Jesus question

MadCornishBiker
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/11/2015 12:59:19 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 9/11/2015 12:18:14 PM, Sarra wrote:
Are there any sin(s) that Jesus/God does not forgive?

Yes, those which are described as sins against holy spirit.

They are not defined very clearly, but they appear to be things such as:

Criticising the actions and effects of holy spirit.

Any sin committed in the full and accurate knowledge of it's sinfulness, and with complete and absolute disregard of the views of Christ and his father about such actions.

Knowingly and determinedly teaching as an Anti-Christ, or worker of lawlessness.

Deliberate, and knowingly lying about Jehovah, his son, their followers in order to inhibit Jehovah's purposes.

Exactly what will come under those headings is impossible to be certain about, so one must constantly be careful what one does or says so as not to act against holy spirit.

It is far more likely to affect those who have been granted holy spirit to guide them than to any other.
Sarra
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/11/2015 1:36:42 PM
At 9/11/2015 12:59:19 PM, MadCornishBiker wrote:

Any sin committed in the full and accurate knowledge of it's sinfulness, and with complete and absolute disregard of the views of Christ and his father about such actions.

Knowingly and determinedly teaching as an Anti-Christ, or worker of lawlessness.

Deliberate, and knowingly lying about Jehovah, his son, their followers in order to inhibit Jehovah's purposes.

Exactly what will come under those headings is impossible to be certain about, so one must constantly be careful what one does or says so as not to act against holy spirit.

It is far more likely to affect those who have been granted holy spirit to guide them than to any other.

Interesting. I honestly didn't know that blasphemy against the holy spirit was a sin (and its many similar forms). Are there any others?
iam52
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/11/2015 1:49:46 PM
Are there any sin(s) that Jesus/God does not forgive? : :

All flesh of this world are blasphemers ( sinners ) of the Holy Spirit. This is why all flesh perishes without ever being used again in the next age. Everything else is forgiven so the spirit of man will be saved from their wicked flesh of this world and will get new flesh in Paradise.

Genesis 6
12: And God saw the earth, and behold, it was corrupt; for all flesh had corrupted their way upon the earth.
13: And God said to Noah, "I have determined to make an end of all flesh; for the earth is filled with violence through them; behold, I will destroy them with the earth.

Ecclesiastes 3
19: For the fate of the sons of men and the fate of beasts is the same; as one dies, so dies the other. They all have the same breath, and man has no advantage over the beasts; for all is vanity.
20: All go to one place; all are from the dust, and all turn to dust again.

I Corinthians 5:
5: you are to deliver this man to Satan for the destruction of the flesh, that his spirit may be saved in the day of the Lord Jesus.

Ezekiel 37:
1: The hand of the LORD was upon me, and he brought me out by the Spirit of the LORD, and set me down in the midst of the valley; it was full of bones.
2: And he led me round among them; and behold, there were very many upon the valley; and lo, they were very dry.
3: And he said to me, "Son of man, can these bones live?" And I answered, "O Lord GOD, thou knowest."
4: Again he said to me, "Prophesy to these bones, and say to them, O dry bones, hear the word of the LORD.
5: Thus says the Lord GOD to these bones: Behold, I will cause breath to enter you, and you shall live.
6: And I will lay sinews upon you, and will cause flesh to come upon you, and cover you with skin, and put breath in you, and you shall live; and you shall know that I am the LORD."
7: So I prophesied as I was commanded; and as I prophesied, there was a noise, and behold, a rattling; and the bones came together, bone to its bone.
8: And as I looked, there were sinews on them, and flesh had come upon them, and skin had covered them; but there was no breath in them.
9: Then he said to me, "Prophesy to the breath, prophesy, son of man, and say to the breath, Thus says the Lord GOD: Come from the four winds, O breath, and breathe upon these slain, that they may live."
10: So I prophesied as he commanded me, and the breath came into them, and they lived, and stood upon their feet, an exceedingly great host.
11: Then he said to me, "Son of man, these bones are the whole house of Israel. Behold, they say, `Our bones are dried up, and our hope is lost; we are clean cut off.'
12: Therefore prophesy, and say to them, Thus says the Lord GOD: Behold, I will open your graves, and raise you from your graves, O my people; and I will bring you home into the land of Israel.
13: And you shall know that I am the LORD, when I open your graves, and raise you from your graves, O my people.
14: And I will put my Spirit within you, and you shall live, and I will place you in your own land; then you shall know that I, the LORD, have spoken, and I have done it, says the LORD."
JJ50
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/11/2015 2:32:50 PM

LOL!
SNP1
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/11/2015 2:46:09 PM

Depends. The Bible says that blasphemy of the holy spirit will not be forgiven, but that verse is thought to be interpolated.
#TheApatheticNihilistPartyofAmerica
#WarOnDDO
MadCornishBiker
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/11/2015 3:00:58 PM
At 9/11/2015 1:36:42 PM, Sarra wrote:

Interesting. I honestly didn't know that blasphemy against the holy spirit was a sin (and its many similar forms). Are there any others?

