Total Posts:80|Showing Posts:1-30|Last Page
Jump to topic:

Why do you believe in God?

janesix
Posts: 3,439
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/8/2015 9:05:27 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
Personal experience?

Being brought up in a religious environment?

Evidence that points to a creator?

Other reasons?
one_love
Posts: 41
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/8/2015 9:09:42 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 9/8/2015 9:05:27 PM, janesix wrote:
Personal experience?

Being brought up in a religious environment?

Evidence that points to a creator?

Other reasons? : :

I have almost 36 years of experience with our creator. The last 7 years I've been schooled by him.
janesix
Posts: 3,439
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/8/2015 9:13:13 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 9/8/2015 9:09:42 PM, one_love wrote:
At 9/8/2015 9:05:27 PM, janesix wrote:
Personal experience?

Being brought up in a religious environment?

Evidence that points to a creator?

Other reasons? : :

I have almost 36 years of experience with our creator. The last 7 years I've been schooled by him.

What do you mean by "schooled"?
one_love
Posts: 41
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/8/2015 9:15:25 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 9/8/2015 9:13:13 PM, janesix wrote:
At 9/8/2015 9:09:42 PM, one_love wrote:
At 9/8/2015 9:05:27 PM, janesix wrote:
Personal experience?

Being brought up in a religious environment?

Evidence that points to a creator?

Other reasons? : :

I have almost 36 years of experience with our creator. The last 7 years I've been schooled by him.

What do you mean by "schooled"?

God has a lot of knowledge to share with those who listen to him. All you have to do is listen to his voice like he has been saying from the beginning. If you don't listen to his voice, you will not learn about the future or how he created everything. You won't learn why he created religion and science, either.
Serato
Posts: 743
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/9/2015 1:26:59 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
For me it's a combination of experience that came unexpectedly and a curiosity that ambushed my life, forever changing my life most drastically. The first event came at a time when night after night I had been terrorized with sleep paralysis that progressively got worse to the point that I didn't even have to be first sleeping to awaken later in this traumatic state. The attacks got so bad and frequent that they'd occur while I was awake. And then I began to see my assailants as blacker than black, a silhouette from shoulder up, they appeared to be some sort of shadow creature. As the nights past with my fear growing, the numbers of these shadow creatures increased. It was almost as though they grew stronger as my fear increased. So I began to pray. My girlfriend was the one who suggested I pray, and at the time she neglected to tell me something. She knew something that I did not.

The sleep paralysis first began while sleeping over at her house. That's where it all started, and whatever was in her house apparently followed me back to my house. But what I didn't find out until the night it ended, was this occurrence happened to any and all males that spent more than a few nights at her house. I suppose it wouldn't have mattered had she first been honest with the history of the house, because at the time I would not have believed her. But this terrorizing lasted for two weeks, and then it went well beyond the normal paralysis stories. My house started getting very cold, but only in the bedroom. Walking into the bedroom and the hairs on the back of my neck would stand up. There was definitely an evil presence being felt and I didn't know what to do. Praying in the bedroom became almost impossible because the words would easily become either forgotten, or I'd simply be unable to speak them. I really didn't want to sleep in that room that night, but I did it anyways. And that's the night I saw the most amazing thing. That's the night my episodes of terror came instantly to an end.

I expected to wakeup that night paralyzed, unable to breath and in a state of terror, but what happened that night was something unforgettable. As usual I had woken up paralyzed while unable to breathe, but something was different. With swarms of shadow figures swirling around my room and in numbers larger than ever, I not only noticed how upset they appeared, but for some odd reason I was completely calm and relaxed. But what was most strange was this light. My room should have been dark, but it was so bright that my first thoughts were that someone had pulled their car up to my bedroom window with the high beams on. And then I saw it. More importantly than what I saw was what was radiating outward of it, and into me.

There was an orb hovering above my chest and was of a blueish-white color. It appeared to be the size of a basketball and had the most amazing energy flowing outward. It was pure love. And it just hovered above me while keeping the shadows to a safe distance. I could see the expressions of these creatures as they appeared to be hissing in disgust of the sight of this orb. The shadow figures were clearly outmatched by just one little orb that emitted this emotional power of love that was so strong that I'm convinced to this day that it was none other than the Holy Spirit Itself. And that's all it took for these traumatic events to come to a quick halt. They never bothered me again.

So that was the beginning of what has shaped my views as they stand today. But the most important event that was most effecting came a few years later, but that's another story. That's the day I learned you can ask for things, and these things asked will be given.
12_13
Posts: 1,361
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/9/2015 8:17:35 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 9/8/2015 9:05:27 PM, janesix wrote:
Personal experience?

