Do you feel like everything has been resolved

Benshapiro
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/3/2015 2:45:03 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
Here are my questions:

What existed in the earliest beginnings?

Does humanity have any sort of unifying purpose?

Are notions of "good" and "evil" subjective human constructs?

Do people have any immaterial component to them?

Is there such thing as objective beauty?

Does free will exist?

Is there another form of life after death?

Does "destiny" require God's existence?

Do imperfections actually exist?

Would something continue to exist even if there wasn't anything that could perceive it?
August_Burns_Red
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/3/2015 2:54:02 AM
At 9/3/2015 2:45:03 AM, Benshapiro wrote:
Here are my questions:

Does free will exist?

Would something continue to exist even if there wasn't anything that could perceive it?

Congrats! You just listed about six of the most over-used and over-threaded/posted topics in the history of DDO, and ALL internet forums! LOL. And wow, you condensed them in ONE post!! Impressive. Why would you do this? You've asked ALL those questions before, here. How can you expects us to be able to answer all those Q's in one THREAD? Or is this, like a joke. Or a parody of those questions since they're so cliche?
Tomorrow's forecast: God reigns and the Son shines!
Benshapiro
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/3/2015 2:57:52 AM
At 9/3/2015 2:54:02 AM, August_Burns_Red wrote:
Here are my questions:

Does free will exist?

Congrats! You just listed about six of the most over-used and over-threaded/posted topics in the history of DDO, and ALL internet forums! LOL. And wow, you condensed them in ONE post!! Impressive. Why would you do this? You've asked ALL those questions before, here. How can you expects us to be able to answer all those Q's in one THREAD? Or is this, like a joke. Or a parody of those questions since they're so cliche?

Since you have extensive experience with these questions, why not bother to add some valuable input?
August_Burns_Red
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/3/2015 3:00:23 AM
At 9/3/2015 2:57:52 AM, Benshapiro wrote:
Here are my questions:

Does free will exist?

Since you have extensive experience with these questions, why not bother to add some valuable input?

sorry bro I just can't muster the motivation. not again. if I had a dollar for every time I did in the past I'd be rich. so, sorry, I'll leave your thread alone now.

GodBless.
Tomorrow's forecast: God reigns and the Son shines!
Benshapiro
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/3/2015 3:03:43 AM
At 9/3/2015 3:00:23 AM, August_Burns_Red wrote:
At 9/3/2015 2:57:52 AM, Benshapiro wrote:
Here are my questions:

Does free will exist?

sorry bro I just can't muster the motivation. not again. if I had a dollar for every time I did in the past I'd be rich. so, sorry, I'll leave your thread alone now.

GodBless.

Whatever floats your boat ma goat
ColeTrain
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/3/2015 3:08:59 AM
Here are my questions:

God

Glorifying God.

Good and evil is based on the laws set forth by God.

I won't answer this one.

Things that God deems *good* can be defined as beautiful.

Does free will exist?

I'll stay away, it's quite philosophical.

Heaven or Hell

Of course

Yes, we aren't perfect, but God can perfect us.

Eh. I'll stay away.

Quite simple answers, but this is the way I see it. :)
"The right to 360 noscope noobs shall not be infringed!!!" -- tajshar2k
"So, to start off, I've never committed suicide." -- Vaarka
"I eat glue." -- brontoraptor
"I mean, at this rate, I'd argue for a ham sandwich presidency." -- ResponsiblyIrresponsible
"Overthrow Assad, heil jihad." -- 16kadams when trolling in hangout
"Hillary Clinton is not my favorite person ... and her campaign is as inspiring as a bowl of cottage cheese." -- YYW
jodybirdy
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/3/2015 3:15:49 AM
Here are my questions:

We can theorize based on what we currently know about the early universe, physics, and chemestry, but they are still all just theories.

No.

Yes.

Nothing that can be detected or measured.

No.

Does free will exist?

In the context that we make choices in our daily lives, yes.

None that can be detected or measured.

There is no such thing as destiny.

Relatively speaking, yes and no.