No. Everything else is forgiveable provided that the offender shows sufficient, and genuine repentance for what they have done.

The point being that in Jehovah's eyes, and of course those of his son who imitates him perfectly, there really is only one sin, and that covers any action which goes against Jehovah's laws and principles, and all sin is punishable by death.

It only depends on whether that sin is against holy spirit or not as to whether the offender pays by death, from which there is a resurrection, or gets cast straight into the second death, also called the Lake of Fire, or Gehennah, from which there is no resurrection.

Humans give different sins different grades, Jehovah only has two. sin, and sin against holy spirit.
MadCornishBiker
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/11/2015 3:02:09 PM
At 9/11/2015 1:49:46 PM, iam52 wrote:
Are there any sin(s) that Jesus/God does not forgive? : :

All flesh of this world are blasphemers ( sinners ) of the Holy Spirit. This is why all flesh perishes without ever being used again in the next age. Everything else is forgiven so the spirit of man will be saved from their wicked flesh of this world and will get new flesh in Paradise.

No that is not true.
All men are sinners yes, but not necessarily against holy spirit, that is a whole different ball game from which there is no resurrection.

Genesis 6
12: And God saw the earth, and behold, it was corrupt; for all flesh had corrupted their way upon the earth.
13: And God said to Noah, "I have determined to make an end of all flesh; for the earth is filled with violence through them; behold, I will destroy them with the earth.

Ecclesiastes 3
19: For the fate of the sons of men and the fate of beasts is the same; as one dies, so dies the other. They all have the same breath, and man has no advantage over the beasts; for all is vanity.
20: All go to one place; all are from the dust, and all turn to dust again.

I Corinthians 5:
5: you are to deliver this man to Satan for the destruction of the flesh, that his spirit may be saved in the day of the Lord Jesus.

Ezekiel 37:
1: The hand of the LORD was upon me, and he brought me out by the Spirit of the LORD, and set me down in the midst of the valley; it was full of bones.
2: And he led me round among them; and behold, there were very many upon the valley; and lo, they were very dry.
3: And he said to me, "Son of man, can these bones live?" And I answered, "O Lord GOD, thou knowest."
4: Again he said to me, "Prophesy to these bones, and say to them, O dry bones, hear the word of the LORD.
5: Thus says the Lord GOD to these bones: Behold, I will cause breath to enter you, and you shall live.
6: And I will lay sinews upon you, and will cause flesh to come upon you, and cover you with skin, and put breath in you, and you shall live; and you shall know that I am the LORD."
7: So I prophesied as I was commanded; and as I prophesied, there was a noise, and behold, a rattling; and the bones came together, bone to its bone.
8: And as I looked, there were sinews on them, and flesh had come upon them, and skin had covered them; but there was no breath in them.
9: Then he said to me, "Prophesy to the breath, prophesy, son of man, and say to the breath, Thus says the Lord GOD: Come from the four winds, O breath, and breathe upon these slain, that they may live."
10: So I prophesied as he commanded me, and the breath came into them, and they lived, and stood upon their feet, an exceedingly great host.
11: Then he said to me, "Son of man, these bones are the whole house of Israel. Behold, they say, `Our bones are dried up, and our hope is lost; we are clean cut off.'
12: Therefore prophesy, and say to them, Thus says the Lord GOD: Behold, I will open your graves, and raise you from your graves, O my people; and I will bring you home into the land of Israel.
13: And you shall know that I am the LORD, when I open your graves, and raise you from your graves, O my people.
14: And I will put my Spirit within you, and you shall live, and I will place you in your own land; then you shall know that I, the LORD, have spoken, and I have done it, says the LORD."
MadCornishBiker
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/11/2015 3:03:05 PM
At 9/11/2015 2:46:09 PM, SNP1 wrote:

Depends. The Bible says that blasphemy of the holy spirit will not be forgiven, but that verse is thought to be interpolated.

