Total Posts:16|Showing Posts:1-16
Jump to topic:

Has God Ever Delivered You from Darkness?

Sooner
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/3/2015 6:40:28 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
I personally lost a good friend at too young of an age to a drunk driver. She burned alive after her car was struck flipping both vehicles on their tops pinning both girls. She was extinguished, and it took 1 & 1/2 hours to free her. She was flown to the hospital and lived for another five hours. She had the right side of her face dismantled beyond belief. 3rd degree burns. Horrible? Yes... Will I ever forget? No. But God delivered me from my pain. Have you ever been delivered from the deep, dark, punishing hell of spiritual and mental trauma? I have... If you are able, please share. If not, then understood. Take care...
Ignoring problems doesn't make them go away.
jodybirdy
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/3/2015 7:06:38 AM
At 9/3/2015 6:40:28 AM, Sooner wrote:
I personally lost a good friend at too young of an age to a drunk driver. She burned alive after her car was struck flipping both vehicles on their tops pinning both girls. She was extinguished, and it took 1 & 1/2 hours to free her. She was flown to the hospital and lived for another five hours. She had the right side of her face dismantled beyond belief. 3rd degree burns. Horrible? Yes... Will I ever forget? No. But God delivered me from my pain. Have you ever been delivered from the deep, dark, punishing hell of spiritual and mental trauma? I have... If you are able, please share. If not, then understood. Take care...

This is a very sad story. I'm sorry that you had to endure such a loss. I've lost someone very close to me. Only I watched him suffer for six weeks in excruciating pain, not able to move or speak. It was difficult for me, but I had to be there for others and take care of them emotionally while he was dying. Although my own emotional state was not good, being there for others helped. I didn't pray or ask for strength from God because I am an athiest. I delivered myself from darkness by lighting a candle for others.

I believe that wherever you feel your strength might have come from, it is most probable that it was actually you who delivered yourself.
A rock pile ceases to be a rock pile the moment a single man contemplates it, bearing within him the image of a cathedral."
Outplayz
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/3/2015 7:46:40 AM

I'm sorry to hear about your friend ... Blessed be her next journey.

Now ... you can decide if this was a "God shot" bc i see it spiritually. It's a long story bc this is a progressive story throughout my life, so sorry if i write too much in advance.

It all started when i was either 4/5 years old. I came home from school and went to the master bedroom in my house to play. I saw a person painting the railings in the balcony of that room. All i saw from the back was a white jumpsuit type outfit with different colors of paint smeared on it. I knocked on the window and said, "hi, who are you?" The person slowly got up and turned around ... eyes pure red. I stepped back. First time i remember feeling fear. Now, i can swear to you that this wasn't a dream. I have held on to this memory (among others) from the age of 9 give or take. From an age that i was able to think back and say ... wtf this memory makes no sense. I am okay to say it was a dream though for the sake of psychology. Anyways, around the age of 16 give or take, i had a nightmare. I walked into my room and my room was pure darkness. All i could see was a small red dot. I ran to try to get to this dot, and looked at it. This part is kinda lord of the ringish. The red dot zoom right into my face as a red eye. It poured all of the fear and negative emotions you can think of into me. I woke up, uncontrollably, crying, burning, shivering, anxiety, depression ... for a good few minutes until i got control of myself. This started my re-occurring nightmare, my only nightmare. I had a dream of a demon with red eyes 4 or 5 more times spread out through my years until the age of 24. However, it always scared me, but i started fighting back as i got older. Then, the last time i have had this dream. I was trying to have a lucid dream, and succeeded. I was in a random room at a house party playing a video game with someone sitting next to me and thought, "hey i'm dreaming." So, i put the controller down and walked into hallways, and to be honest, tried to change the scene to a strip club (what else would you do if you could control your dream lol). But, it wasn't changing. Then i notice the person i was playing the game with slowly put down the controller and walk towards me. It stood in front of me. As soon as i thought why is my dream interacting with me, the persons eyes rolled back to red, and got a smile like that cat from Alice in wonderland (human-like). Of course right ... but, thankfully i was controlling my dream so i turned a couch to quicksand, pushed it into it, and sealed it.

