Jump to topic:

No proof for atheists or theists.

b_sorelson
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/7/2015 2:07:13 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
To argue whether God exists or not is futile because God cannot be seen. He is outside of His creation.

If you are looking for proof, then I consider you atheists and theists come together and say, "I don't know who God is".

Those of you who do know God cannot change anyone's thoughts. You can't even change your own thoughts.

God bless those who know God,
Your trusted Servant David.
tstor
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/7/2015 2:12:20 AM
At 9/7/2015 2:07:13 AM, b_sorelson wrote:
To argue whether God exists or not is futile because God cannot be seen. He is outside of His creation.

If you are looking for proof, then I consider you atheists and theists come together and say, "I don't know who God is".

Those of you who do know God cannot change anyone's thoughts. You can't even change your own thoughts.

David?
"The afternoon came down as imperceptibly as age comes to a happy man. A little gold entered into the sunlight. The bay became bluer and dimpled with shore-wind ripples. Those lonely fishermen who believe that the fish bite at high tide left their rocks, and their places were taken by others, who were convinced that the fish bite at low tide." (John Steinbeck; Tortilla Flat, 1935)
b_sorelson
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/7/2015 3:55:41 AM
At 9/7/2015 2:12:20 AM, tstor wrote:

David? : :

Servant David is God's thoughts where we were all born. The Servant David will be known by ALL God's people in the next age called the New Heaven and Earth.

Servant David is also known as the Word of the Lord, or the Voice of the Lord.

Ezekiel 34
22: I will save my flock, they shall no longer be a prey; and I will judge between sheep and sheep.
23: And I will set up over them one shepherd, my servant David, and he shall feed them: he shall feed them and be their shepherd.
24: And I, the LORD, will be their God, and my servant David shall be prince among them; I, the LORD, have spoken.
Harikrish
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/7/2015 4:01:20 AM
At 9/7/2015 3:55:41 AM, b_sorelson wrote:

Servant David is God's thoughts where we were all born. The Servant David will be known by ALL God's people in the next age called the New Heaven and Earth.

Ezekiel 34
22: I will save my flock, they shall no longer be a prey; and I will judge between sheep and sheep.
23: And I will set up over them one shepherd, my servant David, and he shall feed them: he shall feed them and be their shepherd.
24: And I, the LORD, will be their God, and my servant David shall be prince among them; I, the LORD, have spoken.

That prophesy has already been fulfilled. David became king and passed his kingdom onto Solomon when he died. You need to work on your scriptures, Brad.
tstor
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/7/2015 4:02:00 AM

Ezekiel 34
So does that mean I have read God's thoughts?
"The afternoon came down as imperceptibly as age comes to a happy man. A little gold entered into the sunlight. The bay became bluer and dimpled with shore-wind ripples. Those lonely fishermen who believe that the fish bite at high tide left their rocks, and their places were taken by others, who were convinced that the fish bite at low tide." (John Steinbeck; Tortilla Flat, 1935)
b_sorelson
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/7/2015 4:05:08 AM
At 9/7/2015 4:01:20 AM, Harikrish wrote:

Ezekiel 34

That prophesy has already been fulfilled. David became king and passed his kingdom onto Solomon when he died. You need to work on your scriptures, Brad. : :

Are you sure you're not Jewish? LOL !!!!!!! Actually, most Christians are deceived by the prophecies, too.
Harikrish
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/7/2015 4:09:55 AM
At 9/7/2015 4:05:08 AM, b_sorelson wrote:

Ezekiel 34

That prophesy has already been fulfilled. David became king and passed his kingdom onto Solomon when he died. You need to work on your scriptures, Brad. : :

Are you sure you're not Jewish? LOL !!!!!!! Actually, most Christians are deceived by the prophecies, too.

That is the least of your problems. You are scripturally illiterate.
b_sorelson
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/7/2015 4:39:56 AM
At 9/7/2015 4:02:00 AM, tstor wrote:

Ezekiel 34
So does that mean I have read God's thoughts? : :

All thoughts come from God. Some come as Satan and the Beast and other's come as Christ. However, all these thoughts are invisible and can only be believed by God's people.

Are you thinking from the Beast and Satan, Christ or all of them?
b_sorelson
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/7/2015 4:41:04 AM
At 9/7/2015 4:09:55 AM, Harikrish wrote:

Ezekiel 34

That is the least of your problems. You are scripturally illiterate. : :

You are not a born again saint who is used by God to testify to His knowledge. If anyone trusts your words, they will be totally deceived.
uncung
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/7/2015 4:57:16 AM

You must be a Hindu. They believe also in God.
b_sorelson
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/7/2015 4:59:20 AM
At 9/7/2015 4:57:16 AM, uncung wrote:

You must be a Hindu. They believe also in God. : :

You must be focused on the wrong thread.
Harikrish
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/7/2015 5:30:07 AM
At 9/7/2015 4:41:04 AM, b_sorelson wrote:
At 9/7/2015 4:09:55 AM, Harikrish wrote:

Ezekiel 34

That is the least of your problems. You are scripturally illiterate. : :

You are not a born again saint who is used by God to testify to His knowledge. If anyone trusts your words, they will be totally deceived.