Being brought up in a religious environment?

Evidence that points to a creator?

Other reasons?

I believe because of the Bible. I don"t think people would have managed to write it without God. And that is because of the wisdom and knowledge and truthfulness.
janesix
Posts: 3,439
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/9/2015 9:13:43 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 9/9/2015 8:17:35 PM, 12_13 wrote:
At 9/8/2015 9:05:27 PM, janesix wrote:
Personal experience?

Being brought up in a religious environment?

Evidence that points to a creator?

Other reasons?

I believe because of the Bible. I don"t think people would have managed to write it without God. And that is because of the wisdom and knowledge and truthfulness.

Were you an atheist before reading the Bible?
janesix
Posts: 3,439
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/9/2015 10:13:59 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 9/9/2015 1:26:59 AM, Serato wrote:
For me it's a combination of experience that came unexpectedly and a curiosity that ambushed my life, forever changing my life most drastically. The first event came at a time when night after night I had been terrorized with sleep paralysis that progressively got worse to the point that I didn't even have to be first sleeping to awaken later in this traumatic state. The attacks got so bad and frequent that they'd occur while I was awake. And then I began to see my assailants as blacker than black, a silhouette from shoulder up, they appeared to be some sort of shadow creature. As the nights past with my fear growing, the numbers of these shadow creatures increased. It was almost as though they grew stronger as my fear increased. So I began to pray. My girlfriend was the one who suggested I pray, and at the time she neglected to tell me something. She knew something that I did not.

The sleep paralysis first began while sleeping over at her house. That's where it all started, and whatever was in her house apparently followed me back to my house. But what I didn't find out until the night it ended, was this occurrence happened to any and all males that spent more than a few nights at her house. I suppose it wouldn't have mattered had she first been honest with the history of the house, because at the time I would not have believed her. But this terrorizing lasted for two weeks, and then it went well beyond the normal paralysis stories. My house started getting very cold, but only in the bedroom. Walking into the bedroom and the hairs on the back of my neck would stand up. There was definitely an evil presence being felt and I didn't know what to do. Praying in the bedroom became almost impossible because the words would easily become either forgotten, or I'd simply be unable to speak them. I really didn't want to sleep in that room that night, but I did it anyways. And that's the night I saw the most amazing thing. That's the night my episodes of terror came instantly to an end.

I expected to wakeup that night paralyzed, unable to breath and in a state of terror, but what happened that night was something unforgettable. As usual I had woken up paralyzed while unable to breathe, but something was different. With swarms of shadow figures swirling around my room and in numbers larger than ever, I not only noticed how upset they appeared, but for some odd reason I was completely calm and relaxed. But what was most strange was this light. My room should have been dark, but it was so bright that my first thoughts were that someone had pulled their car up to my bedroom window with the high beams on. And then I saw it. More importantly than what I saw was what was radiating outward of it, and into me.

There was an orb hovering above my chest and was of a blueish-white color. It appeared to be the size of a basketball and had the most amazing energy flowing outward. It was pure love. And it just hovered above me while keeping the shadows to a safe distance. I could see the expressions of these creatures as they appeared to be hissing in disgust of the sight of this orb. The shadow figures were clearly outmatched by just one little orb that emitted this emotional power of love that was so strong that I'm convinced to this day that it was none other than the Holy Spirit Itself. And that's all it took for these traumatic events to come to a quick halt. They never bothered me again.

So that was the beginning of what has shaped my views as they stand today. But the most important event that was most effecting came a few years later, but that's another story. That's the day I learned you can ask for things, and these things asked will be given.

That's interesting. I'd like to hear the rest of your story.
MadCornishBiker
Posts: 23,302
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/9/2015 11:28:52 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 9/8/2015 9:05:27 PM, janesix wrote:
Personal experience?

Being brought up in a religious environment?

Evidence that points to a creator?

Other reasons?

Being brought up in a religious environment? Not really.

My adoptive mother had a belief of sorts, and my father claimed to have but didn't really. However it was her pocket edition of the New English Bible New Testament, that really woke my interest, for quite some time I read it over and over again from start to finish, but mostly the Gospels and the letters. Revelation was just a little over my head at the age of somewhere between 8 and 10;

It also opened my eyes to the lies we are all taught in the Churches and started my search for the one true faith, using what I had learned from scripture as a standard for them to measure up to.

Evidence that points to a creator?

The more I look at what is around us in creation, the more science I learn, the more I see that the only rational answer is that there is a creator, and that he is the one whose thoughts were written down for us to read in what became the Bible.

Personal experience?

Since then I have had much personal experience of the strength and support that Jehovah can provide, yes.

