Total Posts:221|Showing Posts:1-30|Last Page
Jump to topic:

Here You are. Searching for God Anyway...

Sooner
Posts: 1,012
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/28/2015 10:41:07 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
Atheists bombard this forum in waves. Yet here they still are, trying to stay unconvinced. There's a reason.
Ignoring problems doesn't make them go away.
DanMGTOW
Posts: 1,144
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/28/2015 10:44:09 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 8/28/2015 10:41:07 PM, Sooner wrote:
Atheists bombard this forum in waves. Yet here they still are, trying to stay unconvinced. There's a reason.

yes there is, my reason is because i actually care about people
it's too bad that so many people continue to believe things that aren't true without a good reason, or using logic.
to make things worse is most people in power believe in fairy tales, and that is where religion really becomes dangerous.
satan_killer
Posts: 10
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/29/2015 12:31:07 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 8/28/2015 10:44:09 PM, DanMGTOW wrote:
At 8/28/2015 10:41:07 PM, Sooner wrote:
Atheists bombard this forum in waves. Yet here they still are, trying to stay unconvinced. There's a reason.

yes there is, my reason is because i actually care about people
it's too bad that so many people continue to believe things that aren't true without a good reason, or using logic.
to make things worse is most people in power believe in fairy tales, and that is where religion really becomes dangerous.

Some have it and some don"t, but those that don"t have it, have no clue what it is that some have.
dee-em
Posts: 6,490
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/29/2015 1:14:09 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 8/28/2015 10:41:07 PM, Sooner wrote:
Atheists bombard this forum in waves. Yet here they still are, trying to stay unconvinced. There's a reason.

The reason is reason.
Serato
Posts: 743
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/29/2015 1:27:55 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 8/29/2015 1:14:09 AM, dee-em wrote:
At 8/28/2015 10:41:07 PM, Sooner wrote:
Atheists bombard this forum in waves. Yet here they still are, trying to stay unconvinced. There's a reason.

The reason is reason.

As convincing an argument you've so reasonably put forth, perhaps you could further elaborate such higher reasoning that's beyond my abilities of comprehension. What deductible reasons have you for knowing God does not exist?
dee-em
Posts: 6,490
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/29/2015 2:22:06 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 8/29/2015 1:27:55 AM, Serato wrote:
At 8/29/2015 1:14:09 AM, dee-em wrote:
At 8/28/2015 10:41:07 PM, Sooner wrote:
Atheists bombard this forum in waves. Yet here they still are, trying to stay unconvinced. There's a reason.

The reason is reason.

As convincing an argument you've so reasonably put forth, perhaps you could further elaborate such higher reasoning that's beyond my abilities of comprehension. What deductible reasons have you for knowing God does not exist?

We're unconvinced because we reason. We do this day in and day out. Perhaps you haven't been paying attention which is why you are attempting the old burden of proof switcheroo one more time. Lol.
DanMGTOW
Posts: 1,144
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/29/2015 3:06:21 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 8/29/2015 1:27:55 AM, Serato wrote:
At 8/29/2015 1:14:09 AM, dee-em wrote:
At 8/28/2015 10:41:07 PM, Sooner wrote:
Atheists bombard this forum in waves. Yet here they still are, trying to stay unconvinced. There's a reason.

The reason is reason.

As convincing an argument you've so reasonably put forth, perhaps you could further elaborate such higher reasoning that's beyond my abilities of comprehension. What deductible reasons have you for knowing God does not exist?

reading the bible is the main reason that i'm an atheist, but your own statement shows that you aren't convinced that there is a GOD or else you wouldn't be looking for evidence that your GOD doesn't exist.
can you prove there aren't vampires, faeries, and big foot? or do you believe that they all exist as well?
Sooner
Posts: 1,012
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/29/2015 4:13:53 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 8/28/2015 10:44:09 PM, DanMGTOW wrote:
At 8/28/2015 10:41:07 PM, Sooner wrote:
Atheists bombard this forum in waves. Yet here they still are, trying to stay unconvinced. There's a reason.

yes there is, my reason is because i actually care about people
it's too bad that so many people continue to believe things that aren't true without a good reason, or using logic.
to make things worse is most people in power believe in fairy tales, and that is where religion really becomes dangerous.