Yes, I think so.
A rock pile ceases to be a rock pile the moment a single man contemplates it, bearing within him the image of a cathedral."
Tough
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/3/2015 3:25:54 AM
Here are my questions:

Nothing exists even today.

No.

No, they don't exist and were never constructed, they are illusions some people perceive to be real.

Yes, they have no material component to them at all.

There is no such thing as objective reality.

Does free will exist?

Nothing exists.

Than what?

No. God requires destiny's existence though.

Nothing exists.

No.
Who is more terrifying; the one who is correct and successfully proves the liar wrong or the liar who successfully proves the correct one wrong?
Skepticalone
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/3/2015 3:45:24 AM
At 9/3/2015 3:15:49 AM, jodybirdy wrote:
Here are my questions:

We can theorize based on what we currently know about the early universe, physics, and chemestry, but they are still all just theories.

No.

Yes.

Nothing that can be detected or measured.

No.

Does free will exist?

In the context that we make choices in our daily lives, yes.

None that can be detected or measured.

There is no such thing as destiny.

Relatively speaking, yes and no.

Yes, I think so.

This.
This thread is like eavesdropping on a conversation in a mental asylum. - Bulproof

You can call your invisible friends whatever you like. - Desmac

What the hell kind of coked up sideshow has this thread turned into. - Casten
Electric-Eccentric
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/3/2015 4:42:42 AM
You people are so funny in a sad sort of way as you ask questions that you are NOT interested in the 100% HONEST and TRUE answers.

Much like those that gamble at games of chance wanting to try and figure out ways to BEAT the KNOWN odds that MOST ignore and reject as getting in the way of their DREAMS and goals.

Take AWAY the SUPERSTITIOUS ?reasoning? and it ALL becomes VERY CLEAR.

Superstition is like booze to the drunk as it makes peoples heads and thoughts a bit FUZZY and UNBALANCED.

Superstitious minded people are always confused as they haven't a REAL clue as to just WHAT reality & truth are as they are NOT interested in knowing if it gets in the way of what they would like to believe.

It puts a large smile on my face when I sit here KNOWING the "tough to find and understand" answers that most claim they are seeking.

When blinded by the confusion of superstition and the doubts it brings you end up with people just PRETENDING that they have a clue or that they will GET one at a later place and time.

You silly people crack me up as you are like a bunch of over grown angry toddlers that can't figure out where the stinky smell behind you is coming from so instead of checking your "load bucket", you spend your time pointing fingers at others telling them that they require a diaper change as they are smelling up the world because they refuse to be potty trained as they are busy with their PLAY and don't mind hauling a full load around with them as "everyone does it" they try and convince themselves.

Not all are confused and troubled by doubt. There are always those of the FEW that CHOOSE to GROW UP and leave the childish ways of make believe and pretend realities behind them and become hated and rejected by the immature at thought.

At the TOP of the "list" of human conditions is

DISTRACTION away from what we don't like.

Most don't CHOOSE very well,

but there are always the FEW that choose wisely as they understand the trap of deceptions and lies called good.

If I told you people about my day to day Life, you either wouldn't believe me or you might be troubled by jealousy and envy.

LIFE is WHAT YOU make it

MOST just TRY and FAKE it.

REAL is REAL and FAKE is FAKE no matter how many deceived people want to try and believe differently with their make believe and pretend realities and made up scientific theories and other popular concepts that keep a world filled with lazy daydreamers going in their circles of confusion and doubts.

Free your mind and thoughts and your body will follow.

Enslave your mind and thoughts with the superstitious concepts and you will find that your body is a prison that contains YOU and that trying to ESCAPE from YOURSELF seems to make sense in a way,lol

if YOU CAN'T LOVE yourself 100% unconditionally, HOW can you do any better toward others?

If you DON'T have a clear understanding of YOURSELF,

HOW are you going to understand others any better?

I understand myself VERY well and I also understand most others better then they understand themselves as that is what interests me more so then the popular realm of fantasy and fictional realities called good.

