Total Posts:92|Showing Posts:1-30|Last Page
Jump to topic:

Here's Yet Another Question...

JustCallMeTarzan
Posts: 1,922
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/6/2010 2:17:44 PM
Posted: 6 years ago
This is primarily for Christians, though I suppose it could deal with anyone opposed to homosexuality on a religious basis...

These are very simple yes/no questions... Stupidly constructed cop-outs are not welcome =)

1) Do you believe that homosexuality (and homosexual behavior) is morally wrong?

2) Do you believe that God cares personally where you put your penis (or vagina)?

3) Do you believe that some buttsecks down the street invalidates your marriage?

4) Is the buttsecks down the street in any way hurting you?

5) Do you believe that you are going to be punished by your God for letting buttsecks continue?

6) Is buttsecks any more a threat to the sanctity of marriage than, say, Britney Spears?

******************************************************

A second set of questions where an explanation is acceptable...

1) Why do you care where other people put their genitalia?

2) What justification is there in your faith for condemning homosexuality? I.e., is there any reason other than "God said so?"

3) Why is other people's sexual behavior a threat to your marriage or salvation?

4) Suppose Jeff and Melinda are having anal intercourse... why are they different from a homosexual couple?

5) Most importantly... if you are not going to hell because Jeff and Tom are having buttsecks, then why are you so interested in what they are doing? Does it affect you? How?
tkubok
Posts: 5,044
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/6/2010 2:31:14 PM
Posted: 6 years ago
At 9/6/2010 2:17:44 PM, JustCallMeTarzan wrote:

1) Do you believe that homosexuality (and homosexual behavior) is morally wrong?
I think its morally wrong that they get sex when i dont. :(
InsertNameHere
Posts: 15,699
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/6/2010 4:34:28 PM
Posted: 6 years ago
At 9/6/2010 4:24:44 PM, Brendan21 wrote:
I hope some one actually tries to answer this legitimately eventually.

Well I'm personally opposed to homosexual sex(particularly buttsecks), but I'm not going to try to stop them from getting married and such. If they want to get married they have every right to.
PARADIGM_L0ST
Posts: 6,958
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/6/2010 4:40:02 PM
Posted: 6 years ago
At 9/6/2010 4:34:32 PM, Mac wrote:
Lol, I actually want to see someone answer this xD These questions are pretty interesting.:

I doubt seriously that anyone will. Instead they'll invent a straw man argument about how homosexual marriage destroys the "institution of marriage" (whatever that is), and how if we open the door to homosexual marriage, we'll all want to marry cats, kids, and corpses.
"Have you ever considered suicide? If not, please do." -- Mouthwash (to Inferno)
Anarcho
Posts: 887
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/6/2010 4:44:29 PM
Posted: 6 years ago
At 9/6/2010 4:34:28 PM, InsertNameHere wrote:
At 9/6/2010 4:24:44 PM, Brendan21 wrote:
I hope some one actually tries to answer this legitimately eventually.

Well I'm personally opposed to homosexual sex(particularly buttsecks), but I'm not going to try to stop them from getting married and such. If they want to get married they have every right to.

You are!!!???
InsertNameHere wrote: "If we evolved from apes then why are apes still around?

This is semi-serious btw. It's something that seems strange to me. You'd think that entire species would cease to exist if other ones evolved from them."

Anarcho wrote: *facepalm*
Brendan21
Posts: 294
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/6/2010 4:53:50 PM
Posted: 6 years ago
At 9/6/2010 4:40:02 PM, PARADIGM_L0ST wrote:
At 9/6/2010 4:34:32 PM, Mac wrote:
Lol, I actually want to see someone answer this xD These questions are pretty interesting.:

I doubt seriously that anyone will. Instead they'll invent a straw man argument about how homosexual marriage destroys the "institution of marriage" (whatever that is), and how if we open the door to homosexual marriage, we'll all want to marry cats, kids, and corpses.

Good old "I'm not going to try and see it through someone else's eyes," its kept America great for this long, why not longer?
Cody_Franklin
Posts: 9,483
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/6/2010 4:57:13 PM
Posted: 6 years ago
At 9/6/2010 2:17:44 PM, JustCallMeTarzan wrote:
This is primarily for Christians, though I suppose it could deal with anyone opposed to homosexuality on a religious basis...

