Total Posts:225|Showing Posts:1-30|Last Page
Jump to topic:

Understanding scripture.

MadCornishBiker
Posts: 23,302
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/12/2015 4:44:23 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
The problem is that the bible ias we know it today has been messed about by humans, at the instigation of Satan, even if those who messed it about didn't realise it.

The vast majority of translators were trinitarian, and have biased their translation towards that teaching, sine at least the majority sincerely believed in it.

However, for those of us who have studied the Christian Greek Scriptures in depth, it is obvious that the trinity cannot be supported, even from Trinitarian translations.

However, don't despair, there is hope, Jehovah has made sure of that. He has made sure that, with diligent study, it is possible to understand the basics of scripture, and with his help the deep things also.

There are a few simple rules to truly understanding scripture.

First you have to prove to yourself that it truly is the word of God. Seeing the reliability of prophecy should do that for you.

Having learned that is the case, you have to remember that as God's word it must be harmonious with no contradictions or serious errors, errors worse than a few reporting differences personal to the thinking of the writer.

The next most important rule is don;t believe what any man tells you. Including me.

You may need to accept some things on face value until you know better, but never forget there is always a question mark over our understanding of scripture. It can always be improved.Anyone who thinks their understanding of scripture cannot be improved is too arrogant by half.

As you read, you will find things that appear to contradict. The onus is then on you to find out which one you are misunderstanding or is mistranslated, or in rare cases doesn't even belong. It can take years, or even decades to get to the bottom of some of the problems man has caused.

Always keep firmly in mind:

John 17:3

James 1:5-8.

1 Corinthians 2:11-16.

1 Corinthians 1:26-30.
DanneJeRusse
Posts: 12,580
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/12/2015 5:50:57 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 9/12/2015 4:44:23 PM, MadCornishBiker wrote:

The next most important rule is don;t believe what any man tells you. Including me.

Perhaps, you may not have noticed by now, but we don't believe what you tell us, nor do we believe what the Bible tells us, it also was written by men.

That should pretty much wrap up this thread. Thanks.
Marrying a 6 year old and waiting until she reaches puberty and maturity before having consensual sex is better than walking up to
a stranger in a bar and proceeding to have relations with no valid proof of the intent of the person. Muhammad wins. ~ Fatihah
If they don't want to be killed then they have to subdue to the Islamic laws. - Uncung
Without God, you are lower than sh!t. ~ SpiritandTruth
TheWORDisLIFE
Posts: 1,071
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/12/2015 6:46:58 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 9/12/2015 4:44:23 PM, MadCornishBiker wrote:
The problem is that the bible ias we know it today has been messed about by humans, at the instigation of Satan, even if those who messed it about didn't realise it.

The vast majority of translators were trinitarian, and have biased their translation towards that teaching, sine at least the majority sincerely believed in it.

However, for those of us who have studied the Christian Greek Scriptures in depth, it is obvious that the trinity cannot be supported, even from Trinitarian translations.

However, don't despair, there is hope, Jehovah has made sure of that. He has made sure that, with diligent study, it is possible to understand the basics of scripture, and with his help the deep things also.

There are a few simple rules to truly understanding scripture.

First you have to prove to yourself that it truly is the word of God. Seeing the reliability of prophecy should do that for you.

Having learned that is the case, you have to remember that as God's word it must be harmonious with no contradictions or serious errors, errors worse than a few reporting differences personal to the thinking of the writer.

The next most important rule is don;t believe what any man tells you. Including me.

You may need to accept some things on face value until you know better, but never forget there is always a question mark over our understanding of scripture. It can always be improved.Anyone who thinks their understanding of scripture cannot be improved is too arrogant by half.

As you read, you will find things that appear to contradict. The onus is then on you to find out which one you are misunderstanding or is mistranslated, or in rare cases doesn't even belong. It can take years, or even decades to get to the bottom of some of the problems man has caused.

Always keep firmly in mind:

John 17:3

James 1:5-8.

1 Corinthians 2:11-16.

1 Corinthians 1:26-30.

Your religion has taught you some of the dumbest lies ever told LOL
POPOO5560
Posts: 2,482
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/12/2015 6:57:40 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
if you believe in anonymous books from the past why not try other religious stuff? you trying to preach something which you dont have 1 text. you have plenty books with all disagreements between them, different stuff all anonynous books... biblical scholar telling you you cant trust the bible because of its history. why you keep preaching nonsense?
Never fart near dog
POPOO5560
Posts: 2,482
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/12/2015 7:00:48 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 9/12/2015 4:44:23 PM, MadCornishBiker wrote:
The problem is that the bible ias we know it today has been messed about by humans, at the instigation of Satan, even if those who messed it about didn't realise it.

The vast majority of translators were trinitarian, and have biased their translation towards that teaching, sine at least the majority sincerely believed in it.

However, for those of us who have studied the Christian Greek Scriptures in depth, it is obvious that the trinity cannot be supported, even from Trinitarian translations.

However, don't despair, there is hope, Jehovah has made sure of that. He has made sure that, with diligent study, it is possible to understand the basics of scripture, and with his help the deep things also.

There are a few simple rules to truly understanding scripture.

First you have to prove to yourself that it truly is the word of God. Seeing the reliability of prophecy should do that for you.

Having learned that is the case, you have to remember that as God's word it must be harmonious with no contradictions or serious errors, errors worse than a few reporting differences personal to the thinking of the writer.

The next most important rule is don;t believe what any man tells you. Including me.

You may need to accept some things on face value until you know better, but never forget there is always a question mark over our understanding of scripture. It can always be improved.Anyone who thinks their understanding of scripture cannot be improved is too arrogant by half.

As you read, you will find things that appear to contradict. The onus is then on you to find out which one you are misunderstanding or is mistranslated, or in rare cases doesn't even belong. It can take years, or even decades to get to the bottom of some of the problems man has caused.

Always keep firmly in mind:

John 17:3

James 1:5-8.

1 Corinthians 2:11-16.

1 Corinthians 1:26-30.

and you keep saying "translations" its not!! u have versions why keeping lying?
Never fart near dog
DanneJeRusse
Posts: 12,580
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/12/2015 7:08:46 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 9/12/2015 6:57:40 PM, POPOO5560 wrote:
if you believe in anonymous books from the past why not try other religious stuff? you trying to preach something which you dont have 1 text. you have plenty books with all disagreements between them, different stuff all anonynous books... biblical scholar telling you you cant trust the bible because of its history. why you keep preaching nonsense?

