Total Posts:53|Showing Posts:1-30|Last Page
Jump to topic:

Question to Atheists?

seeu46
Posts: 578
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/15/2015 4:58:27 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
To the ones that say, God does not exist.

Does not the idea of eternal peace satisfy you. No not the ones taught by religion, as I refer to just being dead. Completely void of this life of struggle and survival. Do you not desire death often? In the atheist world view, it would appear that death is as close to as heaven as can be. Ever lasting peace with no more worries or problems of any kind.

Not that I would want this for you, but I'm surprised, your still here so often and have not pulled the plug on your self yet. For this everlasting peace for yourself in your world view is in non existence. No more nagging friends or bothersome theists or perhaps cheating wife maybe girlfriend. No more concerns about paying bills or large amounts of debt. Perhaps a murderer is near by, no need to worry about those types of incidents. By your world view anyways. By my world view, this would not be a good act and would doom my soul. This way, my world view is not contradicted. But by your world view, it seems to be in conflict with your logic. Does not your logic, surpass your primal primitive thoughts on survival? I guess not.

Sure maybe your wife, kids or family might miss you. But they also might end up stronger without you. Is this not worth it? They'll be sad at first but might become stronger and maybe even better then you. Your going to die one day, right? Why not just speed up the process a little? Even find a way to do it quick and painless. Again not that I would want this for you, especially by my world view.

See you atheists always say, that you always have to pretend that God is real, in order for us to understand God is not real. But today I play your game and see the world through your eyes.

Again I say, I don't want anyone to kill themselves or even hurt themselves! This is just seeing the world through your eyes. As some atheists say, they are doing the aborted fetus a favor, by this logic. So now I turn it around on them.

Thank you for your time.
DanneJeRusse
Posts: 12,635
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/15/2015 5:05:17 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 9/15/2015 4:58:27 PM, seeu46 wrote:
To the ones that say, God does not exist.

Does not the idea of eternal peace satisfy you. No not the ones taught by religion, as I refer to just being dead. Completely void of this life of struggle and survival. Do you not desire death often? In the atheist world view, it would appear that death is as close to as heaven as can be. Ever lasting peace with no more worries or problems of any kind.

Not that I would want this for you, but I'm surprised, your still here so often and have not pulled the plug on your self yet. For this everlasting peace for yourself in your world view is in non existence. No more nagging friends or bothersome theists or perhaps cheating wife maybe girlfriend. No more concerns about paying bills or large amounts of debt. Perhaps a murderer is near by, no need to worry about those types of incidents. By your world view anyways. By my world view, this would not be a good act and would doom my soul. This way, my world view is not contradicted. But by your world view, it seems to be in conflict with your logic. Does not your logic, surpass your primal primitive thoughts on survival? I guess not.

Sure maybe your wife, kids or family might miss you. But they also might end up stronger without you. Is this not worth it? They'll be sad at first but might become stronger and maybe even better then you. Your going to die one day, right? Why not just speed up the process a little? Even find a way to do it quick and painless. Again not that I would want this for you, especially by my world view.

See you atheists always say, that you always have to pretend that God is real, in order for us to understand God is not real. But today I play your game and see the world through your eyes.

Again I say, I don't want anyone to kill themselves or even hurt themselves! This is just seeing the world through your eyes. As some atheists say, they are doing the aborted fetus a favor, by this logic. So now I turn it around on them.

Thank you for your time.

This is one of the most illogical OP's I've read today. It demonstrates a complete lack of understanding worldviews of those who don't accept your irrational beliefs.
Marrying a 6 year old and waiting until she reaches puberty and maturity before having consensual sex is better than walking up to
a stranger in a bar and proceeding to have relations with no valid proof of the intent of the person. Muhammad wins. ~ Fatihah
If they don't want to be killed then they have to subdue to the Islamic laws. - Uncung
Without God, you are lower than sh!t. ~ SpiritandTruth
seeu46
Posts: 578
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/15/2015 5:09:15 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 9/15/2015 5:05:17 PM, DanneJeRusse wrote:
At 9/15/2015 4:58:27 PM, seeu46 wrote:
To the ones that say, God does not exist.

Does not the idea of eternal peace satisfy you. No not the ones taught by religion, as I refer to just being dead. Completely void of this life of struggle and survival. Do you not desire death often? In the atheist world view, it would appear that death is as close to as heaven as can be. Ever lasting peace with no more worries or problems of any kind.

Not that I would want this for you, but I'm surprised, your still here so often and have not pulled the plug on your self yet. For this everlasting peace for yourself in your world view is in non existence. No more nagging friends or bothersome theists or perhaps cheating wife maybe girlfriend. No more concerns about paying bills or large amounts of debt. Perhaps a murderer is near by, no need to worry about those types of incidents. By your world view anyways. By my world view, this would not be a good act and would doom my soul. This way, my world view is not contradicted. But by your world view, it seems to be in conflict with your logic. Does not your logic, surpass your primal primitive thoughts on survival? I guess not.

Sure maybe your wife, kids or family might miss you. But they also might end up stronger without you. Is this not worth it? They'll be sad at first but might become stronger and maybe even better then you. Your going to die one day, right? Why not just speed up the process a little? Even find a way to do it quick and painless. Again not that I would want this for you, especially by my world view.

See you atheists always say, that you always have to pretend that God is real, in order for us to understand God is not real. But today I play your game and see the world through your eyes.