Part of the reason that NO ONE in this forum has been able to "knock me off my high horse" is that I AM a ILLUSION to most and you can't touch or harm a illusion that is created in the minds of the superstitious & confused.

Those that are of the many are just illusions wanting to believe that they are REAL and those of the few are REAL and must appear as illusions for those that are blind and lost.

a BACKWARDS world filled with backwards people.

I have known that FACT since I could first assemble the thoughts when young.

Just as it is EASY to understand WHY most that play games of chance loose.

It is just as EASY to understand that those that want to believe that they can BEAT the KNOWN odds with some "special means" are just pulling the wool over their own eyes and blinding THEMSELVES to the TRUTH that CAN be known.

Most want MAGIC of some sort to solve their problems as that is what lazy daydreaming children of all ages prefer doing as GROWING UP is viewed as NO FUN.

I AM having FUN

are YOU?
Life is what YOU make it,
Most just try and fake it...
DavidHenson
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/3/2015 4:44:39 AM
Here are my questions:

Since philosophy and science are not my specialties, I will address these questions as best I can from a Biblical perspective, if you don't mind.

From the earliest beginnings, that is. without beginning, Jehovah God existed before anything. He then created Michael, the arch angel. From that point on everything, the heavens, the spirit creatures in heaven, the Earth and all living plants and animals were created, then a man, and finally some time later, a woman.

Yes. To fill the Earth (procreation) up to a point, and subdue the Earth. The Earth and pretty much everything on it was created for their enjoyment, through the senses, and through work in cultivating it.

I think so. They change over the steady stream of time and depend a great deal upon the cultural, traditional and social.

Do you mean like the soul and spirit? The idea of the immortal soul was introduced to Jewish thinking from the Greek philosophers Socrates and Plato when Alexander the Great's conquest led him to the open arms of the surrendering Jews of the temple around the summer of 332 B.C.E.

Prior to that, the Bible was their source of information and their idea of the soul was far more practical.

"Nepes [nephesh] is a term of far greater extension than our "soul," signifying life (Exodus 21.23; Deuteronomy 19.21) and its various vital manifestations: breathing (Genesis 35.18; Job 41.13, 21), blood (Genesis 9.4; Deuteronomy 12.23; Psalm 140:8 or Psalm 141:8), desire (2 Samuel 3.21; Proverbs 23.2). The soul in the O T means not a part of man, but the whole man - man as a living being. Similarly, in the N T it signifies human life: the life of an individual, conscious subject (Matthew 2.20; 6.25 / Luke 12.22-23; 14.26 / John 10:11, 15, 17; 13.37)." - New Catholic Encyclopedia 1967, Volume XIII, page 467.

See My very brief article on the soul http://www.pathwaymachine.com...

The spirit also has a far more practical application in the Bible. It can be breath, wind, mental inclination. Any invisible active force, also life force, which is a sort of electrical spark, so to speak, which goes out when we expire.

Well, I'm think that beauty is objective, but I'm not sure about objective beauty.

Does free will exist?

Yes. Another article of mine on Determinism / Free will.
http://www.pathwaymachine.com...

No. At least not as such according to the Bible. Specifically it says that the meek will inherit the earth and live forever in peace upon it. A resurrection, though, a few, 144, 000 will go immediately to heaven in spirit form upon death in order to judge with Christ.

I don't believe in destiny.

Sure.

Sure, why not. It's existence wouldn't depend upon it's being perceived.
"Seek freedom and become captive of your desires. Seek discipline and find your liberty." - Frank Herbert, Chapterhouse: Dune
RuvDraba
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/3/2015 5:06:40 AM
I have two counter-questions for you, Ben:

1) What's wrong with saying, "I don't know?"

2) Why is it better to say, "I know, and now you have to obey me, even though I'm highly ignorant, frequently wrong, barely coherent and cannot prove a word I'm saying."
Electric-Eccentric
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/3/2015 8:19:21 AM
The 100% Honest whole Truth can prove what I AM saying is TRUE.

I can prove it as easily as Santa and such can be measured and weighed.