Maybe it's your head that's in the way.
Ignoring problems doesn't make them go away.
Sooner
Posts: 1,012
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/29/2015 4:15:31 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 8/29/2015 2:22:06 AM, dee-em wrote:
At 8/29/2015 1:27:55 AM, Serato wrote:
At 8/29/2015 1:14:09 AM, dee-em wrote:
At 8/28/2015 10:41:07 PM, Sooner wrote:
Atheists bombard this forum in waves. Yet here they still are, trying to stay unconvinced. There's a reason.

The reason is reason.

As convincing an argument you've so reasonably put forth, perhaps you could further elaborate such higher reasoning that's beyond my abilities of comprehension. What deductible reasons have you for knowing God does not exist?

We're unconvinced because we reason. We do this day in and day out. Perhaps you haven't been paying attention which is why you are attempting the old burden of proof switcheroo one more time. Lol.

And if you're wrong ?
Ignoring problems doesn't make them go away.
Sooner
Posts: 1,012
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/29/2015 4:22:30 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 8/29/2015 3:06:21 AM, DanMGTOW wrote:
At 8/29/2015 1:27:55 AM, Serato wrote:
At 8/29/2015 1:14:09 AM, dee-em wrote:
At 8/28/2015 10:41:07 PM, Sooner wrote:
Atheists bombard this forum in waves. Yet here they still are, trying to stay unconvinced. There's a reason.

The reason is reason.

As convincing an argument you've so reasonably put forth, perhaps you could further elaborate such higher reasoning that's beyond my abilities of comprehension. What deductible reasons have you for knowing God does not exist?

reading the bible is the main reason that i'm an atheist, but your own statement shows that you aren't convinced that there is a GOD or else you wouldn't be looking for evidence that your GOD doesn't exist.
can you prove there aren't vampires, faeries, and big foot? or do you believe that they all exist as well?

God and fairies are two different things. Fairies haven't continually powered my life. History mentions no fairies. It does mention Jesus, Tiberius Caesar, Pontius Pilot, and Roman cruifixion. .
Fairies aren't the basis of the world'd largest belief system.
Ignoring problems doesn't make them go away.
Sooner
Posts: 1,012
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/29/2015 4:32:04 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 8/29/2015 3:06:21 AM, DanMGTOW wrote:
At 8/29/2015 1:27:55 AM, Serato wrote:
At 8/29/2015 1:14:09 AM, dee-em wrote:
At 8/28/2015 10:41:07 PM, Sooner wrote:
Atheists bombard this forum in waves. Yet here they still are, trying to stay unconvinced. There's a reason.

The reason is reason.

As convincing an argument you've so reasonably put forth, perhaps you could further elaborate such higher reasoning that's beyond my abilities of comprehension. What deductible reasons have you for knowing God does not exist?

reading the bible is the main reason that i'm an atheist, but your own statement shows that you aren't convinced that there is a GOD or else you wouldn't be looking for evidence that your GOD doesn't exist.
can you prove there aren't vampires, faeries, and big foot? or do you believe that they all exist as well?

And how do you view the Bible after reading it?
Ignoring problems doesn't make them go away.
DanMGTOW
Posts: 1,144
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/29/2015 4:50:55 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 8/29/2015 4:32:04 AM, Sooner wrote:
At 8/29/2015 3:06:21 AM, DanMGTOW wrote:
At 8/29/2015 1:27:55 AM, Serato wrote:
At 8/29/2015 1:14:09 AM, dee-em wrote:
At 8/28/2015 10:41:07 PM, Sooner wrote:
Atheists bombard this forum in waves. Yet here they still are, trying to stay unconvinced. There's a reason.

The reason is reason.

