Total Posts:76|Showing Posts:1-30|Last Page
Jump to topic:

Do you remember Jehovah's name?

MadCornishBiker
Posts: 23,302
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/27/2015 1:27:41 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
Satan has always worked at getting people top forget Jehovah's name.

Why?

Because as Joel 2:32 tells us, and Paul reminds us when he quotes that passage, Jehovah's name is the only one we can call on for salvation, through his son's sacrifice.

However Jehovah told Jeremiah that his name was under threat, as it had been in the past. Jeremiah 23:27
ASV(i) 27 that think to cause my people to forget my name by their dreams which they tell every man to his neighbor, as their fathers forgat my name for Baal.

We see that even today in the way most translations have dishonestly where it should appear, and deliberately left that holy name from many of the places in their translations and put LORD in instead.

Do you fall for Satan's plot?
DanneJeRusse
Posts: 12,623
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/27/2015 1:33:25 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 8/27/2015 1:27:41 PM, MadCornishBiker wrote:
Satan has always worked at getting people top forget Jehovah's name.

Why?

Because as Joel 2:32 tells us, and Paul reminds us when he quotes that passage, Jehovah's name is the only one we can call on for salvation, through his son's sacrifice.

However Jehovah told Jeremiah that his name was under threat, as it had been in the past. Jeremiah 23:27
ASV(i) 27 that think to cause my people to forget my name by their dreams which they tell every man to his neighbor, as their fathers forgat my name for Baal.

We see that even today in the way most translations have dishonestly where it should appear, and deliberately left that holy name from many of the places in their translations and put LORD in instead.

Do you fall for Satan's plot?

Sorry, gave up believing in the boogieman as a child. When will you be giving up that childish belief?
Marrying a 6 year old and waiting until she reaches puberty and maturity before having consensual sex is better than walking up to
a stranger in a bar and proceeding to have relations with no valid proof of the intent of the person. Muhammad wins. ~ Fatihah
If they don't want to be killed then they have to subdue to the Islamic laws. - Uncung
Without God, you are lower than sh!t. ~ SpiritandTruth
JJ50
Posts: 2,144
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/27/2015 1:47:03 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 8/27/2015 1:27:41 PM, MadCornishBiker wrote:
Satan has always worked at getting people top forget Jehovah's name.

Why?

Because as Joel 2:32 tells us, and Paul reminds us when he quotes that passage, Jehovah's name is the only one we can call on for salvation, through his son's sacrifice.

However Jehovah told Jeremiah that his name was under threat, as it had been in the past. Jeremiah 23:27
ASV(i) 27 that think to cause my people to forget my name by their dreams which they tell every man to his neighbor, as their fathers forgat my name for Baal.

We see that even today in the way most translations have dishonestly where it should appear, and deliberately left that holy name from many of the places in their translations and put LORD in instead.

Do you fall for Satan's plot?

GARBAGE. It is a pity you don't appear to have anything better to do than batter this forum with JW evil nonsense!
MadCornishBiker
Posts: 23,302
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/27/2015 2:05:00 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 8/27/2015 1:33:25 PM, DanneJeRusse wrote:
At 8/27/2015 1:27:41 PM, MadCornishBiker wrote:
Satan has always worked at getting people top forget Jehovah's name.

Why?

Because as Joel 2:32 tells us, and Paul reminds us when he quotes that passage, Jehovah's name is the only one we can call on for salvation, through his son's sacrifice.

However Jehovah told Jeremiah that his name was under threat, as it had been in the past. Jeremiah 23:27
ASV(i) 27 that think to cause my people to forget my name by their dreams which they tell every man to his neighbor, as their fathers forgat my name for Baal.

We see that even today in the way most translations have dishonestly where it should appear, and deliberately left that holy name from many of the places in their translations and put LORD in instead.

Do you fall for Satan's plot?

Sorry, gave up believing in the boogieman as a child. When will you be giving up that childish belief?

Well Jesus did say we had to become as children. However he didn't mean being as gullible as you are. After all you believe in the evolution fairy tale.

I don't believe in the Boogieman either, but Jehovah is very real.
MadCornishBiker
Posts: 23,302
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/27/2015 2:07:43 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 8/27/2015 1:47:03 PM, JJ50 wrote:
At 8/27/2015 1:27:41 PM, MadCornishBiker wrote:
Satan has always worked at getting people top forget Jehovah's name.

Why?

Because as Joel 2:32 tells us, and Paul reminds us when he quotes that passage, Jehovah's name is the only one we can call on for salvation, through his son's sacrifice.

However Jehovah told Jeremiah that his name was under threat, as it had been in the past. Jeremiah 23:27
ASV(i) 27 that think to cause my people to forget my name by their dreams which they tell every man to his neighbor, as their fathers forgat my name for Baal.

We see that even today in the way most translations have dishonestly where it should appear, and deliberately left that holy name from many of the places in their translations and put LORD in instead.

Do you fall for Satan's plot?

GARBAGE. It is a pity you don't appear to have anything better to do than batter this forum with JW evil nonsense!

There is nothing better to do than to point people to the truth, the real hope for the future, and the God who offers us it through his son's sacrifice.
missmedic
Posts: 387
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/27/2015 2:35:09 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
The contrary claims of competing religions are mutually exclusive and thus cannot all be true. Moreover, the testimonial "evidence" for the truth of any one religion is on an equal footing with the contrary testimonial evidence for any other religion. Since there are a multitude of competing religions, and thus a multitude of equally credible yet contrary testimonies, the probability that any given religion is true--and thus that any religion at all is true--is extraordinarily low. Consequently, it is highly probable that all religions are false. Although an argument from contrariety can be combined with an argument from religious confusion to demonstrate the probable nonexistence of God, it does not have to be; an argument from contrariety stands on its own as a strong argument for the falsity of all religions.
JJ50
Posts: 2,144
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/27/2015 2:39:21 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 8/27/2015 2:05:00 PM, MadCornishBiker wrote:
At 8/27/2015 1:33:25 PM, DanneJeRusse wrote:
At 8/27/2015 1:27:41 PM, MadCornishBiker wrote:
Satan has always worked at getting people top forget Jehovah's name.

