Jump to topic:

God=Unknown Life=Addiction

drpiek
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/12/2015 3:43:44 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
It seems to me in life we create structures, routines, and images of people and things that we cling too. Then in time they fail us, or to be more realistic they fail our expectations. When that happens we ask the unknown for help and throw ourselves into the current of life. You may be one religion or the other, theist or atheist, but we are the same.
Skyangel
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/12/2015 3:57:57 AM
At 9/12/2015 3:43:44 AM, drpiek wrote:
It seems to me in life we create structures, routines, and images of people and things that we cling too. Then in time they fail us, or to be more realistic they fail our expectations. When that happens we ask the unknown for help and throw ourselves into the current of life. You may be one religion or the other, theist or atheist, but we are the same.

You ask the unknown for help?
How exactly do you do that?
Do you speak to the air or pray to the universe?

If I need help with anything I ask the people I know who will and can help me.

We are NOT the same if you "ask the unknown" for anything.

God = Life.
Life is not unknown to the living.
uncung
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/12/2015 4:03:53 AM

Religious people not only cry on their Gods in the fail situation, rather they say thanks also in the comfortable events.
drpiek
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/12/2015 4:24:50 AM
At 9/12/2015 3:57:57 AM, Skyangel wrote:

God = Life.

Your responses always provoke thought, but NO I do not ask those who have failed me for help, There is always an aspect of the unknown when i reach out.
Skyangel
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/12/2015 5:20:47 AM
At 9/12/2015 4:24:50 AM, drpiek wrote:

God = Life.

Your responses always provoke thought, but NO I do not ask those who have failed me for help, There is always an aspect of the unknown when i reach out.

If people are unreliable, of course you won't ask them for help but asking a person for help is not asking the unknown for help even if there is an unknown element in whether they will actually help or not.

The way you phrased the OP seemed a bit airy fairy as if you were asking something unknown for help.
When we ask for help, we generally ask people that have the ability to help. Sane people don't go around talking to the "unknown" or making requests from some unknown thing like talking to an invisible person or talking to the air.

Imagine this..... " Dear unknown, I have no clue if you exist or can hear me but I ask you to help me with...."
How ridiculous is that?

If your God = Unknown, then your God and my God is not the same God.

My God = Life. Life has many unknown elements about it but it is not generally unknown by those who live life.
Electric-Eccentric
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/12/2015 5:21:05 PM
the LET DOWN and "didn't do what they promised they would do" EXCUSES.

I find it interesting that many will take their so called marriage VOWS and then when they realize that the FANTASY & fictional versions that they had day dreamed up are not working out the way that they dreamed it would, they then look for EXCUSE to break their WORD with some made up popular justification.

I have never been married as I take what I say seriously and don't say things lightly.

another great example of so called adults acting like little children is that it seems that there are very few that can handle their personal finances and pay their own way.

The condition of the worldwide economy clearly shows that invisible Gods and scientific theories can't pay their way as they are just make believe and pretend that pay with make believe and pretend money and rewards.

MONEY is the God and scientific theory that most worship and follow.

I prefer to let the MONEY follow and find me as it does if you are honest and patient.

short cuts are not the best paths of travel as they are filled with pitfalls and danger, as well as over priced low quality hot dog and lemonade stands.

buy one and get one free
Life is what YOU make it,
Most just try and fake it...
witness2
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/13/2015 4:29:48 AM
It seems to me in life we create structures, routines, and images of people and things that we cling too. Then in time they fail us, or to be more realistic they fail our expectations. When that happens we ask the unknown for help and throw ourselves into the current of life. You may be one religion or the other, theist or atheist, but we are the same. : :

We all came from the same exact source who created everything both visible and invisible. Most of His people believe the visible things instead of their created existence.
drpiek
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/13/2015 2:43:51 PM
At 9/12/2015 5:20:47 AM, Skyangel wrote:

God = Life.

If people are unreliable, of course you won't ask them for help but asking a person for help is not asking the unknown for help even if there is an unknown element in whether they will actually help or not.

The way you phrased the OP seemed a bit airy fairy as if you were asking something unknown for help.
When we ask for help, we generally ask people that have the ability to help. Sane people don't go around talking to the "unknown" or making requests from some unknown thing like talking to an invisible person or talking to the air.

Imagine this..... " Dear unknown, I have no clue if you exist or can hear me but I ask you to help me with...."
How ridiculous is that?

My God = Life. Life has many unknown elements about it but it is not generally unknown by those who live life.

The Unknown is not a fairy tale, and it obviously exists. Unless you know everything, the unknown exists by default. Tomorrow is the unknown, a stranger is the unknown. You misunderstand my view.
drpiek
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/13/2015 2:47:08 PM
At 9/12/2015 5:21:05 PM, Electric-Eccentric wrote:
the LET DOWN and "didn't do what they promised they would do" EXCUSES.

I find it interesting that many will take their so called marriage VOWS and then when they realize that the FANTASY & fictional versions that they had day dreamed up are not working out the way that they dreamed it would, they then look for EXCUSE to break their WORD with some made up popular justification.

I have never been married as I take what I say seriously and don't say things lightly.

another great example of so called adults acting like little children is that it seems that there are very few that can handle their personal finances and pay their own way.

The condition of the worldwide economy clearly shows that invisible Gods and scientific theories can't pay their way as they are just make believe and pretend that pay with make believe and pretend money and rewards.

MONEY is the God and scientific theory that most worship and follow.

