Total Posts:12|Showing Posts:1-12
Jump to topic:

are Atheists afraid of Islam and Muslims?

Sooner
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/2/2015 3:59:43 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
I find it interesting that Atheists bombard any Christian topic but disappear in mass when an Islamic topic is introduced. Are Atheists afraid of Islam?
Ignoring problems doesn't make them go away.
jodybirdy
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/2/2015 7:58:20 AM
At 9/2/2015 3:59:43 AM, Sooner wrote:
I find it interesting that Atheists bombard any Christian topic but disappear in mass when an Islamic topic is introduced. Are Atheists afraid of Islam?

No. I'm not afraid of Muslims.

I am however, afraid of extremists of the religious variety. Muslim... Christian. Whatever.

Oh, and skunks. They scare the hell out of me too.
A rock pile ceases to be a rock pile the moment a single man contemplates it, bearing within him the image of a cathedral."
Sooner
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/2/2015 8:07:34 AM
At 9/2/2015 7:28:12 AM, Burzmali wrote:
You would have to be willfully ignorant to post that with any level of sincerity.

Not really. Look at the topic named "A message to sunnis and shias"
Then tell me who is missing that are instantaniously on any Christian thread like vultures from post #1. Go ahead...
Ignoring problems doesn't make them go away.
jodybirdy
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/2/2015 8:43:02 AM
At 9/2/2015 8:07:34 AM, Sooner wrote:
You would have to be willfully ignorant to post that with any level of sincerity.

Then tell me who is missing that are instantaniously on any Christian thread like vultures from post #1. Go ahead...

Do you even know what Sunnis and Shias are? Most of your posts obsess about atheism. That's why athiests respond. The post you are referring to here is nothing like your posts. Hitler... the atheist. Really?
A rock pile ceases to be a rock pile the moment a single man contemplates it, bearing within him the image of a cathedral."
Yassine
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/2/2015 11:45:43 AM

- They are generally not acquainted with Islam as they are with Christianity.
Current Debates:

Islam is not a religion of peace vs. @ Lutonator:
* http://www.debate.org...
Otokage
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/2/2015 1:11:02 PM

Most atheists in here live in traditionaly christian nations, that's why they feel more capable of debating about Christianity than about Islam. Unlike some religious people, atheists generaly like to speak about what they know, instead of jumping to a topic they know nothing like other groups of people in here do, ie, evolution-deniers.

But about you question, you will find me in most Islam threads that have something to do with atheism too. I don't simply jump in religious threads that are not interested on atheists' opinions, like those threads in which the OP states "atheists please f* off", or those in which the OP is asking the opinion of muslims, christians, or other non-atheist persons.
dhardage
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/2/2015 2:26:07 PM
At 9/2/2015 1:11:02 PM, Otokage wrote:

Most atheists in here live in traditionaly christian nations, that's why they feel more capable of debating about Christianity than about Islam. Unlike some religious people, atheists generaly like to speak about what they know, instead of jumping to a topic they know nothing like other groups of people in here do, ie, evolution-deniers.

But about you question, you will find me in most Islam threads that have something to do with atheism too. I don't simply jump in religious threads that are not interested on atheists' opinions, like those threads in which the OP states "atheists please f* off", or those in which the OP is asking the opinion of muslims, christians, or other non-atheist persons.

What he said.
Burzmali
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/2/2015 4:09:00 PM
At 9/2/2015 8:07:34 AM, Sooner wrote:

WTF are you talking about? DanneJeRusse has the 10th post in that thread, and has multiple other posts. I don't think you could find a single thread about Islam on this forum that doesn't have at least one atheist posting multiple times in it. If such a thread exists, it's probably one that was largely ignored by everyone else, too. And I doubt that you could find an atheist on this forum who posts regularly and has never posted in a thread about Islam.
Skepticalone
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/2/2015 4:14:49 PM
At 9/2/2015 11:45:43 AM, Yassine wrote:

This.
This thread is like eavesdropping on a conversation in a mental asylum. - Bulproof

You can call your invisible friends whatever you like. - Desmac

What the hell kind of coked up sideshow has this thread turned into. - Casten
TBR
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/2/2015 4:28:35 PM

This seems to be a recent trend. That is, thinking that atheists or liberals only "pick on" Christians. I don't see it that way at all. When any religion starts to interfere with government or me personally I talk about it.
Dazz
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/2/2015 4:37:09 PM
At 9/2/2015 4:14:49 PM, Skepticalone wrote:
At 9/2/2015 11:45:43 AM, Yassine wrote:

This.

This.
Remove the "I want", remainder is the "peace". ~Al-Ghazali~
"This time will also pass", a dose to cure both; the excitement & the grievance. ~Ayaz~