However, before that I also had experience of just how powerful Satan is also, even though he is having to work under restriction to prove his case.
PureX
Posts: 1,522
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/9/2015 11:29:52 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 9/8/2015 9:05:27 PM, janesix wrote:
Personal experience?

Being brought up in a religious environment?

Evidence that points to a creator?

Other reasons?

All of the above.

However, I do not claim to "know God exists", or that, "my God IS God" as many theists tend to do. I simply choose to believe that the God of my desire and understanding exists, because I have no reason to believe otherwise, nor proof that I'm wrong, and because my life is significantly improved by putting my faith in this ideal.
Wylted
Posts: 21,167
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/9/2015 11:32:44 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 9/8/2015 9:05:27 PM, janesix wrote:
Personal experience?

Being brought up in a religious environment?

Evidence that points to a creator?

Other reasons?

Cause I see him every single day
12_13
Posts: 1,361
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/10/2015 7:55:19 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 9/9/2015 9:13:43 PM, janesix wrote:
Were you an atheist before reading the Bible?

Probably I have believed in God as long as I can remember, at some level. Before the Bible, I really didn"t understand well God and therefore it may be possible that I really didn"t know what I believe, if I believe in God. However, without the Bible, I would probably now be an atheist.

Bible has confirmed to me that it is reasonable to believe in Bible God, because of the message. Bible has knowledge that I don"t think people would without God have. And in my experience people are evil truth haters who would never write Bible without God"s influence.
bulproof
Posts: 25,203
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/13/2015 11:41:24 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 9/9/2015 11:28:52 PM, MadCornishBiker wrote:
It also opened my eyes to the lies we are all taught in the Churches and started my search for the one true faith, using what I had learned from scripture as a standard for them to measure up to.

What were these lies being taught and how would you know given that you weren't brought up in a religious environment?
You simply can't help telling lies can you?
Religion is just mind control. George Carlin
MadCornishBiker
Posts: 23,302
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/13/2015 7:17:32 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 9/13/2015 11:41:24 AM, bulproof wrote:
At 9/9/2015 11:28:52 PM, MadCornishBiker wrote:
It also opened my eyes to the lies we are all taught in the Churches and started my search for the one true faith, using what I had learned from scripture as a standard for them to measure up to.

What were these lies being taught and how would you know given that you weren't brought up in a religious environment?
You simply can't help telling lies can you?

I don;t lie.

I knew because I had been reading my mothers Bible, and it was obvious they weren't teaching what they were supposed to.

I do not have any reason or need to lie, and a ,myriad reasons not to.
rocknroller
Posts: 3
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/13/2015 8:31:23 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 9/13/2015 7:17:32 PM, MadCornishBiker wrote:
At 9/13/2015 11:41:24 AM, bulproof wrote:
At 9/9/2015 11:28:52 PM, MadCornishBiker wrote:
It also opened my eyes to the lies we are all taught in the Churches and started my search for the one true faith, using what I had learned from scripture as a standard for them to measure up to.

What were these lies being taught and how would you know given that you weren't brought up in a religious environment?
You simply can't help telling lies can you?

I don;t lie.

I knew because I had been reading my mothers Bible, and it was obvious they weren't teaching what they were supposed to.

I do not have any reason or need to lie, and a ,myriad reasons not to. : :

A Christian who believes in his own interpretation of what he reads in the Bible will not always agree with another Christian's interpretations. This was meant to be to confuse Christians.

God has been telling his people since he put his first people in the garden of Eden to listen to his voice and obey all his commandments.

Christians think the Bible is the voice of God that they have to obey but when God sends His Servant David into the world, most Christians deny him. That's because they don't know what His Servant David is.
MadCornishBiker
Posts: 23,302
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/14/2015 12:55:18 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 9/13/2015 8:31:23 PM, rocknroller wrote:
At 9/13/2015 7:17:32 PM, MadCornishBiker wrote:
At 9/13/2015 11:41:24 AM, bulproof wrote:
At 9/9/2015 11:28:52 PM, MadCornishBiker wrote:
It also opened my eyes to the lies we are all taught in the Churches and started my search for the one true faith, using what I had learned from scripture as a standard for them to measure up to.

What were these lies being taught and how would you know given that you weren't brought up in a religious environment?
You simply can't help telling lies can you?

I don;t lie.

I knew because I had been reading my mothers Bible, and it was obvious they weren't teaching what they were supposed to.

I do not have any reason or need to lie, and a ,myriad reasons not to. : :

A Christian who believes in his own interpretation of what he reads in the Bible will not always agree with another Christian's interpretations. This was meant to be to confuse Christians.