Again I say, I don't want anyone to kill themselves or even hurt themselves! This is just seeing the world through your eyes. As some atheists say, they are doing the aborted fetus a favor, by this logic. So now I turn it around on them.

Thank you for your time.

This is one of the most illogical OP's I've read today. It demonstrates a complete lack of understanding worldviews of those who don't accept your irrational beliefs.

Non counter argument.
dhardage
Posts: 4,545
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/15/2015 5:15:53 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 9/15/2015 4:58:27 PM, seeu46 wrote:
To the ones that say, God does not exist.

Does not the idea of eternal peace satisfy you. No not the ones taught by religion, as I refer to just being dead. Completely void of this life of struggle and survival. Do you not desire death often? In the atheist world view, it would appear that death is as close to as heaven as can be. Ever lasting peace with no more worries or problems of any kind.

Sorry, I happen to like my life, difficult and painful though it may be at times. I don't crave oblivion and it will come in its own time regardless of my desires. A wise man sees problems as challenges to overcome, struggles as opportunities. As a non-believer I don't waste time considering what happens after. I focus on this one time, this life I am so fortunate to have.

Not that I would want this for you, but I'm surprised, your still here so often and have not pulled the plug on your self yet.

That's possibly the most obnoxious thing you could possible say.

For this everlasting peace for yourself in your world view is in non existence. No more nagging friends or bothersome theists or perhaps cheating wife maybe girlfriend.

Could say the same for you. Go ahead, take a shortcut to heaven, amigo.

No more concerns about paying bills or large amounts of debt. Perhaps a murderer is near by, no need to worry about those types of incidents. By your world view anyways. By my world view, this would not be a good act and would doom my soul.

Awww, to bad. You can't go see Daddy until he decides.

This way, my world view is not contradicted. But by your world view, it seems to be in conflict with your logic.

How is survival not logical?

Does not your logic, surpass your primal primitive thoughts on survival?

Yep, It keeps me from killing many people whom I believe the world would be better off without, among other things.

I guess not.

Sure maybe your wife, kids or family might miss you. But they also might end up stronger without you. Is this not worth it? They'll be sad at first but might become stronger and maybe even better then you. Your going to die one day, right? Why not just speed up the process a little? Even find a way to do it quick and painless. Again not that I would want this for you, especially by my world view.

See you atheists always say, that you always have to pretend that God is real, in order for us to understand God is not real. But today I play your game and see the world through your eyes.

You're still looking through your god glasses and pretending to be all solicitous and helpful when you're really being a jerk.

Again I say, I don't want anyone to kill themselves or even hurt themselves! This is just seeing the world through your eyes. As some atheists say, they are doing the aborted fetus a favor, by this logic. So now I turn it around on them.

Good grief, you're an idiot.

Thank you for your time.

Good day, sir.
Chaosism
Posts: 2,670
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/15/2015 5:32:49 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 9/15/2015 4:58:27 PM, seeu46 wrote:
To the ones that say, God does not exist.

Does not the idea of eternal peace satisfy you. No not the ones taught by religion, as I refer to just being dead. Completely void of this life of struggle and survival. Do you not desire death often? In the atheist world view, it would appear that death is as close to as heaven as can be. Ever lasting peace with no more worries or problems of any kind.

It's merely a state of null existence in the absence of anything else, and the appeal of that state is directly relative to one's opinion of their current existence. You spin it positively, but one can easily say there will be no joy or pleasure either. Personally, I am alive now, and the well-being of those others that exist now make my existence meaningful.

Not that I would want this for you, but I'm surprised, your still here so often and have not pulled the plug on your self yet. For this everlasting peace for yourself in your world view is in non existence. No more nagging friends or bothersome theists or perhaps cheating wife maybe girlfriend. No more concerns about paying bills or large amounts of debt. Perhaps a murderer is near by, no need to worry about those types of incidents. By your world view anyways. By my world view, this would not be a good act and would doom my soul. This way, my world view is not contradicted. But by your world view, it seems to be in conflict with your logic. Does not your logic, surpass your primal primitive thoughts on survival? I guess not.

If every concept of existence [or non-existence] is more appealing than this life, why isn't everyone out searching for a murderer? If you're worried about it being too close to suicide (if that matter), then go volunteer in a dangerous land where help is desperately needed. If you live, you did a lot of good! If not, well, to Heaven with you! Win, win! :)

Sure maybe your wife, kids or family might miss you. But they also might end up stronger without you. Is this not worth it? They'll be sad at first but might become stronger and maybe even better then you. Your going to die one day, right? Why not just speed up the process a little? Even find a way to do it quick and painless. Again not that I would want this for you, especially by my world view.

Our reasoning is formulated from the position we are in now. Certainly, if we die, then we certainly won't be concerned about their well-being any longer. That's not how it works, though. We see the misery that would befall those who care, and that we would be responsible for it. Again, you mention seeking an end, but by that logic, you should be even more motivated to find it, if Heaven is in your future.

See you atheists always say, that you always have to pretend that God is real, in order for us to understand God is not real. But today I play your game and see the world through your eyes.

OK... What's the opposite of rose-tinted glasses? Anyway, they are a little blurry.

And may I ask, would you truly take this position if it were proven [hypothetically] that God did not exist? If so, that is more disturbing that you rely so heavily on Him for meaning - you cannot find meaning in your own life.