As convincing an argument you've so reasonably put forth, perhaps you could further elaborate such higher reasoning that's beyond my abilities of comprehension. What deductible reasons have you for knowing God does not exist?

reading the bible is the main reason that i'm an atheist, but your own statement shows that you aren't convinced that there is a GOD or else you wouldn't be looking for evidence that your GOD doesn't exist.
can you prove there aren't vampires, faeries, and big foot? or do you believe that they all exist as well?

And how do you view the Bible after reading it?
as a work of fiction, there are too many flaws and errors in it for me to believe it's "the word of GOD". if a book is proof of GOD, then a book should be proof of spiderman as well.

God and fairies are two different things. Fairies haven't continually powered my life. History mentions no fairies. It does mention Jesus, Tiberius Caesar, Pontius Pilot, and Roman cruifixion. .
Fairies aren't the basis of the world'd largest belief system.

that is a logical fallacy, known as argument of popularity.
just because a lot of people believe something, doesn't mean that it's true.
the same way most people used to believe that the earth was flat, oh wait even the bible refers to a flat earth. HA HA HA
RuvDraba
Posts: 6,033
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/29/2015 5:35:46 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 8/28/2015 10:41:07 PM, Sooner wrote:
Atheists bombard this forum in waves. Yet here they still are, trying to stay unconvinced. There's a reason.

I have no difficulty staying not only unconvinced, Sooner, but convinced that theology is bad for humanity I'm here for multiple other reasons.
dee-em
Posts: 6,490
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/29/2015 6:49:17 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 8/29/2015 4:15:31 AM, Sooner wrote:
At 8/29/2015 2:22:06 AM, dee-em wrote:
At 8/29/2015 1:27:55 AM, Serato wrote:
At 8/29/2015 1:14:09 AM, dee-em wrote:
At 8/28/2015 10:41:07 PM, Sooner wrote:
Atheists bombard this forum in waves. Yet here they still are, trying to stay unconvinced. There's a reason.

The reason is reason.

As convincing an argument you've so reasonably put forth, perhaps you could further elaborate such higher reasoning that's beyond my abilities of comprehension. What deductible reasons have you for knowing God does not exist?

We're unconvinced because we reason. We do this day in and day out. Perhaps you haven't been paying attention which is why you are attempting the old burden of proof switcheroo one more time. Lol.

And if you're wrong ?

If I'm wrong, it doesn't matter, I've at least been true to myself. If I used logic, common sense and made some valid arguments, then someone proved me wrong via (actual) magic, I wouldn't really care since it had nothing to do with my ability to reason. A world which wasn't amenable to reason wouldn't interest me in the slightest.
birdlandmemories
Posts: 4,141
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/29/2015 8:17:05 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 8/28/2015 10:41:07 PM, Sooner wrote:
Atheists bombard this forum in waves. Yet here they still are, trying to stay unconvinced. There's a reason.

I'm unconvinced because no logical and scientific evidence has come out to support a supernatural being.
Ashton
Sooner
Posts: 1,012
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/29/2015 12:41:54 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 8/29/2015 8:17:05 AM, birdlandmemories wrote:
At 8/28/2015 10:41:07 PM, Sooner wrote:
Atheists bombard this forum in waves. Yet here they still are, trying to stay unconvinced. There's a reason.

I'm unconvinced because no logical and scientific evidence has come out to support a supernatural being.

Are you sure?
Ignoring problems doesn't make them go away.
Sooner
Posts: 1,012
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/29/2015 12:42:52 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 8/29/2015 6:49:17 AM, dee-em wrote:
At 8/29/2015 4:15:31 AM, Sooner wrote:
At 8/29/2015 2:22:06 AM, dee-em wrote:
At 8/29/2015 1:27:55 AM, Serato wrote:
At 8/29/2015 1:14:09 AM, dee-em wrote:
At 8/28/2015 10:41:07 PM, Sooner wrote:
Atheists bombard this forum in waves. Yet here they still are, trying to stay unconvinced. There's a reason.

The reason is reason.