Why?

Because as Joel 2:32 tells us, and Paul reminds us when he quotes that passage, Jehovah's name is the only one we can call on for salvation, through his son's sacrifice.

However Jehovah told Jeremiah that his name was under threat, as it had been in the past. Jeremiah 23:27
ASV(i) 27 that think to cause my people to forget my name by their dreams which they tell every man to his neighbor, as their fathers forgat my name for Baal.

We see that even today in the way most translations have dishonestly where it should appear, and deliberately left that holy name from many of the places in their translations and put LORD in instead.

Do you fall for Satan's plot?

Sorry, gave up believing in the boogieman as a child. When will you be giving up that childish belief?

Well Jesus did say we had to become as children. However he didn't mean being as gullible as you are. After all you believe in the evolution fairy tale.

I don't believe in the Boogieman either, but Jehovah is very real.

The deity is a bogeyman! You lie when you say it is real with no evidence to substantiate that claim!
Harikrish
Posts: 11,010
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/27/2015 3:10:41 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 8/27/2015 1:27:41 PM, MadCornishBiker wrote:
Satan has always worked at getting people top forget Jehovah's name.

Why?

Because as Joel 2:32 tells us, and Paul reminds us when he quotes that passage, Jehovah's name is the only one we can call on for salvation, through his son's sacrifice.

However Jehovah told Jeremiah that his name was under threat, as it had been in the past. Jeremiah 23:27
ASV(i) 27 that think to cause my people to forget my name by their dreams which they tell every man to his neighbor, as their fathers forgat my name for Baal.

We see that even today in the way most translations have dishonestly where it should appear, and deliberately left that holy name from many of the places in their translations and put LORD in instead.

Do you fall for Satan's plot?

How many times did you call upon Jehovah when you were sodomizing your partner? How many Jehovah's did it take to divorce 4 times and abandon all your wives and family? How many Jehovah's' voted you out of the JW resulting in your disfellowshipped and shunning? How do you remember Jehovah's name when you are so preoccupied with raising money in Gofundme.com to pay for exotic Asian live in caretakers?
I am sure it wasn't satan that made your call Jehovah. You called Jehovah to bless you for your morally depraved and perverted actions and that must have taken many calls to Jehovah
DanneJeRusse
Posts: 12,623
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/27/2015 3:43:56 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 8/27/2015 2:05:00 PM, MadCornishBiker wrote:
At 8/27/2015 1:33:25 PM, DanneJeRusse wrote:
At 8/27/2015 1:27:41 PM, MadCornishBiker wrote:
Satan has always worked at getting people top forget Jehovah's name.

Why?

Because as Joel 2:32 tells us, and Paul reminds us when he quotes that passage, Jehovah's name is the only one we can call on for salvation, through his son's sacrifice.

However Jehovah told Jeremiah that his name was under threat, as it had been in the past. Jeremiah 23:27
ASV(i) 27 that think to cause my people to forget my name by their dreams which they tell every man to his neighbor, as their fathers forgat my name for Baal.

We see that even today in the way most translations have dishonestly where it should appear, and deliberately left that holy name from many of the places in their translations and put LORD in instead.

Do you fall for Satan's plot?

Sorry, gave up believing in the boogieman as a child. When will you be giving up that childish belief?

Well Jesus did say we had to become as children. However he didn't mean being as gullible as you are. After all you believe in the evolution fairy tale.

I don't believe in the Boogieman either, but Jehovah is very real.

Prove it.
Marrying a 6 year old and waiting until she reaches puberty and maturity before having consensual sex is better than walking up to
a stranger in a bar and proceeding to have relations with no valid proof of the intent of the person. Muhammad wins. ~ Fatihah
If they don't want to be killed then they have to subdue to the Islamic laws. - Uncung
Without God, you are lower than sh!t. ~ SpiritandTruth
FaustianJustice
Posts: 6,225
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/27/2015 3:51:24 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 8/27/2015 1:27:41 PM, MadCornishBiker wrote:
Satan has always worked at getting people top forget Jehovah's name.

Why?

Because as Joel 2:32 tells us, and Paul reminds us when he quotes that passage, Jehovah's name is the only one we can call on for salvation, through his son's sacrifice.

However Jehovah told Jeremiah that his name was under threat, as it had been in the past. Jeremiah 23:27
ASV(i) 27 that think to cause my people to forget my name by their dreams which they tell every man to his neighbor, as their fathers forgat my name for Baal.

We see that even today in the way most translations have dishonestly where it should appear, and deliberately left that holy name from many of the places in their translations and put LORD in instead.

Do you fall for Satan's plot?

Perhaps Jehovah should have had a name that is actually possible to pronounce by His creation. YHWH. Then He might not have His named rubbed out in so many places of the Bible and simply substituted with the literary equivalent of "That Guy for whom you know we are speaking of".

As to how you get Jehovah out of that is beyond me. Yaweh is at least close. This of course goes to the question of the convention of "naming". How does one typically get a name, exactly? So, how did Jehovah etc etc get theirs? Perhaps humans gave it to Him, because they seem to have given Him everything else, too.
Here we have an advocate for Islamic arranged marriages demonstrating that children can consent to sex.
http://www.debate.org...
desmac
Posts: 5,078
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/27/2015 4:57:55 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 8/27/2015 3:51:24 PM, FaustianJustice wrote:
At 8/27/2015 1:27:41 PM, MadCornishBiker wrote:
Satan has always worked at getting people top forget Jehovah's name.

Why?

Because as Joel 2:32 tells us, and Paul reminds us when he quotes that passage, Jehovah's name is the only one we can call on for salvation, through his son's sacrifice.

