Jump to topic:

Is Calvinism Satanic Doctrine?

ChristianPunk
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/7/2015 11:38:21 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
As a Reformed (Calvinist) Christian, I believe in the Five Points of Calvinism known as the TULIP.

Are there any Christians or atheists who think this is Satanic?
born_a_spirit
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/7/2015 11:53:23 PM
At 9/7/2015 11:38:21 PM, ChristianPunk wrote:
As a Reformed (Calvinist) Christian, I believe in the Five Points of Calvinism known as the TULIP.

Are there any Christians or atheists who think this is Satanic? : :

It's not any more Satanic than the rest of Christianity. Actually, all religions were formed by the building of false gods starting back in the days of Babylon.

Do you know what the Beast of Daniel and Revelation are about?
ChristianPunk
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/8/2015 12:00:26 AM
At 9/7/2015 11:53:23 PM, born_a_spirit wrote:

It's not any more Satanic than the rest of Christianity. Actually, all religions were formed by the building of false gods starting back in the days of Babylon.

No. Please enlighten me.
born_a_spirit
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/8/2015 12:38:59 AM
At 9/8/2015 12:00:26 AM, ChristianPunk wrote:

No. Please enlighten me. : :

The Beast is God's thoughts that enter man's mind to teach them how to build things with their human hands. Starting soon after the flood, these thoughts caused some chosen leaders to look up into the starry night and use imaginary lines to connect the white dots in the sky. This is how God taught them building shapes such as squares, rectangles, triangles, intersections, characters for written languages and mathematics. In other words, the night sky was God's geometry class.

The reason God had His people build things was to use them to teach us about the future and how He created everything. Now that we have the computer technology that He taught man to build, He can use them to teach me exactly how He spoke His creation into existence.
Outplayz
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/8/2015 12:58:04 AM

It is Satanic if you believe it to be. But, what do you consider Satanic? I've read/listened to some of the Satanic philosophy and it doesn't seem all too bad. Yet, you can be holding a darker version which i would consider bad. Bottom line it comes down to your definition and if you are acting in the way you feel to be Satanic.
ChristianPunk
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/8/2015 1:11:17 AM
At 9/8/2015 12:58:04 AM, Outplayz wrote:

It is Satanic if you believe it to be. But, what do you consider Satanic? I've read/listened to some of the Satanic philosophy and it doesn't seem all too bad. Yet, you can be holding a darker version which i would consider bad. Bottom line it comes down to your definition and if you are acting in the way you feel to be Satanic.

Normally, when Christians refer to Satanic, they view it in the sense of the theistic satanic. Not the atheistic satanism.

Now if you want to test it for yourself, here's the TULIP.

T: Total Depravity- Sin is in every part of one's being, including the mind and will, so that a man cannot save himself.

U: Unconditional Election- God chooses to save people unconditionally; that is, they are not chosen on the basis of their own merit. (This does not mean people can know who the elect are).

L: Limited Atonement- The sacrifice of Christ on the cross was for the purpose of saving the elect.

I: Irresistable Grace- When God has chosen to save someone, He will. Meaning nobody that he chose to save, can say no to his offer.

P: Perseverance of The Saints- Those people God chooses cannot lose their salvation; they will continue to believe. If they fall away, it will be only for a time.

So based on that, would it be considered satanic in any way?
born_a_spirit
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/8/2015 1:22:53 AM
At 9/8/2015 1:11:17 AM, ChristianPunk wrote:

Normally, when Christians refer to Satanic, they view it in the sense of the theistic satanic. Not the atheistic satanism.

T: Total Depravity- Sin is in every part of one's being, including the mind and will, so that a man cannot save himself.

U: Unconditional Election- God chooses to save people unconditionally; that is, they are not chosen on the basis of their own merit. (This does not mean people can know who the elect are).

L: Limited Atonement- The sacrifice of Christ on the cross was for the purpose of saving the elect.

I: Irresistable Grace- When God has chosen to save someone, He will. Meaning nobody that he chose to save, can say no to his offer.

P: Perseverance of The Saints- Those people God chooses cannot lose their salvation; they will continue to believe. If they fall away, it will be only for a time.