So, where is the spiritual experience right Lol? Well, i overdosed from taking too many opioids. I remember waking up in the hospital and thinking i was going to die, but saw my whole family around me before passing out again. When i got released to go home it was night, i sat outside, broken, depressed ... just thinking; how am i going to beat this drug? Then, first i felt a tingling sensation just hit me out of no where. As soon as it travel to my head, i can say i heard a whisper within my own head ... It said, "remember me." Then i remembered my first nightmare ... all of the feelings from the red eye where the same as my withdraws ... the smile i saw before i buried it, all the times i fought it (i relapsed 4/5 times before the overdose). Everything just made sense, making me realize that i have been warning myself (as a demon) way before i started my addiction. After that moment, i woke up, and i haven't touched that drug since.

That is a story of my life i think you might enjoy ... i hope, i am not a good story teller. It can all be explained away be science, i know. But, it was damn real to me.
SimplyAidan
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/3/2015 3:09:09 PM
It went from losing myself, to feeling like I was dying, to finding God, to peacefulness.
Sorry I can only give you that, I don't want to give too much.
JJ50
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/3/2015 3:29:43 PM

What an awful thing to happen to your friend!

When I was a kid, and a Christian, I had a problem I certainly couldn't have shared with my parents. I prayed and prayed to the deity to help me with it, but I never had any feeling it was listening. If it exists and can't come through for a child, that doesn't say anything good about it!
Saint_of_Me
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/3/2015 4:30:54 PM

Yeah..that makes a lot of sense Sooner. Let me ask you a question: why did the God who delivered you from your emotional pain let those poor girls fry in what must have been unimaginable agony in the first place? Would not it have been more logical and also MUCH more compassionate for him to have prevented that accident in the first place? Yet, in all his loving glory and compassion, he chose not to!

God.....what a douche.
Science Flies Us to the Moon. Religion Flies us Into Skyscrapers.
Sooner
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/3/2015 9:35:33 PM
At 9/3/2015 4:30:54 PM, Saint_of_Me wrote:

Yeah..that makes a lot of sense Sooner. Let me ask you a question: why did the God who delivered you from your emotional pain let those poor girls fry in what must have been unimaginable agony in the first place? Would not it have been more logical and also MUCH more compassionate for him to have prevented that accident in the first place? Yet, in all his loving glory and compassion, he chose not to!

God.....what a douche.

One was burned. She was an advocate against drunk driving and did drunk driving simulations and speeches which is the irony that she was killed by a drunk driver. The drunk driver was pulled from her car and lived. Now she is required by law or face even more jail time to give anti drunk driving speeches even to this present day nearly 20 years later. In my hometown there is still a stigma against drunk driving and a constant reminder. There is a memorial to her built at the place of her dimise serving as a constant reminder to all that pass it. In the end, she actually accomplished her mission by her own death. To remind people constantly to not drink and drive. That was her life's mission. Her death and her monument serve to do even in a greater fashion what she strived for in life. Therefore, I only see the beauty now.

I believe God works in mysterious ways (as the Bible states) and that some people we meet are angels(as the Bible states). An easy answer? No. But in infinite time, 40-50 years of seperation from someone is a blink. I can accept the good that came from it or focus on the bad. I chose the good. Until I did, I destroyed myself from the inside out. If Heaven is real, and I believe it is, she doesn't want to come back here. I'm sure she's willing to wait in paradise for her loved ones to come to her. God may have allowed it for reasons we will never know on Earth. If she was going to fight a debilitating disease for the next 20 years in misery, the beauty of her death may have been his compassion and mercy at work and topped off with a forever reminder built here on Earth of her life, her beauty, and her purpose.
Sooner
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/3/2015 9:50:38 PM
I put almost 20 years ago. It was 13 years ago. It seemed longer.
Outplayz
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/3/2015 10:13:42 PM
At 9/3/2015 9:50:38 PM, Sooner wrote:
I put almost 20 years ago. It was 13 years ago. It seemed longer.

That was an amazing story. She not only did what she wanted as a person, also in spirit. RiP.

However, (you asked this under religion), i don't understand why she or me or you, cannot be our own "gods." It makes sense if i look at it that way much more than one person making these decisions for us. We make our decisions, we are accountable for what we do ... we are the immortals. I just see it working that way and cannot think of why it doesn't work. My story, i thought that was a demon or god warning me. But, when i look at it today ... if i had to warn myself of a danger ... the way it happened is perfectly correlative to what i would do as spirit me to warn myself. Yes, i do believe there was an original spirit ... but, i think by now ... there are millions. Immortals being the same as mortals when it comes to differences. A mortal (a spirit living an experience). An immortal (a spirit preparing its next experience). It makes sense; more sense when you start looking at individuality. Idk, maybe you have thought of a way to refute this thought, but i haven't; so it is what i think is the closest to the truth.
Saint_of_Me
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/4/2015 1:38:54 AM
At 9/3/2015 9:35:33 PM, Sooner wrote:

God.....what a douche.