However Jehovah told Jeremiah that his name was under threat, as it had been in the past. Jeremiah 23:27
ASV(i) 27 that think to cause my people to forget my name by their dreams which they tell every man to his neighbor, as their fathers forgat my name for Baal.

We see that even today in the way most translations have dishonestly where it should appear, and deliberately left that holy name from many of the places in their translations and put LORD in instead.

Do you fall for Satan's plot?

Perhaps Jehovah should have had a name that is actually possible to pronounce by His creation. YHWH. Then He might not have His named rubbed out in so many places of the Bible and simply substituted with the literary equivalent of "That Guy for whom you know we are speaking of".

As to how you get Jehovah out of that is beyond me. Yaweh is at least close. This of course goes to the question of the convention of "naming". How does one typically get a name, exactly? So, how did Jehovah etc etc get theirs? Perhaps humans gave it to Him, because they seem to have given Him everything else, too.

Didn't jehovah used to be called Aphrodite?
annanicole
Posts: 19,787
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/27/2015 6:56:25 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 8/27/2015 1:27:41 PM, MadCornishBiker wrote:
Satan has always worked at getting people top forget Jehovah's name.

Why?

Because as Joel 2:32 tells us, and Paul reminds us when he quotes that passage, Jehovah's name is the only one we can call on for salvation, through his son's sacrifice.

That passage - nor any other passage - teach anyone to invoke the literal name of God. "Calling on his name" is the equivalent of submitting to His authority, as in "Stop in the name of the law," or "in the name of reason". To claim that:

(1) one must invoke the literal name of God, then
(2) search around to try to find out the literal name of God, then
(3) claim that Satan tried to "obscure" it, or men tried to "do away" with it, then
(4) announce that you have "recovered" it

is just a ploy, a diversion.
Madcornishbiker: "No, I don't need a dictionary, I know how scripture uses words and that is all I need to now."
annanicole
Posts: 19,787
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/27/2015 7:05:54 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 8/27/2015 1:27:41 PM, MadCornishBiker wrote:

Do you fall for Satan's plot?

Contrast the JW view of - and attitude toward - the scriptures with the view of "Christ and His apostles". Notice how "Christ and His apostles" continually most frequently cited the OT scriptures just as they were written in the Septuagent. They weren't constantly having to make excuses such as "Oh, that was changed" or "Oh, David got it wrong" or "Oh, they mistranslated that one."

Perhaps "Satan's plot" is this: get some off-brand, cultish group to claim that:

(1) All of the Christian Greek manuscripts are ... WRONG
(2) All of the translations of these manuscripts are .... WRONG
(3) Both of the above were a part of some sinister plot, then
(4) All of the lexicons are ... WRONG
(5) All of the grammars are .... WRONG
(6) Inspired men like Jesus, Luke, Paul, and John got things ... WRONG

Then the next move is to claim that the particular group has some special, direct "Holy Spirit guidance" on the matter, i. e. everyone and everything else is WRONG, but .... hold on to your seats .... a group that has never gotten a single prediction right is now fixing all of that! Sound ridiculous? Welcome to the world of the WatchTower.
Madcornishbiker: "No, I don't need a dictionary, I know how scripture uses words and that is all I need to now."
MadCornishBiker
Posts: 23,302
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/27/2015 7:09:31 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 8/27/2015 3:51:24 PM, FaustianJustice wrote:
At 8/27/2015 1:27:41 PM, MadCornishBiker wrote:
Satan has always worked at getting people top forget Jehovah's name.

Why?

Because as Joel 2:32 tells us, and Paul reminds us when he quotes that passage, Jehovah's name is the only one we can call on for salvation, through his son's sacrifice.

However Jehovah told Jeremiah that his name was under threat, as it had been in the past. Jeremiah 23:27
ASV(i) 27 that think to cause my people to forget my name by their dreams which they tell every man to his neighbor, as their fathers forgat my name for Baal.

We see that even today in the way most translations have dishonestly where it should appear, and deliberately left that holy name from many of the places in their translations and put LORD in instead.

Do you fall for Satan's plot?

Perhaps Jehovah should have had a name that is actually possible to pronounce by His creation. YHWH. Then He might not have His named rubbed out in so many places of the Bible and simply substituted with the literary equivalent of "That Guy for whom you know we are speaking of".

His name was pronounceable, it is only the written language that doesn't have vowels.

Before the stupid superstition against saying it was brought in it was in daily use.

Also Jesus renewed the lost knowledge of the correct vowel sounds during his ministry, and as God's only begotten son incarnate he would know. (John 17:6)


As to how you get Jehovah out of that is beyond me. Yaweh is at least close. This of course goes to the question of the convention of "naming". How does one typically get a name, exactly? So, how did Jehovah etc etc get theirs? Perhaps humans gave it to Him, because they seem to have given Him everything else, too.

It is not that difficult to understand if you know a little about the history of written language.

For many centuries the letters I, J and Y were completely interchangeable, as were W and V. Until written language was standardised that was long the case.

When that happened some settles on I, some on J, and some on Y, as for W a,d V that was also settled on differently by different language users.

