Jump to topic:

Hello Theist

MarquisX
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/7/2010 6:18:27 PM
Posted: 6 years ago
This is for everyone really, as was my Hello Atheist pt 1 and 2.

http://www.kwtx.com...

I'm sure you've heard about this and someone probably already posted it but I just want to get to know your thoughts. Personally I think it's beyond wrong, beyond evil. And if this happens, I will not claim to be any religion and I give up on humans as a race. I will still have my beliefs; however idiotic you may or may not think they are, but I will never say I'm religious or Christian again. If these people go to heaven I'd rather burn in hell.
Sophisticated ignorance, write my curses in cursive
InsertNameHere
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/7/2010 6:31:47 PM
This has been discussed here already a few times. However, I do fully agree that it's a bad move. It not only causes more demonization of muslims due to extremists over-reacting, but the link also makes a legit point that the extremists in Afghanistan will also the troops there out of anger for American bigotry.

As I said in another thread I was considering burning Bibles in response, but realized that sinking down to the same level would probably be a bad decision. You can't fight hate with hate. Best thing for people to do is just educate others, muslims in particular. Instead of rioting muslims should go around and try to educate people. Not really preaching, but just some information so others can open their eyes a bit.

P.S- I doubt these bigots will be going to heaven as they're not real Christians. I'm pretty sure Jesus would be disgusted with these "Christians" burning other religious books, especially ones that speak highly of him. ;)
InsertNameHere
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/7/2010 6:39:57 PM
At 9/7/2010 6:39:23 PM, Koopin wrote:
At 9/7/2010 6:35:37 PM, InsertNameHere wrote:
*also target

Do it how you do it come on walk it out.

I was correcting a typo.
Rusty
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/7/2010 7:06:27 PM
At 9/7/2010 6:18:27 PM, MarquisX wrote:

I'm sure you've heard about this and someone probably already posted it but I just want to get to know your thoughts. Personally I think it's beyond wrong, beyond evil. And if this happens, I will not claim to be any religion and I give up on humans as a race. I will still have my beliefs; however idiotic you may or may not think they are, but I will never say I'm religious or Christian again. If these people go to heaven I'd rather burn in hell.

Just wondering, are you saying you won't be a Christian or that you won't label yourself as a Christian?
InsertNameHere
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/7/2010 7:13:01 PM
At 9/7/2010 7:06:27 PM, Denote wrote:

Just wondering, are you saying you won't be a Christian or that you won't label yourself as a Christian?

I'm guessing that'll be too ashamed to label himself as a christian. tbh, I probably would be too if I was one and my fellow "christians" were doing something idiotic like this.
Rusty
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/7/2010 7:25:49 PM
At 9/7/2010 7:13:01 PM, InsertNameHere wrote:

I'm guessing that'll be too ashamed to label himself as a christian. tbh, I probably would be too if I was one and my fellow "christians" were doing something idiotic like this.

Doesn't that scream double standard to you, though? People like these (the burners) are often accused of being Islamophobic- attaching something negative to Muslims because of the actions of a few extremists. How is attaching something negative to Christians, to the point where you won't even label yourself as one, because of the group in Gainesville any different?
Rusty
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/7/2010 7:27:29 PM
By the way, I'm -Not- defending the activity, I simply thought the whole, "I'm not going to call myself a Christian if they do this..." part was odd.
annhasle
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/7/2010 7:27:55 PM
At 9/7/2010 7:27:29 PM, Denote wrote:
By the way, I'm -Not- defending the activity, I simply thought the whole, "I'm not going to call myself a Christian if they do this..." part was odd.

This.
I'm not back. This idiot just upset me which made me stop lurking.
InsertNameHere
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/7/2010 7:37:24 PM
Ok, I just realized something; muslims print the Qur'an and by Christians getting large amounts of them to burn muslims are getting money in the process so in a way this could be helping muslims. Then again, I'm pretty sure there's a rule against selling islamic teachings for profit.
juvanya
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/7/2010 7:50:39 PM
At 9/7/2010 6:31:47 PM, InsertNameHere wrote:
Instead of rioting muslims should go around and try to educate people.
They should.
Brendan21
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/7/2010 7:52:39 PM
At 9/7/2010 7:37:24 PM, InsertNameHere wrote:
Ok, I just realized something; muslims print the Qur'an and by Christians getting large amounts of them to burn muslims are getting money in the process so in a way this could be helping muslims. Then again, I'm pretty sure there's a rule against selling islamic teachings for profit.

lol, probably.
InsertNameHere
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/7/2010 7:57:41 PM
At 9/7/2010 7:52:39 PM, Brendan21 wrote:
At 9/7/2010 7:37:24 PM, InsertNameHere wrote:

lol, probably.