Only by those who neither know scripture well, nor Jehovah at all.
MadCornishBiker
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/11/2015 3:03:51 PM
At 9/11/2015 2:46:09 PM, SNP1 wrote:

Geogeer
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/11/2015 4:16:33 PM

A decent treatise on the subject:

http://www.ewtn.com...
MadCornishBiker
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/11/2015 7:53:01 PM
At 9/11/2015 7:10:54 PM, Sarra wrote:
I'm sorry. In post 3 I meant to include unforgivable before sin (unforgivable sin*).

There don;t need to be others because sin against the holy spirit covers any sin which is carried out deliberately, in full knowledge that it was wrong and with the intent to defy Jehovah's law.
Sarra
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/14/2015 12:57:54 AM
At 9/14/2015 12:26:24 AM, TheWORDisLIFE wrote:

What is sin?

In overly simplistic terms, sin is a word that represents a concept that there are certain activities that God does not want His children to do.
TheWORDisLIFE
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/14/2015 1:11:30 AM
At 9/14/2015 12:57:54 AM, Sarra wrote:

What is sin?

In overly simplistic terms, sin is a word that represents a concept that there are certain activities that God does not want His children to do.

What Scripture is that?
Sarra
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/14/2015 1:48:01 AM
At 9/14/2015 1:11:30 AM, TheWORDisLIFE wrote:

What is sin?

What Scripture is that?

I wasn't quoting scripture.
TheWORDisLIFE
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/14/2015 1:57:47 AM
At 9/14/2015 1:48:01 AM, Sarra wrote:

What is sin?

What Scripture is that?

I know you weren't quoting Scripture, but you gave a meaning of what "sin" is and I'm asking what Scripture explains what you just said.
Sarra
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/14/2015 2:20:54 AM
At 9/14/2015 1:57:47 AM, TheWORDisLIFE wrote:

What is sin?

What Scripture is that?

I know you weren't quoting Scripture, but you gave a meaning of what "sin" is and I'm asking what Scripture explains what you just said.

I was specifically referencing the Bible. I am sure there are lots of similar meanings from other religions such as Islam, Judaism, and Baha'i. Buddhism, which is arguably not a religion, has a similar word called Karma and explain that this comes from the inevitable consequence of other greed, delusion and anger. If you want to know more about Buddhism, google The Three Poisons. Hinduism, which has the concept of sin and is a religion, is more closely linked to Buddhism's understanding of sin. The general, overall meaning of sin (or words that basically mean sin) from every major religion or philosophy in our world is that sin / sinning is bad. As this forum topic is specifically about the Bible and Jesus; if you wish to discuss other religions, please start a new thread and send a link to me.
TheWORDisLIFE
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/14/2015 5:35:46 AM
At 9/14/2015 2:20:54 AM, Sarra wrote:
At 9/14/2015 1:57:47 AM, TheWORDisLIFE wrote:

What is sin?

What Scripture is that?

I was specifically referencing the Bible. I am sure there are lots of similar meanings from other religions such as Islam, Judaism, and Baha'i. Buddhism, which is arguably not a religion, has a similar word called Karma and explain that this comes from the inevitable consequence of other greed, delusion and anger. If you want to know more about Buddhism, google The Three Poisons. Hinduism, which has the concept of sin and is a religion, is more closely linked to Buddhism's understanding of sin. The general, overall meaning of sin (or words that basically mean sin) from every major religion or philosophy in our world is that sin / sinning is bad. As this forum topic is specifically about the Bible and Jesus; if you wish to discuss other religions, please start a new thread and send a link to me.

I'm not talking about religion. Religion is not Biblical, I'm talking about Scripture or the Bible. You are asking if there are any "sins" TMH God will not forgive, I am asking you what is "sin" according to the Bible, not according to what you think or what other religions believe. The other gods or religions were made up specifically to go against the Bible.
MadCornishBiker
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/14/2015 1:54:28 PM

What is sin?

|In it's most basic, original meaning sin is error.

Why error?

Because it is always a mistake to go against God's guidance.
TheWORDisLIFE
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/14/2015 4:30:04 PM
At 9/14/2015 1:54:28 PM, MadCornishBiker wrote:

What is sin?

Why error?

what Scripture says that?
Red_Dirt
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/14/2015 5:40:46 PM
There is an argument that what Jesus meant was that the accusation by the Pharisees that Jesus's healing works and miracles were demonic. This, Jesus said, He could not forgive. Discussions of this topic have been posted on line, many of them quite interesting and enlightening.
MadCornishBiker
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/14/2015 7:40:12 PM
At 9/14/2015 5:40:46 PM, Red_Dirt wrote:
There is an argument that what Jesus meant was that the accusation by the Pharisees that Jesus's healing works and miracles were demonic. This, Jesus said, He could not forgive. Discussions of this topic have been posted on line, many of them quite interesting and enlightening.