The results of this are still very evident today, and not just in the case of Jehovah's name, of which there are about 99 different variations:

LIST OF 99 LANGUAGES THAT USE A VERNACULAR FORM OF THE TETRAGRAMMATON IN THE NEW TESTAMENT

CHIHOWA: Choctaw
I"HVE: Portuguese
IEHOUA: Mer
IEHOVA: Gilbertese; Hawaiian; Hiri Motu; Kerewo; Kiwai; Marquesas; Motu; Panaieti (Misima); Rarotongan; Tahitian; Toaripi
IEHOVAN: Saibai
IEOVA: Kuanua; Wedau
IHOVA: Aneityum
IHVH: French
IOVA: Malekula (Kuliviu); Malekula (Pangkumu); Malekula (Uripiv)
JAHOWA: Batak-Toba
JAHU": Chacobo
JAKWE: (Ki)Sukuma
JAHVE: Hungarian
JEHOBA: Kipsigis; Mentawai
JEHOFA: Tswana
JEHOVA: Croatian; German; K"l" (Gabon); Lele (Manus Island); Nandi; Nauruan; Nukuoro
JEHOV": Spanish
JEH"VA: Fang; Tsimihety
JEHOVAH: Dutch; Efik; English; Kalenjin; Malagasy; Narrinyeri; Ojibwa
JEOVA: Kusaie (Kosraean)
JIHOVA: Naga (Angami); Naga (Konyak); Naga (Lotha); Naga (Mao); Naga (Ntenyi); Naga (Sangtam); Rotuman
JIOUA: Mortlock
JIOVA: Fijian
JIWHEY?WHE: Gu (Alada)
SIHOVA: Tongan
UYEHOVA: Zulu
YAHOWA: Thai
YAHVE: Ila
YAVE: Kongo
YAWE: Bobangi; Bolia; Dholuo; Lingala; Mongo (Lolo); (Lo)Ngandu; (Lo)Ntumba; (Ke)Sengele
YEH"A: Awabakal
YEHOFA: Southern Sotho
YEHOVA: Chokwe; Chuana (Tlapi); (Ki)Kalanga; Logo; Luba; Lugbara; (Chi)Luimbi; (Chi)Lunda (Ndembu); (Chi)Luvale; Santo (Hog Harbor); Tiv; Umbundu; (Isi)Xhosa
YEHOVAH: Bube; Mohawk; Nguna (Efate); Nguna (Tongoa)
YEHOWA: Ga; Laotian; (Ki)Songe; Tshiluba
YEKOVA: Zande
YEOBA: Kuba (Inkongo)
YEOHOWA: Korean
YHWH: Hebrew
YOWO: Lomwe
ZAHOVA: Chin (Haka-Lai)

Jehovah's name has also suffered from the fact that he confused the languages at Babel, however, had he not done so we would probably be in our currently situation of destroying our environment, and threatening the prospects for any future life on earth, many centuries ago.

Which is of course why he was forced to do it, as scripture implies.

As the forgiving God that Jehovah has always been, I am confident that he will not hold a failure to get it completely right against us in the circumstances.
MadCornishBiker
Posts: 23,302
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/27/2015 7:34:14 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 8/27/2015 7:05:54 PM, annanicole wrote:
At 8/27/2015 1:27:41 PM, MadCornishBiker wrote:

Do you fall for Satan's plot?

Contrast the JW view of - and attitude toward - the scriptures with the view of "Christ and His apostles". Notice how "Christ and His apostles" continually most frequently cited the OT scriptures just as they were written in the Septuagent. They weren't constantly having to make excuses such as "Oh, that was changed" or "Oh, David got it wrong" or "Oh, they mistranslated that one."

Perhaps "Satan's plot" is this: get some off-brand, cultish group to claim that:

(1) All of the Christian Greek manuscripts are ... WRONG
(2) All of the translations of these manuscripts are .... WRONG
(3) Both of the above were a part of some sinister plot, then
(4) All of the lexicons are ... WRONG
(5) All of the grammars are .... WRONG
(6) Inspired men like Jesus, Luke, Paul, and John got things ... WRONG

Then the next move is to claim that the particular group has some special, direct "Holy Spirit guidance" on the matter, i. e. everyone and everything else is WRONG, but .... hold on to your seats .... a group that has never gotten a single prediction right is now fixing all of that! Sound ridiculous? Welcome to the world of the WatchTower.

Again your argument is self-defeating.

The whole effort of the JWs in continually trying to make their translation more accurate is to bring it ever closer to the true meanings.

For instance, the NWT is the only translation in remotely common use that is honest enough to include the divine name in the quotations from the Hebrew Scriptures that contain it when used in the Christian Greek Scriptures.

Again you allow your irrational hatred of the JWs blind you to such facts.

That is yet another factor which argues completely against your false claims.

So you believe that to stick to the literal wording, in translations which are easy to prove to be inaccurate, is the way to go?

Nonesense, sorry, but it really is.

There are a number of scriptures which prove that John 1:1 is currently accepted in an inaccurate version, not least John 1:1 itself which only truly makes an sense whatever if viewed in what is seen as the alternative format.

John 1:1
ASV(i) 1 In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God.

OK Lets analyse that.

"In the beginning was the word".

Beginning of what?

Jehovah has no beginning, he always was, before even time began. Therefore that verse tells us that The Word was only with God from a defined point.

Who was the word?

Well John 1:14 tells us that he was Jehovah's only begotten son. The one who was produced by his father as a son. The fact that he was produced by creation rather than procreation is irrelevant, since procreation did not exist as a possibility until well into the creative process.

So we have a being called "The Word" who we are told was with God in the beginning, but not before, and who is his only begotten son.

And yet we are told that not only is he with God, but he is God, a total and utter impossibility.

The whole verse only works if you accept the final appearance of the word God as a description of the nature of his being, not as a statement of who he is.

By that token the only way that final part reads correctly is if you accept it in one of teh original versions:

"the word was a god"

"the word was a god-like sort"

"the word was divine"

All of which describe the Word, God's only begotten son, as a spirit being. nothing more, nothing less, made of the same substance as his father, and all angels which he helped his father create.

All this proves beyond the slightest reasonable doubt, that the Word, God's only begotten son, himself had a beginning, at the hands of his father.

It also explains why they are called father and son, rather than brothers, whereas the Trinitarian distorted version of John 1:1 declares that they are one being with s split personality, capable of both being themselves and with themselves.

Can any reasonable person accept the standard version as being the true one>

Not in the least. It takes an effort to distort it's meaning just to accept that this version of John 1:1 actually makes any sense at all.

Why were Christ and the Apostles not constantly saying that was changed?