As convincing an argument you've so reasonably put forth, perhaps you could further elaborate such higher reasoning that's beyond my abilities of comprehension. What deductible reasons have you for knowing God does not exist?

We're unconvinced because we reason. We do this day in and day out. Perhaps you haven't been paying attention which is why you are attempting the old burden of proof switcheroo one more time. Lol.

And if you're wrong ?

If I'm wrong, it doesn't matter, I've at least been true to myself. If I used logic, common sense and made some valid arguments, then someone proved me wrong via (actual) magic, I wouldn't really care since it had nothing to do with my ability to reason. A world which wasn't amenable to reason wouldn't interest me in the slightest.

What if it does matter?
Ignoring problems doesn't make them go away.
PureX
Posts: 1,533
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/29/2015 12:47:02 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 8/28/2015 10:41:07 PM, Sooner wrote:
Atheists bombard this forum in waves. Yet here they still are, trying to stay unconvinced. There's a reason.

It's partly curiosity, partly ego, partly self-righteousness, and partly incredulousness. We humans are a jumble of motives regarding most things most of the time.

As a free thinker, who's not afraid of logic and reason, I am endlessly stunned by the number of folks who just blindly and stupidly accept the most outrageous nonsense as "gospel". And then actually presume themselves to be wise and godly for it. I can't for the life of me understand why a human being would willingly forfeit their intellect and their autonomy like that, just for a little self-righteous ego rub. All I can think is how frightened they must be of their own humanity to throw it away so easily, and for so little.

Willful insanity is fascinating. Like slowing down to witness the carnage of a terrible collision of the freeway. One just can't help but stare.
Sooner
Posts: 1,012
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/29/2015 12:52:56 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
"Fish on mountains...?
The other day I heard an argument for creationism that I've really never heard before. Someone told me that there is strong evidence of a world wide flood because there have been fish fossils and sea shells found at the tops of mountains.

After much searching, I haven't been able to find any mention of this except on creationist web sites. I will admit that I don't know the first thing about geology, so it's probably something very simple that I'm missing. Does anyone know why there are fish fossils on mountains, or did the creationists just make this up?"

Copy and paste from another debate forum
Ignoring problems doesn't make them go away.
PureX
Posts: 1,533
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/29/2015 1:13:53 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 8/29/2015 12:52:56 PM, Sooner wrote:
"Fish on mountains...?
The other day I heard an argument for creationism that I've really never heard before. Someone told me that there is strong evidence of a world wide flood because there have been fish fossils and sea shells found at the tops of mountains.

After much searching, I haven't been able to find any mention of this except on creationist web sites. I will admit that I don't know the first thing about geology, so it's probably something very simple that I'm missing. Does anyone know why there are fish fossils on mountains, or did the creationists just make this up?"

Copy and paste from another debate forum

Yes. There are fossilized sea creatures on mountains. But that's because the mountains were pushed up through an ancient sea bed after the sediments and the fossils were laid down on a sea floor. Plate tectonics cause huge plates of earth on the planet's surface to collide, forcing their edges up, creating chains of mountains. Often, those mountains are being created in places that were once covered by ancient seas.

Thus, the fossils of those ancient sea creatures end up on and in the mountains.
dee-em
Posts: 6,490
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/30/2015 12:45:30 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 8/29/2015 12:42:52 PM, Sooner wrote:
At 8/29/2015 6:49:17 AM, dee-em wrote:
At 8/29/2015 4:15:31 AM, Sooner wrote:
At 8/29/2015 2:22:06 AM, dee-em wrote:
At 8/29/2015 1:27:55 AM, Serato wrote:
At 8/29/2015 1:14:09 AM, dee-em wrote:
At 8/28/2015 10:41:07 PM, Sooner wrote:
Atheists bombard this forum in waves. Yet here they still are, trying to stay unconvinced. There's a reason.

The reason is reason.

As convincing an argument you've so reasonably put forth, perhaps you could further elaborate such higher reasoning that's beyond my abilities of comprehension. What deductible reasons have you for knowing God does not exist?