These are very simple yes/no questions... Stupidly constructed cop-outs are not welcome =)

I'm not a Christian, but I'll answer these as if I was. A futile devil's advocacy, I suppose.

1) Do you believe that homosexuality (and homosexual behavior) is morally wrong?

Yes.

2) Do you believe that God cares personally where you put your penis (or vagina)?

Yes.

3) Do you believe that some buttsecks down the street invalidates your marriage?

No.

4) Is the buttsecks down the street in any way hurting you?

No.

5) Do you believe that you are going to be punished by your God for letting buttsecks continue?

No.

6) Is buttsecks any more a threat to the sanctity of marriage than, say, Britney Spears?

They're both detrimental to the sanctity of marriage, and I condone neither.

******************************************************

A second set of questions where an explanation is acceptable...

1) Why do you care where other people put their genitalia?

It's immoral, and, as such, I'm making a judgment call. I care enough about my fellow man to want to warn them.

2) What justification is there in your faith for condemning homosexuality? I.e., is there any reason other than "God said so?"

No, and there needn't be any other reason than that.

3) Why is other people's sexual behavior a threat to your marriage or salvation?

It's not a threat to my marriage specifically. I won't get divorced just because two dudes are doing it next door. It's simply abhorrent, and it would be quite immoral, given the immorality of homosexuality, to treat that union with the same respect given to a legitimate heterosexual marriage.

4) Suppose Jeff and Melinda are having anal intercourse... why are they different from a homosexual couple?

They're heterosexual; however, both couples are acting immorally by committing sodomy.

5) Most importantly... if you are not going to hell because Jeff and Tom are having buttsecks, then why are you so interested in what they are doing?

I care about their souls. Hate the sin, love the sinner. I would say that it's better for them to deny themselves such sinful, worldly pleasures than to deny themselves eternal joy in the home of God.

Does it affect you?

Their predicament affects me.

How?

It affects me in the same way that any immoral action affects me. I'm disgusted by the immorality, though I see no man as being above salvation and forgiveness.
Brendan21
Posts: 294
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/6/2010 5:24:26 PM
Posted: 6 years ago
At 9/6/2010 4:57:13 PM, Cody_Franklin wrote:
At 9/6/2010 2:17:44 PM, JustCallMeTarzan wrote:

6) Is buttsecks any more a threat to the sanctity of marriage than, say, Britney Spears?

They're both detrimental to the sanctity of marriage, and I condone neither.

Nice, lol
JustCallMeTarzan
Posts: 1,922
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/6/2010 7:56:38 PM
Posted: 6 years ago
At 9/6/2010 4:57:13 PM, Cody_Franklin wrote:

1) Why do you care where other people put their genitalia?

It's immoral, and, as such, I'm making a judgment call. I care enough about my fellow man to want to warn them.

Warn them of WHAT, exactly? That they're going to put their penis where they meant? Holy cow! Call the press!

3) Why is other people's sexual behavior a threat to your marriage or salvation?

It's not a threat to my marriage specifically. I won't get divorced just because two dudes are doing it next door. It's simply abhorrent, and it would be quite immoral, given the immorality of homosexuality, to treat that union with the same respect given to a legitimate heterosexual marriage.

Wait... given that it's wrong, it's wrong... ok... Where do you get the "given the immorality of homosexuality" ??

4) Suppose Jeff and Melinda are having anal intercourse... why are they different from a homosexual couple?

They're heterosexual; however, both couples are acting immorally by committing sodomy.

Which is immoral because??? Because God cares intimately about exactly which parts of you touch other people where??

5) Most importantly... if you are not going to hell because Jeff and Tom are having buttsecks, then why are you so interested in what they are doing?

I care about their souls. Hate the sin, love the sinner. I would say that it's better for them to deny themselves such sinful, worldly pleasures than to deny themselves eternal joy in the home of God.

You are aware, I suppose, that these sinful worldly pleasures are only "wrong" by virtue of someone else saying so?