Again I say, I don't want anyone to kill themselves or even hurt themselves! This is just seeing the world through your eyes. As some atheists say, they are doing the aborted fetus a favor, by this logic. So now I turn it around on them.

I haven't heard that, but I'd believe that people made such an argument. Even so, death that guarantees Heaven and avoidance of Hell is not equivalent when fate is the same across the board. I believe that this is a false equivalence fallacy.

Thank you for your time.
retiree
Posts: 12
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/15/2015 5:36:37 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 9/15/2015 4:58:27 PM, seeu46 wrote:
To the ones that say, God does not exist.

Does not the idea of eternal peace satisfy you. No not the ones taught by religion, as I refer to just being dead. Completely void of this life of struggle and survival. Do you not desire death often? In the atheist world view, it would appear that death is as close to as heaven as can be. Ever lasting peace with no more worries or problems of any kind.

Not that I would want this for you, but I'm surprised, your still here so often and have not pulled the plug on your self yet. For this everlasting peace for yourself in your world view is in non existence. No more nagging friends or bothersome theists or perhaps cheating wife maybe girlfriend. No more concerns about paying bills or large amounts of debt. Perhaps a murderer is near by, no need to worry about those types of incidents. By your world view anyways. By my world view, this would not be a good act and would doom my soul. This way, my world view is not contradicted. But by your world view, it seems to be in conflict with your logic. Does not your logic, surpass your primal primitive thoughts on survival? I guess not.

Sure maybe your wife, kids or family might miss you. But they also might end up stronger without you. Is this not worth it? They'll be sad at first but might become stronger and maybe even better then you. Your going to die one day, right? Why not just speed up the process a little? Even find a way to do it quick and painless. Again not that I would want this for you, especially by my world view.

See you atheists always say, that you always have to pretend that God is real, in order for us to understand God is not real. But today I play your game and see the world through your eyes.

Again I say, I don't want anyone to kill themselves or even hurt themselves! This is just seeing the world through your eyes. As some atheists say, they are doing the aborted fetus a favor, by this logic. So now I turn it around on them.

Thank you for your time. : :

The ones ( atheists ) who say there is no God are much better off than the ones ( Christians ) who say there is a God but don't listen to his voice or obey any of his commandments.

Atheists can easily see that Christians are hypocrites.
DanneJeRusse
Posts: 12,635
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/15/2015 5:54:50 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 9/15/2015 5:09:15 PM, seeu46 wrote:
At 9/15/2015 5:05:17 PM, DanneJeRusse wrote:
At 9/15/2015 4:58:27 PM, seeu46 wrote:
To the ones that say, God does not exist.

Does not the idea of eternal peace satisfy you. No not the ones taught by religion, as I refer to just being dead. Completely void of this life of struggle and survival. Do you not desire death often? In the atheist world view, it would appear that death is as close to as heaven as can be. Ever lasting peace with no more worries or problems of any kind.

Not that I would want this for you, but I'm surprised, your still here so often and have not pulled the plug on your self yet. For this everlasting peace for yourself in your world view is in non existence. No more nagging friends or bothersome theists or perhaps cheating wife maybe girlfriend. No more concerns about paying bills or large amounts of debt. Perhaps a murderer is near by, no need to worry about those types of incidents. By your world view anyways. By my world view, this would not be a good act and would doom my soul. This way, my world view is not contradicted. But by your world view, it seems to be in conflict with your logic. Does not your logic, surpass your primal primitive thoughts on survival? I guess not.

Sure maybe your wife, kids or family might miss you. But they also might end up stronger without you. Is this not worth it? They'll be sad at first but might become stronger and maybe even better then you. Your going to die one day, right? Why not just speed up the process a little? Even find a way to do it quick and painless. Again not that I would want this for you, especially by my world view.

See you atheists always say, that you always have to pretend that God is real, in order for us to understand God is not real. But today I play your game and see the world through your eyes.

Again I say, I don't want anyone to kill themselves or even hurt themselves! This is just seeing the world through your eyes. As some atheists say, they are doing the aborted fetus a favor, by this logic. So now I turn it around on them.

Thank you for your time.

This is one of the most illogical OP's I've read today. It demonstrates a complete lack of understanding worldviews of those who don't accept your irrational beliefs.

Non counter argument.

That would require you actually form an argument, first. What you offer in the OP is beyond stupid.
Marrying a 6 year old and waiting until she reaches puberty and maturity before having consensual sex is better than walking up to
a stranger in a bar and proceeding to have relations with no valid proof of the intent of the person. Muhammad wins. ~ Fatihah
If they don't want to be killed then they have to subdue to the Islamic laws. - Uncung
Without God, you are lower than sh!t. ~ SpiritandTruth
Burzmali
Posts: 1,310
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/15/2015 6:17:40 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 9/15/2015 4:58:27 PM, seeu46 wrote:
To the ones that say, God does not exist.

Does not the idea of eternal peace satisfy you. No not the ones taught by religion, as I refer to just being dead. Completely void of this life of struggle and survival. Do you not desire death often? In the atheist world view, it would appear that death is as close to as heaven as can be. Ever lasting peace with no more worries or problems of any kind.

Not that I would want this for you, but I'm surprised, your still here so often and have not pulled the plug on your self yet. For this everlasting peace for yourself in your world view is in non existence. No more nagging friends or bothersome theists or perhaps cheating wife maybe girlfriend. No more concerns about paying bills or large amounts of debt. Perhaps a murderer is near by, no need to worry about those types of incidents. By your world view anyways. By my world view, this would not be a good act and would doom my soul. This way, my world view is not contradicted. But by your world view, it seems to be in conflict with your logic. Does not your logic, surpass your primal primitive thoughts on survival? I guess not.