MCB might believe he's the Christian version of Muhammad, hence he preaches nonsense.
Marrying a 6 year old and waiting until she reaches puberty and maturity before having consensual sex is better than walking up to
a stranger in a bar and proceeding to have relations with no valid proof of the intent of the person. Muhammad wins. ~ Fatihah
If they don't want to be killed then they have to subdue to the Islamic laws. - Uncung
Without God, you are lower than sh!t. ~ SpiritandTruth
tstor
Posts: 1,467
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/12/2015 7:08:54 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 9/12/2015 6:57:40 PM, POPOO5560 wrote:
if you believe in anonymous books from the past why not try other religious stuff? you trying to preach something which you dont have 1 text. you have plenty books with all disagreements between them, different stuff all anonynous books... biblical scholar telling you you cant trust the bible because of its history. why you keep preaching nonsense?
Care to clarify? The book is not anonymous, it does not have disagreements in it, and I do not know too many Biblical scholars who say to not trust the Bible. Please provide some examples for these claims and I will be more than happy to clarify them for you.
"The afternoon came down as imperceptibly as age comes to a happy man. A little gold entered into the sunlight. The bay became bluer and dimpled with shore-wind ripples. Those lonely fishermen who believe that the fish bite at high tide left their rocks, and their places were taken by others, who were convinced that the fish bite at low tide." (John Steinbeck; Tortilla Flat, 1935)
MadCornishBiker
Posts: 23,302
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/12/2015 7:09:55 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 9/12/2015 5:50:57 PM, DanneJeRusse wrote:
At 9/12/2015 4:44:23 PM, MadCornishBiker wrote:

The next most important rule is don;t believe what any man tells you. Including me.

Perhaps, you may not have noticed by now, but we don't believe what you tell us, nor do we believe what the Bible tells us, it also was written by men.

That should pretty much wrap up this thread. Thanks.

That's OK, it is your right to disagree, as I have long been a ware that most people will.

After all, what chance do I stand of being believed if the majority of people in his day didn't even believe Jehovah's son incarnate.

However it is my role to keep trying just i case one persona decides to test it out for themselves.

It doesn't discourage me in the least because scripture gives me a great deal of hope, and I would love to share that hope with others.
MadCornishBiker
Posts: 23,302
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/12/2015 7:11:02 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 9/12/2015 6:46:58 PM, TheWORDisLIFE wrote:
At 9/12/2015 4:44:23 PM, MadCornishBiker wrote:
The problem is that the bible ias we know it today has been messed about by humans, at the instigation of Satan, even if those who messed it about didn't realise it.

The vast majority of translators were trinitarian, and have biased their translation towards that teaching, sine at least the majority sincerely believed in it.

However, for those of us who have studied the Christian Greek Scriptures in depth, it is obvious that the trinity cannot be supported, even from Trinitarian translations.

However, don't despair, there is hope, Jehovah has made sure of that. He has made sure that, with diligent study, it is possible to understand the basics of scripture, and with his help the deep things also.

There are a few simple rules to truly understanding scripture.

First you have to prove to yourself that it truly is the word of God. Seeing the reliability of prophecy should do that for you.

Having learned that is the case, you have to remember that as God's word it must be harmonious with no contradictions or serious errors, errors worse than a few reporting differences personal to the thinking of the writer.

The next most important rule is don;t believe what any man tells you. Including me.

You may need to accept some things on face value until you know better, but never forget there is always a question mark over our understanding of scripture. It can always be improved.Anyone who thinks their understanding of scripture cannot be improved is too arrogant by half.

As you read, you will find things that appear to contradict. The onus is then on you to find out which one you are misunderstanding or is mistranslated, or in rare cases doesn't even belong. It can take years, or even decades to get to the bottom of some of the problems man has caused.

Always keep firmly in mind:

John 17:3

James 1:5-8.

1 Corinthians 2:11-16.

1 Corinthians 1:26-30.

Your religion has taught you some of the dumbest lies ever told LOL

Nope, it has only ever taught me the truth, simple as.
POPOO5560
Posts: 2,482
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/12/2015 7:16:00 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 9/12/2015 7:08:46 PM, DanneJeRusse wrote:
At 9/12/2015 6:57:40 PM, POPOO5560 wrote:
if you believe in anonymous books from the past why not try other religious stuff? you trying to preach something which you dont have 1 text. you have plenty books with all disagreements between them, different stuff all anonynous books... biblical scholar telling you you cant trust the bible because of its history. why you keep preaching nonsense?

MCB might believe he's the Christian version of Muhammad, hence he preaches nonsense.

get outside right now go do some walk 30 mins and come back
Never fart near dog
MadCornishBiker
Posts: 23,302
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/12/2015 7:16:18 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 9/12/2015 6:57:40 PM, POPOO5560 wrote:
if you believe in anonymous books from the past why not try other religious stuff? you trying to preach something which you dont have 1 text. you have plenty books with all disagreements between them, different stuff all anonynous books... biblical scholar telling you you cant trust the bible because of its history. why you keep preaching nonsense?

I don;t believe in anonymous books from the past, I believe in the Bible, the writers of which are all identified, as is the one who inspired it all, Jehovah.

I do not preach nonsense, I preach truth, and despite what mankind has done to scripture it is still in there for all to find if they are prepared to make the needed effort.

There are abut 8 million people throughout the earth who would happily help you, but in the end the only one who can, and should, convince you is you.

I could not stop preaching the truth if I wanted to, and I don;t want to. Jehovah, through his word has made some beautiful promises for the future, and they are guaranteed to come true.

I would love to help others to find then for themselves.

I feel like Jeremiah, in that Jehovah's word burns my very bones if I try to hold it in so I do not.
MadCornishBiker
Posts: 23,302
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/12/2015 7:19:16 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 9/12/2015 7:00:48 PM, POPOO5560 wrote:
At 9/12/2015 4:44:23 PM, MadCornishBiker wrote:
The problem is that the bible ias we know it today has been messed about by humans, at the instigation of Satan, even if those who messed it about didn't realise it.

The vast majority of translators were trinitarian, and have biased their translation towards that teaching, sine at least the majority sincerely believed in it.

However, for those of us who have studied the Christian Greek Scriptures in depth, it is obvious that the trinity cannot be supported, even from Trinitarian translations.