We're unconvinced because we reason. We do this day in and day out. Perhaps you haven't been paying attention which is why you are attempting the old burden of proof switcheroo one more time. Lol.

And if you're wrong ?

If I'm wrong, it doesn't matter, I've at least been true to myself. If I used logic, common sense and made some valid arguments, then someone proved me wrong via (actual) magic, I wouldn't really care since it had nothing to do with my ability to reason. A world which wasn't amenable to reason wouldn't interest me in the slightest.

What if it does matter?

What if the Moon is made out of cheese?

I've already said it doesn't matter to me.
August_Burns_Red
Posts: 1,253
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/30/2015 2:51:33 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 8/28/2015 10:44:09 PM, DanMGTOW wrote:
At 8/28/2015 10:41:07 PM, Sooner wrote:
Atheists bombard this forum in waves. Yet here they still are, trying to stay unconvinced. There's a reason.

yes there is, my reason is because i actually care about people
it's too bad that so many people continue to believe things that aren't true without a good reason, or using logic.
to make things worse is most people in power believe in fairy tales, and that is where religion really becomes dangerous.

Uh...I'm gonna have to call ya out on that one, my brother. I have personally heard--read--you say hear that you WANT to have God in your life. That you seek him but get frustrated that you cannot find him. That you want to believe, desperately, but that in order to do this you need a sign. Now here you come across as a longtime and steadfast atheist who says he comes here to enlighten us poor deluded Believers.
I simply know from your past posts this isnt true. Is it?

You really need to decide what you want from Life. From God. If your satisfied with your current life and your Theology and don't care about God or believing in Him, fine. But trust me when I say that you can save yourself a LOT of time if you think anything you say here is going to instill even a shred of doubt in us Believers. So if you want to learn some ways I can offer you that might bring God into your life, fine. I'd be honored and happy to do my best. And If I am not mistaken you have even asked me before for help in this matter, and I provided some ideas.
Or am I totally imagining all this? And what you have asked for in the past?If so, I'm sorry, but I truly dont think I am mis-remembering, my friend.

As far as atheists and why they come here? Simple enough! To attack, mock, and ridicule. To try and get a laugh or feel good about themselves at our expense. Ya see it every day. Every hour. I get it. I expect it. And it's fine with me. If I can add some enjoyment to their obviously empty and Godless lives, even its by having them mock me and call me a liar, which they do, it's OK. I'm here to help,but I admit that's not the way I wish was helping some of these guys. Not that I know it all or have the only inside track to God and His Will and His ways. Nobody knows that. But I have been lucky enough to Experience Him First Hand. And I HAVE decided to devote my Life to spreading His word and helping others who want it. I'm not trying to convert, just add some humble ideas and testimonies to the curious and the honest seekers.

If that's you, then be honest and let's go! We can do PM's if you'd rather.

About those atheist who mock and attack. Often they have accused me of being arrogant and judging when I say that a life without God or Jesus' teachings is a rather empty and Graceless one. That, something is missing. They always say they are not like this and have fulfilling and purpose driven and happy lives.

But then I ask, why do they come here only to attack? It's not normal for somebody to spend so much of their day in attacking people who believe in something they dont. At least not unbidden. Sure, if some Believer is in their face trying to proselityze I can see it. But guys who come here to Religion and post on a thread meant for believers, say asking about a piece of Scripture, why attack THAT? Boredom? Emptiness? Just plain meanness? Jealousy. Envy, which will deny to their Death. (which will be the END of their lives, unfortunately)?

Yep. I personally think the answer is Yes to ALL those things. What makes me smile, a rueful and sad smile, since I wish I cold help them, is that when they come here to attack for no good reason and no value to the Threads, well when they do this it just sort of proves my idea about their lives being empty as a True one. Right? If they WERE as happy and as productive and confident as they claim they wouldn't be here doing this. (Only the weak and scared attack, confidence does not need to.)

Just my thoughts on this. I wish I wasn't correct about all of that and that all my DDO brothers could know God and experience His Grace.

