Total Posts:35|Showing Posts:1-30|Last Page
Jump to topic:

Why do Christians point to the sky?

deetoodee
Posts: 50
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/10/2015 12:25:02 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
Are you a Christian who points to the sky when something good happens to you?

Why do you point to the sky when something good happens to you?

Do you point to the sky when something bad or evil happens to you? If you don't, why not?
Alpha3141
Posts: 154
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/10/2015 12:58:06 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 9/10/2015 12:25:02 AM, deetoodee wrote:
Are you a Christian who points to the sky when something good happens to you?

Why do you point to the sky when something good happens to you?

Do you point to the sky when something bad or evil happens to you? If you don't, why not?

Umm, why would I point to the sky?
tstor
Posts: 1,467
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/10/2015 1:04:57 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 9/10/2015 12:25:02 AM, deetoodee wrote:
Are you a Christian who points to the sky when something good happens to you?

Why do you point to the sky when something good happens to you?

Do you point to the sky when something bad or evil happens to you? If you don't, why not?
Who does this?
"The afternoon came down as imperceptibly as age comes to a happy man. A little gold entered into the sunlight. The bay became bluer and dimpled with shore-wind ripples. Those lonely fishermen who believe that the fish bite at high tide left their rocks, and their places were taken by others, who were convinced that the fish bite at low tide." (John Steinbeck; Tortilla Flat, 1935)
seeu46
Posts: 578
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/10/2015 1:13:39 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 9/10/2015 12:25:02 AM, deetoodee wrote:
Are you a Christian who points to the sky when something good happens to you?

Why do you point to the sky when something good happens to you?

Do you point to the sky when something bad or evil happens to you? If you don't, why not?

I'm actually guilty of this. Because it represents the "MOST HIGH" GOD.

Do I point when a bad thing happens to me. Nope. I worship the Lord much harder when a bad thing happens to me. For example I fall to my knees and face plant my head to the ground. So I worship him with both the good and the bad in Jesus name. Amen.
deetoodee
Posts: 50
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/10/2015 1:22:24 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 9/10/2015 12:58:06 AM, Alpha3141 wrote:
At 9/10/2015 12:25:02 AM, deetoodee wrote:
Are you a Christian who points to the sky when something good happens to you?

Why do you point to the sky when something good happens to you?

Do you point to the sky when something bad or evil happens to you? If you don't, why not?

Umm, why would I point to the sky? : :

Why do you ask me a question when I was looking for an answer to my questions?
deetoodee
Posts: 50
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/10/2015 1:24:42 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 9/10/2015 1:04:57 AM, tstor wrote:
At 9/10/2015 12:25:02 AM, deetoodee wrote:
Are you a Christian who points to the sky when something good happens to you?

Why do you point to the sky when something good happens to you?

Do you point to the sky when something bad or evil happens to you? If you don't, why not?
Who does this? : :

You must not be very observant of what Christian athletes do when something good happens to them in a game.
tstor
Posts: 1,467
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/10/2015 1:26:08 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 9/10/2015 1:24:42 AM, deetoodee wrote:

You must not be very observant of what Christian athletes do when something good happens to them in a game.
Doesn't happen much in basketball to my knowledge.
"The afternoon came down as imperceptibly as age comes to a happy man. A little gold entered into the sunlight. The bay became bluer and dimpled with shore-wind ripples. Those lonely fishermen who believe that the fish bite at high tide left their rocks, and their places were taken by others, who were convinced that the fish bite at low tide." (John Steinbeck; Tortilla Flat, 1935)
deetoodee
Posts: 50
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/10/2015 1:26:17 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 9/10/2015 1:13:39 AM, seeu46 wrote:
At 9/10/2015 12:25:02 AM, deetoodee wrote:
Are you a Christian who points to the sky when something good happens to you?

Why do you point to the sky when something good happens to you?

Do you point to the sky when something bad or evil happens to you? If you don't, why not?

I'm actually guilty of this. Because it represents the "MOST HIGH" GOD.