However, don't despair, there is hope, Jehovah has made sure of that. He has made sure that, with diligent study, it is possible to understand the basics of scripture, and with his help the deep things also.

There are a few simple rules to truly understanding scripture.

First you have to prove to yourself that it truly is the word of God. Seeing the reliability of prophecy should do that for you.

Having learned that is the case, you have to remember that as God's word it must be harmonious with no contradictions or serious errors, errors worse than a few reporting differences personal to the thinking of the writer.

The next most important rule is don;t believe what any man tells you. Including me.

You may need to accept some things on face value until you know better, but never forget there is always a question mark over our understanding of scripture. It can always be improved.Anyone who thinks their understanding of scripture cannot be improved is too arrogant by half.

As you read, you will find things that appear to contradict. The onus is then on you to find out which one you are misunderstanding or is mistranslated, or in rare cases doesn't even belong. It can take years, or even decades to get to the bottom of some of the problems man has caused.

Always keep firmly in mind:

John 17:3

James 1:5-8.

1 Corinthians 2:11-16.

1 Corinthians 1:26-30.

and you keep saying "translations" its not!! u have versions why keeping lying?

I do not lie, I have no need to. I say translations because at least the vast majority are indeed translations, as well as versions, including the NWT.

Lying would do neither me, nor any who happened to listen to me any good. Only the truth has any value, therefore that is what I teach, whether people such as you like it or not.
POPOO5560
Posts: 2,482
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/12/2015 7:20:42 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 9/12/2015 7:08:54 PM, tstor wrote:
At 9/12/2015 6:57:40 PM, POPOO5560 wrote:
if you believe in anonymous books from the past why not try other religious stuff? you trying to preach something which you dont have 1 text. you have plenty books with all disagreements between them, different stuff all anonynous books... biblical scholar telling you you cant trust the bible because of its history. why you keep preaching nonsense?
Care to clarify? The book is not anonymous, it does not have disagreements in it, and I do not know too many Biblical scholars who say to not trust the Bible. Please provide some examples for these claims and I will be more than happy to clarify them for you.

what you mean by " and I do not know too many Biblical scholars who say to not trust the Bible"? which scholars you pick. its anonymous thing, all the books in the Bible are anonymous every biblical scholar tells you that. not talking about pastors or preachers calling themselves "scholars", because they dont have the guts to look into facts from historical view namely academically.
Never fart near dog
MadCornishBiker
Posts: 23,302
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/12/2015 7:21:41 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 9/12/2015 7:08:46 PM, DanneJeRusse wrote:
At 9/12/2015 6:57:40 PM, POPOO5560 wrote:
if you believe in anonymous books from the past why not try other religious stuff? you trying to preach something which you dont have 1 text. you have plenty books with all disagreements between them, different stuff all anonynous books... biblical scholar telling you you cant trust the bible because of its history. why you keep preaching nonsense?

MCB might believe he's the Christian version of Muhammad, hence he preaches nonsense.

No, I am not the Christian version of anyone, I am simply me, a nobody, who has no message of my own, merely the one given to me by Jehovah and his son. I am only one of about 8.million who have made themselves available to Jehovah, that is the only truly different thing about me.
MadCornishBiker
Posts: 23,302
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/12/2015 7:22:41 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 9/12/2015 7:16:00 PM, POPOO5560 wrote:
At 9/12/2015 7:08:46 PM, DanneJeRusse wrote:
At 9/12/2015 6:57:40 PM, POPOO5560 wrote:
if you believe in anonymous books from the past why not try other religious stuff? you trying to preach something which you dont have 1 text. you have plenty books with all disagreements between them, different stuff all anonynous books... biblical scholar telling you you cant trust the bible because of its history. why you keep preaching nonsense?

MCB might believe he's the Christian version of Muhammad, hence he preaches nonsense.

get outside right now go do some walk 30 mins and come back

No need, my feet are still aching from my trip to town earlier today.
TheWORDisLIFE
Posts: 1,071
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/12/2015 7:29:37 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 9/12/2015 7:11:02 PM, MadCornishBiker wrote:
At 9/12/2015 6:46:58 PM, TheWORDisLIFE wrote:
At 9/12/2015 4:44:23 PM, MadCornishBiker wrote:
The problem is that the bible ias we know it today has been messed about by humans, at the instigation of Satan, even if those who messed it about didn't realise it.

The vast majority of translators were trinitarian, and have biased their translation towards that teaching, sine at least the majority sincerely believed in it.

However, for those of us who have studied the Christian Greek Scriptures in depth, it is obvious that the trinity cannot be supported, even from Trinitarian translations.

However, don't despair, there is hope, Jehovah has made sure of that. He has made sure that, with diligent study, it is possible to understand the basics of scripture, and with his help the deep things also.

There are a few simple rules to truly understanding scripture.

First you have to prove to yourself that it truly is the word of God. Seeing the reliability of prophecy should do that for you.

Having learned that is the case, you have to remember that as God's word it must be harmonious with no contradictions or serious errors, errors worse than a few reporting differences personal to the thinking of the writer.

The next most important rule is don;t believe what any man tells you. Including me.

You may need to accept some things on face value until you know better, but never forget there is always a question mark over our understanding of scripture. It can always be improved.Anyone who thinks their understanding of scripture cannot be improved is too arrogant by half.

As you read, you will find things that appear to contradict. The onus is then on you to find out which one you are misunderstanding or is mistranslated, or in rare cases doesn't even belong. It can take years, or even decades to get to the bottom of some of the problems man has caused.

Always keep firmly in mind:

John 17:3

James 1:5-8.

1 Corinthians 2:11-16.

1 Corinthians 1:26-30.

Your religion has taught you some of the dumbest lies ever told LOL

Nope, it has only ever taught me the truth, simple as.

Let's see if your religion is teaching you the truth. What is "truth" according to Scripture? Give me one verse.
annanicole
Posts: 19,782
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/12/2015 7:32:35 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 9/12/2015 7:21:41 PM, MadCornishBiker wrote:
At 9/12/2015 7:08:46 PM, DanneJeRusse wrote:
At 9/12/2015 6:57:40 PM, POPOO5560 wrote:
if you believe in anonymous books from the past why not try other religious stuff? you trying to preach something which you dont have 1 text. you have plenty books with all disagreements between them, different stuff all anonynous books... biblical scholar telling you you cant trust the bible because of its history. why you keep preaching nonsense?