Sure maybe your wife, kids or family might miss you. But they also might end up stronger without you. Is this not worth it? They'll be sad at first but might become stronger and maybe even better then you. Your going to die one day, right? Why not just speed up the process a little? Even find a way to do it quick and painless. Again not that I would want this for you, especially by my world view.

See you atheists always say, that you always have to pretend that God is real, in order for us to understand God is not real. But today I play your game and see the world through your eyes.

Again I say, I don't want anyone to kill themselves or even hurt themselves! This is just seeing the world through your eyes. As some atheists say, they are doing the aborted fetus a favor, by this logic. So now I turn it around on them.

Thank you for your time.

First of all, atheism isn't a worldview. It's an answer to a single question: do you believe in god? If the answer is "no," then you're an atheist. Even if you want to get more strict about it and make the question "do you believe that there are no gods" and the answer is "yes," that still isn't a worldview. Furthermore, being an atheist doesn't preclude the idea of an afterlife. There are atheistic sects of Buddhism that still believe in reincarnation, for example.

As to the question about why I don't just shortcut my way out of this life, I don't know what happens when I die. I prefer to operate based on what I do know, with reasonable certainty. And I know that I enjoy my life. Why would I want to end it, even if I knew that oblivion was waiting for me afterward?

I think it would be fair to turn this question around on theists who believe that all sins can be forgiven, though. Why not just commit suicide by proxy, which was something that happened enough in the 17th and 18th centuries to cause legal changes? I'm at work, so I'm not going to describe it, but look it up. According to the tenets of a lot of Christian sects, suicide by proxy could easily be argued as good for the people involved. So why don't you do that and get into eternal paradise right now?
joetheripper117
Posts: 284
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/15/2015 6:54:11 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 9/15/2015 4:58:27 PM, seeu46 wrote:
To the ones that say, God does not exist.

I say something more along the lines of "it's very unlikely that God exists", but I suppose I'm close enough.


Does not the idea of eternal peace satisfy you. No not the ones taught by religion, as I refer to just being dead. Completely void of this life of struggle and survival. Do you not desire death often? In the atheist world view, it would appear that death is as close to as heaven as can be. Ever lasting peace with no more worries or problems of any kind.

The idea of death grants me no peace, only appreciation for the life I have right now. I am part of one of the very few things alive that is able comprehend the world around it, and I would be happy to remain that way for as long as I can.


Not that I would want this for you, but I'm surprised, your still here so often and have not pulled the plug on your self yet. For this everlasting peace for yourself in your world view is in non existence. No more nagging friends or bothersome theists or perhaps cheating wife maybe girlfriend. No more concerns about paying bills or large amounts of debt. Perhaps a murderer is near by, no need to worry about those types of incidents. By your world view anyways

No, not by my worldview, by your false assumption of my worldview.

By my world view, this would not be a good act and would doom my soul. This way, my world view is not contradicted. But by your world view, it seems to be in conflict with your logic. Does not your logic, surpass your primal primitive thoughts on survival? I guess not.

I really don't see how logic would lead me to kill myself. The way I see it, I should logically try to make the most of my life for the short time I have it.


Sure maybe your wife, kids or family might miss you. But they also might end up stronger without you. Is this not worth it? They'll be sad at first but might become stronger and maybe even better then you. Your going to die one day, right? Why not just speed up the process a little? Even find a way to do it quick and painless. Again not that I would want this for you, especially by my world view.

If I had a wife or kids, I could never abandon them in the manner you describe.


See you atheists always say, that you always have to pretend that God is real, in order for us to understand God is not real. But today I play your game and see the world through your eyes.

Again, you are not looking at the world through my eyes. You are not mirroring my viewpoints on these matters, so do not claim to be doing so.


Again I say, I don't want anyone to kill themselves or even hurt themselves! This is just seeing the world through your eyes. As some atheists say, they are doing the aborted fetus a favor,

I have never heard anyone say that an aborted fetus is being done a favor by not experiencing the happiness of life, and I have never said that myself.

by this logic. So now I turn it around on them.

I have never used that logic, so your argument against my worldview is null.


Thank you for your time.

Thank you for your question.
"By all means let's be open-minded, but not so open-minded that our brains drop out."
-Richard Dawkins
"The onus is on you to say why; the onus is not on the rest of us to say why not."
-Richard Dawkins
bulproof
Posts: 25,288
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/15/2015 7:10:15 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
HaHa another barseackwards krisjun.
Your worldview states that abortion is the greatest gift, straight into heaven, why don't you do it for your offspring?
Too selfish?
Skepticalone
Posts: 6,131
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/15/2015 7:54:51 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 9/15/2015 4:58:27 PM, seeu46 wrote:
To the ones that say, God does not exist.

Does not the idea of eternal peace satisfy you. No not the ones taught by religion, as I refer to just being dead. Completely void of this life of struggle and survival. Do you not desire death often? In the atheist world view, it would appear that death is as close to as heaven as can be. Ever lasting peace with no more worries or problems of any kind.