And a Christian whop presents Jehovah's own view, as I do will agree with very few.

That shouldn't be a surprise because, as Jesus said, the "gate" to Christianity is narrow, and the "road" cramped, and few would find it. Matthew 7:13-14).

Why?

Because truth is rarely comfortable, and as Christ said in Matthew 10:34-36, will put you at odds with most people including your family.

Christianity is not an easy course to follow, because you will gain a very powerful enemy who is able to influence the thinking of the vast majority of people, in fact all who do not continually seek the aid of Jehovah, Christ's God and Father (John 20:17; 1 Peter 1:3).


God has been telling his people since he put his first people in the garden of Eden to listen to his voice and obey all his commandments.

Yes, and he has done so in various ways, Directly, as with Adam, though his son, and the prophets, through his son incarnate, through the Apostles, and now through his Witnesses here on earth.

Most do not choose to listen, many listen for a while but let selfishness take over, a minority "endure to the end" as Christ said we must.


Christians think the Bible is the voice of God that they have to obey but when God sends His Servant David into the world, most Christians deny him. That's because they don't know what His Servant David is.

There is a lot of truth in that.

Do you understand the import of Jesus parable of the Vineyard owner? As is sometimes the case with his parables it had a fulfilment then, and one now as well. The fulfilment then is the more obvious one.

Luke 20:9-16
ASV(i) 9 And he began to speak unto the people this parable: A man planted a vineyard, and let it out to husbandmen, and went into another country for a long time. 10 And at the season he sent unto the husbandmen a servant, that they should give him of the fruit of the vineyard: but the husbandmen beat him, and sent him away empty. 11 And he sent yet another servant: and him also they beat, and handled him shamefully, and sent him away empty. 12 And he sent yet a third: and him also they wounded, and cast him forth. 13 And the lord of the vineyard said, What shall I do? I will send my beloved son; it may be they will reverence him. 14 But when the husbandmen saw him, they reasoned one with another, saying, This is the heir; let us kill him, that the inheritance may be ours. 15 And they cast him forth out of the vineyard, and killed him. What therefore will the lord of the vineyard do unto them? 16 He will come and destroy these husbandmen, and will give the vineyard unto others. And when they heard it, they said, God forbid.

The Vineyard owner is Jehovah, the husbandmen are the religious leader then and now, the vineyard is the people, the slaves are the prophets, and those sent to speak in his name, the son, is just that, and in the first fulfilment literally became incarnate so that he could come to the earth physically, in the modern day fulfilment he directs operations from his throne in heaven.

In both situations the son has been killed. In the first fulfilment literally so, in the second figuratively in that he has been exchanged for a counterfeit version.

In each case the Vineyard was given to other cultivators, In the 1st century, the Jews were "killed" in that their authority was removed, and given to the Apostles, who cared for it well, but whose successors did not .

In the modern day it has been taken from those unfaithful successors to the Apostles, and given to those who became known as Jehovah's Witnesses, who will be the last cultivators of this vineyard before the owner again sends Christ in to destroy, this time literally and completely, all those unfaithful cultivators, who have now been split into many factions.

If you are clinging to the Jewish way, you are clinging to a boat that has long ago sunk.

If you are clinging to the faiths who call themselves Christian you are clinging to a boat that is sinking fast.

Get into the Jehovah's Witness "lifeboat" before it is too late.
Sravaka
Posts: 23
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/14/2015 11:57:35 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 9/8/2015 9:09:42 PM, one_love wrote:
I have almost 36 years of experience with our creator. The last 7 years I've been schooled by him.

And what have you learned from your 7 years of schooling?
"The three kinds of feelings, O monks, are impermanent, compounded, dependently arisen, liable to destruction, to evanescence, to fading away, to cessation " namely, pleasant feeling, painful feeling, and neutral feeling."
bulproof
Posts: 25,203
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/15/2015 1:46:38 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 9/13/2015 7:17:32 PM, MadCornishBiker wrote:
I knew because I had been reading my mothers Bible, and it was obvious they weren't teaching what they were supposed to.

So reading your mum's bible told you that what the churches were teaching was wrong even though you had no idea what the churches were teaching?
And you wonder why everybody calls you a liar.
Religion is just mind control. George Carlin
ReformedPresbyterian72598
Posts: 293
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/15/2015 1:49:18 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 9/8/2015 9:05:27 PM, janesix wrote:
Personal experience?

Being brought up in a religious environment?

Evidence that points to a creator?

Other reasons?