MCB might believe he's the Christian version of Muhammad, hence he preaches nonsense.

No, I am not the Christian version of anyone, I am simply me, a nobody, who has no message of my own, merely the one given to me by Jehovah and his son.

Well, we wondered where you got it. We knew where you didn't get it, judging by the fact that you have to add to, take from, re-write, re-translate, or eliminate every passage that contradicts your WatchTower notions. If you somehow decide not to do any of the above, then you accept the passage as it was written - then tell us that the writer was wrong.

BTW, a Jehovah's Witness came by today. He's supposed to be coming back by. I won't hold my breath. He did, however, give me the Sept 1, 2015, which contains the usual nonsense.
Madcornishbiker: "No, I don't need a dictionary, I know how scripture uses words and that is all I need to now."
MadCornishBiker
Posts: 23,302
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/12/2015 7:41:15 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 9/12/2015 7:20:42 PM, POPOO5560 wrote:
At 9/12/2015 7:08:54 PM, tstor wrote:
At 9/12/2015 6:57:40 PM, POPOO5560 wrote:
if you believe in anonymous books from the past why not try other religious stuff? you trying to preach something which you dont have 1 text. you have plenty books with all disagreements between them, different stuff all anonynous books... biblical scholar telling you you cant trust the bible because of its history. why you keep preaching nonsense?
Care to clarify? The book is not anonymous, it does not have disagreements in it, and I do not know too many Biblical scholars who say to not trust the Bible. Please provide some examples for these claims and I will be more than happy to clarify them for you.

what you mean by " and I do not know too many Biblical scholars who say to not trust the Bible"? which scholars you pick. its anonymous thing, all the books in the Bible are anonymous every biblical scholar tells you that. not talking about pastors or preachers calling themselves "scholars", because they dont have the guts to look into facts from historical view namely academically.

Again you are wrong, there are so-called scholars who do all they can to cast doubt on Jehovah's words, but as scripture says, their end shall be according to their works.

The fact, like it or not, remains that Jehovah word is truth, and each of the humans he used as secretaries d to write down what eh wanted them to write is named .

I have looked into scripture from a historical point of view, as well as a scientific one, and the Bible passes all genuine tests with flying colours.

True there are some charlatans who speak against it, but again, their end will be according to their works.

The world of Biblical Archaeology is thriving, and is successful.

There is not one thing in scripture which you can actually, reliably, prove to be false.

It gives us the correct order of creation, despite the poor translation of v14 which would have us believe that the sun, moon and stars could be created twice, though there are many details it does not include.

It tells us, by inference at least, that there was originally only one continent, and that, post flood, the land divided, as we know from science (Genesis 10:25-26).

It carries prophecies, some written hundreds of years before the event, which history tells us actually occurred. the most outstanding being Cyrus' capture of Babylon, written about 100 years before it happened, and which we have archaeological proof that happened just as Isaiah foretold and not only that but Cyrus himself read the prophecy. This is told to us on the Cyrus Cylinder. Cyrus was impressed that Isaiah knew his name 100 years before he was born.

Christ fulfilled about 350 prophecies, some of which he had control over, most of which he did not.

Various prophecies foretold where he would be born, where he and his family would be called back from, where they would settle, and which would become known as his home town.

Daniel's prophecy, to which Christ himself referred, foretold when he would begin his ministry as the Messiah, and that would be the prophecy which enabled Herod's advisor to give him and approximate date for his birth.

In that same prophecy, Daniel foretold how long Christ's ministry would last, and the approximate manner of his death, as well as a disastrous event which turned out to be the destruction of Jerusalem and its Temple.

No, for all that it's detractors, who are influenced by Satan to undermine confidence in it. The Bible is most definitely Jehovah's word.

All who continue to doubt it will eventually realise what marvellous things they are going to miss out on. Jehovah will make sure that they do, before they are destroyed.
DanneJeRusse
Posts: 12,580
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/12/2015 7:46:27 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 9/12/2015 7:09:55 PM, MadCornishBiker wrote:
At 9/12/2015 5:50:57 PM, DanneJeRusse wrote:
At 9/12/2015 4:44:23 PM, MadCornishBiker wrote:

The next most important rule is don;t believe what any man tells you. Including me.

Perhaps, you may not have noticed by now, but we don't believe what you tell us, nor do we believe what the Bible tells us, it also was written by men.

That should pretty much wrap up this thread. Thanks.

That's OK, it is your right to disagree, as I have long been a ware that most people will.

After all, what chance do I stand of being believed if the majority of people in his day didn't even believe Jehovah's son incarnate.

However it is my role to keep trying just i case one persona decides to test it out for themselves.

It doesn't discourage me in the least because scripture gives me a great deal of hope, and I would love to share that hope with others.

And yet, out of your almost 18K posts, not a single person has been interested in anything you share, everyone simply disagrees with you and is tired of hearing it.
Marrying a 6 year old and waiting until she reaches puberty and maturity before having consensual sex is better than walking up to
a stranger in a bar and proceeding to have relations with no valid proof of the intent of the person. Muhammad wins. ~ Fatihah
If they don't want to be killed then they have to subdue to the Islamic laws. - Uncung
Without God, you are lower than sh!t. ~ SpiritandTruth
MadCornishBiker
Posts: 23,302
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/12/2015 7:53:52 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 9/12/2015 7:32:35 PM, annanicole wrote:
At 9/12/2015 7:21:41 PM, MadCornishBiker wrote:
At 9/12/2015 7:08:46 PM, DanneJeRusse wrote:
At 9/12/2015 6:57:40 PM, POPOO5560 wrote:
if you believe in anonymous books from the past why not try other religious stuff? you trying to preach something which you dont have 1 text. you have plenty books with all disagreements between them, different stuff all anonynous books... biblical scholar telling you you cant trust the bible because of its history. why you keep preaching nonsense?

MCB might believe he's the Christian version of Muhammad, hence he preaches nonsense.

No, I am not the Christian version of anyone, I am simply me, a nobody, who has no message of my own, merely the one given to me by Jehovah and his son.

Well, we wondered where you got it. We knew where you didn't get it, judging by the fact that you have to add to, take from, re-write, re-translate, or eliminate every passage that contradicts your WatchTower notions. If you somehow decide not to do any of the above, then you accept the passage as it was written - then tell us that the writer was wrong.