Perhaps, God Willing, one day they will.

God Bless.
Tomorrow's forecast: God reigns and the Son shines!
satan_killer
Posts: 10
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/30/2015 3:39:31 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 8/30/2015 2:51:33 AM, August_Burns_Red wrote:
At 8/28/2015 10:44:09 PM, DanMGTOW wrote:
At 8/28/2015 10:41:07 PM, Sooner wrote:
Atheists bombard this forum in waves. Yet here they still are, trying to stay unconvinced. There's a reason.

yes there is, my reason is because i actually care about people
it's too bad that so many people continue to believe things that aren't true without a good reason, or using logic.
to make things worse is most people in power believe in fairy tales, and that is where religion really becomes dangerous.

Uh...I'm gonna have to call ya out on that one, my brother. I have personally heard--read--you say hear that you WANT to have God in your life. That you seek him but get frustrated that you cannot find him. That you want to believe, desperately, but that in order to do this you need a sign. Now here you come across as a longtime and steadfast atheist who says he comes here to enlighten us poor deluded Believers.
I simply know from your past posts this isnt true. Is it?

You really need to decide what you want from Life. From God. If your satisfied with your current life and your Theology and don't care about God or believing in Him, fine. But trust me when I say that you can save yourself a LOT of time if you think anything you say here is going to instill even a shred of doubt in us Believers. So if you want to learn some ways I can offer you that might bring God into your life, fine. I'd be honored and happy to do my best. And If I am not mistaken you have even asked me before for help in this matter, and I provided some ideas.
Or am I totally imagining all this? And what you have asked for in the past?If so, I'm sorry, but I truly dont think I am mis-remembering, my friend.

As far as atheists and why they come here? Simple enough! To attack, mock, and ridicule. To try and get a laugh or feel good about themselves at our expense. Ya see it every day. Every hour. I get it. I expect it. And it's fine with me. If I can add some enjoyment to their obviously empty and Godless lives, even its by having them mock me and call me a liar, which they do, it's OK. I'm here to help,but I admit that's not the way I wish was helping some of these guys. Not that I know it all or have the only inside track to God and His Will and His ways. Nobody knows that. But I have been lucky enough to Experience Him First Hand. And I HAVE decided to devote my Life to spreading His word and helping others who want it. I'm not trying to convert, just add some humble ideas and testimonies to the curious and the honest seekers.

If that's you, then be honest and let's go! We can do PM's if you'd rather.

About those atheist who mock and attack. Often they have accused me of being arrogant and judging when I say that a life without God or Jesus' teachings is a rather empty and Graceless one. That, something is missing. They always say they are not like this and have fulfilling and purpose driven and happy lives.

But then I ask, why do they come here only to attack? It's not normal for somebody to spend so much of their day in attacking people who believe in something they dont. At least not unbidden. Sure, if some Believer is in their face trying to proselityze I can see it. But guys who come here to Religion and post on a thread meant for believers, say asking about a piece of Scripture, why attack THAT? Boredom? Emptiness? Just plain meanness? Jealousy. Envy, which will deny to their Death. (which will be the END of their lives, unfortunately)?

Yep. I personally think the answer is Yes to ALL those things. What makes me smile, a rueful and sad smile, since I wish I cold help them, is that when they come here to attack for no good reason and no value to the Threads, well when they do this it just sort of proves my idea about their lives being empty as a True one. Right? If they WERE as happy and as productive and confident as they claim they wouldn't be here doing this. (Only the weak and scared attack, confidence does not need to.)

Just my thoughts on this. I wish I wasn't correct about all of that and that all my DDO brothers could know God and experience His Grace.

Perhaps, God Willing, one day they will.

God Bless. : :

God's grace is for His created people, not for the inhabitants of this earth who will perish.
Sooner
Posts: 1,012
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/30/2015 4:04:48 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 8/29/2015 1:13:53 PM, PureX wrote:
At 8/29/2015 12:52:56 PM, Sooner wrote:
"Fish on mountains...?
The other day I heard an argument for creationism that I've really never heard before. Someone told me that there is strong evidence of a world wide flood because there have been fish fossils and sea shells found at the tops of mountains.