The question would be: how is it we believe?
bills_friend
Posts: 64
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/15/2015 1:50:30 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 9/14/2015 11:57:35 PM, Sravaka wrote:
At 9/8/2015 9:09:42 PM, one_love wrote:
I have almost 36 years of experience with our creator. The last 7 years I've been schooled by him.

And what have you learned from your 7 years of schooling? : :

That we're experiencing life in a simulation, similar to that of The Sims simulation game but with a much better computing language. The computer binary code that we humans use isn't good enough to put us in a simulated universe and make us believe we're real.
skipsaweirdo
Posts: 1,863
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/15/2015 3:52:42 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 9/8/2015 9:05:27 PM, janesix wrote:
Personal experience?

Being brought up in a religious environment?

Evidence that points to a creator?

Other reasons?
because its better than believing in Charles Manson.
IntellectVsSpirit5000
Posts: 1,266
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/15/2015 4:06:36 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 9/8/2015 9:05:27 PM, janesix wrote:
Personal experience?

Being brought up in a religious environment?

Evidence that points to a creator?

Other reasons?

Shrooms have a bit to do with it, or maybe they don't. You decide. I was(in theory) hopped up on shrooms(the smokeable shrooms they be), when the hottest, sexiest, long leggedest blonde haired, blue eyed Hungarian devil came up to me asking for a light. I lit her cigarette, and we did some awkward small talk for about 2 minutes. Finally, I told her she'd be pretty if she'd lose about 15-20 pounds. I rode her like a donkey. So you tell me. Is there a God? Yes or no? If no, then I am a sick and lucky bastard. If yes, then that explains a lot and apparentky He really, really likes me. When you have had this much beautiful, sexy, and bodacious "strange", it's hard not to believe. You feel me?
bulproof
Posts: 25,203
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/15/2015 10:33:48 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 9/15/2015 10:29:18 AM, graceofgod wrote:
personal experience...
As a choirboy or as a choirmaster?
Religion is just mind control. George Carlin
MadCornishBiker
Posts: 23,302
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/15/2015 12:12:21 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 9/15/2015 1:46:38 AM, bulproof wrote:
At 9/13/2015 7:17:32 PM, MadCornishBiker wrote:
I knew because I had been reading my mothers Bible, and it was obvious they weren't teaching what they were supposed to.

So reading your mum's bible told you that what the churches were teaching was wrong even though you had no idea what the churches were teaching?
And you wonder why everybody calls you a liar.

What makes you think I had no idea what teh churches were teaching?

I have already said I attended Baptist Sunday School.

It isn't me who is the liar here, whether or not you wiosh to believe it.
bulproof
Posts: 25,203
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/15/2015 12:35:39 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 9/15/2015 12:12:21 PM, MadCornishBiker wrote:
At 9/15/2015 1:46:38 AM, bulproof wrote:
At 9/13/2015 7:17:32 PM, MadCornishBiker wrote:
I knew because I had been reading my mothers Bible, and it was obvious they weren't teaching what they were supposed to.

So reading your mum's bible told you that what the churches were teaching was wrong even though you had no idea what the churches were teaching?
And you wonder why everybody calls you a liar.

What makes you think I had no idea what teh churches were teaching?

I have already said I attended Baptist Sunday School.

It isn't me who is the liar here, whether or not you wiosh to believe it.

What a lovely little lie.
This is what you said.

At 9/9/2015 11:28:52 PM, MadCornishBiker wrote:
At 9/8/2015 9:05:27 PM, janesix wrote:
Personal experience?

Being brought up in a religious environment?

Evidence that points to a creator?

Other reasons?


Being brought up in a religious environment? Not really.

My adoptive mother had a belief of sorts, and my father claimed to have but didn't really. However it was her pocket edition of the New English Bible New Testament, that really woke my interest, for quite some time I read it over and over again from start to finish, but mostly the Gospels and the letters. Revelation was just a little over my head at the age of somewhere between 8 and 10;

It also opened my eyes to the lies we are all taught in the Churches and started my search for the one true faith, using what I had learned from scripture as a standard for them to measure up to.

Evidence that points to a creator?

The more I look at what is around us in creation, the more science I learn, the more I see that the only rational answer is that there is a creator, and that he is the one whose thoughts were written down for us to read in what became the Bible.

Personal experience?

Since then I have had much personal experience of the strength and support that Jehovah can provide, yes.

However, before that I also had experience of just how powerful Satan is also, even though he is having to work under restriction to prove his case.