Not that I would want this for you, but I'm surprised, your still here so often and have not pulled the plug on your self yet. For this everlasting peace for yourself in your world view is in non existence. No more nagging friends or bothersome theists or perhaps cheating wife maybe girlfriend. No more concerns about paying bills or large amounts of debt. Perhaps a murderer is near by, no need to worry about those types of incidents. By your world view anyways. By my world view, this would not be a good act and would doom my soul. This way, my world view is not contradicted. But by your world view, it seems to be in conflict with your logic. Does not your logic, surpass your primal primitive thoughts on survival? I guess not.

Sure maybe your wife, kids or family might miss you. But they also might end up stronger without you. Is this not worth it? They'll be sad at first but might become stronger and maybe even better then you. Your going to die one day, right? Why not just speed up the process a little? Even find a way to do it quick and painless. Again not that I would want this for you, especially by my world view.

See you atheists always say, that you always have to pretend that God is real, in order for us to understand God is not real. But today I play your game and see the world through your eyes.

Again I say, I don't want anyone to kill themselves or even hurt themselves! This is just seeing the world through your eyes. As some atheists say, they are doing the aborted fetus a favor, by this logic. So now I turn it around on them.

Thank you for your time.

Life is the closest equivalent to heaven from my point of view, so death would take me away from that.
This thread is like eavesdropping on a conversation in a mental asylum. - Bulproof

You can call your invisible friends whatever you like. - Desmac

What the hell kind of coked up sideshow has this thread turned into. - Casten
MaxSterling
Posts: 62
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/15/2015 8:41:18 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 9/15/2015 4:58:27 PM, seeu46 wrote:
To the ones that say, God does not exist.

Does not the idea of eternal peace satisfy you. No not the ones taught by religion, as I refer to just being dead. Completely void of this life of struggle and survival. Do you not desire death often? In the atheist world view, it would appear that death is as close to as heaven as can be. Ever lasting peace with no more worries or problems of any kind.

Not that I would want this for you, but I'm surprised, your still here so often and have not pulled the plug on your self yet. For this everlasting peace for yourself in your world view is in non existence. No more nagging friends or bothersome theists or perhaps cheating wife maybe girlfriend. No more concerns about paying bills or large amounts of debt. Perhaps a murderer is near by, no need to worry about those types of incidents. By your world view anyways. By my world view, this would not be a good act and would doom my soul. This way, my world view is not contradicted. But by your world view, it seems to be in conflict with your logic. Does not your logic, surpass your primal primitive thoughts on survival? I guess not.

Sure maybe your wife, kids or family might miss you. But they also might end up stronger without you. Is this not worth it? They'll be sad at first but might become stronger and maybe even better then you. Your going to die one day, right? Why not just speed up the process a little? Even find a way to do it quick and painless. Again not that I would want this for you, especially by my world view.

See you atheists always say, that you always have to pretend that God is real, in order for us to understand God is not real. But today I play your game and see the world through your eyes.

Again I say, I don't want anyone to kill themselves or even hurt themselves! This is just seeing the world through your eyes. As some atheists say, they are doing the aborted fetus a favor, by this logic. So now I turn it around on them.

Thank you for your time.

What you're describing is Nihilism, atheism holds no position on self-worth beyond the fact that a deity does not impose our worth on us. There are plenty of philosophical movements and beliefs that don't require a deity that justify our existence here and many of us, like myself, simply decide why we want to live and stick with it.

For me at least, the struggle is why I intend to live my life to the end and why I dislike the proposition of heavan. "How happy are those who's walls already rise?" I wish not for the challenges of learning, overcoming, and attaining victory to be robbed of me or my children. As in the end that is what makes us human.

The main problem, as I've touched upon, is that you have a prescribed notion of what 'atheists believe' when we have no central structure, no leaders, no core tenants. The proposition of atheism is very frank, in truth, there's no need to take it for anything but the core etymology of the word.
"But why do you want REVENGE?!"

"I HAVE REASONS!!!!!"
ken1122
Posts: 486
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/15/2015 11:24:31 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 9/15/2015 5:05:17 PM, DanneJeRusse wrote:
At 9/15/2015 4:58:27 PM, seeu46 wrote:
To the ones that say, God does not exist.

Does not the idea of eternal peace satisfy you. No not the ones taught by religion, as I refer to just being dead. Completely void of this life of struggle and survival. Do you not desire death often? In the atheist world view, it would appear that death is as close to as heaven as can be. Ever lasting peace with no more worries or problems of any kind.

Not that I would want this for you, but I'm surprised, your still here so often and have not pulled the plug on your self yet. For this everlasting peace for yourself in your world view is in non existence. No more nagging friends or bothersome theists or perhaps cheating wife maybe girlfriend. No more concerns about paying bills or large amounts of debt. Perhaps a murderer is near by, no need to worry about those types of incidents. By your world view anyways. By my world view, this would not be a good act and would doom my soul. This way, my world view is not contradicted. But by your world view, it seems to be in conflict with your logic. Does not your logic, surpass your primal primitive thoughts on survival? I guess not.

Sure maybe your wife, kids or family might miss you. But they also might end up stronger without you. Is this not worth it? They'll be sad at first but might become stronger and maybe even better then you. Your going to die one day, right? Why not just speed up the process a little? Even find a way to do it quick and painless. Again not that I would want this for you, especially by my world view.

See you atheists always say, that you always have to pretend that God is real, in order for us to understand God is not real. But today I play your game and see the world through your eyes.

Again I say, I don't want anyone to kill themselves or even hurt themselves! This is just seeing the world through your eyes. As some atheists say, they are doing the aborted fetus a favor, by this logic. So now I turn it around on them.