Yea, so in reality it's just supporting muslims. ;)
popculturepooka
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/7/2010 9:04:31 PM
At 9/7/2010 7:27:55 PM, annhasle wrote:
At 9/7/2010 7:27:29 PM, Denote wrote:

This.

Seconded.
At 10/3/2016 11:49:13 PM, thett3 wrote:
BLACK LIVES MATTER!
MarquisX
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/7/2010 9:17:28 PM
At 9/7/2010 7:25:49 PM, Denote wrote:
At 9/7/2010 7:13:01 PM, InsertNameHere wrote:

Doesn't that scream double standard to you, though? People like these (the burners) are often accused of being Islamophobic- attaching something negative to Muslims because of the actions of a few extremists. How is attaching something negative to Christians, to the point where you won't even label yourself as one, because of the group in Gainesville any different?

I'm not attaching this to only Christians. I simply refuse to group myself with any other humans. Humans are intolerant. They are and always will be. Also what I'm doing isn't an insult or hurtful hurt anyone. What they are doing is clearly to make the Muslim people feel bad. Why would you deliberately do something so hateful when you serve a God who doesn't want you too? 1 John 4:8 "He that loveth not, knoweth not God for good is love" Verse 20 says "If a man say, I love God, and hateth his brother, he is a liar: for he that loveth not his brother whom he hath seen, how can he love God whom he hath not seen?"(In that context "brother" simply means fellow man) If they do it, I won't be tied to any organization. I'll simply be someone who believes in God and follows the teachings of Christ
nonentity
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/7/2010 10:02:00 PM
At 9/7/2010 9:17:28 PM, MarquisX wrote:

I'm not attaching this to only Christians. I simply refuse to group myself with any other humans. Humans are intolerant. They are and always will be. Also what I'm doing isn't an insult or hurtful hurt anyone. What they are doing is clearly to make the Muslim people feel bad. Why would you deliberately do something so hateful when you serve a God who doesn't want you too? 1 John 4:8 "He that loveth not, knoweth not God for good is love" Verse 20 says "If a man say, I love God, and hateth his brother, he is a liar: for he that loveth not his brother whom he hath seen, how can he love God whom he hath not seen?"(In that context "brother" simply means fellow man) If they do it, I won't be tied to any organization. I'll simply be someone who believes in God and follows the teachings of Christ

So basically, you're willing to discard any redeeming qualities in every human being? As for your verse 20, isn't that what you would effectively be doing?
lovelife
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/7/2010 10:15:52 PM

That has me scared. I wonder if Panda still thinks its just one group and all they do is burn books.
Without Royal there is a hole inside of me, I have no choice but to leave
InsertNameHere
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/7/2010 10:19:55 PM
At 9/7/2010 10:15:52 PM, lovelife wrote:

That has me scared. I wonder if Panda still thinks its just one group and all they do is burn books.

They're stabbing people and vandalizing mosques. They clearly do more than just burn books. I guess I should prepare a few hiding spots in my house in case of a second holocaust. :P
MarquisX
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/7/2010 10:22:02 PM
At 9/7/2010 10:02:00 PM, TulleKrazy wrote:
At 9/7/2010 9:17:28 PM, MarquisX wrote:

So basically, you're willing to discard any redeeming qualities in every human being? As for your verse 20, isn't that what you would effectively be doing?

What are you talking about? I'm saying Humans, as a race will always be intolerant and I refuse to be. Are you angry with me because I don't want to be intolerant?That I'm being intolerant of intolerance? Furthermore I never said I hated intolerant people did I. My decision is mine to make alone and its not hurtful to anyone like the burning of the Quran.
lovelife
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/7/2010 10:22:10 PM
At 9/7/2010 10:19:55 PM, InsertNameHere wrote:

They're stabbing people and vandalizing mosques. They clearly do more than just burn books. I guess I should prepare a few hiding spots in my house in case of a second holocaust. :P

I'm seriously scared. And about the whole mosque thing ppl keep getting pissed at Obama but wtf, seperation of church and state, Obama has 0 say in where a religion can be taught and practiced, he cannot condemn nor condone it, so ppl need to stop being dumb and stop being pissy that he isn't opposed to it.
InsertNameHere
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/7/2010 10:26:22 PM
At 9/7/2010 10:22:10 PM, lovelife wrote:

I'm seriously scared. And about the whole mosque thing ppl keep getting pissed at Obama but wtf, seperation of church and state, Obama has 0 say in where a religion can be taught and practiced, he cannot condemn nor condone it, so ppl need to stop being dumb and stop being pissy that he isn't opposed to it.

