Total Posts:18|Showing Posts:1-18
Jump to topic:

Vanity of Vanities--thank God that's over!

August_Burns_Red
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/28/2015 9:30:30 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
Was reading some Ecclesiastes last night, my Christian brothers. And well you know how the Bible is so very great at how the depth of the writing can allow you to read the same passage many times and get deeper and deeper answers and thoughts and insight from them. So this happened to me with Ecclesiastes. It impacted me on how meaningless life is without the Lord, and us striving for God's Grace. ANd forming a relationship with Him. And preparing for the Afterlife and the Next Level. It made me feel sorry for the Atheists, but I prayed that they will one day also Know God. Here is some passages from it. What do you Believers think life would be like for you without God's Grace--or the perfect teachings of Jesus that enrich us? I once DID know that life, and it was so empty that I ddin't even want it. God Bless.

All Is Vanity
1 The words of the Preacher,[a] the son of David, king in Jerusalem.

2 Vanity of vanities, says the Preacher,
vanity of vanities! All is vanity.
3 What does man gain by all the toil
at which he toils under the sun?
4 A generation goes, and a generation comes,
but the earth remains forever.
5 The sun rises, and the sun goes down,
and hastens to the place where it rises.
6 The wind blows to the south
and goes around to the north;
around and around goes the wind,
and on its circuits the wind returns.
7 All streams run to the sea,
but the sea is not full;
to the place where the streams flow,
there they flow again.
8 All things are full of weariness;
a man cannot utter it;
the eye is not satisfied with seeing,
nor the ear filled with hearing.
9 What has been is what will be,
and what has been done is what will be done,
and there is nothing new under the sun.
10 Is there a thing of which it is said,
"See, this is new"?
It has been already
in the ages before us.
11 There is no remembrance of former things,
nor will there be any remembrance
of later things[e] yet to be
among those who come after.
Tomorrow's forecast: God reigns and the Son shines!
DanneJeRusse
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/29/2015 3:00:01 PM
At 8/28/2015 9:30:30 PM, August_Burns_Red wrote:
Was reading some Ecclesiastes last night, my Christian brothers. And well you know how the Bible is so very great at how the depth of the writing can allow you to read the same passage many times and get deeper and deeper answers and thoughts and insight from them. So this happened to me with Ecclesiastes. It impacted me on how meaningless life is without the Lord, and us striving for God's Grace. ANd forming a relationship with Him. And preparing for the Afterlife and the Next Level.

Or, perhaps more precisely, you have come to understand how you have not found any meaning in your own life, which of course has nothing to do with anyone else. So, you managed to find a crutch, but none of your problems or meaninglessness have gone away, they are all still with you because you haven't actually dealt with them, you've merely masked them over. It's like becoming a heroin addict because cocaine no longer gives you a thrill.

It made me feel sorry for the Atheists, but I prayed that they will one day also Know God.

You need not feel sorry for people who have found meaning in their lives, who don't need a crutch to get through the day, who don't need to turn to heroin because they were never cocaine addicts in the first place. We deal with our problems, we don't mask them under a thinly veiled charade.

And, of course, no one cares in the least if you want to hold onto your crutch, but certainly if you sought professional help, you can at the very least deal with your problems, of which look plentiful.

Here is some passages from it. What do you Believers think life would be like for you without God's Grace--or the perfect teachings of Jesus that enrich us? I once DID know that life, and it was so empty that I ddin't even want it. God Bless.

All Is Vanity
1 The words of the Preacher,[a] the son of David, king in Jerusalem.