I have explained where I get everything from, from scripture.

I get it through holy spirit from learning to understand scripture in the only way that keeps it as a harmonious whole that God's word can only be.

I have always said that scripture is all I need, and it is. Fortunately I have a wide enough knowledge of scripture for holy spirit to be able to call back to my mind the scriptures I need to qualify other scriptures, to ensure that I am understanding them correctly, or recognise translational errors.

That is why I study scripture continually, and have read it from cover to cover many times, in whole or in part.

Without scripture, and with holy spirit's aid, I could not do it and I would make some of the same errors you cling to.

That is how holy spirit works.

It could not work like that with you, because you have such a limited knowledge of scripture for it to draw from.


BTW, a Jehovah's Witness came by today. He's supposed to be coming back by. I won't hold my breath. He did, however, give me the Sept 1, 2015, which contains the usual nonsense.

No Anna it contains scriptural fact, not nonsense.

If he has said he will come back then he should, but like you say, you'll see. The one thing, in my experience, that the society is often criticising the brothers and sisters for is not doing return visits as diligently as they should I am afraid.

Mind you, I could well believe that your attitude is enough to put all but the strongest JW off, lol.

Sept 2015. That's the "Who are Jehovah's Witnesses edition, lol, you should read it, it could put some of you misconceptions straight, but then I expect that's what you are afraid of. (I just looked it up, lol).

More often than not though, it is because they make the promise to return too lightly.

As you can see, lol, I keep returning.
MadCornishBiker
Posts: 23,302
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/12/2015 7:55:46 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 9/12/2015 7:46:27 PM, DanneJeRusse wrote:
At 9/12/2015 7:09:55 PM, MadCornishBiker wrote:
At 9/12/2015 5:50:57 PM, DanneJeRusse wrote:
At 9/12/2015 4:44:23 PM, MadCornishBiker wrote:

The next most important rule is don;t believe what any man tells you. Including me.

Perhaps, you may not have noticed by now, but we don't believe what you tell us, nor do we believe what the Bible tells us, it also was written by men.

That should pretty much wrap up this thread. Thanks.

That's OK, it is your right to disagree, as I have long been a ware that most people will.

After all, what chance do I stand of being believed if the majority of people in his day didn't even believe Jehovah's son incarnate.

However it is my role to keep trying just i case one persona decides to test it out for themselves.

It doesn't discourage me in the least because scripture gives me a great deal of hope, and I would love to share that hope with others.

And yet, out of your almost 18K posts, not a single person has been interested in anything you share, everyone simply disagrees with you and is tired of hearing it.

You are making a statement you cannot possibly know the truth of, lol.

In fact you and I both know that is not true.
MadCornishBiker
Posts: 23,302
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/12/2015 8:22:12 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 9/12/2015 7:29:37 PM, TheWORDisLIFE wrote:
At 9/12/2015 7:11:02 PM, MadCornishBiker wrote:
At 9/12/2015 6:46:58 PM, TheWORDisLIFE wrote:
At 9/12/2015 4:44:23 PM, MadCornishBiker wrote:
The problem is that the bible ias we know it today has been messed about by humans, at the instigation of Satan, even if those who messed it about didn't realise it.

The vast majority of translators were trinitarian, and have biased their translation towards that teaching, sine at least the majority sincerely believed in it.

However, for those of us who have studied the Christian Greek Scriptures in depth, it is obvious that the trinity cannot be supported, even from Trinitarian translations.

However, don't despair, there is hope, Jehovah has made sure of that. He has made sure that, with diligent study, it is possible to understand the basics of scripture, and with his help the deep things also.

There are a few simple rules to truly understanding scripture.

First you have to prove to yourself that it truly is the word of God. Seeing the reliability of prophecy should do that for you.

Having learned that is the case, you have to remember that as God's word it must be harmonious with no contradictions or serious errors, errors worse than a few reporting differences personal to the thinking of the writer.

The next most important rule is don;t believe what any man tells you. Including me.

You may need to accept some things on face value until you know better, but never forget there is always a question mark over our understanding of scripture. It can always be improved.Anyone who thinks their understanding of scripture cannot be improved is too arrogant by half.

As you read, you will find things that appear to contradict. The onus is then on you to find out which one you are misunderstanding or is mistranslated, or in rare cases doesn't even belong. It can take years, or even decades to get to the bottom of some of the problems man has caused.

Always keep firmly in mind:

John 17:3

James 1:5-8.

1 Corinthians 2:11-16.

1 Corinthians 1:26-30.

Your religion has taught you some of the dumbest lies ever told LOL

Nope, it has only ever taught me the truth, simple as.

Let's see if your religion is teaching you the truth. What is "truth" according to Scripture? Give me one verse.

OK, that's no problem. I'll give you one that only has one possible meaning.

John 1:14 http://studybible.info...
ALT(i) 14 And the Word [or, the Expression of [divine] Logic] became flesh and tabernacled among us, and we beheld His glory, glory as of an only-begotten [or, uniquely-begotten] from [the] Father, full of grace and truth.

It was the Word who came to earth to be the Christ, and he was Jehovah's only begotten son.

Can you tell me how the Word can be Jehovah's only begotten son, since Jehovah has so many sons? Not only Angelic sons, but human sons

I always give value for money so here's another.

1 Corinthians 15:24 http://studybible.info...
ALT(i) 24 Then the end, when He shall hand over the kingdom to God, even [the] Father, when He shall abolish every ruler and every authority and power.

Since the son, at the end of his reign, has to hand the Kingdom back to his father, what is the true relationship between Father and son?

Please note the scriptures are quoted from The Analytical, Literal Translation, deliberately not a JW publication.

Why?

Because everything I teach I can prove from any translation you care to name. That is, as long as I can get at an online copy of it.

I teach truth from scripture, and the only one who teaches me is scripture itself with holy spirit as my aide memoir so that I can recall whatever scripture I need to qualify the meanings of others, (James 1:5-8; 1 Corinthians 2:11-16)

Scripture, and holy spirit are all I need, and everything else has to past the tests they pose before it is accepted.
annanicole
Posts: 19,782
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/12/2015 8:28:13 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 9/12/2015 7:53:52 PM, MadCornishBiker wrote:
At 9/12/2015 7:32:35 PM, annanicole wrote:
At 9/12/2015 7:21:41 PM, MadCornishBiker wrote:
At 9/12/2015 7:08:46 PM, DanneJeRusse wrote:
At 9/12/2015 6:57:40 PM, POPOO5560 wrote:
if you believe in anonymous books from the past why not try other religious stuff? you trying to preach something which you dont have 1 text. you have plenty books with all disagreements between them, different stuff all anonynous books... biblical scholar telling you you cant trust the bible because of its history. why you keep preaching nonsense?