********************************************************

Here's the heart of the matter:

2) Do you believe that God cares personally where you put your penis (or vagina)?

Yes.

Why?
wjmelements
Posts: 8,206
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/6/2010 8:10:19 PM
Posted: 6 years ago
At 9/6/2010 2:17:44 PM, JustCallMeTarzan wrote:
These are very simple yes/no questions... Stupidly constructed cop-outs are not welcome =)
1) Do you believe that homosexuality (and homosexual behavior) is morally wrong?
No.
2) Do you believe that God cares personally where you put your penis (or vagina)?
Undecided.
3) Do you believe that some buttsecks down the street invalidates your marriage?
No.
4) Is the buttsecks down the street in any way hurting you?
No.
5) Do you believe that you are going to be punished by your God for letting buttsecks continue?
No.
6) Is buttsecks any more a threat to the sanctity of marriage than, say, Britney Spears?
No.

A second set of questions where an explanation is acceptable...

1) Why do you care where other people put their genitalia?
I do not.
2) What justification is there in your faith for condemning homosexuality? I.e., is there any reason other than "God said so?"
I do not.
3) Why is other people's sexual behavior a threat to your marriage or salvation?
It is not.
4) Suppose Jeff and Melinda are having anal intercourse... why are they different from a homosexual couple?
They are not.
5) Most importantly... if you are not going to hell because Jeff and Tom are having buttsecks, then why are you so interested in what they are doing? Does it affect you? How?
I am not. It does not.
in the blink of an eye you finally see the light
lovelife
Posts: 14,629
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/6/2010 8:28:21 PM
Posted: 6 years ago
At 9/6/2010 4:34:28 PM, InsertNameHere wrote:
At 9/6/2010 4:24:44 PM, Brendan21 wrote:
I hope some one actually tries to answer this legitimately eventually.

Well I'm personally opposed to homosexual sex(particularly buttsecks), but I'm not going to try to stop them from getting married and such. If they want to get married they have every right to.

Why? Why should homosexual sex be any more immoral than normal sex (sex is only immoral if non-consenting parties are involved, which could happen in a straight marriage)
Without Royal there is a hole inside of me, I have no choice but to leave
InquireTruth
Posts: 723
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/6/2010 8:44:58 PM
Posted: 6 years ago
4) Is the buttsecks down the street in any way hurting you?

No more than a child molestation down the street hurts me... Questions likes these have no place in discussions of morality.
lovelife
Posts: 14,629
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/6/2010 8:57:29 PM
Posted: 6 years ago
At 9/6/2010 8:44:58 PM, InquireTruth wrote:
4) Is the buttsecks down the street in any way hurting you?

No more than a child molestation down the street hurts me... Questions likes these have no place in discussions of morality.

Child molestation =/= consensual.

If there is a perfectly willing couple having anal sex, how does that affect you or any non-involved parties?
Without Royal there is a hole inside of me, I have no choice but to leave
lovelife
Posts: 14,629
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/6/2010 8:57:53 PM
Posted: 6 years ago
At 9/6/2010 8:57:29 PM, lovelife wrote:
At 9/6/2010 8:44:58 PM, InquireTruth wrote:
4) Is the buttsecks down the street in any way hurting you?

No more than a child molestation down the street hurts me... Questions likes these have no place in discussions of morality.

Child molestation =/= consensual.

If there is a perfectly willing couple having anal sex, how does that affect you or any non-consenting parties?

fixed.
Without Royal there is a hole inside of me, I have no choice but to leave
mattrodstrom
Posts: 12,028
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/6/2010 8:59:45 PM
Posted: 6 years ago
At 9/6/2010 8:57:29 PM, lovelife wrote:
If there is a perfectly willing couple having anal sex, how does that affect you or any non-involved parties?

it doesn't...

but God said said it's wrong... so... it's wrong.
"He who does not know how to put his will into things at least puts a meaning into them: that is, he believes there is a will in them already."

Metaphysics:
"The science.. which deals with the fundamental errors of mankind - but as if they were the fundamental truths."
jharry
Posts: 4,984
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/6/2010 10:34:56 PM
Posted: 6 years ago
At 9/6/2010 2:17:44 PM, JustCallMeTarzan wrote:
This is primarily for Christians, though I suppose it could deal with anyone opposed to homosexuality on a religious basis...

