Jump to topic:

New Testament midrash?

SNP1
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/10/2015 7:21:48 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
Is the New Testament (specifically the Gospels) just midrash of the Old Testament and other ancient stories?
PhD historian Robert Price provides some evidence that the New Testament is, in fact, midrash in this article:
http://www.robertmprice.mindvendor.com...

What are your thoughts?
#TheApatheticNihilistPartyofAmerica
#WarOnDDO
deetoodee
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/10/2015 10:29:27 PM
At 9/10/2015 7:21:48 PM, SNP1 wrote:
Is the New Testament (specifically the Gospels) just midrash of the Old Testament and other ancient stories?
PhD historian Robert Price provides some evidence that the New Testament is, in fact, midrash in this article:

What are your thoughts? : :'

The new testament is a mixture of thoughts that confuse everyone who reads it.
kjw47
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/10/2015 11:04:18 PM
At 9/10/2015 10:29:27 PM, deetoodee wrote:

Not everyone, only those in darkness. Jesus' real anointed teachers are here on earth, truths are revealed through them from holy spirit. All real Christians are united in love, peace and thought=no division-1Cor 1:10)--that means the disunified mass of confusion known as trinity religions are a divided house, they will not stand-Mark 3:24-26--makes ones choice easier.
deetoodee
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/10/2015 11:07:37 PM
At 9/10/2015 11:04:18 PM, kjw47 wrote:

Not everyone, only those in darkness. Jesus' real anointed teachers are here on earth, truths are revealed through them from holy spirit. All real Christians are united in love, peace and thought=no division-1Cor 1:10)--that means the disunified mass of confusion known as trinity religions are a divided house, they will not stand-Mark 3:24-26--makes ones choice easier. : :

Not one Christian was used by God to testify to His Word ( knowledge ) and learn about the future or how He created everything. God used people called saints to testify for Him, not Christians.

Christians have been divided ever since the first religious Jews starting stealing the words that the saints were preaching to God's believers. God's saints didn't start Christianity, which is another religion that the Jews started besides Judaism.
kjw47
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/11/2015 8:23:10 PM
At 9/10/2015 11:07:37 PM, deetoodee wrote:

Not everyone, only those in darkness. Jesus' real anointed teachers are here on earth, truths are revealed through them from holy spirit. All real Christians are united in love, peace and thought=no division-1Cor 1:10)--that means the disunified mass of confusion known as trinity religions are a divided house, they will not stand-Mark 3:24-26--makes ones choice easier. : :

Not one Christian was used by God to testify to His Word ( knowledge ) and learn about the future or how He created everything. God used people called saints to testify for Him, not Christians.

Christians have been divided ever since the first religious Jews starting stealing the words that the saints were preaching to God's believers. God's saints didn't start Christianity, which is another religion that the Jews started besides Judaism.

Jesus started a new religion--it was called-- the way-- back then, Even the Pharisees commented that it was a sect( cult)--- The Israelites have been cut off of being Gods chosen-Matt 23:37-38)- they have rejected Jesus for over 1950 years, it will not change now. Spiritual Israel is the new chosen ones--they serve the God of Israel=a single being God named-YHVH(Jehovah)= John 4:22-24) and accept Jesus as the Messiah.
They are a unified in love, peace and thought, brotherhood, worldwide. no division.
witness2
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/11/2015 8:35:09 PM
At 9/11/2015 8:23:10 PM, kjw47 wrote:

Jesus started a new religion--it was called-- the way-- back then, Even the Pharisees commented that it was a sect( cult)--- The Israelites have been cut off of being Gods chosen-Matt 23:37-38)- they have rejected Jesus for over 1950 years, it will not change now. Spiritual Israel is the new chosen ones--they serve the God of Israel=a single being God named-YHVH(Jehovah)= John 4:22-24) and accept Jesus as the Messiah.
They are a unified in love, peace and thought, brotherhood, worldwide. no division. : :

Jesus didn't start any religion. He preached the gospel to those already chosen by our Father to listen to it.

John 15
16: You did not choose me, but I chose you and appointed you that you should go and bear fruit and that your fruit should abide so that whatever you ask the Father in my name, he may give it to you.

Our Father blinded most of his people from hearing the gospel but not forever. His plan is to reveal himself to all his people, Jacob and Israel.