One was burned. She was an advocate against drunk driving and did drunk driving simulations and speeches which is the irony that she was killed by a drunk driver. The drunk driver was pulled from her car and lived. Now she is required by law or face even more jail time to give anti drunk driving speeches even to this present day nearly 20 years later. In my hometown there is still a stigma against drunk driving and a constant reminder. There is a memorial to her built at the place of her dimise serving as a constant reminder to all that pass it. In the end, she actually accomplished her mission by her own death. To remind people constantly to not drink and drive. That was her life's mission. Her death and her monument serve to do even in a greater fashion what she strived for in life. Therefore, I only see the beauty now.

I believe God works in mysterious ways (as the Bible states) and that some people we meet are angels(as the Bible states). An easy answer? No. But in infinite time, 40-50 years of seperation from someone is a blink. I can accept the good that came from it or focus on the bad. I chose the good. Until I did, I destroyed myself from the inside out. If Heaven is real, and I believe it is, she doesn't want to come back here. I'm sure she's willing to wait in paradise for her loved ones to come to her. God may have allowed it for reasons we will never know on Earth. If she was going to fight a debilitating disease for the next 20 years in misery, the beauty of her death may have been his compassion and mercy at work and topped off with a forever reminder built here on Earth of her life, her beauty, and her purpose.

Oh man, not the "God works in mysterious ways" old schpiel again! You fundies have truly worn that one slick over the years. It's basically one throw-away euhpenistic sentence meaning, "Well, I can't figure out why God would allow this either, so I reckon he just has hisself some strange ideers!" (say this with a southern accent while chugging a PBR and wearing a wife beater!) LOL

So you never came even close to answering my question as to why an all-powerful God who can intervene in human affairs allows bad things to happen to good and faithful Believers, while corrupt Atheists live healthy, happy, and opulent lives. And hey, bro, don't get me wrong, I don't expect you to be able to answer that. Why should you be able to when no other Christian in the history of your Religion has?

But, be forewarned, if you're gonna get in our face--us Atheists-- about the unproven powers of God and how he helps people, you gotta know we're gonna come right back at you. Right? Cool.

Adios, amigo.
Science Flies Us to the Moon. Religion Flies us Into Skyscrapers.
Sooner
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/4/2015 2:55:25 AM
At 9/4/2015 1:38:54 AM, Saint_of_Me wrote:

God.....what a douche.

Oh man, not the "God works in mysterious ways" old schpiel again! You fundies have truly worn that one slick over the years. It's basically one throw-away euhpenistic sentence meaning, "Well, I can't figure out why God would allow this either, so I reckon he just has hisself some strange ideers!" (say this with a southern accent while chugging a PBR and wearing a wife beater!) LOL

So you never came even close to answering my question as to why an all-powerful God who can intervene in human affairs allows bad things to happen to good and faithful Believers, while corrupt Atheists live healthy, happy, and opulent lives. And hey, bro, don't get me wrong, I don't expect you to be able to answer that. Why should you be able to when no other Christian in the history of your Religion has?

But, be forewarned, if you're gonna get in our face--us Atheists-- about the unproven powers of God and how he helps people, you gotta know we're gonna come right back at you. Right? Cool.

Adios, amigo.

There's nothing to explain. I fought in a war, lost a friend to a drunk driver, have been shot and stabbed, lost both parents, and here I still stand, and disrespected by those that I have protected the rights of...

In this thread where is the example of someone getting in your face?
Sooner
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/4/2015 3:04:33 AM

God.....what a douche.

Adios, amigo.

We've reduced ourselves to attacking soldiers who open up about their pains... now that is about as sad as it gets. Mom must be proud.

You mock God now. I'll bet that works out very well when you're elderly, then dead. Just focus on that. He's not there right? I don't think that's what you believe. If you truely disbelieved, you wouldn't be so angry at Him. You can't be angry at someone you don't believe exists. And you always are quick to the anger button. I'd hate to see you if you'd faced my life. You'd have done ended it all. I feel sorry for you. I'll pray for you. That's all I can provide you. If you reject it, that's between you and the one you hate. Good luck.
Sooner
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/4/2015 3:40:13 AM
At 9/3/2015 6:40:28 AM, Soont wrote:

God.....what a douche.

Adios, amigo.