Do I point when a bad thing happens to me. Nope. I worship the Lord much harder when a bad thing happens to me. For example I fall to my knees and face plant my head to the ground. So I worship him with both the good and the bad in Jesus name. Amen. : :

Why do you feel the need to worship the Lord harder when something bad happens to you? Did someone tell you to do that?
deetoodee
Posts: 50
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/10/2015 1:28:28 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 9/10/2015 1:26:08 AM, tstor wrote:
At 9/10/2015 1:24:42 AM, deetoodee wrote:

You must not be very observant of what Christian athletes do when something good happens to them in a game.
Doesn't happen much in basketball to my knowledge. : :

Have you ever noticed a Christian pointing to the sky when praising their Lord?
tstor
Posts: 1,467
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/10/2015 1:30:37 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 9/10/2015 1:28:28 AM, deetoodee wrote:

Have you ever noticed a Christian pointing to the sky when praising their Lord?
On very rare occasions I have seen it. Mainly in movies.
"The afternoon came down as imperceptibly as age comes to a happy man. A little gold entered into the sunlight. The bay became bluer and dimpled with shore-wind ripples. Those lonely fishermen who believe that the fish bite at high tide left their rocks, and their places were taken by others, who were convinced that the fish bite at low tide." (John Steinbeck; Tortilla Flat, 1935)
annanicole
Posts: 19,782
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/10/2015 1:32:23 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 9/10/2015 12:25:02 AM, deetoodee wrote:
Are you a Christian who points to the sky when something good happens to you?

No
Madcornishbiker: "No, I don't need a dictionary, I know how scripture uses words and that is all I need to now."
deetoodee
Posts: 50
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/10/2015 1:33:43 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 9/10/2015 1:30:37 AM, tstor wrote:
At 9/10/2015 1:28:28 AM, deetoodee wrote:

Have you ever noticed a Christian pointing to the sky when praising their Lord?
On very rare occasions I have seen it. Mainly in movies. : :

I've seen it happen in churches, on the streets, in many sporting events, and in concerts when musicians point to the sky.

Do you know why Christians do that?
tstor
Posts: 1,467
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/10/2015 1:35:01 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 9/10/2015 1:33:43 AM, deetoodee wrote:

Do you know why Christians do that?
To show appreciation to God for a good thing that happened probably.
"The afternoon came down as imperceptibly as age comes to a happy man. A little gold entered into the sunlight. The bay became bluer and dimpled with shore-wind ripples. Those lonely fishermen who believe that the fish bite at high tide left their rocks, and their places were taken by others, who were convinced that the fish bite at low tide." (John Steinbeck; Tortilla Flat, 1935)
deetoodee
Posts: 50
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/10/2015 1:35:13 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 9/10/2015 1:32:23 AM, annanicole wrote:
At 9/10/2015 12:25:02 AM, deetoodee wrote:
Are you a Christian who points to the sky when something good happens to you?

No : :

What do you do when something good happens to you?
deetoodee
Posts: 50
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/10/2015 1:35:52 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 9/10/2015 1:35:01 AM, tstor wrote:
At 9/10/2015 1:33:43 AM, deetoodee wrote:

Do you know why Christians do that?
To show appreciation to God for a good thing that happened probably. : :

Does God live in the sky?
tstor
Posts: 1,467
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/10/2015 1:37:00 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 9/10/2015 1:35:52 AM, deetoodee wrote:

Does God live in the sky?
No, but it is more reasonable than pointing to dirt.
"The afternoon came down as imperceptibly as age comes to a happy man. A little gold entered into the sunlight. The bay became bluer and dimpled with shore-wind ripples. Those lonely fishermen who believe that the fish bite at high tide left their rocks, and their places were taken by others, who were convinced that the fish bite at low tide." (John Steinbeck; Tortilla Flat, 1935)
deetoodee
Posts: 50
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/10/2015 1:39:25 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 9/10/2015 1:37:00 AM, tstor wrote:
At 9/10/2015 1:35:52 AM, deetoodee wrote:

Does God live in the sky?
No, but it is more reasonable than pointing to dirt. : :

Do you know what constellations are and the purpose of them?
annanicole
Posts: 19,782
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/10/2015 1:40:37 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 9/10/2015 1:35:13 AM, deetoodee wrote:
At 9/10/2015 1:32:23 AM, annanicole wrote:
At 9/10/2015 12:25:02 AM, deetoodee wrote:
Are you a Christian who points to the sky when something good happens to you?

