Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/3/2015 6:46:43 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 9/3/2015 6:25:48 AM, POPOO5560 wrote:
http://www.rt.com...

"Oldest" Koran fragments unlikely to pre-date Mohammed " expert

Scholars with differing views will all put their two cents in. The question is when was it written. If you ask Islam, it doesn't predate Mohammed. If you ask the scientists who performed the radiocarbon analysis, it's a lot older. Historians will be hashing it out for a while. I'll wait and see what happens. For me it doesn't really matter either way. The book itself makes claims that cannot be supported without subscribing to a specific faith and it's been my observation that denial in the religious community always prevails. So even if it's found to predate Mohammed it will only result in a more fanatical following.
A rock pile ceases to be a rock pile the moment a single man contemplates it, bearing within him the image of a cathedral."
POPOO5560
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/3/2015 11:14:10 AM
At 9/3/2015 6:46:43 AM, jodybirdy wrote:

Scholars with differing views will all put their two cents in. The question is when was it written. If you ask Islam, it doesn't predate Mohammed. If you ask the scientists who performed the radiocarbon analysis, it's a lot older. Historians will be hashing it out for a while. I'll wait and see what happens. For me it doesn't really matter either way. The book itself makes claims that cannot be supported without subscribing to a specific faith and it's been my observation that denial in the religious community always prevails. So even if it's found to predate Mohammed it will only result in a more fanatical following.

"If you ask the scientists who performed the radiocarbon analysis, it's a lot older." - no its not its falls on the life of the prophet exactly maybe you confuse with the "historian" Tom holland which has to write anything against islam in his works...
Never fart near dog
jodybirdy
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/3/2015 6:00:38 PM
At 9/3/2015 11:14:10 AM, POPOO5560 wrote:
At 9/3/2015 6:46:43 AM, jodybirdy wrote:

"If you ask the scientists who performed the radiocarbon analysis, it's a lot older." - no its not its falls on the life of the prophet exactly maybe you confuse with the "historian" Tom holland which has to write anything against islam in his works...

Even historians suffer from a certain level of bias on all sides of the spectrum. That's why it'll be hashed out, but not matter in the long run because the subject matter is a religious relic and the faithful following does not base authenticity on scientific fact, but religious faith. Bias exists on all sides, it is fortunate that multiple historians have input.
A rock pile ceases to be a rock pile the moment a single man contemplates it, bearing within him the image of a cathedral."
biomystic
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/3/2015 8:50:06 PM
I think we'll find non-Muslim historians falling on the side of an earlier Quran that Muhammad later used. As a prophesy bearer myself I find it rather hard to believe Muhammad could compose as a supposed illiterate the final form of the Quran at what could only be his early years. At 71 my own revelatory stream hasn't stopped and it stops me from publishing any final form of my Celestial Torah Christian theology until farther down the road.

The Quran and Muhammad's theology has always struck me as off base, as if an overriding political cause was using Arab people's gullibility to mount a religious army out to conquer as much territory as possible. Certainly the combination of killing and terrorism isn't of any commandment of God Most High that I serve as a Celestial Torah Christian.

Muhammadans can be counted on to deny the possibility their IDOL Muhammad can be dethroned from his pedestal of worship in place of God.
biomystic
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/3/2015 10:21:19 PM
It's so bizarre that Muslims don't get it--that for all of Muhammad's protestations of "no partners for Allah", Muhammad has made himself a "partner" of God without whom Allah cannot seem to communicate to human beings.