Total Posts:3|Showing Posts:1-3
Jump to topic:

Have u used drugs/had religious experience?

Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/14/2015 10:44:38 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 9/14/2015 10:21:33 PM, IntellectVsSpirit5000 wrote:
Have you ever eaten paste, done shrooms, smoked elicit drugs and had a religious experience? : :

Have you?
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/15/2015 1:11:15 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
One month I was experimenting with ayahuasca, I did 3 sessions in two weeks. It was a profound experience to say the least. The best way I can explain it is that my consciousness was amplified, and with that amplified consciousness I was on a plane of perception I didn't even know was possible. All matter and energy I cognized as behavior of this "radiant something", the best word I can come up with is "light". Light is the closest thing I can compare this metaphysical substrate to. But it's not like light as in you see with the eyes from the sun, stars, bulbs, or any anything like that. But light as we know it is the closest thing that resembles it. An emanation of some sort of perfectness, beauty, goodness, and power; yet so incredibly subtle.
And the more familiar I became with this light after an hour into the trip I realized I am of this same light, and also by the means of that light was I able to realize that I am of it - it made so much sense, the world dissolved and everything became clear, I was everything, everything was me, everything and everyone was one, unity, beauty, and strength. I fell to my knees in tears crying for forgiveness for all my conceit and pride. I kept saying in sobs "I didn't know, I didn't know, but now I understand, I finally understand". Never have I been so humbled. All of my personal problems meant nothing anymore, I was shown the light, and I am of this light, and by means of the light was I able to see I was of it- I knew my sorrow, stress, anger, jealousy, hatred, and most importantly- disapproval of people who aren't smart or good, mean nothing- it was all self made, my own ego- which is of no truth at all, but only the light that has forgotten itself. I realized I don't have to be so sad, i do t have to be angry, or scared. I don't have to carry the weight- all I had to do was let go of everything I mistook to be real and true and give in to this moment.
I felt so sorry for being so stupid my whole life, the truth has been with me this whole time. I cried and cried for never had everything made so much sense.
After a few hours I started to come down, and I could recognize the darkness which grips all ordinary people in its midst, the darkness which I too was caught up in. This darkness is the body and the mind. My heart was filled with compassionate pity, for people just don't know- and that's why there are so many problems in the world. People just don't know. I wanted to grab everyone I saw by the shoulders, shake them, and shout "WAKE UP, WAKE UP!!" Cause I could see everyone was of the light as well, but couldn't see it themselves. I wanted everyone to see the truth and feel the radiance, but they couldn't, we can't in normal consciousness cause we're too caught up in the mind and body.

Eventually after a week the "afterglow" wears off and all your left with is the memory, it's up to you what you do with it. Ayahuasca changed my life. I am convinced all the great religious leaders, sages, and saints of the past found that plane through discipline and practice. Whether it's meditation or prayer doesn't matter- the point is to induce an incredibly profound level of concentration in an incredibly profound state of relaxation at the same time.

I'm not and never have been a Christian. But when I look at the bible and I see Jesus saying stuff like "the kingdom is within you and without" or "I and my father are one" - I can't help but be convinced I know exactly what he was talking about.

Anyway that was a while ago and those memories will always be with me, however I'll never do it again, I was relieved when it wore off, it's a lot to handle for an unprepared mind that essentially is just cheating and inducing that level of consciousness through means other than sober diligent effort (meditation and prayer). And because of that not everyone has s good experience when it is induced "artificially" so to say, bad trips happen.

Anyway I'm a practicing Buddhist now and the Awakened One has taught me that although there are profound levels of consciousness human beings can attain, it too is impermanent and subject to stress and change and without a core self- it is not the supreme bliss or liberation, only the path of Dhamma can do that, and part of that path is seeing even consciousness as something to not be attached to, no matter how profound or "godlike" it seems.

Even God exhibits stress, regret, and anger in the Bible. Jesus too. Even if he does exist, he's obviously not completely free from Dukkha, and therefore is not as worthy as the truly Enlightened One, who was a teacher of both gods and men- so to him I take refuge, his teachings I will practice.

Sorry for any typos and grammar errors, I did this on my phone.
"The three kinds of feelings, O monks, are impermanent, compounded, dependently arisen, liable to destruction, to evanescence, to fading away, to cessation " namely, pleasant feeling, painful feeling, and neutral feeling."