These are very simple yes/no questions... Stupidly constructed cop-outs are not welcome =)

1) Do you believe that homosexuality (and homosexual behavior) is morally wrong?
Yes


2) Do you believe that God cares personally where you put your penis (or vagina)?
Yes


3) Do you believe that some buttsecks down the street invalidates your marriage?
No.


4) Is the buttsecks down the street in any way hurting you?
No.


5) Do you believe that you are going to be punished by your God for letting buttsecks continue?
No


6) Is buttsecks any more a threat to the sanctity of marriage than, say, Britney Spears?
No


******************************************************

A second set of questions where an explanation is acceptable...

1) Why do you care where other people put their genitalia?
I don't. That is between them and God.


2) What justification is there in your faith for condemning homosexuality? I.e., is there any reason other than "God said so?"

3) Why is other people's sexual behavior a threat to your marriage or salvation?
Their not. Not my marriage.


4) Suppose Jeff and Melinda are having anal intercourse... why are they different from a homosexual couple?
No reproduction of life.


5) Most importantly... if you are not going to hell because Jeff and Tom are having buttsecks, then why are you so interested in what they are doing? Does it affect you? How?
No it doesn't effect me personally in any way.
In nomine Patris, et Filii, et Spiritus Sancti. Amen
InsertNameHere
Posts: 15,699
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/6/2010 10:38:24 PM
Posted: 6 years ago
At 9/6/2010 10:34:56 PM, jharry wrote:


1) Why do you care where other people put their genitalia?
I don't. That is between them and God.

3) Why is other people's sexual behavior a threat to your marriage or salvation?
Their not. Not my marriage.

That's pretty much how I feel about those issues too. :/
jharry
Posts: 4,984
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/6/2010 10:40:06 PM
Posted: 6 years ago
At 9/6/2010 10:38:24 PM, InsertNameHere wrote:
At 9/6/2010 10:34:56 PM, jharry wrote:


1) Why do you care where other people put their genitalia?
I don't. That is between them and God.

3) Why is other people's sexual behavior a threat to your marriage or salvation?
Their not. Not my marriage.


That's pretty much how I feel about those issues too. :/

Yeah, I don't see what the big deal is about.
In nomine Patris, et Filii, et Spiritus Sancti. Amen
InsertNameHere
Posts: 15,699
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/6/2010 10:41:35 PM
Posted: 6 years ago
At 9/6/2010 10:40:06 PM, jharry wrote:
At 9/6/2010 10:38:24 PM, InsertNameHere wrote:
At 9/6/2010 10:34:56 PM, jharry wrote:


1) Why do you care where other people put their genitalia?
I don't. That is between them and God.

3) Why is other people's sexual behavior a threat to your marriage or salvation?
Their not. Not my marriage.


That's pretty much how I feel about those issues too. :/

Yeah, I don't see what the big deal is about.

Yea, which is why I say gays should be allowed to get married. It's not harming me.
lovelife
Posts: 14,629
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/6/2010 10:44:15 PM
Posted: 6 years ago
At 9/6/2010 8:59:45 PM, mattrodstrom wrote:
At 9/6/2010 8:57:29 PM, lovelife wrote:
If there is a perfectly willing couple having anal sex, how does that affect you or any non-involved parties?

it doesn't...

but God said said it's wrong... so... it's wrong.

If you don't believe in God you should not be required to live by his laws, unless what you do <negatively> affects other people. No laws should exist forcing religious beliefs on people, nor should religious people be allowed to tell who can do what outside of the church.
Its called seperation of church and state.
Without Royal there is a hole inside of me, I have no choice but to leave
jharry
Posts: 4,984
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/6/2010 10:45:45 PM
Posted: 6 years ago
At 9/6/2010 10:41:35 PM, InsertNameHere wrote:
At 9/6/2010 10:40:06 PM, jharry wrote:
At 9/6/2010 10:38:24 PM, InsertNameHere wrote:
At 9/6/2010 10:34:56 PM, jharry wrote:


1) Why do you care where other people put their genitalia?
I don't. That is between them and God.