When I have had so called debates with BIG heads of the so called science communities or the religious fiction fanatics and other superstitious based concepts and their followers and worshipers. I have found that it boils down to that people can believe ANYTHING that THEY CHOOSE to believe. Even if it's just make believe and pretend realities.

I find it amusing how I AM treated much like a fart that escapes in the heat of passion or on a church pew or such. Best pretend it didn't happen as you watch the paint peal through your tear filled eyes.

I don't mind being treated much like the fictional characters of scripture and such.

I don't mind that the scientific and medical communities can't find a proper container to place me in and they find it best to place me in a container next to the platy and other "things" that they can't understand as the information is left out of their programming on purpose as it gets in the way of the make believe and pretend realities that most prefer over the reality of being responsible for their own personal thoughts, actions and what it may bring them and others.

A world filled with people in debt in more ways then just financial. The religious and scientific concepts are also greatly lacking when it comes to being of real substance.

if ALL believe that the sky is purple then it becomes purple.

the words and descriptions that we use were NOT created by invisible Gods or scientific means.

they were created by lazy daydreamers much like Adam and Eve that just wanted to play and let someone or something else take care of them and be responsible for the way things are.

the Tree of knowledge of good and evil and a talking snake is just concepts applied to the human mind through the filter/blinder of superstitious reasoning and understanding.

You of the many understand your Gods and scientific theories about as much as a small child understands the concepts of Santa and such.

I understand the deceptions and lies called good and don't CHOOSE to be fooled, deceived and lied to in the name of FUN and possible ESCAPE as I have no reason for a prison break as I AM already FREE from the confusion and doubts of hell and the monsters that live under the bed, in the closet or at the end of the known worlds.

I find it slightly amusing how you kids try and ignore me and you can't figure out WHY I even bother to PLAY with you.

it is because there are the many and the few.

I learn many things here from watching and reading the stories of Santa God and Sci-Fi theory that is on the world stage as popular entertainment.

The 100% honest truth proves it's self like MAGIC in the superstitious realm.

I can see your fake beards and how you get the reindeer to fly and such, figured that out over 50 years ago and a lot more since then.

HO HO HO Mary X-MA$ and a happy new year to you and yours

and remember to drink and drive responsibly when traveling the internet or other highways.
Heterodox
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/3/2015 8:50:09 AM
Here are my questions:

Don't know, wasn't there.

Nope.

Yup.

Not that I've seen.

Nope.

Does free will exist?
Sure.

I'll let you know.

Not theoretically.

Yes.

If so, we'd never know.
JJ50
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/3/2015 12:28:25 PM
At 9/3/2015 3:25:54 AM, Tough wrote:
Here are my questions:

Nothing exists even today.

No.

No, they don't exist and were never constructed, they are illusions some people perceive to be real.

Yes, they have no material component to them at all.

There is no such thing as objective reality.

Does free will exist?

Nothing exists.

Than what?

No. God requires destiny's existence though.

Nothing exists.

No.

Are you on an illegal substance?
dhardage
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/3/2015 1:22:26 PM
Here are my questions:

We don't know for certain.

Survival

Yep

Nope

Nope. Beauty, as well as ugliness, is in the eye of the beholder.

Does free will exist?

I can't say for sure but I think so.

None that has been demonstrated by factual evidence.

Destiny as a null concept.

Does perfection actually exist?

Yep. If it didn't, there would be no universe for us to live in.
Chaosism
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/3/2015 2:16:25 PM
Here are my questions:

It cannot be known by us. The best we can do is speculate and consider what precious little evidence we have, taking it for what its worth.

The same biological drive that all successful biological creatures do: perpetuate the existence of the species (if you would call this a purpose). However, our level of intellect allows us to deviate from this primal drive and replace it with a purpose that is more cognitively appealing. In short, I don't believe there is any kind of objective purpose; existential nihilism.

Absolutely, I'd say. This reflects the opinion of a perceived subject (and subsequent consequences) that is compared to the perceiving individual's set of values.