I don't really think of her as a human "believer" that God forsaked. I never saw her drink. I never saw her with a man. All I saw was a flawless angel sent here from above for our sakes and not hers. There was too much irony to her entire life. She was too pure. Too perfect. A spotless being as I with human eyes could see. I've never met anyone like her. If God sends angels down to protect a pion like me as she did, I dare not mock, challenge, or nip at the one that allowed me a sneak peak at what His angels are like. I wouldn't take that friendship back for all the money on Earth. I'd it all over again just to witness the light another time. And that light was more than any lifelong Atheist will ever comprehend because darkness is unable to understand or comprehend the light. You're gonna have to step out of your own way to ever understand, but you look determined to reject Him at all costs. You cover your heart. You hide from Him. You are afraid. And instead of guazing upon your essence in the mirror you scramble to fill the hole within yourself. You can't inflict enough pain or damage to ever fill that hole. You are empty and alone. Sadly, it is by choice that is fueled by rage. Let it go and decide to make the world a better place. Lift others. Don't tear them down. Help those in need. Stomping on others doesn't make you more of a man. It makes you less. I used to be you. That's the only thing that draws my pity. I see me in you. And if you feel half of what I used to feel, your pain is unmeasurable. I can't hatethat. My empathy towards you is great. Maybe one day you will open your heart. If not, you will perish from this world in sadness, loneliness, and dispair. Choose life, not death. Choose light, not darknes. Choose to love yourself enough to change toxic behaviors and negative attitudes, or you will face what I did... the scariest depths of hell imaginable. I'd prefer you never knew pain like I have known. But there is hope. If I can fight off mine, anyone can obtain victory. They have to choose to be brave and face down their demons or simply limp to the end, then mourn for eternity. Love yourself. Start today, before there's no more time left...
DanneJeRusse
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/4/2015 5:01:51 PM
At 9/4/2015 3:40:13 AM, Sooner wrote:
At 9/3/2015 6:40:28 AM, Soont wrote:

God.....what a douche.

Adios, amigo.

I don't really think of her as a human "believer" that God forsaked. I never saw her drink. I never saw her with a man. All I saw was a flawless angel sent here from above for our sakes and not hers. There was too much irony to her entire life. She was too pure. Too perfect. A spotless being as I with human eyes could see. I've never met anyone like her. If God sends angels down to protect a pion like me as she did, I dare not mock, challenge, or nip at the one that allowed me a sneak peak at what His angels are like. I wouldn't take that friendship back for all the money on Earth. I'd it all over again just to witness the light another time. And that light was more than any lifelong Atheist will ever comprehend because darkness is unable to understand or comprehend the light. You're gonna have to step out of your own way to ever understand, but you look determined to reject Him at all costs. You cover your heart. You hide from Him. You are afraid. And instead of guazing upon your essence in the mirror you scramble to fill the hole within yourself. You can't inflict enough pain or damage to ever fill that hole. You are empty and alone. Sadly, it is by choice that is fueled by rage. Let it go and decide to make the world a better place. Lift others. Don't tear them down. Help those in need. Stomping on others doesn't make you more of a man. It makes you less. I used to be you. That's the only thing that draws my pity. I see me in you. And if you feel half of what I used to feel, your pain is unmeasurable. I can't hatethat. My empathy towards you is great. Maybe one day you will open your heart. If not, you will perish from this world in sadness, loneliness, and dispair. Choose life, not death. Choose light, not darknes. Choose to love yourself enough to change toxic behaviors and negative attitudes, or you will face what I did... the scariest depths of hell imaginable. I'd prefer you never knew pain like I have known. But there is hope. If I can fight off mine, anyone can obtain victory. They have to choose to be brave and face down their demons or simply limp to the end, then mourn for eternity. Love yourself. Start today, before there's no more time left...

Sooner, It's best to ignore the words of SoM as he was merely yanking everyone's chain playing both sides as a troll.

Your story here is extremely tragic, but it is a common story with many of us who have lost such a person in their lives. The question of "why them" continues to haunt us for the rest of our lives as no answer can ever suffice or heal the pain. Don't think for a second that atheists cannot feel the grief and anger you are feeling, nor can they not appreciate those people for who they are and what they contribute to us as individuals who have had the honor and privilege of knowing them. We are not in darkness as you say.
Marrying a 6 year old and waiting until she reaches puberty and maturity before having consensual sex is better than walking up to
a stranger in a bar and proceeding to have relations with no valid proof of the intent of the person. Muhammad wins. ~ Fatihah
If they don't want to be killed then they have to subdue to the Islamic laws. - Uncung
Without God, you are lower than sh!t. ~ SpiritandTruth