That is true, because they were not speaking against Christ, but the holy spirit which he was granted with which to perform the miracles he did.

Hence they were blaspheming holy spirit.

Since I am guided by holy spirit, I hope and pray that the same fate will not befall those who blaspheme against the message I carry on here.

However that is beyond my control, but Christ in his mercy may give a certain amount or "rope" to each one.
MadCornishBiker
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/14/2015 7:47:21 PM
At 9/14/2015 4:30:04 PM, TheWORDisLIFE wrote:

What is sin?

Why error?

There is no single definition of sin, though there are numerous generic ones.

However, sin the price of all sin, including the sinful nature we inherited from Adam, I feel it is very safe to say that to wilfully sin is an error, and a foolish one at that.

James 4:17
ASV(i) 17 To him therefore that knoweth to do good, and doeth it not, to him it is sin.

That do you?
TheWORDisLIFE
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/14/2015 8:40:17 PM
At 9/14/2015 7:47:21 PM, MadCornishBiker wrote:

What is sin?

Why error?

However, sin the price of all sin, including the sinful nature we inherited from Adam, I feel it is very safe to say that to wilfully sin is an error, and a foolish one at that.

ASV(i) 17 To him therefore that knoweth to do good, and doeth it not, to him it is sin.

That do you?

You most certainly are dumb!

1 John 3:4 Whosoeuer committeth sinne, transgresseth also the lawe: for sinne is the transgression of the law.

So sin is the transgression of the law. Who was given the law (and please, show me Scripture, not what you think!)?
bills_friend
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/14/2015 8:51:20 PM
At 9/14/2015 7:47:21 PM, MadCornishBiker wrote:

What is sin?

Why error?

That do you? : :

All the inhabitants of this earth are called sinners. All the righteous ones were born in the mind of God. Christians don't know the difference between the two. They are looking for bad people amongst the inhabitants of the earth. LOL !!!!!!!!
Red_Dirt
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/14/2015 10:37:41 PM
At 9/14/2015 7:40:12 PM, MadCornishBiker wrote:
That is true, because they were not speaking against Christ, but the holy spirit which he was granted with which to perform the miracles he did.
Since I am guided by holy spirit, I hope and pray that the same fate will not befall those who blaspheme against the message I carry on here.
However that is beyond my control, but Christ in his mercy may give a certain amount or "rope" to each one.

Thank you for that. I am gratified to see Christians on this forum. Hard for me to understand what value it is for atheists to come on here with their arguments, other than simple mischief, but they are here. Blaspheming Holy Spirit here or in other places is now not said to be unforgivable. Some have said that now that Christ no longer walks this earth as a man, then there is no more unpardonable sin, that Christ lashed out at the Pharisees who accused him of sorcery, saying they had crossed a line he would not honor as a simple mistake.

Interesting parallel, now as in that era, they who mock goodness and mercy, they who mock God's eternal judgement and ways, did so as to not offend their masters, either a ruling and corrupt political class, as in Rome, or the equally disgusting worldly slave masters of our era.
bills_friend
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/14/2015 10:48:45 PM
At 9/14/2015 10:37:41 PM, Red_Dirt wrote:
At 9/14/2015 7:40:12 PM, MadCornishBiker wrote:

Thank you for that. I am gratified to see Christians on this forum. Hard for me to understand what value it is for atheists to come on here with their arguments, other than simple mischief, but they are here. Blaspheming Holy Spirit here or in other places is now not said to be unforgivable. Some have said that now that Christ no longer walks this earth as a man, then there is no more unpardonable sin, that Christ lashed out at the Pharisees who accused him of sorcery, saying they had crossed a line he would not honor as a simple mistake.

Interesting parallel, now as in that era, they who mock goodness and mercy, they who mock God's eternal judgement and ways, did so as to not offend their masters, either a ruling and corrupt political class, as in Rome, or the equally disgusting worldly slave masters of our era. ::

All Christians blaspheme the Holy Spirit because they have no idea what it is.
IntellectVsSpirit5000
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/15/2015 4:47:43 AM
At 9/11/2015 1:36:42 PM, Sarra wrote:

Rabbit and kangaroo porn are a sin. Ask anyone.