Jump to topic:

Are you on the grapevine

MadCornishBiker
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/14/2015 12:55:03 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
Do you understand the import of Jesus parable of the Vineyard owner? As is sometimes the case with his parables it had a fulfilment then, and one now as well. The fulfilment then is the more obvious one.

Luke 20:9-16
ASV(i) 9 And he began to speak unto the people this parable: A man planted a vineyard, and let it out to husbandmen, and went into another country for a long time. 10 And at the season he sent unto the husbandmen a servant, that they should give him of the fruit of the vineyard: but the husbandmen beat him, and sent him away empty. 11 And he sent yet another servant: and him also they beat, and handled him shamefully, and sent him away empty. 12 And he sent yet a third: and him also they wounded, and cast him forth. 13 And the lord of the vineyard said, What shall I do? I will send my beloved son; it may be they will reverence him. 14 But when the husbandmen saw him, they reasoned one with another, saying, This is the heir; let us kill him, that the inheritance may be ours. 15 And they cast him forth out of the vineyard, and killed him. What therefore will the lord of the vineyard do unto them? 16 He will come and destroy these husbandmen, and will give the vineyard unto others. And when they heard it, they said, God forbid.

The Vineyard owner is Jehovah, the husbandmen are the religious leader then and now, the vineyard is the people, the slaves are the prophets, and those sent to speak in his name, the son, is just that, and in the first fulfilment literally became incarnate so that he could come to the earth physically, in the modern day fulfilment he directs operations from his throne in heaven.

In both situations the son has been killed. In the first fulfilment literally so, in the second figuratively in that he has been exchanged for a counterfeit version.

In each case the Vineyard was given to other cultivators, In the 1st century, the Jews were "killed" in that their authority was removed, and given to the Apostles, who cared for it well, but whose successors did not .

In the modern day it has been taken from those unfaithful successors to the Apostles, and given to those who became known as Jehovah's Witnesses, who will be the last cultivators of this vineyard before the owner again sends Christ in to destroy, this time literally and completely, all those unfaithful cultivators, who have now been split into many factions.

If you are clinging to the Jewish way, you are clinging to a boat that has long ago sunk.

If you are clinging to the faiths who call themselves Christian you are clinging to a boat that is sinking fast.

Get into the Jehovah's Witness "lifeboat" before it is too late.
bills_friend
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/14/2015 4:29:58 PM
At 9/14/2015 12:55:03 PM, MadCornishBiker wrote:
Do you understand the import of Jesus parable of the Vineyard owner? As is sometimes the case with his parables it had a fulfilment then, and one now as well. The fulfilment then is the more obvious one.

ASV(i) 9 And he began to speak unto the people this parable: A man planted a vineyard, and let it out to husbandmen, and went into another country for a long time. 10 And at the season he sent unto the husbandmen a servant, that they should give him of the fruit of the vineyard: but the husbandmen beat him, and sent him away empty. 11 And he sent yet another servant: and him also they beat, and handled him shamefully, and sent him away empty. 12 And he sent yet a third: and him also they wounded, and cast him forth. 13 And the lord of the vineyard said, What shall I do? I will send my beloved son; it may be they will reverence him. 14 But when the husbandmen saw him, they reasoned one with another, saying, This is the heir; let us kill him, that the inheritance may be ours. 15 And they cast him forth out of the vineyard, and killed him. What therefore will the lord of the vineyard do unto them? 16 He will come and destroy these husbandmen, and will give the vineyard unto others. And when they heard it, they said, God forbid.

The Vineyard owner is Jehovah, the husbandmen are the religious leader then and now, the vineyard is the people, the slaves are the prophets, and those sent to speak in his name, the son, is just that, and in the first fulfilment literally became incarnate so that he could come to the earth physically, in the modern day fulfilment he directs operations from his throne in heaven.

In both situations the son has been killed. In the first fulfilment literally so, in the second figuratively in that he has been exchanged for a counterfeit version.

In each case the Vineyard was given to other cultivators, In the 1st century, the Jews were "killed" in that their authority was removed, and given to the Apostles, who cared for it well, but whose successors did not .

In the modern day it has been taken from those unfaithful successors to the Apostles, and given to those who became known as Jehovah's Witnesses, who will be the last cultivators of this vineyard before the owner again sends Christ in to destroy, this time literally and completely, all those unfaithful cultivators, who have now been split into many factions.

If you are clinging to the Jewish way, you are clinging to a boat that has long ago sunk.

If you are clinging to the faiths who call themselves Christian you are clinging to a boat that is sinking fast.

Get into the Jehovah's Witness "lifeboat" before it is too late. : :

If God needed help to save his people, he would have told us so. The JW's and other religious people do not understand this.

Acts 17
4: The God who made the world and everything in it, being Lord of heaven and earth, does not live in shrines made by man,
25: nor is he served by human hands, as though he needed anything, since he himself gives to all men life and breath and everything.
Otokage
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/14/2015 5:06:27 PM

There's a reason why JW that visit people houses are always tall, blonde, young and hot: old grandpas are useless to convert people, especially through the internet. No offense :)
MadCornishBiker
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/14/2015 7:33:35 PM
At 9/14/2015 4:29:58 PM, bills_friend wrote:

If God needed help to save his people, he would have told us so. The JW's and other religious people do not understand this.

Acts 17
4: The God who made the world and everything in it, being Lord of heaven and earth, does not live in shrines made by man,
25: nor is he served by human hands, as though he needed anything, since he himself gives to all men life and breath and everything.

He doesn't need help to save any, but eh does need to know which ones wish to be saved, which are going to agree to be a part of his plan.

Why do you think he sent his son to get that works started, a work that Christ described as "separating the sheep from the goats"?

He has always used humans, from Enoch and Noah down to the JWs today, to pass on his messages of judgement or salvation, why should he change that pattern now?
MadCornishBiker
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/14/2015 7:37:18 PM
At 9/14/2015 5:06:27 PM, Otokage wrote:

There's a reason why JW that visit people houses are always tall, blonde, young and hot: old grandpas are useless to convert people, especially through the internet. No offense :)

None taken. I would last long as a follower of Christ if I took offence. Whether Jehovah and his son will is between you and them.

JWs of all ages follow eh pattern set by Christ.

It is not their role to convert anyone, each person has to choose and either convert themselves or not.

JWs are only there to help them decide which way to go, if they want that help.

Unless people convert themselves their conversion is pointless. As the song goes we must each "Make the Truth our own".

What use is someone else's truth to anyone?
bills_friend
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/14/2015 7:50:27 PM
At 9/14/2015 7:33:35 PM, MadCornishBiker wrote:
At 9/14/2015 4:29:58 PM, bills_friend wrote:

Acts 17

He doesn't need help to save any, but eh does need to know which ones wish to be saved, which are going to agree to be a part of his plan.

It's evident you don't understand the scripture I provided here. God doesn't need anyone's help to save his people from this world. He already planned to save all his people.

Why do you think he sent his son to get that works started, a work that Christ described as "separating the sheep from the goats"?

He sent his saints to tell his people that they're all saved from this world.

He has always used humans, from Enoch and Noah down to the JWs today, to pass on his messages of judgement or salvation, why should he change that pattern now? : :

He didn't use any religious people like the JW's, Mormons or other Christian groups to tell his people that they're all saved. None of these religious people even know who God is or what his plan is for his people.