The bold underlined is your claim to religious upbringing.
Look at that, no baptist anything.
We all love your lies mad.
Religion is just mind control. George Carlin
MadCornishBiker
Posts: 23,302
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/15/2015 12:56:58 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 9/15/2015 12:35:39 PM, bulproof wrote:
At 9/15/2015 12:12:21 PM, MadCornishBiker wrote:
At 9/15/2015 1:46:38 AM, bulproof wrote:
At 9/13/2015 7:17:32 PM, MadCornishBiker wrote:
I knew because I had been reading my mothers Bible, and it was obvious they weren't teaching what they were supposed to.

So reading your mum's bible told you that what the churches were teaching was wrong even though you had no idea what the churches were teaching?
And you wonder why everybody calls you a liar.

What makes you think I had no idea what teh churches were teaching?

I have already said I attended Baptist Sunday School.

It isn't me who is the liar here, whether or not you wiosh to believe it.

What a lovely little lie.
This is what you said.

At 9/9/2015 11:28:52 PM, MadCornishBiker wrote:
At 9/8/2015 9:05:27 PM, janesix wrote:
Personal experience?

Being brought up in a religious environment?

Evidence that points to a creator?

Other reasons?


Being brought up in a religious environment? Not really.

My adoptive mother had a belief of sorts, and my father claimed to have but didn't really. However it was her pocket edition of the New English Bible New Testament, that really woke my interest, for quite some time I read it over and over again from start to finish, but mostly the Gospels and the letters. Revelation was just a little over my head at the age of somewhere between 8 and 10;

It also opened my eyes to the lies we are all taught in the Churches and started my search for the one true faith, using what I had learned from scripture as a standard for them to measure up to.

Evidence that points to a creator?

The more I look at what is around us in creation, the more science I learn, the more I see that the only rational answer is that there is a creator, and that he is the one whose thoughts were written down for us to read in what became the Bible.

Personal experience?

Since then I have had much personal experience of the strength and support that Jehovah can provide, yes.

However, before that I also had experience of just how powerful Satan is also, even though he is having to work under restriction to prove his case.

The bold underlined is your claim to religious upbringing.
Look at that, no baptist anything.
We all love your lies mad.

That is true, but I still attended a Baptist Sunday School, though I doubt it had anything much to do with religion, more a way of getting me out of the house.

My Mother believed in God, though knew little about him and attended church infrequently, and never spoke about her beliefs. I do not call that a religious background.

My father likewise, though I am not sure he even really believed, and he attended church far less than mother did. I suspect his faith was more of a "just in case" sort of faith, no faith at all really. I wouldn't call that a religious background either really.

Note I did not reply "no not at all", I simply said what you have underlined.

Not really, mean what is says, "sort of, not irreligious, just not really religious".

I have still said on here more than once that I attended that Sunday School;.

Were you really too dumb to understand that?
bulproof
Posts: 25,203
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/15/2015 1:20:36 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 9/15/2015 12:56:58 PM, MadCornishBiker wrote:
At 9/15/2015 12:35:39 PM, bulproof wrote:
At 9/15/2015 12:12:21 PM, MadCornishBiker wrote:
At 9/15/2015 1:46:38 AM, bulproof wrote:
At 9/13/2015 7:17:32 PM, MadCornishBiker wrote:
I knew because I had been reading my mothers Bible, and it was obvious they weren't teaching what they were supposed to.

So reading your mum's bible told you that what the churches were teaching was wrong even though you had no idea what the churches were teaching?
And you wonder why everybody calls you a liar.

What makes you think I had no idea what teh churches were teaching?

I have already said I attended Baptist Sunday School.

It isn't me who is the liar here, whether or not you wiosh to believe it.

What a lovely little lie.
This is what you said.

At 9/9/2015 11:28:52 PM, MadCornishBiker wrote:
At 9/8/2015 9:05:27 PM, janesix wrote:
Personal experience?

Being brought up in a religious environment?

Evidence that points to a creator?

Other reasons?


Being brought up in a religious environment? Not really.

My adoptive mother had a belief of sorts, and my father claimed to have but didn't really. However it was her pocket edition of the New English Bible New Testament, that really woke my interest, for quite some time I read it over and over again from start to finish, but mostly the Gospels and the letters. Revelation was just a little over my head at the age of somewhere between 8 and 10;

It also opened my eyes to the lies we are all taught in the Churches and started my search for the one true faith, using what I had learned from scripture as a standard for them to measure up to.

Evidence that points to a creator?

The more I look at what is around us in creation, the more science I learn, the more I see that the only rational answer is that there is a creator, and that he is the one whose thoughts were written down for us to read in what became the Bible.

Personal experience?

Since then I have had much personal experience of the strength and support that Jehovah can provide, yes.

However, before that I also had experience of just how powerful Satan is also, even though he is having to work under restriction to prove his case.