Because the Christian Greek Scriptures had not even been written . They wrote them. Most were too busy living them until they were too old for an active ministry, or stuck in prison.

This post proves above all others you have made that you are not interested in being reasonable. You only wish to accept your false, man made, doctrine.

And you are so obsessed with your hatred of the JWs that you are even prepared to be dishonest to promote it.

Your hatred distorts your thinking.
MadCornishBiker
Posts: 23,302
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/27/2015 7:46:01 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 8/27/2015 6:56:25 PM, annanicole wrote:
At 8/27/2015 1:27:41 PM, MadCornishBiker wrote:
Satan has always worked at getting people top forget Jehovah's name.

Why?

Because as Joel 2:32 tells us, and Paul reminds us when he quotes that passage, Jehovah's name is the only one we can call on for salvation, through his son's sacrifice.

That passage - nor any other passage - teach anyone to invoke the literal name of God. "Calling on his name" is the equivalent of submitting to His authority, as in "Stop in the name of the law," or "in the name of reason". To claim that:

(1) one must invoke the literal name of God, then
(2) search around to try to find out the literal name of God, then
(3) claim that Satan tried to "obscure" it, or men tried to "do away" with it, then
(4) announce that you have "recovered" it

is just a ploy, a diversion.

Then why did Paul repeat that command twice?

Why do the Apostles continually credit the Father, Jehovah, with the provision of salvation through Christ, rather than Christ himself?

No the only ploy, the only distraction is Satan's, and you are promoting it.

I leave it to others to decide whether you are simply ignorant of what the Apostles taught, or are deliberately obscuring the truth.

Colossians 1:12-13
ASV(i) 12 giving thanks unto the Father, who made us meet to be partakers of the inheritance of the saints in light; 13 who delivered us out of the power of darkness, and translated us into the kingdom of the Son of his love;

And that is just one example of the praise being given to the Father, for the son, not to the son.
MadCornishBiker
Posts: 23,302
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/27/2015 7:51:12 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 8/27/2015 5:44:26 PM, graceofgod wrote:
actually the passage uses Lord ..Yahweh....

Yahweh is teh Hebrew version translitereated, but most languages had considerable confusion in their use of letters, until writing standardised within the different language groups.

Even today some languages use J as a Y or I sound, and some pronounce W as the English pronounce V.

Hence the different languages come up with different versions of the name in their written forms.

LIST OF 99 LANGUAGES THAT USE A VERNACULAR FORM OF THE TETRAGRAMMATON IN THE NEW TESTAMENT

CHIHOWA: Choctaw
I"HVE: Portuguese
IEHOUA: Mer
IEHOVA: Gilbertese; Hawaiian; Hiri Motu; Kerewo; Kiwai; Marquesas; Motu; Panaieti (Misima); Rarotongan; Tahitian; Toaripi
IEHOVAN: Saibai
IEOVA: Kuanua; Wedau
IHOVA: Aneityum
IHVH: French
IOVA: Malekula (Kuliviu); Malekula (Pangkumu); Malekula (Uripiv)
JAHOWA: Batak-Toba
JAHU": Chacobo
JAKWE: (Ki)Sukuma
JAHVE: Hungarian
JEHOBA: Kipsigis; Mentawai
JEHOFA: Tswana
JEHOVA: Croatian; German; K"l" (Gabon); Lele (Manus Island); Nandi; Nauruan; Nukuoro
JEHOV": Spanish
JEH"VA: Fang; Tsimihety
JEHOVAH: Dutch; Efik; English; Kalenjin; Malagasy; Narrinyeri; Ojibwa
JEOVA: Kusaie (Kosraean)
JIHOVA: Naga (Angami); Naga (Konyak); Naga (Lotha); Naga (Mao); Naga (Ntenyi); Naga (Sangtam); Rotuman
JIOUA: Mortlock
JIOVA: Fijian
JIWHEY?WHE: Gu (Alada)
SIHOVA: Tongan
UYEHOVA: Zulu
YAHOWA: Thai
YAHVE: Ila
YAVE: Kongo
YAWE: Bobangi; Bolia; Dholuo; Lingala; Mongo (Lolo); (Lo)Ngandu; (Lo)Ntumba; (Ke)Sengele
YEH"A: Awabakal
YEHOFA: Southern Sotho
YEHOVA: Chokwe; Chuana (Tlapi); (Ki)Kalanga; Logo; Luba; Lugbara; (Chi)Luimbi; (Chi)Lunda (Ndembu); (Chi)Luvale; Santo (Hog Harbor); Tiv; Umbundu; (Isi)Xhosa
YEHOVAH: Bube; Mohawk; Nguna (Efate); Nguna (Tongoa)
YEHOWA: Ga; Laotian; (Ki)Songe; Tshiluba
YEKOVA: Zande
YEOBA: Kuba (Inkongo)
YEOHOWA: Korean
YHWH: Hebrew
YOWO: Lomwe
ZAHOVA: Chin (Haka-Lai)
MadCornishBiker
Posts: 23,302
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/27/2015 7:52:57 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 8/27/2015 4:57:55 PM, desmac wrote:
At 8/27/2015 3:51:24 PM, FaustianJustice wrote:
At 8/27/2015 1:27:41 PM, MadCornishBiker wrote:
Satan has always worked at getting people top forget Jehovah's name.

Why?

Because as Joel 2:32 tells us, and Paul reminds us when he quotes that passage, Jehovah's name is the only one we can call on for salvation, through his son's sacrifice.

However Jehovah told Jeremiah that his name was under threat, as it had been in the past. Jeremiah 23:27
ASV(i) 27 that think to cause my people to forget my name by their dreams which they tell every man to his neighbor, as their fathers forgat my name for Baal.

We see that even today in the way most translations have dishonestly where it should appear, and deliberately left that holy name from many of the places in their translations and put LORD in instead.

Do you fall for Satan's plot?