After much searching, I haven't been able to find any mention of this except on creationist web sites. I will admit that I don't know the first thing about geology, so it's probably something very simple that I'm missing. Does anyone know why there are fish fossils on mountains, or did the creationists just make this up?"

Copy and paste from another debate forum

Yes. There are fossilized sea creatures on mountains. But that's because the mountains were pushed up through an ancient sea bed after the sediments and the fossils were laid down on a sea floor. Plate tectonics cause huge plates of earth on the planet's surface to collide, forcing their edges up, creating chains of mountains. Often, those mountains are being created in places that were once covered by ancient seas.

Thus, the fossils of those ancient sea creatures end up on and in the mountains.

Uh huh... after the plate shifts, no animals non fishlike ever wandered up there to be found why?
Ignoring problems doesn't make them go away.
DanMGTOW
Posts: 1,144
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/30/2015 4:05:13 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 8/30/2015 2:51:33 AM, August_Burns_Red wrote:
At 8/28/2015 10:44:09 PM, DanMGTOW wrote:
At 8/28/2015 10:41:07 PM, Sooner wrote:
Atheists bombard this forum in waves. Yet here they still are, trying to stay unconvinced. There's a reason.

yes there is, my reason is because i actually care about people
it's too bad that so many people continue to believe things that aren't true without a good reason, or using logic.
to make things worse is most people in power believe in fairy tales, and that is where religion really becomes dangerous.

Uh...I'm gonna have to call ya out on that one, my brother. I have personally heard--read--you say hear that you WANT to have God in your life. That you seek him but get frustrated that you cannot find him. That you want to believe, desperately, but that in order to do this you need a sign. Now here you come across as a longtime and steadfast atheist who says he comes here to enlighten us poor deluded Believers.
I simply know from your past posts this isnt true. Is it?

You really need to decide what you want from Life. From God. If your satisfied with your current life and your Theology and don't care about God or believing in Him, fine. But trust me when I say that you can save yourself a LOT of time if you think anything you say here is going to instill even a shred of doubt in us Believers. So if you want to learn some ways I can offer you that might bring God into your life, fine. I'd be honored and happy to do my best. And If I am not mistaken you have even asked me before for help in this matter, and I provided some ideas.
Or am I totally imagining all this? And what you have asked for in the past?If so, I'm sorry, but I truly dont think I am mis-remembering, my friend.

As far as atheists and why they come here? Simple enough! To attack, mock, and ridicule. To try and get a laugh or feel good about themselves at our expense. Ya see it every day. Every hour. I get it. I expect it. And it's fine with me. If I can add some enjoyment to their obviously empty and Godless lives, even its by having them mock me and call me a liar, which they do, it's OK. I'm here to help,but I admit that's not the way I wish was helping some of these guys. Not that I know it all or have the only inside track to God and His Will and His ways. Nobody knows that. But I have been lucky enough to Experience Him First Hand. And I HAVE decided to devote my Life to spreading His word and helping others who want it. I'm not trying to convert, just add some humble ideas and testimonies to the curious and the honest seekers.

If that's you, then be honest and let's go! We can do PM's if you'd rather.

About those atheist who mock and attack. Often they have accused me of being arrogant and judging when I say that a life without God or Jesus' teachings is a rather empty and Graceless one. That, something is missing. They always say they are not like this and have fulfilling and purpose driven and happy lives.

But then I ask, why do they come here only to attack? It's not normal for somebody to spend so much of their day in attacking people who believe in something they dont. At least not unbidden. Sure, if some Believer is in their face trying to proselityze I can see it. But guys who come here to Religion and post on a thread meant for believers, say asking about a piece of Scripture, why attack THAT? Boredom? Emptiness? Just plain meanness? Jealousy. Envy, which will deny to their Death. (which will be the END of their lives, unfortunately)?