Ezekiel 39
25: "Therefore thus says the Lord GOD: Now I will restore the fortunes of Jacob, and have mercy upon the whole house of Israel; and I will be jealous for my holy name.
26: They shall forget their shame, and all the treachery they have practiced against me, when they dwell securely in their land with none to make them afraid,
27: when I have brought them back from the peoples and gathered them from their enemies' lands, and through them have vindicated my holiness in the sight of many nations.
28: Then they shall know that I am the LORD their God because I sent them into exile among the nations, and then gathered them into their own land. I will leave none of them remaining among the nations any more;
29: and I will not hide my face any more from them, when I pour out my Spirit upon the house of Israel, says the Lord GOD."
kjw47
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/11/2015 11:31:01 PM
At 9/11/2015 8:35:09 PM, witness2 wrote:

They are a unified in love, peace and thought, brotherhood, worldwide. no division. : :

Jesus didn't start any religion. He preached the gospel to those already chosen by our Father to listen to it.

John 15
16: You did not choose me, but I chose you and appointed you that you should go and bear fruit and that your fruit should abide so that whatever you ask the Father in my name, he may give it to you.

Our Father blinded most of his people from hearing the gospel but not forever. His plan is to reveal himself to all his people, Jacob and Israel.

Ezekiel 39
25: "Therefore thus says the Lord GOD: Now I will restore the fortunes of Jacob, and have mercy upon the whole house of Israel; and I will be jealous for my holy name.
26: They shall forget their shame, and all the treachery they have practiced against me, when they dwell securely in their land with none to make them afraid,
27: when I have brought them back from the peoples and gathered them from their enemies' lands, and through them have vindicated my holiness in the sight of many nations.
28: Then they shall know that I am the LORD their God because I sent them into exile among the nations, and then gathered them into their own land. I will leave none of them remaining among the nations any more;
29: and I will not hide my face any more from them, when I pour out my Spirit upon the house of Israel, says the Lord GOD."

The fact that the Pharisees called the new religion a sect--proves it was a new religion that began. Acts 24:5,14
annanicole
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/11/2015 11:37:09 PM
At 9/11/2015 11:31:01 PM, kjw47 wrote:

The fact that the Pharisees called the new religion a sect--proves it was a new religion that began. Acts 24:5,14

LOL No, it doesn't. It actually doesn't prove much of anything, for the Pharisees were prone to make inaccurate statements anyhow.

A sect is:

"a group of people with somewhat different religious beliefs (typically regarded as heretical) from those of a larger religious group to which they belong"

.... to which they belong. Thus Christianity was not a sect. It was not merely a denomination. It was all new, from the ground up. This is the meaning of Jesus's parables concerning the old cloth/new garment and new wine/old wineskins in Matt 9. It also stands to reason that we do not run back to Isaiah in order to conjure up a name.
Madcornishbiker: "No, I don't need a dictionary, I know how scripture uses words and that is all I need to now."
kjw47
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/11/2015 11:53:16 PM
At 9/11/2015 11:37:09 PM, annanicole wrote:

LOL No, it doesn't. It actually doesn't prove much of anything, for the Pharisees were prone to make inaccurate statements anyhow.

A sect is:

"a group of people with somewhat different religious beliefs (typically regarded as heretical) from those of a larger religious group to which they belong"

.... to which they belong. Thus Christianity was not a sect. It was not merely a denomination. It was all new, from the ground up. This is the meaning of Jesus's parables concerning the old cloth/new garment and new wine/old wineskins in Matt 9. It also stands to reason that we do not run back to Isaiah in order to conjure up a name.

Yes Annanicole--Jesus told the IsrAelite teachers they were sons of vipers, white washed graves--they did not repent--a new religion began, they gathered in houses to learn the new covenant and the good news about Jesus and Gods kingdom--the Israelite teachers surely refused to teach the good news of Jesus--they were cut off as Gods chosen-Matt 23:37-38-- a new religion began--they served the God of Israel=YHVH(Jehovah) a single being God and accepted Jesus as the Messiah.
Once the apostles and true followers were all murdered--years later this rose up in its place=2Thess 2:3--the great apostasy. not until these last days did truth come back=Daniel 12:4
annanicole
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/11/2015 11:58:09 PM
At 9/11/2015 11:53:16 PM, kjw47 wrote:

A sect is:

Yes Annanicole--Jesus told the IsrAelite teachers they were sons of vipers, white washed graves--they did not repent--a new religion began, they gathered in houses to learn the new covenant and the good news about Jesus and Gods kingdom--the Israelite teachers surely refused to teach the good news of Jesus--they were cut off as Gods chosen-Matt 23:37-38-- a new religion began--they served the God of Israel=YHVH(Jehovah) a single being God and accepted Jesus as the Messiah.
Once the apostles and true followers were all murdered--years later this rose up in its place=2Thess 2:3--the great apostasy. not until these last days did truth come back=Daniel 12:4

