Jump to topic:

Gay Atheists Who choose Atheism...

Sooner
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/2/2015 3:40:19 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
Any Atheists here that feel abandoned by Christianity and have devoted their lives to chest bumping religion in vindication of their sexuality. I have homosexual acquaintences at work. Seemingly fine guys as best I can tell. This is not an attack thread but an informative thread. I just wonder about this particular topic. Thanks.
Ignoring problems doesn't make them go away.
Mobutu
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/2/2015 8:29:53 AM
At 9/2/2015 3:40:19 AM, Sooner wrote:
Any Atheists here that feel abandoned by Christianity and have devoted their lives to chest bumping religion in vindication of their sexuality. I have homosexual acquaintences at work. Seemingly fine guys as best I can tell. This is not an attack thread but an informative thread. I just wonder about this particular topic. Thanks.

Mainline wishy washy liberal theology is fine with the gays (who are practicing).Almost all other christians are largely okay with celibate gays.
jodybirdy
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/2/2015 8:38:24 AM

I think that you most definately have no scruples. I'm straight, I'm an atheist. Most of people who I personally know who are gay, are Christian. Sexual preference has nothing to do with religious preference.
A rock pile ceases to be a rock pile the moment a single man contemplates it, bearing within him the image of a cathedral."
DavidHenson
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/2/2015 8:45:08 AM
At 9/2/2015 8:29:53 AM, Mobutu wrote:
Mainline wishy washy liberal theology is fine with the gays (who are practicing).Almost all other christians are largely okay with celibate gays.

At 9/2/2015 8:38:24 AM, jodybirdy wrote:
I'm straight, I'm an atheist. Most of people who I personally know who are gay, are Christian. Sexual preference has nothing to do with religious preference.

I agree with the above. I'm a former atheist practicing homosexual who became a non-practicing homosexual Bible believer.
"Seek freedom and become captive of your desires. Seek discipline and find your liberty." - Frank Herbert, Chapterhouse: Dune
DavidHenson
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/2/2015 8:46:23 AM

I'm straight, I'm an atheist. Most of people who I personally know who are gay, are Christian. Sexual preference has nothing to do with religious preference.

I agree with the above. I'm a former atheist practicing homosexual who became a non-practicing homosexual Bible believer.
"Seek freedom and become captive of your desires. Seek discipline and find your liberty." - Frank Herbert, Chapterhouse: Dune
Otokage
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/2/2015 1:22:36 PM
At 9/2/2015 8:46:23 AM, DavidHenson wrote:

Boring.
DanneJeRusse
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/2/2015 2:28:36 PM

How does a religion abandon a person, isn't it the other way round?
Marrying a 6 year old and waiting until she reaches puberty and maturity before having consensual sex is better than walking up to
a stranger in a bar and proceeding to have relations with no valid proof of the intent of the person. Muhammad wins. ~ Fatihah
If they don't want to be killed then they have to subdue to the Islamic laws. - Uncung
Without God, you are lower than sh!t. ~ SpiritandTruth