Yep. I personally think the answer is Yes to ALL those things. What makes me smile, a rueful and sad smile, since I wish I cold help them, is that when they come here to attack for no good reason and no value to the Threads, well when they do this it just sort of proves my idea about their lives being empty as a True one. Right? If they WERE as happy and as productive and confident as they claim they wouldn't be here doing this. (Only the weak and scared attack, confidence does not need to.)

Just my thoughts on this. I wish I wasn't correct about all of that and that all my DDO brothers could know God and experience His Grace.

Perhaps, God Willing, one day they will.

God Bless.

if there is are gods, and having gods are the best thing in your life.
then i want it in my life as well.
it's too bad that all you have are stories and anecdotes
maybe someday you will have facts, and evidence to back up your beliefs.
it's too bad that your gods are limited to proving itself to a few people at a time.
maybe someday your gods will get around to me, or maybe your gods wants me to be an atheist. if you think your gods really answers prayer, then pray
" that i receive proof that your gods are real. i want a life changing event, no matter what it takes. "
i doubt anything you say will convince me otherwise, part of growing up is when you stop believing in fairy tales.
satan_killer
Posts: 10
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/30/2015 4:13:18 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 8/30/2015 4:06:31 AM, Sooner wrote:
These mountains are ancient... : :

There was a flood that changed the earth's crust. Don't let anyone tell you any differently.
TBR
Posts: 9,991
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/30/2015 4:59:31 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 8/28/2015 10:41:07 PM, Sooner wrote:
Atheists bombard this forum in waves. Yet here they still are, trying to stay unconvinced. There's a reason.

Religion permeates through society. It is a determent, a constant invasive determent. The problems, no one can get away from it.

If you all would leave it out of society and politics, we would have virtually no care.
dee-em
Posts: 6,490
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/30/2015 5:38:35 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 8/30/2015 4:04:48 AM, Sooner wrote:
At 8/29/2015 1:13:53 PM, PureX wrote:
At 8/29/2015 12:52:56 PM, Sooner wrote:
"Fish on mountains...?
The other day I heard an argument for creationism that I've really never heard before. Someone told me that there is strong evidence of a world wide flood because there have been fish fossils and sea shells found at the tops of mountains.

After much searching, I haven't been able to find any mention of this except on creationist web sites. I will admit that I don't know the first thing about geology, so it's probably something very simple that I'm missing. Does anyone know why there are fish fossils on mountains, or did the creationists just make this up?"

Copy and paste from another debate forum

Yes. There are fossilized sea creatures on mountains. But that's because the mountains were pushed up through an ancient sea bed after the sediments and the fossils were laid down on a sea floor. Plate tectonics cause huge plates of earth on the planet's surface to collide, forcing their edges up, creating chains of mountains. Often, those mountains are being created in places that were once covered by ancient seas.

Thus, the fossils of those ancient sea creatures end up on and in the mountains.

Uh huh... after the plate shifts, no animals non fishlike ever wandered up there to be found why?

Do you understand how permineralization (the process which produced the fish and shell fossils you asked about) works? Obviously not, otherwise you wouldn't be talking about animals wandering up a mountain to die. Lol.
Juan_Pablo
Posts: 2,052
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/30/2015 5:40:36 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
Well, I take a different position in these kinds of discussions.

I do believe in a God, but I don't think it's possible to like the actual God entirely. I don't believe in a fall of man because I don't think humanity is responsible for the the tragedies, the pain, the unhappiness that exist in the world. I think God created the world just like it is and I don't think he has the power to make something better than what we see in front of us.

God is incapable of creating heaven, but he is capable of creating a world (admittedly low quality) just like ours.

I don't believe in the fall of Adam and Eve, nor do I believe that Jesus is the perfect son of Jesus Christ, and that he resurrected after the crucifixion.

I know that I'm going to change very few minds on these issues, but what I believe is drastically different from what many other theists believe.

The world is the way it is and God created it this way. I know it's not a very attractive idea to grasp onto, but this is what I believe as a theist.

Not all of us believe in the same thing.