Perhaps Jehovah should have had a name that is actually possible to pronounce by His creation. YHWH. Then He might not have His named rubbed out in so many places of the Bible and simply substituted with the literary equivalent of "That Guy for whom you know we are speaking of".

As to how you get Jehovah out of that is beyond me. Yaweh is at least close. This of course goes to the question of the convention of "naming". How does one typically get a name, exactly? So, how did Jehovah etc etc get theirs? Perhaps humans gave it to Him, because they seem to have given Him everything else, too.

Didn't jehovah used to be called Aphrodite?

No.
annanicole
Posts: 19,787
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/27/2015 8:10:22 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 8/27/2015 7:46:01 PM, MadCornishBiker wrote:
At 8/27/2015 6:56:25 PM, annanicole wrote:
At 8/27/2015 1:27:41 PM, MadCornishBiker wrote:
Satan has always worked at getting people top forget Jehovah's name.

Why?

Because as Joel 2:32 tells us, and Paul reminds us when he quotes that passage, Jehovah's name is the only one we can call on for salvation, through his son's sacrifice.

That passage - nor any other passage - teach anyone to invoke the literal name of God. "Calling on his name" is the equivalent of submitting to His authority, as in "Stop in the name of the law," or "in the name of reason". To claim that:

(1) one must invoke the literal name of God, then
(2) search around to try to find out the literal name of God, then
(3) claim that Satan tried to "obscure" it, or men tried to "do away" with it, then
(4) announce that you have "recovered" it

is just a ploy, a diversion.

Then why did Paul repeat that command twice?

Whether he said it once, twice, or a hundred times does not changed the meaning of it.

Why do the Apostles continually credit the Father, Jehovah, with the provision of salvation through Christ, rather than Christ himself?

Who gets the credit does not alter the fact that "calling on the name" simply means "submit to the authority."

Colossians 1:12-13
ASV(i) 12 giving thanks unto the Father, who made us meet to be partakers of the inheritance of the saints in light; 13 who delivered us out of the power of darkness, and translated us into the kingdom of the Son of his love;

And that is just one example of the praise being given to the Father, for the son, not to the son.

It's also an example of Paul and the Colossians being in the kingdom of Jesus Christ right then and there, back in AD 60 or so. You know, the very thing that you try to claim appeared in 1914.
Madcornishbiker: "No, I don't need a dictionary, I know how scripture uses words and that is all I need to now."
Harikrish
Posts: 11,010
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/27/2015 8:28:09 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
Not many Christians have figured out how the name "Jehovah" came about. The Jews never addressed God by name and there was no "J" in Hebrew. So we know it cannot be a name for God's (God's name) and it was not in the Hebrew bible.
We also know the Jews don't accept the Virgin birth. So they never made the connection I am about to offer.
It is known the angels came and had sex with the daughters of men.

GENESIS 6:1 Now it came to pass, when men began to multiply on the face of the earth, and daughters were born to them, 2 that the sons of God saw the daughters of men, that they were beautiful; and they took wives for themselves of all whom they chose. 3 And the LORD said, "My Spirit shall not strive with man forever, for he is indeed flesh; yet his days shall be one hundred and twenty years." 4 There were giants on the earth in those days, and also afterward, when the sons of God came in to the daughters of men and they bore children to them. Those were the mighty men who were of old, men of renown. (NKJV)

So how did the word Jehovah enter the Bible?

When the angels returned and shared their stories about their illicit sex with the beautiful daughters of men, it got the attention of God. God then said was looking to go down and get some action for himself and picked a Virgin called Mary. The angels encouraged God and told Him "Joe have her"or "Joe hoe her". That was translated as Jehovah by the Greeks and became the chant word for the JW. That is why the JW insists Jesus is only the son of God because "Joe hoe her" is how they remember Jehovah's name.
MadCornishBiker
Posts: 23,302
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/27/2015 9:32:50 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 8/27/2015 8:46:42 PM, graceofgod wrote:
Yah"weh " 6218 Occurrences..... it is the correct use of the word...

Should be 7,000 plus.

The correct Hebrew use, yes.

The one we know as Jesus was a member of the tribe of Judah, a Hebrew, and as such his name was Joshua, or Jehoshua.

In Greek he was called Iesus. In Latin he was also called Iesus, "Iesus Nazarensis Rex Iudoram", because Judah was called Iudah.

What do you call him.

If you are going to get pedantic about Jehovah then you have to be equally so about Jesus, or you are simply looking for excuses.

We can only do our best with the written language because for many centuries too many letters were interchangeable.

Jehovah is the accepted English language version. It will do me until we actually know better rather than having to guess as we do at the moment.

I am sure that Jehovah understands the problem.
MadCornishBiker
Posts: 23,302
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/27/2015 9:35:10 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 8/27/2015 8:10:22 PM, annanicole wrote:
At 8/27/2015 7:46:01 PM, MadCornishBiker wrote:
At 8/27/2015 6:56:25 PM, annanicole wrote:
At 8/27/2015 1:27:41 PM, MadCornishBiker wrote:
Satan has always worked at getting people top forget Jehovah's name.

Why?

Because as Joel 2:32 tells us, and Paul reminds us when he quotes that passage, Jehovah's name is the only one we can call on for salvation, through his son's sacrifice.

That passage - nor any other passage - teach anyone to invoke the literal name of God. "Calling on his name" is the equivalent of submitting to His authority, as in "Stop in the name of the law," or "in the name of reason". To claim that:

(1) one must invoke the literal name of God, then
(2) search around to try to find out the literal name of God, then
(3) claim that Satan tried to "obscure" it, or men tried to "do away" with it, then
(4) announce that you have "recovered" it

is just a ploy, a diversion.

Then why did Paul repeat that command twice?

Whether he said it once, twice, or a hundred times does not changed the meaning of it.

Why do the Apostles continually credit the Father, Jehovah, with the provision of salvation through Christ, rather than Christ himself?