2 Vanity of vanities, says the Preacher,
vanity of vanities! All is vanity.
3 What does man gain by all the toil
at which he toils under the sun?
4 A generation goes, and a generation comes,
but the earth remains forever.
5 The sun rises, and the sun goes down,
and hastens to the place where it rises.
6 The wind blows to the south
and goes around to the north;
around and around goes the wind,
and on its circuits the wind returns.
7 All streams run to the sea,
but the sea is not full;
to the place where the streams flow,
there they flow again.
8 All things are full of weariness;
a man cannot utter it;
the eye is not satisfied with seeing,
nor the ear filled with hearing.
9 What has been is what will be,
and what has been done is what will be done,
and there is nothing new under the sun.
10 Is there a thing of which it is said,
"See, this is new"?
It has been already
in the ages before us.
11 There is no remembrance of former things,
nor will there be any remembrance
of later things[e] yet to be
among those who come after.
Marrying a 6 year old and waiting until she reaches puberty and maturity before having consensual sex is better than walking up to
a stranger in a bar and proceeding to have relations with no valid proof of the intent of the person. Muhammad wins. ~ Fatihah
If they don't want to be killed then they have to subdue to the Islamic laws. - Uncung
Without God, you are lower than sh!t. ~ SpiritandTruth
DanneJeRusse
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/29/2015 5:38:11 PM
At 8/29/2015 5:35:35 PM, janesix wrote:
How do you form a "relationship" with God?

The equivalent to a pre-frontal lobotomy should get you there.
Marrying a 6 year old and waiting until she reaches puberty and maturity before having consensual sex is better than walking up to
a stranger in a bar and proceeding to have relations with no valid proof of the intent of the person. Muhammad wins. ~ Fatihah
If they don't want to be killed then they have to subdue to the Islamic laws. - Uncung
August_Burns_Red
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/29/2015 7:10:25 PM
At 8/29/2015 5:43:45 PM, TBR wrote:
Vanity? You mean like presuming that others lives are miserable without sharing your faith?

Actually in the ancient Hebrew the word we have translated to "vanity" really meant Breath. All is Breath. Breath, Breath. LOL. Implying the temporary physical and Godless life of futility. And yeah I'm sure there are happy atheist out there. or they think they are. I just hate to see anybody miss out on God' Glory. If they only knew! I know the kind of happiness some Atheists think they have. I had it too sometimes as an atheist. But it's so fleeting. temporal. Any wind will blow it. Ecclesiastes speaks of this.
August_Burns_Red
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/29/2015 7:24:51 PM

Are you truly curious or skeptical? LOL. Or both?

Begin by Seeking and praying. Be still and quiet. Approach Him with Humility and True Curiosity. Ask Him to come into your Life. Pray like you're talking in your own words. Like Jesus said the fancy words mean little, it's all about Sincerity and Intent with God. Do this, and read some Psalms. Blend the Psalms with honest and open Prayer. Then be patient, have Courage, and watch for the Signs. Which will come. (I answered your other post on the Signs, too!)

God Bless and God Speed on your journey.
Electric-Eccentric
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/29/2015 7:40:36 PM

EE: Such a easy question to answer by those that are wise fools, or foolish wise men.

Get to KNOW YOUR SELF by EMBRACING that of YOU that YOU HATE, despise and REJECT.

The MONSTER of confusion & doubts that most try and RUN FROM is

THEM SELVES.

if YOU can't LOVE and UNDERSTAND YOUR SELF 100%...

HOW can you have what is REQUIRED to understand and LOVE others unconditionally?

I LOVE ALL unconditionally as I understand what it is or may be like to WALK in THEIR shoes.

I'm not what would be called prejudiced by most as I dislike most ALL the same.

You can love the person unconditionally, BUT

you don't have to like them or what they do and believe.

it has to do with children and mature grown ups in more the age.

many will say that I have a BIG EGO

that is a Truth for sure as I AM NOT confused and troubled by the doubts that the superstitious minded have.

I AM the reflection of the monster in the mirror of discovery that many fear and try and deny and hide from.

don't believe me?

poke a stick in my direction and see what happens if you dare,lol...
giggle giggle
said the mad man of Truth & discovery.
Life is what YOU make it,
Most just try and fake it...
DanneJeRusse
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/30/2015 3:25:12 PM
At 8/29/2015 7:10:25 PM, August_Burns_Red wrote:
And yeah I'm sure there are happy atheist out there. or they think they are. I just hate to see anybody miss out on God' Glory. If they only knew! I know the kind of happiness some Atheists think they have. I had it too sometimes as an atheist. But it's so fleeting. temporal. Any wind will blow it. Ecclesiastes speaks of this.

