Jump to topic:

We Must See Ourselves as One Yet Divided

s-anthony
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/7/2015 5:41:34 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
The individual and the collective speaks of two distinct realities: the finite being separated in space and time and of that which even though he, or she, is a part transcends the individual.

The two realities, one of the physical (or material) and the other of the spiritual (or metaphysical,) are distinct yet integrated realities that cannot be ignored. They are essential to our integrity as a species and our evolutionary well being.

In modern times, we have reached a contentious point between the spiritualist and the materialist, one seeing little to no value in the other, in some cases forcefully opposing the other.

Yet, I believe these extremes go to our detriment as a species. In sterilizing society from a materialistic mindset, we in turn erase all boundaries, we create a collective that is defined by an absolute proclivity to a stifling singlemindedness. However, in purging society of any sense of spirituality and seeing ourselves as nothing more than beings suspended in space and time, all sentimentality is lost and our relationships with each other become strictly utilitarian.

The goal of life should be to see ourselves not only as individuals but also as a universe of sentient beings, not only as separated in space and time but also connected by an underlying force and a unifying energy that pervades every fiber of each of our beings, not only that which we see but also that which we cannot see, the mechanistic workings of each and every part swallowed by a mystery and a romance which can only be described by a heart lost in awe and wonder of the unknown.
Electric-Eccentric
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/7/2015 9:06:53 AM
in modern times?

I find that statement funny as there is no such reality as modern times.

It's just an illusion of TIME that man has created.

nothing new under the sun means that NO solutions or agreements are found as most are not seeking them in HONEST TRUTH.

most just want to remain like little children.

problem is that as most people age they just become overgrown angry toddlers that get upset when they don't get their way.

did any of what I wrote offend or UPSET anyone?
Life is what YOU make it,
Most just try and fake it...
s-anthony
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/7/2015 12:50:25 PM
At 9/7/2015 9:06:53 AM, Electric-Eccentric wrote:
in modern times?

I find that statement funny as there is no such reality as modern times.

It's just an illusion of TIME that man has created.

Even though I agree there is nothing new under the sun, I believe individualism has progressively become a greater phenomenon than it has in recorded memory.

nothing new under the sun means that NO solutions or agreements are found as most are not seeking them in HONEST TRUTH.

The problem I believe is not we, as a collective, are not seeking solutions but, in many cases, that which one may see as a solution another may see as a problem.

We're dealing with primarily two phenomena, individualism and collectivism; one sees remedies to life's difficulties as a very personal and private matter with reliance on the group as an indication of weakness while the other sees the solutions to life's problems as being something we must face collectively; in other words, the individualist puts more value in oneself than he, or she, does the collective and the collectivist puts greater value in the collective than he, or she, does oneself. To complicate matters even more, there are many collectives in any single society with often times conflicting views.

most just want to remain like little children.

problem is that as most people age they just become overgrown angry toddlers that get upset when they don't get their way.

did any of what I wrote offend or UPSET anyone?