Who gets the credit does not alter the fact that "calling on the name" simply means "submit to the authority."

Colossians 1:12-13
ASV(i) 12 giving thanks unto the Father, who made us meet to be partakers of the inheritance of the saints in light; 13 who delivered us out of the power of darkness, and translated us into the kingdom of the Son of his love;

And that is just one example of the praise being given to the Father, for the son, not to the son.

It's also an example of Paul and the Colossians being in the kingdom of Jesus Christ right then and there, back in AD 60 or so. You know, the very thing that you try to claim appeared in 1914.

I have never doubted that, as you know. However that still doesn't mean the Kingdom was fully formed. It could not have been as they were still on the earth, and some of the elect still are.

As long as it had a King, it was a Kingdom, no matter how few subjects it had.
MadCornishBiker
Posts: 23,302
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/27/2015 9:45:38 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 8/27/2015 8:28:09 PM, Harikrish wrote:
Not many Christians have figured out how the name "Jehovah" came about. The Jews never addressed God by name and there was no "J" in Hebrew. So we know it cannot be a name for God's (God's name) and it was not in the Hebrew bible.

You have been misinformed.

The name of God was in use for many centuries, until a rather stupid superstition was brought in from other religions that the name of God was too holy to pronounce.

Part of Jesus' ministry was making his father's name now to those who would need to know it (Joel 2:32).

It is also in the earliest Hebrew Scrolls that we have available.

We also know the Jews don't accept the Virgin birth. So they never made the connection I am about to offer.

They should have. it was not as if it was the first one. Isaiah 7:14 tells of Ahaz being told of a soon to come about virgin birth, as a sign for him that Jehovah was with Isaiah, and that Jehovah's word through him would come true.

Therefore faithful Jews would have no doubts abut that possibility.

It is known the angels came and had sex with the daughters of men.

GENESIS 6:1 Now it came to pass, when men began to multiply on the face of the earth, and daughters were born to them, 2 that the sons of God saw the daughters of men, that they were beautiful; and they took wives for themselves of all whom they chose. 3 And the LORD said, "My Spirit shall not strive with man forever, for he is indeed flesh; yet his days shall be one hundred and twenty years." 4 There were giants on the earth in those days, and also afterward, when the sons of God came in to the daughters of men and they bore children to them. Those were the mighty men who were of old, men of renown. (NKJV)

That is true, and that led to a ban on materialisations except on Jehovah's business.


So how did the word Jehovah enter the Bible?

When the angels returned and shared their stories about their illicit sex with the beautiful daughters of men, it got the attention of God. God then said was looking to go down and get some action for himself and picked a Virgin called Mary. The angels encouraged God and told Him "Joe have her"or "Joe hoe her". That was translated as Jehovah by the Greeks and became the chant word for the JW. That is why the JW insists Jesus is only the son of God because "Joe hoe her" is how they remember Jehovah's name.

That is not only wrong, but sick.

Jehovah's name came into the Bible because Moses put it there under inspiration. Jehovah himself told Moses his name, which means something along the lines of "I shall prove to be what I shall prove to be" and is a confirmation that Jehovah's word is reliable.

Hebrew was a language of concepts. of ideas, not of descriptions.
Harikrish
Posts: 11,010
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/27/2015 9:59:09 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 8/27/2015 8:28:09 PM, Harikrish wrote:
Not many Christians have figured out how the name "Jehovah" came about. The Jews never addressed God by name and there was no "J" in Hebrew. So we know it cannot be a name for God's (God's name) and it was not in the Hebrew bible.
We also know the Jews don't accept the Virgin birth. So they never made the connection I am about to offer.
It is known the angels came and had sex with the daughters of men.

GENESIS 6:1 Now it came to pass, when men began to multiply on the face of the earth, and daughters were born to them, 2 that the sons of God saw the daughters of men, that they were beautiful; and they took wives for themselves of all whom they chose. 3 And the LORD said, "My Spirit shall not strive with man forever, for he is indeed flesh; yet his days shall be one hundred and twenty years." 4 There were giants on the earth in those days, and also afterward, when the sons of God came in to the daughters of men and they bore children to them. Those were the mighty men who were of old, men of renown. (NKJV)

So how did the word Jehovah enter the Bible?

When the angels returned and shared their stories about their illicit sex with the beautiful daughters of men, it got the attention of God. God then said was looking to go down and get some action for himself and picked a Virgin called Mary. The angels encouraged God and told Him "Joe have her"or "Joe hoe her". That was translated as Jehovah by the Greeks and became the chant word for the JW. That is why the JW insists Jesus is only the son of God because "Joe hoe her" is how they remember Jehovah's name.

We know there was a Virgin Mary in the Bible. We know that Joe is an affectionate term for someone you are familiar with. The angles were very familiar with God. We now have the context in which Joe was used. Joe hoe her (Mary) or Joe hav her (Mary).
I am having less of a problem remembering Jehovah now that the context for its use has been revealed.
MadCornishBiker
Posts: 23,302
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/27/2015 10:00:51 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 8/27/2015 8:10:22 PM, annanicole wrote:
At 8/27/2015 7:46:01 PM, MadCornishBiker wrote:
At 8/27/2015 6:56:25 PM, annanicole wrote:
At 8/27/2015 1:27:41 PM, MadCornishBiker wrote:
Satan has always worked at getting people top forget Jehovah's name.

Why?

Because as Joel 2:32 tells us, and Paul reminds us when he quotes that passage, Jehovah's name is the only one we can call on for salvation, through his son's sacrifice.

That passage - nor any other passage - teach anyone to invoke the literal name of God. "Calling on his name" is the equivalent of submitting to His authority, as in "Stop in the name of the law," or "in the name of reason". To claim that:

(1) one must invoke the literal name of God, then
(2) search around to try to find out the literal name of God, then
(3) claim that Satan tried to "obscure" it, or men tried to "do away" with it, then
(4) announce that you have "recovered" it

is just a ploy, a diversion.