Yes, exactly, YOU hate the fact others are missing out on your delusions, YOU. Which of course, has absolutely nothing to do with what other people want for themselves, but nonetheless, you seem to think you know what's best for them, YOU.

Since, YOU are incredibly stupid and have made stupid decisions in your life, YOU somehow believe others have made the very same stupid decisions and are in need of a Jesus. That is the huge flaw in your "thinking", if one could call it that.
janesix
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/30/2015 5:40:58 PM
At 8/29/2015 7:24:51 PM, August_Burns_Red wrote:

Begin by Seeking and praying. Be still and quiet. Approach Him with Humility and True Curiosity. Ask Him to come into your Life. Pray like you're talking in your own words. Like Jesus said the fancy words mean little, it's all about Sincerity and Intent with God. Do this, and read some Psalms. Blend the Psalms with honest and open Prayer. Then be patient, have Courage, and watch for the Signs. Which will come. (I answered your other post on the Signs, too!)

I am truly curious. I've had my own experiences with God. I also get a lot of synchronicities, but they don't seem to have anything to do with God. A lot of them just seem random. Or maybe I'm too dumb to figure them out. The Universe seems to like playing games. When God talks to me, it's directly and there's no doubt who it is.
janesix
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/30/2015 5:43:26 PM
At 8/29/2015 7:40:36 PM, Electric-Eccentric wrote:

EE: Such a easy question to answer by those that are wise fools, or foolish wise men.

Get to KNOW YOUR SELF by EMBRACING that of YOU that YOU HATE, despise and REJECT.

The MONSTER of confusion & doubts that most try and RUN FROM is

THEM SELVES.

if YOU can't LOVE and UNDERSTAND YOUR SELF 100%...

HOW can you have what is REQUIRED to understand and LOVE others unconditionally?

I LOVE ALL unconditionally as I understand what it is or may be like to WALK in THEIR shoes.

I'm not what would be called prejudiced by most as I dislike most ALL the same.

You can love the person unconditionally, BUT

you don't have to like them or what they do and believe.

it has to do with children and mature grown ups in more the age.

many will say that I have a BIG EGO

that is a Truth for sure as I AM NOT confused and troubled by the doubts that the superstitious minded have.

I AM the reflection of the monster in the mirror of discovery that many fear and try and deny and hide from.

don't believe me?

poke a stick in my direction and see what happens if you dare,lol...
giggle giggle
said the mad man of Truth & discovery.

I wouldn't embrace the parts of myself I don't like. I accept it and try to do better.
Otokage
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/30/2015 6:29:11 PM
At 8/29/2015 5:38:11 PM, DanneJeRusse wrote:

The equivalent to a pre-frontal lobotomy should get you there.

http://2.bp.blogspot.com...
August_Burns_Red
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/31/2015 2:22:37 AM
At 8/30/2015 5:40:58 PM, janesix wrote:

I am truly curious. I've had my own experiences with God. I also get a lot of synchronicities, but they don't seem to have anything to do with God. A lot of them just seem random. Or maybe I'm too dumb to figure them out. The Universe seems to like playing games. When God talks to me, it's directly and there's no doubt who it is.

Hey, Jane!! I agree with you. I like to believe in Synchronicity, and think that its BOTH: sometimes just coincidence, and sometimes it IS, as carl jung said, "God winking at you!" LOL. Jung thought when oyu experienced a true Synchro moment it was a glimpse of the underlying perfect order of the Universe. Like you ripped a whole, somehow, through the fabric, or barrier, that usually walls off that perfection from Us. This seems to be more like something a Deist God would do, not really a personal Biblical God. And yeah, my God Experiences are much more "solid" and visual, and have a "feeling" to them that the Synchro moments do not.
Although I have had them (God and Synchro combine!) A couple weeks ago at Church--our pastor read from a certain passage I was sutdying the night before. I got caught up in the passage--having to do with my Salvation Experience--and prayed that we would talk of it in Church the next Morning.
So Sunday morning the Pastor Keith begins with, "I had a whole different sermon prepared for today, but last night" I was hit with a sort of "God nudge" he calls them--telling me I should probly do THIS one." And it was the same one I had read an prayed for the night before!! Wow.
After the service we were walking together the three blocks to the Shelter where we were gonna serve lunch, and I asked him what time about, that he got His God Nudge? he said it was around 10 p.m. which was the SAME TIME I was reading and praying over it.