MCB might believe he's the Christian version of Muhammad, hence he preaches nonsense.

No, I am not the Christian version of anyone, I am simply me, a nobody, who has no message of my own, merely the one given to me by Jehovah and his son.

Well, we wondered where you got it. We knew where you didn't get it, judging by the fact that you have to add to, take from, re-write, re-translate, or eliminate every passage that contradicts your WatchTower notions. If you somehow decide not to do any of the above, then you accept the passage as it was written - then tell us that the writer was wrong.

I have explained where I get everything from, from scripture.

From SCRIPTURE? Before you re-write, add to, take from, alter, pervert and eliminate? Or after?

I get it through holy spirit from learning to understand scripture in the only way that keeps it as a harmonious whole that God's word can only be.

LOL

I have always said that scripture is all I need, and it is. Fortunately I have a wide enough knowledge of scripture for holy spirit to be able to call back to my mind the scriptures I need to qualify other scriptures, to ensure that I am understanding them correctly, or recognise translational errors.

That is why I study scripture continually, and have read it from cover to cover many times, in whole or in part.

Without scripture, and with holy spirit's aid, I could not do it and I would make some of the same errors you cling to.

That is how holy spirit works.

It could not work like that with you, because you have such a limited knowledge of scripture for it to draw from.


BTW, a Jehovah's Witness came by today. He's supposed to be coming back by. I won't hold my breath. He did, however, give me the Sept 1, 2015, which contains the usual nonsense.

No Anna it contains scriptural fact, not nonsense.

If he has said he will come back then he should, but like you say, you'll see. The one thing, in my experience, that the society is often criticising the brothers and sisters for is not doing return visits as diligently as they should I am afraid.

Mind you, I could well believe that your attitude is enough to put all but the strongest JW off, lol.

Well, his "explanation" of John 2: 19 is about as ridiculous as yours. He claimed Jesus wasn't talking about his physical body. Of course, that's just some more JW crap. That's EXACTLY what He was talking about, and nothing else!

As far as the NWT "translators" being illiterate clowns (as far as Greek goes), he didn't much to say. Like a good boy, however, he had his trusty NWT in one hand, and his WatchTower in the other.
Madcornishbiker: "No, I don't need a dictionary, I know how scripture uses words and that is all I need to now."
tstor
Posts: 1,467
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/12/2015 8:39:06 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 9/12/2015 7:20:42 PM, POPOO5560 wrote:

what you mean by " and I do not know too many Biblical scholars who say to not trust the Bible"? which scholars you pick. its anonymous thing, all the books in the Bible are anonymous every biblical scholar tells you that. not talking about pastors or preachers calling themselves "scholars", because they dont have the guts to look into facts from historical view namely academically.
I can name numerous scholars, but one off the top of my head is Dr. Daniel L. Akin.

As for your comment about the Bible being completely anonymous, it is simply untrue. For example, the Book of Mark is written by Mark. The Book of Matthew is written by Matthew. The Book of Luke was written by Luke. You get the point.
"The afternoon came down as imperceptibly as age comes to a happy man. A little gold entered into the sunlight. The bay became bluer and dimpled with shore-wind ripples. Those lonely fishermen who believe that the fish bite at high tide left their rocks, and their places were taken by others, who were convinced that the fish bite at low tide." (John Steinbeck; Tortilla Flat, 1935)
DanneJeRusse
Posts: 12,580
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/12/2015 8:50:08 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 9/12/2015 7:55:46 PM, MadCornishBiker wrote:
At 9/12/2015 7:46:27 PM, DanneJeRusse wrote:
At 9/12/2015 7:09:55 PM, MadCornishBiker wrote:
At 9/12/2015 5:50:57 PM, DanneJeRusse wrote:
At 9/12/2015 4:44:23 PM, MadCornishBiker wrote:

The next most important rule is don;t believe what any man tells you. Including me.

Perhaps, you may not have noticed by now, but we don't believe what you tell us, nor do we believe what the Bible tells us, it also was written by men.

That should pretty much wrap up this thread. Thanks.

That's OK, it is your right to disagree, as I have long been a ware that most people will.

After all, what chance do I stand of being believed if the majority of people in his day didn't even believe Jehovah's son incarnate.

However it is my role to keep trying just i case one persona decides to test it out for themselves.

It doesn't discourage me in the least because scripture gives me a great deal of hope, and I would love to share that hope with others.

And yet, out of your almost 18K posts, not a single person has been interested in anything you share, everyone simply disagrees with you and is tired of hearing it.

You are making a statement you cannot possibly know the truth of, lol.

In fact you and I both know that is not true.

Nope, it is 100% absolute truth, guaranteed. Try refuting it, you can't.
Marrying a 6 year old and waiting until she reaches puberty and maturity before having consensual sex is better than walking up to
a stranger in a bar and proceeding to have relations with no valid proof of the intent of the person. Muhammad wins. ~ Fatihah
If they don't want to be killed then they have to subdue to the Islamic laws. - Uncung
Without God, you are lower than sh!t. ~ SpiritandTruth
TheWORDisLIFE
Posts: 1,071
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/12/2015 8:52:01 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 9/12/2015 8:22:12 PM, MadCornishBiker wrote:
At 9/12/2015 7:29:37 PM, TheWORDisLIFE wrote:
At 9/12/2015 7:11:02 PM, MadCornishBiker wrote:
At 9/12/2015 6:46:58 PM, TheWORDisLIFE wrote:
At 9/12/2015 4:44:23 PM, MadCornishBiker wrote:
The problem is that the bible ias we know it today has been messed about by humans, at the instigation of Satan, even if those who messed it about didn't realise it.

The vast majority of translators were trinitarian, and have biased their translation towards that teaching, sine at least the majority sincerely believed in it.

However, for those of us who have studied the Christian Greek Scriptures in depth, it is obvious that the trinity cannot be supported, even from Trinitarian translations.