Christians don't know what a saint is. They believe they are saints because of what they read in the Bible but that doesn't make them saints at all. It's like reading a comic book called Superman. They can't become Superman by reading about Superman and believing they are Superman.
Outplayz
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/8/2015 1:33:46 AM

I see. So, you mean Satanic against Christianity. This can be played with; especially with semantics. Another Christian that thinks you have fallen of the true path and are advocating this wrong path can consider you Satanic. That is all it really takes. To me, it is not. However, i am not religious ... i am spiritual. My definition of spiritual is what i see, so it can be different; it is just the belief that their is something more. To me, you are not Satanic, to a differing Christian you may be. I will give you both opinion from what you write next.

I would disagree. For a man to save him/herself they would simply have to live for love. Yes, sin is in everyone and i can explain to you why if you'd like from my view. In the end, it comes to what thought you gave the most thumbs up to.

I also believe Christianity believes what you said in regards to sin being in all of us and how to get saved ... you seem not Satanic so far lol.

I believe everyone is god per se (we are all immortal). Thinking this way, you chose to save yourself or keep living as something lower. It is all in your hands what you chose to be. I believe in regards to Christianity, you're still safe.

Who is this elect? I find the story of Christ being a metaphor if he was real or not. It is a story of love to me. It shows me that there are many purposes one can use from this reality, and some use a purpose that will give a good message and sustain its effect through time. Shows me there are more good immortal than the latter.

Well yeah, in my view if we are all immortals ... we will accept our decisions. Look at it as Mortal (living the experience); immortal (planning the experience). Sounds like you are still on with Christianity as well.

Hmm. In regards to Christianity, this sounds like prophets? Am i right. From what i know. There are no more prophets, but can there be seers? I believe people are born with spiritual intelligence just like a musician has an affinity for their craft. We are suppose to know that we can be something more, but we are not suppose to know what ... it would defeat the purpose of this reality ... to have an human experience.

Lol: Based on what i said, do you consider me Satanic? I don't think a Christian would consider you Satanic however.
Skepticalone
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/8/2015 1:45:40 AM

Hey, CP, welcome back!
This thread is like eavesdropping on a conversation in a mental asylum. - Bulproof

You can call your invisible friends whatever you like. - Desmac

What the hell kind of coked up sideshow has this thread turned into. - Casten
annanicole
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/8/2015 2:41:00 AM

Not "Satanic", but a logical nightmare.
Madcornishbiker: "No, I don't need a dictionary, I know how scripture uses words and that is all I need to now."
ChristianPunk
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/8/2015 11:53:54 PM
At 9/8/2015 2:41:00 AM, annanicole wrote:

How so?
ChristianPunk
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/9/2015 1:25:27 AM
At 9/8/2015 1:45:40 AM, Skepticalone wrote:

Hey, CP, welcome back!

Thank you
annanicole
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/9/2015 2:43:03 AM
At 9/8/2015 11:53:54 PM, ChristianPunk wrote:

How so?

Because, for one thing, it has "totally depraved" babies dying in infancy bound for hell.

For another, it has Noah wasting his time preaching for forty years to folks who couldn't possibly act upon what he was saying.

For another, it has the son bearing the iniquity of his father.

For another, it has depravity passed on down the line like a genetic defect or something.

For another, it holds that infants are born sinners with the guilt of sin upon them, but nobody can name a single sin that an infant might commit (although I've seen some rather comical efforts on here to do so.)

And on and on.
Madcornishbiker: "No, I don't need a dictionary, I know how scripture uses words and that is all I need to now."
ChristianPunk
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/10/2015 7:13:04 PM
At 9/9/2015 2:43:03 AM, annanicole wrote:

How so?

Because, for one thing, it has "totally depraved" babies dying in infancy bound for hell.

For another, it has Noah wasting his time preaching for forty years to folks who couldn't possibly act upon what he was saying.

For another, it has depravity passed on down the line like a genetic defect or something.

For another, it holds that infants are born sinners with the guilt of sin upon them, but nobody can name a single sin that an infant might commit (although I've seen some rather comical efforts on here to do so.)

And on and on.

