Jump to topic:

Richard Dawkins in Perspective

fromantle
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/3/2015 7:27:54 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
'Parasites probably cause even more suffering than predators, and understanding their evolutionary rationale adds too , rather than mitigates the sense of futility we experience when we contemplate it.
I fuminate against it everytime I get a cold ( I have one now).
Maybe its a minor inconvenience but its so pointless.
At least if you are eaten by an anaconda you can feel you have contributed to the well- being of one of the Lords of Life.
When you are eaten by a tiger perhaps your last thought could be what immortal hand or eye could frame thy fearful symmetry.'
Richard Dawkins in The Greatest Show on Earth.
Here we see Dawkins between the lines in his inner self.
Notice his two poetical quotes from DH Lawrence The Snake and the great visionary William Blake.
He is railing against what science forces him to believe and the artist is surfacing in this many- sided man. Poor Richard Dawkins he wishes the world was better constructed : thats my wish also.

Here
Outplayz
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/3/2015 10:39:27 PM
At 9/3/2015 7:27:54 PM, fromantle wrote:
'Parasites probably cause even more suffering than predators, and understanding their evolutionary rationale adds too , rather than mitigates the sense of futility we experience when we contemplate it.
At least if you are eaten by an anaconda you can feel you have contributed to the well- being of one of the Lords of Life.
When you are eaten by a tiger perhaps your last thought could be what immortal hand or eye could frame thy fearful symmetry.'
Notice his two poetical quotes from DH Lawrence The Snake and the great visionary William Blake.
He is railing against what science forces him to believe and the artist is surfacing in this many- sided man. Poor Richard Dawkins he wishes the world was better constructed : thats my wish also.

Here

I personally liked Christopher Hitchens better. Dawkins is a smart guy, he just always seems mad Lol. However, i enjoy listening to him; he's a character for sure.
Mobutu
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/4/2015 6:28:40 PM
At 9/4/2015 6:21:03 PM, SimplyAidan wrote:
In Richard Dawkins perspective, paedophilia isn't that bad as long as it's not prolonged.

Also we should send religious people into insane asylums. Wait I have a better Idea! Maybe we could just have them all shot. And send their kids to pedos as long as they're atheists.
SimplyAidan
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/4/2015 6:30:10 PM
At 9/4/2015 6:28:40 PM, Mobutu wrote:
At 9/4/2015 6:21:03 PM, SimplyAidan wrote:
In Richard Dawkins perspective, paedophilia isn't that bad as long as it's not prolonged.

Also we should send religious people into insane asylums. Wait I have a better Idea! Maybe we could just have them all shot. And send their kids to pedos as long as they're atheists.

Whoever has sinned not can send the first shot.
Otokage
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/4/2015 9:35:14 PM
At 9/3/2015 10:39:27 PM, Outplayz wrote:

Here

I personally liked Christopher Hitchens better. Dawkins is a smart guy, he just always seems mad Lol. However, i enjoy listening to him; he's a character for sure.

He is a character indeed. Let's take that to the extreme: https://www.youtube.com...

Lol I laugh so hard everytime I see this...
Outplayz
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/5/2015 1:05:19 AM
At 9/4/2015 9:35:14 PM, Otokage wrote:
At 9/3/2015 10:39:27 PM, Outplayz wrote:

Here

He is a character indeed. Let's take that to the extreme: https://www.youtube.com...

Lol I laugh so hard everytime I see this...

Haha that's exactly it... his facial expressions are like, "you're a dumb@ss" LOL I actually do enjoy his debates just for that reason.
fromantle
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/6/2015 6:54:38 AM
Remember consistency does not exist generally or in individuals and we could easily throw slanders back and forth indefinitely. The other important point I must make is because a person has wrong views about somethings it does not make them totally wrong. It would be like suggesting unless a persons life is a mirror image of Jesus Christ they cannot claim to be Christian.
All the time we gather impressions and information about others we must take care not to sit in judgement.
fromantle
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/6/2015 7:00:07 AM
You must try to attack the beliefs and not the person. Remember ' by their fruits ye shall know them' look carefully at other peoples deeds not just at their labels.