Hard to call that one a mere coinky dink, eh?

God Bless.

__________oh....quick question for ya: do you notice that the more you believe in Syncrho and look for them that they appear? And not just coincidence, but hard to explain ones like my church example?
the_titan
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/31/2015 3:36:02 AM

God Bless and God Speed on your journey. : :

That's the way to become a Christian, not a chosen believer. Didn't you know that God chooses His prophets, saints and believers?

John 15
16: You did not choose me, but I chose you and appointed you that you should go and bear fruit and that your fruit should abide so that whatever you ask the Father in my name, he may give it to you.

Mark 13:
20: And if the Lord had not shortened the days, no human being would be saved; but for the sake of the elect, whom he chose, he shortened the days.

I Peter 1
1: Peter, an apostle of Jesus Christ, To the exiles of the Dispersion in Pontus, Galatia, Cappado'cia, Asia, and Bithyn'ia,
2: chosen and destined by God the Father and sanctified by the Spirit for obedience to Jesus Christ and for sprinkling with his blood: May grace and peace be multiplied to you.

1 Peter 2
6: For it stands in scripture: "Behold, I am laying in Zion a stone, a cornerstone chosen and precious, and he who believes in him will not be put to shame."

Ephesians 1
1: Paul, an apostle of Christ Jesus by the will of God, To the saints who are also faithful in Christ Jesus:
2: Grace to you and peace from God our Father and the Lord Jesus Christ.
3: Blessed be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, who has blessed us in Christ with every spiritual blessing in the heavenly places,
4: even as he chose us in him before the foundation of the world, that we should be holy and blameless before him.
5: He destined us in love to be his sons through Jesus Christ, according to the purpose of his will,
9: For he has made known to us in all wisdom and insight the mystery of his will, according to his purpose which he set forth in Christ

Were you chosen by the beast to get involved in religion or by our Father who makes you a prophet, saint or believer?
the_titan
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/31/2015 3:38:41 AM
At 8/31/2015 2:22:37 AM, August_Burns_Red wrote:

Hey, Jane!! I agree with you. I like to believe in Synchronicity, and think that its BOTH: sometimes just coincidence, and sometimes it IS, as carl jung said, "God winking at you!" LOL. Jung thought when oyu experienced a true Synchro moment it was a glimpse of the underlying perfect order of the Universe. Like you ripped a whole, somehow, through the fabric, or barrier, that usually walls off that perfection from Us. This seems to be more like something a Deist God would do, not really a personal Biblical God. And yeah, my God Experiences are much more "solid" and visual, and have a "feeling" to them that the Synchro moments do not.
Although I have had them (God and Synchro combine!) A couple weeks ago at Church--our pastor read from a certain passage I was sutdying the night before. I got caught up in the passage--having to do with my Salvation Experience--and prayed that we would talk of it in Church the next Morning.
So Sunday morning the Pastor Keith begins with, "I had a whole different sermon prepared for today, but last night" I was hit with a sort of "God nudge" he calls them--telling me I should probly do THIS one." And it was the same one I had read an prayed for the night before!! Wow.
After the service we were walking together the three blocks to the Shelter where we were gonna serve lunch, and I asked him what time about, that he got His God Nudge? he said it was around 10 p.m. which was the SAME TIME I was reading and praying over it.

God Bless.

__________oh....quick question for ya: do you notice that the more you believe in Syncrho and look for them that they appear? And not just coincidence, but hard to explain ones like my church example? : :

The beast can keep you in religion until you die. Those who come out of the beast get to learn about the future before they die
janesix
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/31/2015 5:06:43 PM

God Bless.

__________oh....quick question for ya: do you notice that the more you believe in Syncrho and look for them that they appear? And not just coincidence, but hard to explain ones like my church example?

Yes, synchronicities happen the more I pay attention to it.
DanneJeRusse
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/31/2015 5:15:30 PM

http://youarenotsosmart.com...

God Bless.