1. Strawman. We believe babies are going to heaven. Infants aren't destined for hell.

2. Noah preached to people because God made him and allowed him to. The non believers.

3. The genetic defect is the sin we inherited from Adam and Eve.

4. Once again. Strawman. I don't believe infants go to hell, because they are innocent at birth, not able to sin. They have to reach the age of accountability before they make a choice.
Mobutu
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/10/2015 7:28:49 PM

But all of Satanism is bad. The devil is evil and will lead you astray from the righteous path and into the lake of fire where all the sinners go. This is why Satanists need to be destroyed.
Harikrish
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/10/2015 7:35:38 PM
At 9/8/2015 12:38:59 AM, born_a_spirit wrote:
At 9/8/2015 12:00:26 AM, ChristianPunk wrote:

No. Please enlighten me. : :

The Beast is God's thoughts that enter man's mind to teach them how to build things with their human hands. Starting soon after the flood, these thoughts caused some chosen leaders to look up into the starry night and use imaginary lines to connect the white dots in the sky. This is how God taught them building shapes such as squares, rectangles, triangles, intersections, characters for written languages and mathematics. In other words, the night sky was God's geometry class.

So what is your level of geometry? Can you show us how it is possible that anyone could learn geometry from the night sky.

The reason God had His people build things was to use them to teach us about the future and how He created everything. Now that we have the computer technology that He taught man to build, He can use them to teach me exactly how He spoke His creation into existence.
annanicole
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/10/2015 7:39:20 PM
At 9/10/2015 7:13:04 PM, ChristianPunk wrote:
At 9/9/2015 2:43:03 AM, annanicole wrote:

How so?

And on and on.

1. Strawman. We believe babies are going to heaven. Infants aren't destined for hell.

Then you have God killing off all of the elect babies in the flood, yet killing no non-elect babies.

2. Noah preached to people because God made him and allowed him to. The non believers.

.... and God foreordained that it would do absolutely no good, too, i. e. a wasted 40 years, wasted on people who were non-elect to begin with.

3. The genetic defect is the sin we inherited from Adam and Eve.

Has this gene been identified? The human genome has been pretty well worked out, and I am unaware of any genetic link to sin.

4. Once again. Strawman. I don't believe infants go to hell, because they are innocent at birth, not able to sin.

Then you differ from your Calvinist buddies, which is good.

They have to reach the age of accountability before they make a choice.

According to Calvinism, they have no choice, really.

By the way, is your position that the non-elect infants who died in the flood went to heaven anyway?
Mikal
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/10/2015 7:54:57 PM

John Piper or Mark Driscol Fan?
Outplayz
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/10/2015 8:20:35 PM
At 9/10/2015 7:28:49 PM, Mobutu wrote:

But all of Satanism is bad. The devil is evil and will lead you astray from the righteous path and into the lake of fire where all the sinners go. This is why Satanists need to be destroyed.

By your definition i agree it is bad. By the people that follow its philosophy (as a book) it is not bad. I am not the type to say someone that is doing something right is bad just bc of a label. That is the small minded part of society; and quite cruel if you really look at it. If one is living for love; no matter their label, they will be respected. If i could love these people, i am sure i am not as loving as the most loving. That is how i know. How can i understand love better than god? This can't be true if i believe god is pure love.
Mobutu
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/10/2015 8:23:14 PM
At 9/10/2015 8:20:35 PM, Outplayz wrote:

By your definition i agree it is bad. By the people that follow its philosophy (as a book) it is not bad. I am not the type to say someone that is doing something right is bad just bc of a label. That is the small minded part of society; and quite cruel if you really look at it. If one is living for love; no matter their label, they will be respected. If i could love these people, i am sure i am not as loving as the most loving. That is how i know. How can i understand love better than god? This can't be true if i believe god is pure love.

Satanism is inherently evil though. They are all (Each and every one of them) evil and live to serve only Satan and themselves. They sacrifice animals, corrupt children and their souls and turn good people bad. They are a toxic blight and should be forced at the sword to convert in my opinion.
Outplayz
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/10/2015 8:40:38 PM
At 9/10/2015 8:23:14 PM, Mobutu wrote:

Satanism is inherently evil though. They are all (Each and every one of them) evil and live to serve only Satan and themselves. They sacrifice animals, corrupt children and their souls and turn good people bad. They are a toxic blight and should be forced at the sword to convert in my opinion.