I actually find that funny how so many Americans support separation of church and state, but then those same people turn around and whine about a mosque being built. Of course the government can't do anything about it as that would be interfering with separation of church and state. They wanted separation of church and state, they got it! ;)
lovelife
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/7/2010 10:37:20 PM
At 9/7/2010 10:26:22 PM, InsertNameHere wrote:

I actually find that funny how so many Americans support separation of church and state, but then those same people turn around and whine about a mosque being built. Of course the government can't do anything about it as that would be interfering with separation of church and state. They wanted separation of church and state, they got it! ;)

Most people don't support it. Not most that I've met. They think laws must be founded in religion and my many think the US needs to be christian with christian morals.
InsertNameHere
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/7/2010 10:42:52 PM
At 9/7/2010 10:37:20 PM, lovelife wrote:

Most people don't support it. Not most that I've met. They think laws must be founded in religion and my many think the US needs to be christian with christian morals.

It depends who you're talking to and where you are I think. You're in Oklahoma so there's probably many people there who support religious laws. I have talked to so many liberal americans who don't support religious laws.
lovelife
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/7/2010 10:52:41 PM
At 9/7/2010 10:42:52 PM, InsertNameHere wrote:
At 9/7/2010 10:37:20 PM, lovelife wrote:

It depends who you're talking to and where you are I think. You're in Oklahoma so there's probably many people there who support religious laws. I have talked to so many liberal americans who don't support religious laws.

People up north too, like my dad. Also almost everyone I know in California. I love the place, hate the people. I don't even hate the people, just their mindset.
the-good-teacher
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/8/2010 12:58:00 AM

-------------

When a group or individual claim to be Christian, in my experience the chances are they are not

"few be there that find it"
I remember learning about Freemason Mormons who claiming to be christian, slaughtered innocent men women and children on their ancient Egyptian and satanic New Year day 9/11, 1857. under the leadership of their Freemason Prophet B Young.

Obviously B Young managed to distanced himself from these satanic New Year celebrations and the debates continue to this day as to his personal involvement.
http://en.wikipedia.org...

Oh, and murdering Freemason bible burning Hitler claimed himself to be a christian, long before 9/11 1944 when the Freemason US Government witnessed their troops enter German soil for the first time and..... well that's a story for another time.

I'm not saying Freemason President Roosevelt had anything to do with the military advancement, because I know on that date he was at a meeting in Canada attended by fellow Freemasons Churchill, and Mackenzie king, no doubt enjoying some NY 9/11 celebrations

-------------------------------o O--^5 --
InsertNameHere
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/8/2010 1:41:14 AM
At 9/8/2010 12:58:00 AM, the-good-teacher wrote:

Everything is a conspiracy created by freemasons.

I think you and Geo may get along. Have you talked to him? :)
the-good-teacher
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/8/2010 2:19:48 AM
At 9/8/2010 1:41:14 AM, InsertNameHere wrote:
At 9/8/2010 12:58:00 AM, the-good-teacher wrote:

Everything is a conspiracy created by freemasons.

I think you and Geo may get along. Have you talked to him? :)

----------

"Everything is a conspiracy created by freemasons". - where did you dig this garbage up from ?
(Freemasons should be spelled with an upper case "F")

-----------------------------------o O---^5 ---
Cerebral_Narcissist
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/8/2010 3:44:36 AM
At 9/7/2010 10:26:22 PM, InsertNameHere wrote:

Extremist nut jobs always make life harder for themselves. Simply re-classify Islam as a hostile political movement (or the bits of it you don't like) and you are free to do whatever!
I am voting for Innomen because of his intelligence, common sense, humility and the fact that Juggle appears to listen to him. Any other Presidential style would have a large sub-section of the site up in arms. If I was President I would destroy the site though elitism, others would let it run riot. Innomen represents a middle way that works, neither draconian nor anarchic and that is the only way things can work. Plus he does it all without ego trips.