Thank you for your time.

This is one of the most illogical OP's I've read today. It demonstrates a complete lack of understanding worldviews of those who don't accept your irrational beliefs.

You mistakenly assume atheists prefer death over life; we do not. Now let me ask you a few questions.

Does not the idea of eternal peace in heaven satisfy you? The one taught by your religion? Heaven completely void of this life of struggle and survival? Do you not desire death often? In the Christian world view, it would appear that death is the only way to get to Heaven; ever lasting peace with no more worries or problems of any kind.

Not that I would want this for you, but I'm surprised your still here so often and have not pulled the plug on yourself yet. For this ever lasting peace in heaven; no more concerns about paying bills or large amounts of debt. Perhaps a murder is near by so no need to worry about those types of incidents. By your worldview anyways. By my worldview, this would end my life and I value life much more than non -life This way, my worldview is not contradicted but by your world view, it seems to be in conflict with your logic. Does not heaven seem to be a much better life than here on Earth?

Sure maybe your wife, kids, or family might miss you, but they also might end up stronger without you. Is this not worth it? They'll be sad at first but might become stronger and maybe even better than you. You're going to die one day right? Why not just speed up the process a little? Even find a way to do it quick and painless. Again not that I would want this for you especially by my world view.

See you theists always say, that you always have to pretend God is not real in order for us to understand God is real, But today I play your game and see the world through your eyes.

Again I say I don't want anyone to kill themselves or even hurt themselves this is just seeing the world through your eyes. And as many Theists have said during funerals, He's in a better place now" by this logic, so now I turn it around on them

Thank you for your time.

Ken
seeu46
Posts: 578
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/16/2015 5:44:29 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 9/15/2015 5:15:53 PM, dhardage wrote:
At 9/15/2015 4:58:27 PM, seeu46 wrote:
To the ones that say, God does not exist.

Does not the idea of eternal peace satisfy you. No not the ones taught by religion, as I refer to just being dead. Completely void of this life of struggle and survival. Do you not desire death often? In the atheist world view, it would appear that death is as close to as heaven as can be. Ever lasting peace with no more worries or problems of any kind.

Sorry, I happen to like my life, difficult and painful though it may be at times. I don't crave oblivion and it will come in its own time regardless of my desires.

Why not help it, speed up the process. No more difficulty or pain? What is wrong with this way of everlasting peace or the beautiful forever rest?

A wise man sees problems as challenges to overcome, struggles as opportunities.

True so think about it like this. This is the ultimate way to overcome all struggles and problems. It answers it all. Yes?

As a non-believer I don't waste time considering what happens after. I focus on this one time, this life I am so fortunate to have.

Then we have this in common but it sounds like a contradiction by your world view.


Not that I would want this for you, but I'm surprised, your still here so often and have not pulled the plug on your self yet.

That's possibly the most obnoxious thing you could possible say.

Just playing devils advocate. Take no offense, but if my words offend you. I'm sorry but it is what it is.


For this everlasting peace for yourself in your world view is in non existence. No more nagging friends or bothersome theists or perhaps cheating wife maybe girlfriend.

Could say the same for you. Go ahead, take a shortcut to heaven, amigo.

Nope. Covered below.


No more concerns about paying bills or large amounts of debt. Perhaps a murderer is near by, no need to worry about those types of incidents. By your world view anyways. By my world view, this would not be a good act and would doom my soul.

Awww, to bad. You can't go see Daddy until he decides.

Yup. I trust my Daddy. Who is your earth daddy that you trusted or earth mommy that you trusted or the one that raised you growing up. You trusted them. hah :)


This way, my world view is not contradicted. But by your world view, it seems to be in conflict with your logic.

How is survival not logical?

How is death not logical? Nothing wrong with death. Its natural and freedom from all. Unless you want to live 'forever'? Do you want to live forever??????


Does not your logic, surpass your primal primitive thoughts on survival?

Yep, It keeps me from killing many people whom I believe the world would be better off without, among other things.

Since the world is not better off. Maybe it is time to pull the plug? Freedom and liberty.


I guess not.

Sure maybe your wife, kids or family might miss you. But they also might end up stronger without you. Is this not worth it? They'll be sad at first but might become stronger and maybe even better then you. Your going to die one day, right? Why not just speed up the process a little? Even find a way to do it quick and painless. Again not that I would want this for you, especially by my world view.

See you atheists always say, that you always have to pretend that God is real, in order for us to understand God is not real. But today I play your game and see the world through your eyes.

You're still looking through your god glasses and pretending to be all solicitous and helpful when you're really being a jerk.

Sticks and stones.


Again I say, I don't want anyone to kill themselves or even hurt themselves! This is just seeing the world through your eyes. As some atheists say, they are doing the aborted fetus a favor, by this logic. So now I turn it around on them.

Good grief, you're an idiot.

You say. Anyways that's what they say and they are illogical.


Thank you for your time.

Good day, sir.

Thank you for your time.
RuvDraba
Posts: 6,033
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/16/2015 6:29:51 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 9/15/2015 4:58:27 PM, seeu46 wrote:
To the ones that say, God does not exist.
Does not the idea of eternal peace satisfy you. No not the ones taught by religion, as I refer to just being dead.

I think life worthwhile while-ever one has agency, dignity, and intellectual freedom, CU. That gives one the ability to live by one's values, pursue whatever one may understand good to be, acknowledge error and learn past ignorance.