Then why did Paul repeat that command twice?

Whether he said it once, twice, or a hundred times does not changed the meaning of it.

That is true. No matter how often it was used it still means that Jehovah is the name we need to call on for salvation, because it is his arrangement, carried out under his orders by his nly begotten son..

That is why, In Romans 120 Paul went on from quoting Joel to say that people had to know it to call on it, and that for that someone had to preach it.

That is why Jehovah gave the JWs his name, what the JWs do, and you do not acknowledge in your unfaithfulness to the God who gave you life.


Why do the Apostles continually credit the Father, Jehovah, with the provision of salvation through Christ, rather than Christ himself?

Who gets the credit does not alter the fact that "calling on the name" simply means "submit to the authority."

No it does not. Again you have to cahnge the meanings in order to support your false beliefs, though by doing so you also highlight your own hypocrisy sicne yo do not submit to his authority or you cuold not believe as you do..

|In fact it all means exactly what it says.

Our salvation comes from the father, through the sacrifice performed by the son. Therefore it is the father we need to thank for it not the son, since the father arranged for it to happen and authorised it. Hence the Apostles always thanked the father not the son.


Colossians 1:12-13
ASV(i) 12 giving thanks unto the Father, who made us meet to be partakers of the inheritance of the saints in light; 13 who delivered us out of the power of darkness, and translated us into the kingdom of the Son of his love;

And that is just one example of the praise being given to the Father, for the son, not to the son.

It's also an example of Paul and the Colossians being in the kingdom of Jesus Christ right then and there, back in AD 60 or so. You know, the very thing that you try to claim appeared in 1914.

Again you have it all wrong.

The claim, which scripture supports is that the Kingdom under Christ was given the right to rule at the end of the Gentile Times, which is what 1914 represents.

However, still the Kingdom is not fully formed because as Revelation tells us, when all Christ's co-rulers have been gathered in and have proved faithful to death, which marks their sealing, then Armageddon will be brought in as Revelation 7:1-3 tells us.

Christ, as it's future King, started gathering subjects whilst on earth, and now has his agents, the JWs gathering in and supporting the last of the elect, the holy ones.

Only then will Jehovah allow his son to extend the rule of his Kingdom to the whole of the earth.

Only then will Daniel 2:44 be fulfilled.

However, the Kingdom will only be absolutely finalised after the final test, when Christ will hand it back to his father, to whom it really belongs.

Sorry Anna, you cannot win, scripture beats you hands down every time.
annanicole
Posts: 19,787
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/27/2015 10:02:00 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 8/27/2015 9:35:10 PM, MadCornishBiker wrote:
At 8/27/2015 8:10:22 PM, annanicole wrote:
At 8/27/2015 7:46:01 PM, MadCornishBiker wrote:
At 8/27/2015 6:56:25 PM, annanicole wrote:
At 8/27/2015 1:27:41 PM, MadCornishBiker wrote:
Satan has always worked at getting people top forget Jehovah's name.

Why?

Because as Joel 2:32 tells us, and Paul reminds us when he quotes that passage, Jehovah's name is the only one we can call on for salvation, through his son's sacrifice.

That passage - nor any other passage - teach anyone to invoke the literal name of God. "Calling on his name" is the equivalent of submitting to His authority, as in "Stop in the name of the law," or "in the name of reason". To claim that:

(1) one must invoke the literal name of God, then
(2) search around to try to find out the literal name of God, then
(3) claim that Satan tried to "obscure" it, or men tried to "do away" with it, then
(4) announce that you have "recovered" it

is just a ploy, a diversion.

Then why did Paul repeat that command twice?

Whether he said it once, twice, or a hundred times does not changed the meaning of it.

Why do the Apostles continually credit the Father, Jehovah, with the provision of salvation through Christ, rather than Christ himself?

Who gets the credit does not alter the fact that "calling on the name" simply means "submit to the authority."

Colossians 1:12-13
ASV(i) 12 giving thanks unto the Father, who made us meet to be partakers of the inheritance of the saints in light; 13 who delivered us out of the power of darkness, and translated us into the kingdom of the Son of his love;

And that is just one example of the praise being given to the Father, for the son, not to the son.

It's also an example of Paul and the Colossians being in the kingdom of Jesus Christ right then and there, back in AD 60 or so. You know, the very thing that you try to claim appeared in 1914.

I have never doubted that, as you know. However that still doesn't mean the Kingdom was fully formed. It could not have been as they were still on the earth, and some of the elect still are.

Explain to us, then - and do so plainly - exactly what was lacking. And please do not venture off into your prophetic speculations. We know where that's gotten the BotchTower and its followers in the past.

As long as it had a King, it was a Kingdom, no matter how few subjects it had.

That's absolutely true. And it had a king back in AD 60 or so.
Madcornishbiker: "No, I don't need a dictionary, I know how scripture uses words and that is all I need to now."
POPOO5560
Posts: 2,487
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/27/2015 10:02:27 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 8/27/2015 1:27:41 PM, MadCornishBiker wrote:
Satan has always worked at getting people top forget Jehovah's name.

Why?

Because as Joel 2:32 tells us, and Paul reminds us when he quotes that passage, Jehovah's name is the only one we can call on for salvation, through his son's sacrifice.

However Jehovah told Jeremiah that his name was under threat, as it had been in the past. Jeremiah 23:27
ASV(i) 27 that think to cause my people to forget my name by their dreams which they tell every man to his neighbor, as their fathers forgat my name for Baal.

We see that even today in the way most translations have dishonestly where it should appear, and deliberately left that holy name from many of the places in their translations and put LORD in instead.

Do you fall for Satan's plot?

dude... u think u preaching something great but u just repeating what somebody taught u.. God gave u a brain why not use it instead trying to preach nonsense
Never fart near dog