Then you don't run back to an old obsolete covenant in order to just manufacture out of thin air a name for a group professing to follow Christ.
Madcornishbiker: "No, I don't need a dictionary, I know how scripture uses words and that is all I need to now."
SNP1
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/12/2015 12:06:57 AM
So, is no one going to remain on topic?
#WarOnDDO
kjw47
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/12/2015 7:39:11 PM
At 9/11/2015 11:58:09 PM, annanicole wrote:

A sect is:

Then you don't run back to an old obsolete covenant in order to just manufacture out of thin air a name for a group professing to follow Christ.

Can you be more specific?
kjw47
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/12/2015 7:44:06 PM
At 9/12/2015 12:06:57 AM, SNP1 wrote:
So, is no one going to remain on topic?

The nt is about a new covenant, the son of God brought with him= Love--not written on paper law but written on ones heart law. Where there is still similarities, in the ot one could make sacrafices to get sin blotted out--in the nt only repentence( the stopping of the doing of sin) gets sin blotted out( Acts 3:19)
Plus the new covenant made between Jehovah, Jesus and the little flock( Luke 12:32) = 144,000 are bought from the earth to heaven to rule as kings and priests alongside of Jesus during his reign.
annanicole
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/12/2015 8:21:25 PM
At 9/12/2015 7:39:11 PM, kjw47 wrote:

A sect is:

The #1 defense of the name "Jehovah's Witnesses" involves an excursion all the way back into Isaiah. In fact, I've yet to see anyone take up a New Testament and try very hard to justify such a name. The #2 defense is simply that the JW's "prayerfully considered" it, then "joyfully accepted" the name. Defense #2, of course, falls under its own weight.
kjw47
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/12/2015 9:30:08 PM
At 9/12/2015 8:21:25 PM, annanicole wrote:

A sect is:

The #1 defense of the name "Jehovah's Witnesses" involves an excursion all the way back into Isaiah. In fact, I've yet to see anyone take up a New Testament and try very hard to justify such a name. The #2 defense is simply that the JW's "prayerfully considered" it, then "joyfully accepted" the name. Defense #2, of course, falls under its own weight.

Jesus is the #1 witness-Rev 1:5-- every true servant from the beginning has been a witness of Jehovah, unseen yet 100% proof he is real and the only true living God. All are witnesses of his wonderful creation. Yet the majority do not know him.
You too could be a witness of Jehovah, alls you have to do is believe Jesus over mens dogmas, like my teachers do. All witnesses of Jehovah today believe Jesus over schooled mens dogmas. The door remains open.
annanicole
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/12/2015 9:32:43 PM
At 9/12/2015 9:30:08 PM, kjw47 wrote:

A sect is:

Jesus is the #1 witness-Rev 1:5-- every true servant from the beginning has been a witness of Jehovah, unseen yet 100% proof he is real and the only true living God. All are witnesses of his wonderful creation. Yet the majority do not know him.
You too could be a witness of Jehovah, alls you have to do is believe Jesus over mens dogmas, like my teachers do. All witnesses of Jehovah today believe Jesus over schooled mens dogmas. The door remains open.

You'll need to cite passages in confirmation of the above. As far as I know, the NT says not one word about a group known as "Jehovah's Witnesses." The fact that Jesus is called "the faithful and true witness" hardly give you the right to fabricate a name.
kjw47
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/12/2015 10:14:45 PM
At 9/12/2015 9:32:43 PM, annanicole wrote:

A sect is:

You'll need to cite passages in confirmation of the above. As far as I know, the NT says not one word about a group known as "Jehovah's Witnesses." The fact that Jesus is called "the faithful and true witness" hardly give you the right to fabricate a name.

The name of the true religion doesn't mean too much in the overall picture--teaching what Jesus taught counts for it all, and I know by years of study with The Jw's--they teach not only every single teaching Jesus gave to us but every utterance from God as well.
annanicole
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/12/2015 11:01:24 PM
At 9/12/2015 10:14:45 PM, kjw47 wrote:

A sect is:

The name of the true religion doesn't mean too much in the overall picture--teaching what Jesus taught counts for it all, and I know by years of study with The Jw's--they teach not only every single teaching Jesus gave to us but every utterance from God as well.