I don't feel that any of that would be enhanced one whit by the metaphysical conjectures and empty promises of unctuous, ignorant men depending on my gullibility for their livelihood.

I don't think the character or the intelligence of the faithful are either.
bulproof
Posts: 25,288
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/16/2015 8:10:09 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 9/16/2015 5:44:29 AM, seeu46
The godbotherers have more reason to top themselves and their families, after all, it gets them all into the paradise they so fervently wish for.
As an atheist I enjoy my life, it takes someone of very limited intellect to suggest that I would be in favour of ending the only life any of us gets.
That is quite simply the domain of the "people" who really, really, really, really want to die so they won't be dead.
Yes that's right. it makes no sense whatsoever.
Impartial
Posts: 375
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/16/2015 11:36:55 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 9/15/2015 4:58:27 PM, seeu46 wrote:
To the ones that say, God does not exist.

No one says that with any real honesty. God might exist, but the likelihood is that it probably doesn't, for obvious reasons.

Does not the idea of eternal peace satisfy you. No not the ones taught by religion, as I refer to just being dead. Completely void of this life of struggle and survival. Do you not desire death often? In the atheist world view, it would appear that death is as close to as heaven as can be. Ever lasting peace with no more worries or problems of any kind.

Not that I would want this for you, but I'm surprised, your still here so often and have not pulled the plug on your self yet. For this everlasting peace for yourself in your world view is in non existence. No more nagging friends or bothersome theists or perhaps cheating wife maybe girlfriend. No more concerns about paying bills or large amounts of debt. Perhaps a murderer is near by, no need to worry about those types of incidents. By your world view anyways. By my world view, this would not be a good act and would doom my soul. This way, my world view is not contradicted. But by your world view, it seems to be in conflict with your logic. Does not your logic, surpass your primal primitive thoughts on survival? I guess not.

Sure maybe your wife, kids or family might miss you. But they also might end up stronger without you. Is this not worth it? They'll be sad at first but might become stronger and maybe even better then you. Your going to die one day, right? Why not just speed up the process a little? Even find a way to do it quick and painless. Again not that I would want this for you, especially by my world view.

See you atheists always say, that you always have to pretend that God is real, in order for us to understand God is not real. But today I play your game and see the world through your eyes.

Again I say, I don't want anyone to kill themselves or even hurt themselves! This is just seeing the world through your eyes. As some atheists say, they are doing the aborted fetus a favor, by this logic. So now I turn it around on them.

Thank you for your time.

To me, this life is all we have, that's why it's worth living in the best possible way! Make the most of it. Don't worry yourself thinking about what's next.

Anyway, I think I'd find ever lasting peace rather tedious.
To believe is to know nothing.
dhardage
Posts: 4,545
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/16/2015 1:48:40 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 9/16/2015 5:44:29 AM, seeu46 wrote:
At 9/15/2015 5:15:53 PM, dhardage wrote:
At 9/15/2015 4:58:27 PM, seeu46 wrote:
To the ones that say, God does not exist.

Does not the idea of eternal peace satisfy you. No not the ones taught by religion, as I refer to just being dead. Completely void of this life of struggle and survival. Do you not desire death often? In the atheist world view, it would appear that death is as close to as heaven as can be. Ever lasting peace with no more worries or problems of any kind.

Sorry, I happen to like my life, difficult and painful though it may be at times. I don't crave oblivion and it will come in its own time regardless of my desires.

Why not help it, speed up the process.

Do you not read what people write? I happen to like my life, why should I hurry to end it? That's insanity.

No more difficulty or pain? What is wrong with this way of everlasting peace or the beautiful forever rest?

A wise man sees problems as challenges to overcome, struggles as opportunities.

True so think about it like this. This is the ultimate way to overcome all struggles and problems. It answers it all. Yes?

No, it's a cop out. There are exceptions. People with incurable diseases, living in permanent, intense pain, those with terminal conditions that will rob them of their dignity as they progress. These people have the right to end it and it's not cowardice to do so.

As a non-believer I don't waste time considering what happens after. I focus on this one time, this life I am so fortunate to have.

Then we have this in common but it sounds like a contradiction by your world view.

Then you're not listening to what I say, just hearing what you want to hear.


Not that I would want this for you, but I'm surprised, your still here so often and have not pulled the plug on your self yet.

That's possibly the most obnoxious thing you could possible say.

Just playing devils advocate.

No, you're projecting things onto a group of people that have no justification.

Take no offense, but if my words offend you. I'm sorry but it is what it is.

Yes, but what it is is not what you claim it to be.


For this everlasting peace for yourself in your world view is in non existence. No more nagging friends or bothersome theists or perhaps cheating wife maybe girlfriend.

Could say the same for you. Go ahead, take a shortcut to heaven, amigo.

Nope. Covered below.


No more concerns about paying bills or large amounts of debt. Perhaps a murderer is near by, no need to worry about those types of incidents. By your world view anyways. By my world view, this would not be a good act and would doom my soul.

Awww, to bad. You can't go see Daddy until he decides.

Yup. I trust my Daddy. Who is your earth daddy that you trusted or earth mommy that you trusted or the one that raised you growing up. You trusted them. hah :)

They were there, visible, seen, heard, felt when they hugged me, showing their love in real and tangible ways. Yours is just words in an ancient book, copied and recopied, redacted, edited, and promulgated by a religion used by a failing empire to try to regain its former glory.