And you are Brad Holkesvig.

You wrote:"The flesh called bornofgod in this forum is the liar that God has to keep under control by humbling him. bornofgod is Brad Holkesvig in the flesh that God is using to reveal Himself and His knowledge. Brad Holkesvig is the flesh that is going to be killed according to God's plan. Brad Holkesvig is nothing but an illusion and a liar. I could care less about Brad Holkesvig and his life here in this world which will be destroyed by Me, very soon. "
Skepticalone
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/7/2015 5:47:21 AM

No proof is needed to reject an unwarranted belief in an unsubstantiated claim (God exists).
This thread is like eavesdropping on a conversation in a mental asylum. - Bulproof

You can call your invisible friends whatever you like. - Desmac

What the hell kind of coked up sideshow has this thread turned into. - Casten
b_sorelson
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/7/2015 5:59:25 AM
At 9/7/2015 5:47:21 AM, Skepticalone wrote:

No proof is needed to reject an unwarranted belief in an unsubstantiated claim (God exists). : :

It's all about belief, not physical proof.
uncung
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/7/2015 6:15:21 AM
At 9/7/2015 5:59:25 AM, b_sorelson wrote:

No proof is needed to reject an unwarranted belief in an unsubstantiated claim (God exists). : :

belief requires also qualified proof. You must know Hindu also believe that Cows are Gods incarnation.
b_sorelson
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/7/2015 6:35:41 AM
At 9/7/2015 6:15:21 AM, uncung wrote:

belief requires also qualified proof. You must know Hindu also believe that Cows are Gods incarnation.: :

When you listen to a history teacher teach about the past, do you need proof of the thoughts that the teacher is using to teach you with?
uncung
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/7/2015 6:46:23 AM
At 9/7/2015 6:35:41 AM, b_sorelson wrote:

belief requires also qualified proof. You must know Hindu also believe that Cows are Gods incarnation.: :

When you listen to a history teacher teach about the past, do you need proof of the thoughts that the teacher is using to teach you with?

History always provides the proof. If not then it would be fallen into myth.
b_sorelson
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/7/2015 6:56:58 AM
At 9/7/2015 6:46:23 AM, uncung wrote:

History always provides the proof. If not then it would be fallen into myth. : :

History is the worst proof there is because it's all subjective. When someone finds bones in the ground and tells a story about those bones such as evolution, you can only believe the story teller. The bones are not evidence that the story is true.
annanicole
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/7/2015 7:03:12 AM
At 9/7/2015 6:56:58 AM, b_sorelson wrote:
At 9/7/2015 6:46:23 AM, uncung wrote:

History always provides the proof. If not then it would be fallen into myth. : :

History is the worst proof there is because it's all subjective. When someone finds bones in the ground and tells a story about those bones such as evolution, you can only believe the story teller. The bones are not evidence that the story is true.

Changing your name to David isn't gonna help you much. You're the same old lunatic, no matter what name you're under.
Madcornishbiker: "No, I don't need a dictionary, I know how scripture uses words and that is all I need to now."
Fly
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/7/2015 7:23:51 AM
All a person has to do is ask himself a question along the lines of: "If it turns out I was wrong about God's existence or God's nature, would I feel that my life's efforts were largely wasted?"

No proof required if your priorities in life would remain largely unchanged either way.

Humorous anecdote regarding that idea:

I remember hearing a church teacher paraphrase Paul: "If Christ did not, in fact, die for our sins, then we might as well head down to the bar!"

I remember thinking, "Actually, that doesn't sound like a bad idea either way!"
"You don't have a right to be a jerk."
--Religion Forum's hypocrite extraordinaire serving up lulz
uncung
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/7/2015 7:37:50 AM

then it is your task to disprove them.
b_sorelson
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/7/2015 7:55:05 AM
At 9/7/2015 7:23:51 AM, Fly wrote:
All a person has to do is ask himself a question along the lines of: "If it turns out I was wrong about God's existence or God's nature, would I feel that my life's efforts were largely wasted?"

No proof required if your priorities in life would remain largely unchanged either way.

Humorous anecdote regarding that idea:

I remember hearing a church teacher paraphrase Paul: "If Christ did not, in fact, die for our sins, then we might as well head down to the bar!"

I remember thinking, "Actually, that doesn't sound like a bad idea either way!" : :

I'll meet you at the bar and preach Christ to you.
b_sorelson
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/7/2015 7:56:17 AM
At 9/7/2015 7:37:50 AM, uncung wrote:

then it is your task to disprove them. : :

I could care less where bones came from. I do know that all the bones that die in this world will melt in hot molten lava soon.
Skepticalone
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/7/2015 1:05:11 PM
At 9/7/2015 7:56:17 AM, b_sorelson wrote:
At 9/7/2015 7:37:50 AM, uncung wrote:

then it is your task to disprove them. : :

I could care less where bones came from. I do know that all the bones that die in this world will melt in hot molten lava soon.

Yea... I'm just going to refer you to my Sig. This thread has been completely derailed by nonsense.
This thread is like eavesdropping on a conversation in a mental asylum. - Bulproof

You can call your invisible friends whatever you like. - Desmac

What the hell kind of coked up sideshow has this thread turned into. - Casten