However, don't despair, there is hope, Jehovah has made sure of that. He has made sure that, with diligent study, it is possible to understand the basics of scripture, and with his help the deep things also.

There are a few simple rules to truly understanding scripture.

First you have to prove to yourself that it truly is the word of God. Seeing the reliability of prophecy should do that for you.

Having learned that is the case, you have to remember that as God's word it must be harmonious with no contradictions or serious errors, errors worse than a few reporting differences personal to the thinking of the writer.

The next most important rule is don;t believe what any man tells you. Including me.

You may need to accept some things on face value until you know better, but never forget there is always a question mark over our understanding of scripture. It can always be improved.Anyone who thinks their understanding of scripture cannot be improved is too arrogant by half.

As you read, you will find things that appear to contradict. The onus is then on you to find out which one you are misunderstanding or is mistranslated, or in rare cases doesn't even belong. It can take years, or even decades to get to the bottom of some of the problems man has caused.

Always keep firmly in mind:

John 17:3

James 1:5-8.

1 Corinthians 2:11-16.

1 Corinthians 1:26-30.

Your religion has taught you some of the dumbest lies ever told LOL

Nope, it has only ever taught me the truth, simple as.

Let's see if your religion is teaching you the truth. What is "truth" according to Scripture? Give me one verse.

OK, that's no problem. I'll give you one that only has one possible meaning.

John 1:14 http://studybible.info...
ALT(i) 14 And the Word [or, the Expression of [divine] Logic] became flesh and tabernacled among us, and we beheld His glory, glory as of an only-begotten [or, uniquely-begotten] from [the] Father, full of grace and truth.

It was the Word who came to earth to be the Christ, and he was Jehovah's only begotten son.

Can you tell me how the Word can be Jehovah's only begotten son, since Jehovah has so many sons? Not only Angelic sons, but human sons

I always give value for money so here's another.

1 Corinthians 15:24 http://studybible.info...
ALT(i) 24 Then the end, when He shall hand over the kingdom to God, even [the] Father, when He shall abolish every ruler and every authority and power.

Since the son, at the end of his reign, has to hand the Kingdom back to his father, what is the true relationship between Father and son?

Please note the scriptures are quoted from The Analytical, Literal Translation, deliberately not a JW publication.

Why?

Because everything I teach I can prove from any translation you care to name. That is, as long as I can get at an online copy of it.

I teach truth from scripture, and the only one who teaches me is scripture itself with holy spirit as my aide memoir so that I can recall whatever scripture I need to qualify the meanings of others, (James 1:5-8; 1 Corinthians 2:11-16)

Scripture, and holy spirit are all I need, and everything else has to past the tests they pose before it is accepted.

Ummmm, although I said give ONE scripture, none of those verses you listed say anything about what truth is.

Psalms 119:142 Thy righteousnesse is an euerlasting righteousnesse: and thy law is the trueth.
witness2
Posts: 33
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/13/2015 4:00:27 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 9/12/2015 4:44:23 PM, MadCornishBiker wrote:
The problem is that the bible ias we know it today has been messed about by humans, at the instigation of Satan, even if those who messed it about didn't realise it.

The vast majority of translators were trinitarian, and have biased their translation towards that teaching, sine at least the majority sincerely believed in it.

However, for those of us who have studied the Christian Greek Scriptures in depth, it is obvious that the trinity cannot be supported, even from Trinitarian translations.

However, don't despair, there is hope, Jehovah has made sure of that. He has made sure that, with diligent study, it is possible to understand the basics of scripture, and with his help the deep things also.

There are a few simple rules to truly understanding scripture.

First you have to prove to yourself that it truly is the word of God. Seeing the reliability of prophecy should do that for you.

Having learned that is the case, you have to remember that as God's word it must be harmonious with no contradictions or serious errors, errors worse than a few reporting differences personal to the thinking of the writer.

The next most important rule is don;t believe what any man tells you. Including me.

You may need to accept some things on face value until you know better, but never forget there is always a question mark over our understanding of scripture. It can always be improved.Anyone who thinks their understanding of scripture cannot be improved is too arrogant by half.

As you read, you will find things that appear to contradict. The onus is then on you to find out which one you are misunderstanding or is mistranslated, or in rare cases doesn't even belong. It can take years, or even decades to get to the bottom of some of the problems man has caused.

Always keep firmly in mind:

John 17:3

James 1:5-8.

1 Corinthians 2:11-16.

1 Corinthians 1:26-30. : :

It's not just translating that made a mess out of the NT. It wasn't written and produced by God's saints. It is the work of heathens who used their religious traditions and pagan teachings and added some stolen words from the true Servant of God that was testified to by God's saints.

Everyone who reads the NT will be deceived of the Truth.
Composer
Posts: 5,858
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/13/2015 1:09:19 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 9/12/2015 7:19:16 PM, MadCornishBiker wrote:
I do not lie, I have no need to. I say translations because at least the vast majority are indeed translations, as well as versions, including the NWT.

Lying would do neither me, nor any who happened to listen to me any good. Only the truth has any value, therefore that is what I teach, whether people such as you like it or not.
You are a proven malignant liar MCB! e.g. -

You claimed your propaganda, God, h-s & dissolved archangel mikey - jebus told you " Satan is not a Hebrew word! " but I proved it is!

The Botchtower's NWT however retains that Hebrew Term in its narrative instead of Translating it in to its proper English meaning of an Adversary/Opposer/Enemy!

Hence that fact alone proves the NWT is NOT a legitimate Translation in to English, but a pretend one!

That makes you and your supporters dimwitted & deceiving liars!

&

You lately preach that ' Mikey IS jebus! ' when the opinion of the Botchtower supposed God said the 100% opposite! -

"The Lord has graciously provided for the publication of his message in the form of books, that the people many be informed of the truth....those books do not contain the opinion of any man." (Riches, 1936, p. 384, 385)

***The Watchtower is not the instrument of any man or any set of men, nor is it published according to the whims of men. No man's opinion is expressed in The Watchtower. (The Watchtower 1931 November 1 p.327)

So this supposed God's opinion in these various books is -

Michael The Watchtower Reprints, November 11, 1879, p. 48 ""Let all the angels of God worship him"; (that must include Michael , the chief angel, hence Michael is not the Son of God)"

MCB & Co's ' opinion ' is 100% to the contrary!