No : :

What do you do when something good happens to you?

Smile, usually. But I frown when something bad happens.
Madcornishbiker: "No, I don't need a dictionary, I know how scripture uses words and that is all I need to now."
tstor
Posts: 1,467
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/10/2015 1:40:43 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 9/10/2015 1:39:25 AM, deetoodee wrote:

Do you know what constellations are and the purpose of them?
Of course.
"The afternoon came down as imperceptibly as age comes to a happy man. A little gold entered into the sunlight. The bay became bluer and dimpled with shore-wind ripples. Those lonely fishermen who believe that the fish bite at high tide left their rocks, and their places were taken by others, who were convinced that the fish bite at low tide." (John Steinbeck; Tortilla Flat, 1935)
deetoodee
Posts: 50
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/10/2015 1:42:21 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 9/10/2015 1:40:37 AM, annanicole wrote:
At 9/10/2015 1:35:13 AM, deetoodee wrote:
At 9/10/2015 1:32:23 AM, annanicole wrote:
At 9/10/2015 12:25:02 AM, deetoodee wrote:
Are you a Christian who points to the sky when something good happens to you?

No : :

What do you do when something good happens to you?

Smile, usually. But I frown when something bad happens. : :

Do you give God the credit for making you smile or frown?
deetoodee
Posts: 50
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/10/2015 1:43:30 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 9/10/2015 1:40:43 AM, tstor wrote:
At 9/10/2015 1:39:25 AM, deetoodee wrote:

Do you know what constellations are and the purpose of them?
Of course. : :

Do you know that the crucifix idea came from constellations?
tstor
Posts: 1,467
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/10/2015 1:45:33 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 9/10/2015 1:43:30 AM, deetoodee wrote:

Do you know that the crucifix idea came from constellations?
No, I guess I missed that during my theological studies.
"The afternoon came down as imperceptibly as age comes to a happy man. A little gold entered into the sunlight. The bay became bluer and dimpled with shore-wind ripples. Those lonely fishermen who believe that the fish bite at high tide left their rocks, and their places were taken by others, who were convinced that the fish bite at low tide." (John Steinbeck; Tortilla Flat, 1935)
deetoodee
Posts: 50
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/10/2015 1:52:19 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 9/10/2015 1:45:33 AM, tstor wrote:
At 9/10/2015 1:43:30 AM, deetoodee wrote:

Do you know that the crucifix idea came from constellations?
No, I guess I missed that during my theological studies. : :'

Didn't you learn how important constellations were in your theological studies?
tstor
Posts: 1,467
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/10/2015 1:54:09 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 9/10/2015 1:52:19 AM, deetoodee wrote:

Didn't you learn how important constellations were in your theological studies?
Sure, but not as important as you are suggesting.
"The afternoon came down as imperceptibly as age comes to a happy man. A little gold entered into the sunlight. The bay became bluer and dimpled with shore-wind ripples. Those lonely fishermen who believe that the fish bite at high tide left their rocks, and their places were taken by others, who were convinced that the fish bite at low tide." (John Steinbeck; Tortilla Flat, 1935)
deetoodee
Posts: 50
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/10/2015 1:59:30 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 9/10/2015 1:54:09 AM, tstor wrote:
At 9/10/2015 1:52:19 AM, deetoodee wrote:

Didn't you learn how important constellations were in your theological studies?
Sure, but not as important as you are suggesting. : :

God used constellations to teach his people various building shapes to start building their false gods. Why do you think it was important that man built false gods?
tstor
Posts: 1,467
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/10/2015 2:03:53 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 9/10/2015 1:59:30 AM, deetoodee wrote:

God used constellations to teach his people various building shapes to start building their false gods. Why do you think it was important that man built false gods?
Is this Brad?
"The afternoon came down as imperceptibly as age comes to a happy man. A little gold entered into the sunlight. The bay became bluer and dimpled with shore-wind ripples. Those lonely fishermen who believe that the fish bite at high tide left their rocks, and their places were taken by others, who were convinced that the fish bite at low tide." (John Steinbeck; Tortilla Flat, 1935)
deetoodee
Posts: 50
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/10/2015 2:33:47 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 9/10/2015 2:03:53 AM, tstor wrote:
At 9/10/2015 1:59:30 AM, deetoodee wrote:

God used constellations to teach his people various building shapes to start building their false gods. Why do you think it was important that man built false gods?
Is this Brad? : :

Does it make a difference in your ability to listen to the voice of God if I'm Brad or not?
seeu46
Posts: 578
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/10/2015 3:01:09 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 9/10/2015 1:26:17 AM, deetoodee wrote:
At 9/10/2015 1:13:39 AM, seeu46 wrote:
At 9/10/2015 12:25:02 AM, deetoodee wrote:
Are you a Christian who points to the sky when something good happens to you?

Why do you point to the sky when something good happens to you?

Do you point to the sky when something bad or evil happens to you? If you don't, why not?

I'm actually guilty of this. Because it represents the "MOST HIGH" GOD.

Do I point when a bad thing happens to me. Nope. I worship the Lord much harder when a bad thing happens to me. For example I fall to my knees and face plant my head to the ground. So I worship him with both the good and the bad in Jesus name. Amen. : :

Why do you feel the need to worship the Lord harder when something bad happens to you?

Because I am unworthy in my tribulations despite him always helping me through it.

Did someone tell you to do that?

Not really just my understanding of my weakness and my way to love God.
Sooner
Posts: 1,012
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/10/2015 3:33:23 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 9/10/2015 12:25:02 AM, deetoodee wrote:
Are you a Christian who points to the sky when something good happens to you?

Why do you point to the sky when something good happens to you?

Do you point to the sky when something bad or evil happens to you? If you don't, why not?

It's a symbolization of giving God thanks, a gesture to God, and a statement of faith. I've pointed up during times of trial to mean I'm looking to God even in bad times. Faith doesn't mean much if it only has execution during the good times. I tend to point up about the same on both accounts. This is simply because I just point up in general because I look to him and not just my own self absorbed intellect. I had to learn to get out of my own way. Only then did I find God and His grace. Intellect isn't intellect at all. It's an arogant distraction from true knowledge. We are pions in our ability to assess reality. There are so many unanswered ideas in our reality, yet humanity acts like it knows some deep scientific truth. Our truth today scientifically is tomorrow's lack of truth or adding onto of the truth. Our ancesters 1,000 years from now(God willing) will view our "knowledge" as archaic and nonsense and childlike or ignorant. God only shows anything when we step out of our own way and listen and watch and hope and love. I only have seen God and signs of God when down on my knees, broken, and pointing up. God is seen clearest when you have only a miracle to depend on and you have faith with no reason logically to have faith. When you hit bottom, you find God is the rock at the bottom. He dwells and is seen most obviously when you are in the mud on your back because when you're on your back and have faith, there is only one way to look, and that is up.
Ignoring problems doesn't make them go away.
annanicole
Posts: 19,782
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/10/2015 3:49:31 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 9/10/2015 1:42:21 AM, deetoodee wrote:
At 9/10/2015 1:40:37 AM, annanicole wrote:
At 9/10/2015 1:35:13 AM, deetoodee wrote:
At 9/10/2015 1:32:23 AM, annanicole wrote:
At 9/10/2015 12:25:02 AM, deetoodee wrote:
Are you a Christian who points to the sky when something good happens to you?

No : :

What do you do when something good happens to you?

Smile, usually. But I frown when something bad happens. : :

Do you give God the credit for making you smile or frown?

No
Madcornishbiker: "No, I don't need a dictionary, I know how scripture uses words and that is all I need to now."