I prefer to let the MONEY follow and find me as it does if you are honest and patient.

short cuts are not the best paths of travel as they are filled with pitfalls and danger, as well as over priced low quality hot dog and lemonade stands.

buy one and get one free

Your response seems, well, off plot for the thread.
drpiek
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/13/2015 2:49:08 PM
At 9/13/2015 4:29:48 AM, witness2 wrote:
It seems to me in life we create structures, routines, and images of people and things that we cling too. Then in time they fail us, or to be more realistic they fail our expectations. When that happens we ask the unknown for help and throw ourselves into the current of life. You may be one religion or the other, theist or atheist, but we are the same. : :

We all came from the same exact source who created everything both visible and invisible. Most of His people believe the visible things instead of their created existence.

Bog, if you want to stop being kicked off the site, you need to change the words you use to describe your theology.
jodybirdy
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/13/2015 5:47:14 PM

I'm not sure what you are saying, but I think I have an idea what you ate implying. I don't ask the "unknown" for help. There are things that fail my expectations all the time. When that happens I accept that there are just some things that are quite out of my control. It's a simple concept. Prayer is unnecessary. Accepting the outcome is essential. Otherwise it'll drive you nuts.
A rock pile ceases to be a rock pile the moment a single man contemplates it, bearing within him the image of a cathedral."
Skyangel
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/13/2015 11:21:56 PM
At 9/13/2015 2:43:51 PM, drpiek wrote:
At 9/12/2015 5:20:47 AM, Skyangel wrote:

God = Life.

How ridiculous is that?

The Unknown is not a fairy tale, and it obviously exists. Unless you know everything, the unknown exists by default. Tomorrow is the unknown, a stranger is the unknown. You misunderstand my view.

Maybe I do... so explain it to me.

I agree that the unknown exists but I doubt anyone asks it for help as if it was some entity that could hear them.

Unknown things are simply things that humans do not know.

For example, I do not know you but I know you are a real person. I would need to get to know you and find out what you can do and what you are good at before I asked for your help with anything. There is no sense in asking someone for help with something if you don't even know if they are able to help in that particular area.
Therefore you need to get to know a certain amount about the things that are unknown to you before you even trust an unknown person with a request for help.

My point is that people generally ask real visible people for help with real things regardless of knowing for sure if they will help or not.
Intelligent mature people don't usually ask imaginary invisible characters or some unknown invisible entity for help.
drpiek
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/15/2015 4:21:00 AM
At 9/13/2015 11:21:56 PM, Skyangel wrote:

Intelligent mature people don't usually ask imaginary invisible characters or some unknown invisible entity for help.

Actually many Intelligent mature people do, The US as well as many other countries are very religious and pray to god of all sorts. That is besides the point tho.

I am not sure what else i can say to describe what I meant by the unknown but it was not something imaginary. As you may remember I am a Panenthiest. For me God= the sum of all existence and we are simply manifestations of god. When i reach out to the unknown, I am reaching out to the parts of existence that are unknown to me to hopefully find a new perspective. My subconscious through meditation, other people, new experiences, a deeper connection with nature, ect...
Skyangel
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/17/2015 10:17:58 PM
At 9/15/2015 4:21:00 AM, drpiek wrote:

Actually many Intelligent mature people do, The US as well as many other countries are very religious and pray to god of all sorts. That is besides the point tho.

I guess that depends on what you class as intelligence and maturity.
Just because a person shows intelligence and maturity in some areas of life does not necessarily mean they are intelligent or mature when it comes to a belief in an invisible supernatural person.
In my opinion, a belief in any invisible supernatural person is a childish superstition. Mature intelligent people understand that all invisible gods are myths and the Hebrew God is no different to any Greek Gods. All of them are merely personifications of the natural forces of nature.

I am not sure what else i can say to describe what I meant by the unknown but it was not something imaginary. As you may remember I am a Panenthiest. For me God= the sum of all existence and we are simply manifestations of god. When i reach out to the unknown, I am reaching out to the parts of existence that are unknown to me to hopefully find a new perspective. My subconscious through meditation, other people, new experiences, a deeper connection with nature, ect...

I think you are trying to say that you need to look into the things you do not know about existence in order to learn and discover what you can from them. Reaching out to the unknown is more like learning about what you do not know in order to get to know it.

P.S. Sorry for the delayed response. I have been busy with family matters.
drpiek
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/18/2015 3:25:09 AM
At 10/17/2015 10:17:58 PM, Skyangel wrote:

Just because a person shows intelligence and maturity in some areas of life does not necessarily mean they are intelligent or mature when it comes to a belief in an invisible supernatural person.
In my opinion, a belief in any invisible supernatural person is a childish superstition. Mature intelligent people understand that all invisible gods are myths and the Hebrew God is no different to any Greek Gods. All of them are merely personifications of the natural forces of nature.

My God is not invisible or supernatural and does not require the adherence to any religion.

I think you are trying to say that you need to look into the things you do not know about existence in order to learn and discover what you can from them. Reaching out to the unknown is more like learning about what you do not know in order to get to know it.

That's sort of it.
Skyangel
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/19/2015 10:41:21 AM
At 10/18/2015 3:25:09 AM, drpiek wrote:
At 10/17/2015 10:17:58 PM, Skyangel wrote:

My God is not invisible or supernatural and does not require the adherence to any religion.

Don't you adhere to the Panentheist doctrine or attend their church?
https://panentheistchurch.wordpress.com...
Since they have a church I would say they are a religious institution with their own doctrine.
Do you believe all that is written on the following site ? > http://www.universespirit.org... ?

That's sort of it.