So that makes YOU a malignant LIAR again MCB & Co. Or this supposed God a fallible fool!

You remain as always, a malignant LIAR & Apostate Botchtower vomit!

QED
MadCornishBiker
Posts: 23,302
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/13/2015 8:05:59 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 9/12/2015 8:52:01 PM, TheWORDisLIFE wrote:
At 9/12/2015 8:22:12 PM, MadCornishBiker wrote:
At 9/12/2015 7:29:37 PM, TheWORDisLIFE wrote:
At 9/12/2015 7:11:02 PM, MadCornishBiker wrote:
At 9/12/2015 6:46:58 PM, TheWORDisLIFE wrote:
At 9/12/2015 4:44:23 PM, MadCornishBiker wrote:
The problem is that the bible ias we know it today has been messed about by humans, at the instigation of Satan, even if those who messed it about didn't realise it.

The vast majority of translators were trinitarian, and have biased their translation towards that teaching, sine at least the majority sincerely believed in it.

However, for those of us who have studied the Christian Greek Scriptures in depth, it is obvious that the trinity cannot be supported, even from Trinitarian translations.

However, don't despair, there is hope, Jehovah has made sure of that. He has made sure that, with diligent study, it is possible to understand the basics of scripture, and with his help the deep things also.

There are a few simple rules to truly understanding scripture.

First you have to prove to yourself that it truly is the word of God. Seeing the reliability of prophecy should do that for you.

Having learned that is the case, you have to remember that as God's word it must be harmonious with no contradictions or serious errors, errors worse than a few reporting differences personal to the thinking of the writer.

The next most important rule is don;t believe what any man tells you. Including me.

You may need to accept some things on face value until you know better, but never forget there is always a question mark over our understanding of scripture. It can always be improved.Anyone who thinks their understanding of scripture cannot be improved is too arrogant by half.

As you read, you will find things that appear to contradict. The onus is then on you to find out which one you are misunderstanding or is mistranslated, or in rare cases doesn't even belong. It can take years, or even decades to get to the bottom of some of the problems man has caused.

Always keep firmly in mind:

John 17:3

James 1:5-8.

1 Corinthians 2:11-16.

1 Corinthians 1:26-30.

Your religion has taught you some of the dumbest lies ever told LOL

Nope, it has only ever taught me the truth, simple as.

Let's see if your religion is teaching you the truth. What is "truth" according to Scripture? Give me one verse.

OK, that's no problem. I'll give you one that only has one possible meaning.

John 1:14 http://studybible.info...
ALT(i) 14 And the Word [or, the Expression of [divine] Logic] became flesh and tabernacled among us, and we beheld His glory, glory as of an only-begotten [or, uniquely-begotten] from [the] Father, full of grace and truth.

It was the Word who came to earth to be the Christ, and he was Jehovah's only begotten son.

Can you tell me how the Word can be Jehovah's only begotten son, since Jehovah has so many sons? Not only Angelic sons, but human sons

I always give value for money so here's another.

1 Corinthians 15:24 http://studybible.info...
ALT(i) 24 Then the end, when He shall hand over the kingdom to God, even [the] Father, when He shall abolish every ruler and every authority and power.

Since the son, at the end of his reign, has to hand the Kingdom back to his father, what is the true relationship between Father and son?

Please note the scriptures are quoted from The Analytical, Literal Translation, deliberately not a JW publication.

Why?

Because everything I teach I can prove from any translation you care to name. That is, as long as I can get at an online copy of it.

I teach truth from scripture, and the only one who teaches me is scripture itself with holy spirit as my aide memoir so that I can recall whatever scripture I need to qualify the meanings of others, (James 1:5-8; 1 Corinthians 2:11-16)

Scripture, and holy spirit are all I need, and everything else has to past the tests they pose before it is accepted.

Ummmm, although I said give ONE scripture, none of those verses you listed say anything about what truth is.

Oh I always give value for money.

When Jesus was asked for one law he quoted two.

No, they tell you how to find the truth. Truth isa that which is right and correct, and only that.

Psalms 119:142 Thy righteousnesse is an euerlasting righteousnesse: and thy law is the truth.

Perfectly true. But what is Jehovah's Law, since the Mosaic Law was given for a purpose and that purpose was fulfilled in the arrival of the Messiah, his ministry and eventual sacrifice.

When ask which was the most important Law in the Commandments, Jesus gave a very telling answer. He quoted one law, and a part of another, namely:

You must love Jehovah your God with your whole being, your whole mind, and your whole heart.

The second one is:

You must love your fellow man as yourself.

Why telling?

Because he followed that up with "Keep these two and you will have fulfilled the law and the prophets.

All we really need are those two laws, which are completely inseparable. If you do not keep either one, you cannot keep the other, but then that should be obvious if you think about it.

Jehovah and his son must hate the fact that we divide ourselves up into different races when in reality there is only one race. The human race.
MadCornishBiker
Posts: 23,302
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/13/2015 8:07:56 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 9/12/2015 8:50:08 PM, DanneJeRusse wrote:
At 9/12/2015 7:55:46 PM, MadCornishBiker wrote:
At 9/12/2015 7:46:27 PM, DanneJeRusse wrote:
At 9/12/2015 7:09:55 PM, MadCornishBiker wrote:
At 9/12/2015 5:50:57 PM, DanneJeRusse wrote:
At 9/12/2015 4:44:23 PM, MadCornishBiker wrote:

The next most important rule is don;t believe what any man tells you. Including me.

Perhaps, you may not have noticed by now, but we don't believe what you tell us, nor do we believe what the Bible tells us, it also was written by men.

That should pretty much wrap up this thread. Thanks.

That's OK, it is your right to disagree, as I have long been a ware that most people will.

After all, what chance do I stand of being believed if the majority of people in his day didn't even believe Jehovah's son incarnate.

However it is my role to keep trying just i case one persona decides to test it out for themselves.

It doesn't discourage me in the least because scripture gives me a great deal of hope, and I would love to share that hope with others.

And yet, out of your almost 18K posts, not a single person has been interested in anything you share, everyone simply disagrees with you and is tired of hearing it.

You are making a statement you cannot possibly know the truth of, lol.

In fact you and I both know that is not true.

Nope, it is 100% absolute truth, guaranteed. Try refuting it, you can't.

Nor can you prove it is true, and that is the most important thing. In this case, the lack of proof is all the evidence I need.