I have no evidence that leads to a rational reason to accept such a notion as true. It does appeal to our intuitive sense, though, which may induce the desire for it to be true.

I don't see how such a thing could be possible. Beauty is in the eye of the beholder, and it is not a measurable quality.

Does free will exist?

My reasoning leads me to believe that the answer is ultimately "no". Especially in regards to "Theological Free Will", which is typically destroyed by the concept of omniscience, either through sheer knowingness or by perfect calculative prediction ability. If the future can be determined, then Free Will does not exist.

This doesn't matter in the slightest, though, unless the future can be known. I believe that the veil of the illusion of Free Will is impenetrable by mortal minds, so we may as well say we have it.

I have no evidence that leads to a rational reason to accept such a notion as true. It does appeal to our intuitive sense, though, which may induce the desire for it to be true.

If there is necessary intent behind the necessity of events, then yes. However, inevitabilities can exist that can replicate the appearance of destiny.

It depends on what you mean. The only way the term "perfect" can be used objectively is to describe something objective, such as a "perfect fit" like a puzzle piece, or a perfect circle. Perfect is ultimately a concept that we invented to describe the word that we observe, much like the words for shapes and whatnot.

If you have any sense of object permanence and aren't some kind of solipsist, then yes.
Chaosism
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/3/2015 2:19:05 PM
Electric-Eccentric,

I am curious of your position on knowledge. Can you tell me something that you know to be true? Just one simple, factual thing, and please without draping it in metaphor.
SimplyAidan
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/3/2015 2:42:33 PM
God the Father, God the Son and God the Holy Spirit. As Genesis 1:26 said: "And God said, Let us make man in our image, after our likeness: and let them have dominion over the fish of the sea, and over the fowl of the air, and over the cattle, and over all the earth, and over every creeping thing that creepeth upon the earth."

Yes! Like entropy we will return to the state we originated! Well... most of us...

Not at all, MOST have an innate moral code. The exceptions are very rare and even then it's not that they don't know what they're doing is wrong/right, it's that they don't care.

That depends on what you believe. If I believe that I have a soul and that is an immaterial component, would I be wrong to say so?

Hmmm, to be honest I don't really know. I'd like to say no because I'm sure there is one thing we can all agree on is beautiful but at the same time I can't really say that with a 100% guarantee.

Does free will exist?
Can I choose from Coke or Pepsi? Can I choose to have neither? Yes!

Depends on what YOU Think, I Know there is though :)

It requires the existence of a deity! Whether or not it is God depends on the construct of that deities plans. However if there is a plan, there is a destiny! So yes!

Yes, now are all imperfections known? Depends on who you're speaking too!

Saved the best for last huh, yes! If a tree falls in the woods and nobody is around to hear it , does it make a sound? In short, God doesn't NEED us to do anything, he wants us to! Thus he put us here. Does that make him a tyrant? No! What parent has not corrected their children for not saying "Thank you" when given something? He'd exist with or without us, but because he's so chill he's like "yo ima give Aidan a chance to live" "yo ima give ben a chance to live" "yo ima give all these people a chance to live." That to me is amazing!
Tough
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/3/2015 2:44:43 PM
At 9/3/2015 12:28:25 PM, JJ50 wrote:

Are you on an illegal substance?

I thought it was legal but the cops are chasing me but why do they have wolf heads?

I'm so confused...
Who is more terrifying; the one who is correct and successfully proves the liar wrong or the liar who successfully proves the correct one wrong?
FaustianJustice
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/3/2015 2:54:56 PM
Here are my questions:

How early? I would say some variety of volatile mass or energy that decayed or collapsed into this.

Yup. Survival. This I think is best demonstrated should the zombie apocalypse or alien take over occur.

Yup, but closely linked to a common beneficial end.

Emotions, maybe? I don't think so.

Heck no.

Does free will exist?

Yup.

Doubt it.

One or more, yes.

Sure.