Well, it looks like they didn't exercise much caution when it came to turning to the NT to see what name they should be called.
kjw47
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/12/2015 11:52:36 PM
At 9/12/2015 11:01:24 PM, annanicole wrote:

A sect is:

Well, it looks like they didn't exercise much caution when it came to turning to the NT to see what name they should be called.

There is nothing in the nt to say what name the religion would be called here in these last days--But Jesus did promise to keep making Gods name known( John 17:26-- What a great way to have it done by using that name as the name of his religion.
annanicole
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/13/2015 12:24:07 AM
At 9/12/2015 11:52:36 PM, kjw47 wrote:

A sect is:

There is nothing in the nt to say what name the religion would be called here in these last days

Then I guess it'll be called whatever it was called under inspiration in the New Testament.
SNP1
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/13/2015 2:42:12 AM
again, no one wants to actually talk about the topic from the OP?
#WarOnDDO
witness2
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/13/2015 3:46:59 AM
At 9/12/2015 11:52:36 PM, kjw47 wrote:

A sect is:

There is nothing in the nt to say what name the religion would be called here in these last days--But Jesus did promise to keep making Gods name known( John 17:26-- What a great way to have it done by using that name as the name of his religion. : :

The Christianity that formed from the time the saints started testifying to the Word of God came from the Beast, which is where all religions were formed from by the building of false gods.

The Jews were into the practice of building false gods and teaching false doctrines that came out of Babylon. These practices continued with the Jewish people who adopted some of the words the saints wrote and spoke. Christianity was formed by these religious Jews and became very popular throughout the Roman Empire while the saints were warning God's believers about the false gospels those religious people were preaching.

The saints never called themselves Christians because they knew they were God's chosen saints who are not Christians at all. The believers they witnessed to might have been called Christians by the religious Christians who practiced false doctrines and preached false gospels but that doesn't mean the believers called themselves Christians back then. They were chosen to listen to the true gospel that the saints were preaching to them. All the saints and some of the believers were killed because of the jealous of the religious Jews and Christians who were actually known as antichrists by the saints.
witness2
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/13/2015 3:50:39 AM
At 9/13/2015 2:42:12 AM, SNP1 wrote:
again, no one wants to actually talk about the topic from the OP? : ;

The New Testament is a mix of Jewish traditions, Babylonian pagan teachings and a few bits of knowledge that God's saints wrote and spoke to God's believers. In other words, the true gospel that the saints preached became tainted by the religious pagans who ended up writing the books of the New Testament and putting them together without them knowing who God is.
annanicole
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/13/2015 3:56:31 AM
At 9/13/2015 3:50:39 AM, witness2 wrote:

The New Testament is a mix of Jewish traditions, Babylonian pagan teachings and a few bits of knowledge that God's saints wrote and spoke to God's believers. In other words, the true gospel that the saints preached became tainted by the religious pagans who ended up writing the books of the New Testament and putting them together without them knowing who God is.

Uh oh. The nut is back.
witness2
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/13/2015 3:57:30 AM
At 9/13/2015 3:56:31 AM, annanicole wrote:

Uh oh. The nut is back. : :

The Word of God will not leave until the nut is killed. Then you will be left alone to defend your lies.
annanicole
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/13/2015 3:59:20 AM
At 9/13/2015 3:57:30 AM, witness2 wrote:

The Word of God will not leave until the nut is killed. Then you will be left alone to defend your lies.

LOL @ "killed". You'll probably die a natural death as an old, crazy man.
witness2
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/13/2015 4:01:53 AM
At 9/13/2015 3:59:20 AM, annanicole wrote:

LOL @ "killed". You'll probably die a natural death as an old, crazy man. : :

You have never known me, Me or the Word of God that I testify to.
annanicole
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/13/2015 4:03:20 AM
At 9/13/2015 4:01:53 AM, witness2 wrote:

So? The odds are that you'll die a natural death as just another crazy old man.
witness2
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/13/2015 4:14:27 AM
At 9/13/2015 4:03:20 AM, annanicole wrote:

So? The odds are that you'll die a natural death as just another crazy old man. : :

It's impossible for Me to die because death isn't something that is real. It's only an illusion that God's people believe in.
annanicole
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/13/2015 4:22:09 AM
At 9/13/2015 4:14:27 AM, witness2 wrote:
At 9/13/2015 4:03:20 AM, annanicole wrote:

So? The odds are that you'll die a natural death as just another crazy old man. : :

It's impossible for Me to die because death isn't something that is real.

Maybe that's why you didn't get assassinated back in January.