3) Why is other people's sexual behavior a threat to your marriage or salvation?
Their not. Not my marriage.


That's pretty much how I feel about those issues too. :/

Yeah, I don't see what the big deal is about.

Yea, which is why I say gays should be allowed to get married. It's not harming me.

Civil union, I don't care. But not in Church by a Priest. Well, forcing a Priest to marry anyway.
In nomine Patris, et Filii, et Spiritus Sancti. Amen
InsertNameHere
Posts: 15,699
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/6/2010 10:46:47 PM
Posted: 6 years ago
At 9/6/2010 10:45:45 PM, jharry wrote:

Civil union, I don't care. But not in Church by a Priest. Well, forcing a Priest to marry anyway.

Yea, I don't think religious institutions should be forced to marry people against their will. It should be up to the individual congregation.
Korashk
Posts: 4,597
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/6/2010 10:48:32 PM
Posted: 6 years ago
Priests marrying people is a common misconception, and the notion that they would be forced to marry gay couples is a retarded thing to think.
When large numbers of otherwise-law abiding people break specific laws en masse, it's usually a fault that lies with the law. - Unknown
lovelife
Posts: 14,629
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/6/2010 10:50:47 PM
Posted: 6 years ago
At 9/6/2010 10:41:35 PM, InsertNameHere wrote:
At 9/6/2010 10:40:06 PM, jharry wrote:
At 9/6/2010 10:38:24 PM, InsertNameHere wrote:
At 9/6/2010 10:34:56 PM, jharry wrote:


1) Why do you care where other people put their genitalia?
I don't. That is between them and God.

3) Why is other people's sexual behavior a threat to your marriage or salvation?
Their not. Not my marriage.


That's pretty much how I feel about those issues too. :/

Yeah, I don't see what the big deal is about.

Yea, which is why I say gays should be allowed to get married. It's not harming me.

Here's what my dad said on the issue when I debated him on it:

"Gays should not be allowed to be married because that teaches chilren it is okay to be gay."

"So its not okay to be yourslef?"

"Not if your gay, God does not allow gays into heaven and I don't want gays and their agenda forcing themselves on us or our children. AA says that X% of gays should be hired, but there is no obvious discrimination against gays, nor are they more than 1% of the population. Even adding in "bisexuals" they only make up .8% of the people, so that is proof that they are not natural, and should not be treated the same, nor should they be allowed to force themselves on me or my children"

".......Ummmm like straights forcing themselves on gays?"

"You know when I was your age the debate was if abortion should be taught as birth control"

"what does that have to do with gays?"

"Abortion is murder and if you don't believe me I can show you videos."

"Has to do with gays being married how?"

"My prom date had an abortion and told me about it"

"Was he gay?"

Take it to mean its not a defendable position -_-
Without Royal there is a hole inside of me, I have no choice but to leave
jharry
Posts: 4,984
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/6/2010 10:50:52 PM
Posted: 6 years ago
At 9/6/2010 10:48:32 PM, Korashk wrote:
Priests marrying people is a common misconception, and the notion that they would be forced to marry gay couples is a retarded thing to think.

The more you let one or nine people decide for millions the closer you get. In my opinion anyway.
In nomine Patris, et Filii, et Spiritus Sancti. Amen
lovelife
Posts: 14,629
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/6/2010 10:53:18 PM
Posted: 6 years ago
At 9/6/2010 10:46:47 PM, InsertNameHere wrote:
At 9/6/2010 10:45:45 PM, jharry wrote:

Civil union, I don't care. But not in Church by a Priest. Well, forcing a Priest to marry anyway.

Yea, I don't think religious institutions should be forced to marry people against their will. It should be up to the individual congregation.

No, nobody should be forced to marry someone, if it goes against their belief. Several other non-religious people have the same authority as far as marrying others, so it does no harm.
If the religious would marry the gays it would show more acceptance and godliness, but it is their choice not to wed a couple, as should the choice to get married to whomever you want be up to you, not some religious book.
Without Royal there is a hole inside of me, I have no choice but to leave