The bold underlined is your claim to religious upbringing.
Look at that, no baptist anything.
We all love your lies mad.
You just can't help telling even more ridiculous lies to try and support your earlier lies.
That is true, but I still attended a Baptist Sunday School, though I doubt it had anything much to do with religion, more a way of getting me out of the house.
You attended sunday school that had nothing to do with religious teaching but reading your mum's bible proved to you that churches teach were teaching LIES.
That is a blatant LIE.
My Mother believed in God, though knew little about him and attended church infrequently, and never spoke about her beliefs. I do not call that a religious background.
So once again you claim not to have any religious background but claim that your reading a bible proved to you that the teachings of these unknown religions were false.
My father likewise, though I am not sure he even really believed, and he attended church far less than mother did. I suspect his faith was more of a "just in case" sort of faith, no faith at all really. I wouldn't call that a religious background either really.
So once again you admit that you had no knowledge of religious teachings and yet you were convinced by the bible that those unknown teachings were wrong.
That is a LIE.
Note I did not reply "no not at all", I simply said what you have underlined.
Yes and you have done even better at exposing your lie.
Not really, mean what is says, "sort of, not irreligious, just not really religious".
You have admitted further in this post that you knew nothing of church teachings and could therefore have not recognised their teachings as false. You didn't know what they taught.
I have still said on here more than once that I attended that Sunday School;.
Provide evidence of this, I haven't seen it and you admit that you received no religious instruction in that school.
Were you really too dumb to understand that?
Oh no poor little mad.
Once again I've proved you to be a liar of enormous stupidity.
Religion is just mind control. George Carlin
MadCornishBiker
Posts: 23,302
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/15/2015 1:48:08 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 9/15/2015 1:20:36 PM, bulproof wrote:
At 9/15/2015 12:56:58 PM, MadCornishBiker wrote:
At 9/15/2015 12:35:39 PM, bulproof wrote:
At 9/15/2015 12:12:21 PM, MadCornishBiker wrote:
At 9/15/2015 1:46:38 AM, bulproof wrote:
At 9/13/2015 7:17:32 PM, MadCornishBiker wrote:
I knew because I had been reading my mothers Bible, and it was obvious they weren't teaching what they were supposed to.

So reading your mum's bible told you that what the churches were teaching was wrong even though you had no idea what the churches were teaching?
And you wonder why everybody calls you a liar.

What makes you think I had no idea what teh churches were teaching?

I have already said I attended Baptist Sunday School.

It isn't me who is the liar here, whether or not you wiosh to believe it.

What a lovely little lie.
This is what you said.

At 9/9/2015 11:28:52 PM, MadCornishBiker wrote:
At 9/8/2015 9:05:27 PM, janesix wrote:
Personal experience?

Being brought up in a religious environment?

Evidence that points to a creator?

Other reasons?


Being brought up in a religious environment? Not really.

My adoptive mother had a belief of sorts, and my father claimed to have but didn't really. However it was her pocket edition of the New English Bible New Testament, that really woke my interest, for quite some time I read it over and over again from start to finish, but mostly the Gospels and the letters. Revelation was just a little over my head at the age of somewhere between 8 and 10;

It also opened my eyes to the lies we are all taught in the Churches and started my search for the one true faith, using what I had learned from scripture as a standard for them to measure up to.

Evidence that points to a creator?

The more I look at what is around us in creation, the more science I learn, the more I see that the only rational answer is that there is a creator, and that he is the one whose thoughts were written down for us to read in what became the Bible.

Personal experience?

Since then I have had much personal experience of the strength and support that Jehovah can provide, yes.

However, before that I also had experience of just how powerful Satan is also, even though he is having to work under restriction to prove his case.

The bold underlined is your claim to religious upbringing.
Look at that, no baptist anything.
We all love your lies mad.
You just can't help telling even more ridiculous lies to try and support your earlier lies.
That is true, but I still attended a Baptist Sunday School, though I doubt it had anything much to do with religion, more a way of getting me out of the house.
You attended sunday school that had nothing to do with religious teaching but reading your mum's bible proved to you that churches teach were teaching LIES.
That is a blatant LIE.
My Mother believed in God, though knew little about him and attended church infrequently, and never spoke about her beliefs. I do not call that a religious background.
So once again you claim not to have any religious background but claim that your reading a bible proved to you that the teachings of these unknown religions were false.
My father likewise, though I am not sure he even really believed, and he attended church far less than mother did. I suspect his faith was more of a "just in case" sort of faith, no faith at all really. I wouldn't call that a religious background either really.
So once again you admit that you had no knowledge of religious teachings and yet you were convinced by the bible that those unknown teachings were wrong.
That is a LIE.
Note I did not reply "no not at all", I simply said what you have underlined.
Yes and you have done even better at exposing your lie.
Not really, mean what is says, "sort of, not irreligious, just not really religious".
You have admitted further in this post that you knew nothing of church teachings and could therefore have not recognised their teachings as false. You didn't know what they taught.
I have still said on here more than once that I attended that Sunday School;.
Provide evidence of this, I haven't seen it and you admit that you received no religious instruction in that school.
Were you really too dumb to understand that?
Oh no poor little mad.
Once again I've proved you to be a liar of enormous stupidity.