Well yeah, that type are evil. That's not what i am talking about. I am referring to Wiccans, Pagans, people that read the Satanic bible and such. The Satanic Bible preaches good things not bad from the most i've seen. What i mean is that those labels don't scare me. As long as the person is of a good nature; they're respected by me. Anyone promoting chaos is sub-human in my eyes and evil. I just don't let labels blind me. A Christian that has molested their children is a hundred times more evil than someone that is just into metal music and listens to Marilyn Manson while owning a Satanic bible. To me, the "satanist" would be the Christian. I would be wrong to judge a book by its cover.
Mobutu
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/10/2015 8:45:49 PM
At 9/10/2015 8:40:38 PM, Outplayz wrote:

Well yeah, that type are evil. That's not what i am talking about. I am referring to Wiccans, Pagans, people that read the Satanic bible and such. The Satanic Bible preaches good things not bad from the most i've seen. What i mean is that those labels don't scare me. As long as the person is of a good nature; they're respected by me. Anyone promoting chaos is sub-human in my eyes and evil. I just don't let labels blind me. A Christian that has molested their children is a hundred times more evil than someone that is just into metal music and listens to Marilyn Manson while owning a Satanic bible. To me, the "satanist" would be the Christian. I would be wrong to judge a book by its cover.

Merely owning a "satanic scripture" (I refuse to use the word bible for such wicked scripture) is not in itself Satanism. Practising the worship of Satan is.
Outplayz
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/10/2015 8:53:58 PM
At 9/10/2015 8:45:49 PM, Mobutu wrote:

Merely owning a "satanic scripture" (I refuse to use the word bible for such wicked scripture) is not in itself Satanism. Practising the worship of Satan is.

My bad, i can respect that "scripture." I think you are correct. Practicing the worship of Satan as an evil character is pretty miserable. Those people probably have more problems than just that. But, those Satanic Scriptures don't preach religion, they are just a philosophy on how to live good and happy. I think it is dumb to call it a Satanic thing ... some people really like standing out. It is an ego thing which i think is a down fall in any belief. If people are just believing to get affirmations; they aren't believing.
Mobutu
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/10/2015 8:54:47 PM
At 9/10/2015 8:53:58 PM, Outplayz wrote:

My bad, i can respect that "scripture." I think you are correct. Practicing the worship of Satan as an evil character is pretty miserable. Those people probably have more problems than just that. But, those Satanic Scriptures don't preach religion, they are just a philosophy on how to live good and happy. I think it is dumb to call it a Satanic thing ... some people really like standing out. It is an ego thing which i think is a down fall in any belief. If people are just believing to get affirmations; they aren't believing.

Why call it Satanism if it isn't Satanism?
Outplayz
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/10/2015 8:57:55 PM
At 9/10/2015 8:54:47 PM, Mobutu wrote:

Marketing, easy exposure, the shock effect, money, money, money. Lol...
Mobutu
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/10/2015 9:07:13 PM
At 9/10/2015 8:57:55 PM, Outplayz wrote:

And the ire of pretty much everyone who isn't one of their members.
Outplayz
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/10/2015 9:13:11 PM
At 9/10/2015 9:07:13 PM, Mobutu wrote:
At 9/10/2015 8:57:55 PM, Outplayz wrote:

And the ire of pretty much everyone who isn't one of their members.

Yeah, i'm sure one reason was to piss off theists. They've actually been pretty active around my parts. A school wanted to hand out bibles so the Satanic "establishment" sued saying that they should be able to hand out stuff too. I find it all laughable and entertaining.
Geogeer
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/10/2015 9:38:24 PM

If Christ is the truth, and he promised all truth to his Church through the Holy Spirit, then anything that teaches error is effectively denying the truth of Christ. As Jesus told Peter, "Get behind me Satan" when Peter spoke in a manner not in line with the Holy Spirit we can conclude that beliefs against those of the Holy Spirit are from Satan and thus satanic.

So to the degree that Calvanism promotes error in the teachings of Christ, is the degree that it is satanic.

As I believe that Calvanism does teach error, it has been influenced by Satan. Now that is not to say that Calvanists themselves do not seek God.
RuvDraba
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/10/2015 9:47:26 PM

I want to meet some atheists who think it's Satanic, CP. :)

I don't think it's satanic, but do think that doctrine cruel and deplorable.

On the other hand, I think you're a person of compassion and good will so I don't know how that reconciles.
ChristianPunk
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/13/2015 5:10:10 AM
At 9/10/2015 7:54:57 PM, Mikal wrote:

John Piper or Mark Driscol Fan?

More of an RC Sproul fan myself.