Yes.
Here we have an advocate for Islamic arranged marriages demonstrating that children can consent to sex.
http://www.debate.org...
Electric-Eccentric
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/4/2015 4:06:08 AM
At 9/3/2015 2:19:05 PM, Chaosism wrote:
Electric-Eccentric,

I am curious of your position on knowledge. Can you tell me something that you know to be true? Just one simple, factual thing, and please without draping it in metaphor.

EE: You ask a BIG question expecting a simple answer that is to your liking.

I can't show you what you refuse to see.

If you haven't found the answers for the question you ask in my other posts, then you are not Truly interested.

That is a FACT that I can prove as far as you choose.

How far down the rabbit hole do you dare venture?
Outplayz
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/4/2015 6:30:45 AM
Here are my questions:

That is hard to say. Could it have just been empty space, or was some sort of matter always there? In regards to intelligence, i feel that it evolved. This takes a leap of logic that consciousness doesn't require a brain however. If that were true, think of it like stick figures to computerized cartoons, as this unbound immaterial consciousness evolved; we being an eventual result.

Look at the world. Actually lets look at the world during the Renaissance period (i like pirates lol). It isn't humanity with purpose, it is what this reality provides. There are many reasons why we would want to come to a reality like this. For me personally it is family. Can i see my family the same in any other type of reality that isn't a human experience? Or, let's go back in time again. Would it not be fun to live as a pirate? If you knew you can, with death being the escape back to immortality, would you not do it? So, there isn't just one purpose; there are many that this reality provides.

Honestly, you can get very deep with this question. To simply answer it, i would say evil is physically or mentality torturing another that does not consent to you being in their world. Everything else is just bad, which is not evil; therefore acceptable.

You are an immortal in my eyes. I see it as: Mortal (living an experience); Immortal (preparing your next experience). If you think about it; becoming self aware is one of the most powerful things you can posses in this world.

I don't know. I know beauty is in the eye of the beholder; a very true quote. But, does everyone think Megan Fox is hot? I don't think it can be objective bc there is also personality. Have you ever talked to a women/man you were not at first interested in, but through something that you liked hearing, they became more and more beautiful? Does everyone like the color of hot pink in contrast to black? That is what i find beautiful.

Does free will exist?

I think your free will is most evident in your immortal state. You planed your mortal state. But, i am still thinking about this. Could miracles, supernatural events, ghosts, dreams, etc just be your immortal self guiding you to accomplish what it had wanted to in this reality? I am leaning towards yes, but i am also thinking the people you love may have an affect as well ... idk, still trying to piece this part together.

Your immortal self.

Yes. You are "god per se" and planed your existence.

I got a dimple on my butt that i think is an imperfection lol. However, some girls like it ... so hmm...

Are you talking about dying alone? That eventually no one is going to think about you anymore? Maybe your kids or family while you are alive, but eventually (if you aren't famous or something) will forget you. However, this post will always be up or things you do. Someone can read it and like it. They, in some way, are perceiving you. But, yeah ... how people see you now will fade eventually. We move forward. There is no such thing as time ... it is just moving forward. You will take many forms, but who you are will always be who you are; you're character.

This is how i believe anyways ... unorthodox spirituality.
PureX
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/4/2015 11:49:49 AM
Here are my questions:

The question is vague, but in any case the answer is that we don't know.

I choose to believe that we humans exist to express love, forgiveness, kindness and generosity.

Yes.

Yes.

There are beautiful objects, but it's we who determine their beauty, and we generally do so, subjectively.

Does free will exist?

Yes.

Unknown.

"Destiny" is an illusion. What it requires is 'magical thinking'.

No, they exist conceptually.

The question is inherently irrelevant.
Chaosism
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/4/2015 1:03:22 PM
Electric-Eccentric,

Would you mind having this discussion via private message or something so we don't highjack Ben's thread?
Electric-Eccentric
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/4/2015 3:41:51 PM
At 9/4/2015 1:03:22 PM, Chaosism wrote:
Electric-Eccentric,

Would you mind having this discussion via private message or something so we don't highjack Ben's thread?

EE:No is my answer as your questions are vague as in can you play over there>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>.<