Nope, the only one you have proved that about is the one you see when you look ion the mirror.
bulproof
Posts: 25,203
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/15/2015 2:10:25 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 9/15/2015 1:48:08 PM, MadCornishBiker wrote:
At 9/15/2015 1:20:36 PM, bulproof wrote:
At 9/15/2015 12:56:58 PM, MadCornishBiker wrote:
At 9/15/2015 12:35:39 PM, bulproof wrote:
At 9/15/2015 12:12:21 PM, MadCornishBiker wrote:
At 9/15/2015 1:46:38 AM, bulproof wrote:
At 9/13/2015 7:17:32 PM, MadCornishBiker wrote:
I knew because I had been reading my mothers Bible, and it was obvious they weren't teaching what they were supposed to.

So reading your mum's bible told you that what the churches were teaching was wrong even though you had no idea what the churches were teaching?
And you wonder why everybody calls you a liar.

What makes you think I had no idea what teh churches were teaching?

I have already said I attended Baptist Sunday School.

It isn't me who is the liar here, whether or not you wiosh to believe it.

What a lovely little lie.
This is what you said.

At 9/9/2015 11:28:52 PM, MadCornishBiker wrote:
At 9/8/2015 9:05:27 PM, janesix wrote:
Personal experience?

Being brought up in a religious environment?

Evidence that points to a creator?

Other reasons?


Being brought up in a religious environment? Not really.

My adoptive mother had a belief of sorts, and my father claimed to have but didn't really. However it was her pocket edition of the New English Bible New Testament, that really woke my interest, for quite some time I read it over and over again from start to finish, but mostly the Gospels and the letters. Revelation was just a little over my head at the age of somewhere between 8 and 10;

It also opened my eyes to the lies we are all taught in the Churches and started my search for the one true faith, using what I had learned from scripture as a standard for them to measure up to.

Evidence that points to a creator?

The more I look at what is around us in creation, the more science I learn, the more I see that the only rational answer is that there is a creator, and that he is the one whose thoughts were written down for us to read in what became the Bible.

Personal experience?

Since then I have had much personal experience of the strength and support that Jehovah can provide, yes.

However, before that I also had experience of just how powerful Satan is also, even though he is having to work under restriction to prove his case.

The bold underlined is your claim to religious upbringing.
Look at that, no baptist anything.
We all love your lies mad.
You just can't help telling even more ridiculous lies to try and support your earlier lies.
That is true, but I still attended a Baptist Sunday School, though I doubt it had anything much to do with religion, more a way of getting me out of the house.
You attended sunday school that had nothing to do with religious teaching but reading your mum's bible proved to you that churches teach were teaching LIES.
That is a blatant LIE.
My Mother believed in God, though knew little about him and attended church infrequently, and never spoke about her beliefs. I do not call that a religious background.
So once again you claim not to have any religious background but claim that your reading a bible proved to you that the teachings of these unknown religions were false.
My father likewise, though I am not sure he even really believed, and he attended church far less than mother did. I suspect his faith was more of a "just in case" sort of faith, no faith at all really. I wouldn't call that a religious background either really.
So once again you admit that you had no knowledge of religious teachings and yet you were convinced by the bible that those unknown teachings were wrong.
That is a LIE.
Note I did not reply "no not at all", I simply said what you have underlined.
Yes and you have done even better at exposing your lie.
Not really, mean what is says, "sort of, not irreligious, just not really religious".
You have admitted further in this post that you knew nothing of church teachings and could therefore have not recognised their teachings as false. You didn't know what they taught.
I have still said on here more than once that I attended that Sunday School;.
Provide evidence of this, I haven't seen it and you admit that you received no religious instruction in that school.
Were you really too dumb to understand that?
Oh no poor little mad.
Once again I've proved you to be a liar of enormous stupidity.

Nope, the only one you have proved that about is the one you see when you look ion the mirror.

Will you look at that.
I respond to every lying claim mad makes and his absolute best response is to hand wave away everything.
Everybody here understands why that is, it's because mad is a compulsive liar.
Religion is just mind control. George Carlin