Jump to topic:

Nature Instead of Gods

Loque
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/6/2015 2:22:57 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
Why don't we all worship nature instead of gods?

Nature (everything from rain to moon to plants and animals) is really the closest entity we have a connection to. We exist in and have come from nature. We all have experienced rain, some sunburn...

It's all around, and we rely upon it for survival, especially rain. It's complex, unpredictable, and a lot of it can't be controlled. It's unquestionably real and is much "bigger" than any of us, considering its existence outside Earth.

Lets all just go out and worship the totality of it all. No "great" figures or "prophets" who, back in the day, were probably just people who told really engaging stories to pass time. For example, I think about the Greek mythology and the Greek gods from long ago. Are the stories just fiction today or what?

Do you think worshiping the totality of nature is a "good" idea? What you do atheists think, considering nature's not actually a god. Theists? Any rational objections?

I want to hear arguments from both sides.
Mobutu
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/6/2015 2:25:47 PM
At 9/6/2015 2:22:57 PM, Loque wrote:

Nature (everything from rain to moon to plants and animals) is really the closest entity we have a connection to. We exist in and have come from nature. We all have experienced rain, some sunburn...

It's all around, and we rely upon it for survival, especially rain. It's complex, unpredictable, and a lot of it can't be controlled. It's unquestionably real and is much "bigger" than any of us, considering its existence outside Earth.

Lets all just go out and worship the totality of it all. No "great" figures or "prophets" who, back in the day, were probably just people who told really engaging stories to pass time. For example, I think about the Greek mythology and the Greek gods from long ago. Are the stories just fiction today or what?

Do you think worshiping the totality of nature is a "good" idea? What you do atheists think, considering nature's not actually a god. Theists? Any rational objections?

No. This is literally the Paganism that Christianity destroyed because it was so weak. It offers no sense of unity that other religions do.
b_sorelson
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/6/2015 2:30:23 PM

I want to hear arguments from both sides. : :

Isaiah 45:
20: "Assemble yourselves and come, draw near together, you survivors of the nations! They have no knowledge who carry about their wooden idols, and keep on praying to a god that cannot save.

Jeremiah 10
14: Every man is stupid and without knowledge; every goldsmith is put to shame by his idols; for his images are false, and there is no breath in them.

Nature didn't create us. Nature and man was created.
uncung
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/6/2015 2:59:19 PM

nature is created by God.
desmac
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/6/2015 3:10:48 PM
No amount of worshipping can change nature. We can all study nature and hope to learn more about it. The more we know of nature the more certain we can be that there are no gods.
12_13
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/6/2015 6:54:44 PM
Do you think worshiping the totality of nature is a "good" idea?

I think it would be as wise as keeping your left foot shoe as god.