This way, my world view is not contradicted. But by your world view, it seems to be in conflict with your logic.

How is survival not logical?

How is death not logical?

It is, but that doesn't mean it's desirable.

Nothing wrong with death. Its natural and freedom from all. Unless you want to live 'forever'? Do you want to live forever??????

No, I leave that to those who want to go to heaven and 'glorify God, singing hosannas to his name' for eternity. Sounds like a horrible way to exist for all time.


Does not your logic, surpass your primal primitive thoughts on survival?

Yep, It keeps me from killing many people whom I believe the world would be better off without, among other things.

Since the world is not better off. Maybe it is time to pull the plug? Freedom and liberty.

Oblivion is not freedom or liberty. It's non-existence. You really need to improve on your comprehension.



I guess not.

Sure maybe your wife, kids or family might miss you. But they also might end up stronger without you. Is this not worth it? They'll be sad at first but might become stronger and maybe even better then you. Your going to die one day, right? Why not just speed up the process a little? Even find a way to do it quick and painless. Again not that I would want this for you, especially by my world view.

See you atheists always say, that you always have to pretend that God is real, in order for us to understand God is not real. But today I play your game and see the world through your eyes.

You're still looking through your god glasses and pretending to be all solicitous and helpful when you're really being a jerk.

Sticks and stones.

No, just clear observations. You're intentionally projecting a worldview onto a group that has no single world view. The only thing atheists have in common is that they do not believe that any god or gods exist and they reject theistic authority.


Again I say, I don't want anyone to kill themselves or even hurt themselves! This is just seeing the world through your eyes. As some atheists say, they are doing the aborted fetus a favor, by this logic. So now I turn it around on them.

Good grief, you're an idiot.

You say. Anyways that's what they say and they are illogical.

Please show me where any atheist has ever said aborting is doing the fetus a favor.


Thank you for your time.

Good day, sir.

Thank you for your time.
seeu46
Posts: 578
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/16/2015 2:29:16 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 9/16/2015 1:48:40 PM, dhardage wrote:
At 9/16/2015 5:44:29 AM, seeu46 wrote:
At 9/15/2015 5:15:53 PM, dhardage wrote:
At 9/15/2015 4:58:27 PM, seeu46 wrote:
To the ones that say, God does not exist.


deleted 4 space

Do you not read what people write? I happen to like my life, why should I hurry to end it? That's insanity.

To have eternal peace. Why is it insane?


No more difficulty or pain? What is wrong with this way of everlasting peace or the beautiful forever rest?

A wise man sees problems as challenges to overcome, struggles as opportunities.

True so think about it like this. This is the ultimate way to overcome all struggles and problems. It answers it all. Yes?

No, it's a cop out. There are exceptions. People with incurable diseases, living in permanent, intense pain, those with terminal conditions that will rob them of their dignity as they progress. These people have the right to end it and it's not cowardice to do so.

What if they want to live with there pain. But the ones that have to much debt in money want to pull the plug, as they are ready? What is wrong with that, with the atheist world view? To you it is cowardice this is your doctrine.... your teaching..... your bubble.


As a non-believer I don't waste time considering what happens after. I focus on this one time, this life I am so fortunate to have.

Then we have this in common but it sounds like a contradiction by your world view.

Then you're not listening to what I say, just hearing what you want to hear.

I'm understanding. It just seems you have no foundation to say this is wrong, in the atheist world view. Everything is permissible but not everything is beneficial.



Not that I would want this for you, but I'm surprised, your still here so often and have not pulled the plug on your self yet.

That's possibly the most obnoxious thing you could possible say.

Just playing devils advocate.

No, you're projecting things onto a group of people that have no justification.

Nope, I'm countering the atheists who use such logic. Shown way below.


Take no offense, but if my words offend you. I'm sorry but it is what it is.

Yes, but what it is is not what you claim it to be.

Wrong again.



For this everlasting peace for yourself in your world view is in non existence. No more nagging friends or bothersome theists or perhaps cheating wife maybe girlfriend.

Could say the same for you. Go ahead, take a shortcut to heaven, amigo.

Nope. Covered below.


No more concerns about paying bills or large amounts of debt. Perhaps a murderer is near by, no need to worry about those types of incidents. By your world view anyways. By my world view, this would not be a good act and would doom my soul.

Awww, to bad. You can't go see Daddy until he decides.

Yup. I trust my Daddy. Who is your earth daddy that you trusted or earth mommy that you trusted or the one that raised you growing up. You trusted them. hah :)

They were there, visible, seen, heard, felt when they hugged me, showing their love in real and tangible ways. Yours is just words in an ancient book, copied and recopied, redacted, edited, and promulgated by a religion used by a failing empire to try to regain its former glory.

And yet you trusted them and they could have killed you. You do realize people you trust can fail you or let you down?




This way, my world view is not contradicted. But by your world view, it seems to be in conflict with your logic.

How is survival not logical?

How is death not logical?

It is, but that doesn't mean it's desirable.

Exactly my point. But I'm sure there are some who do find it desirable from both sides.


Nothing wrong with death. Its natural and freedom from all. Unless you want to live 'forever'? Do you want to live forever??????

No, I leave that to those who want to go to heaven and 'glorify God, singing hosannas to his name' for eternity. Sounds like a horrible way to exist for all time.

You never know then. Maybe one day you'll be like I'm 100 years old I'm tired of work and death still has not taken me. It's time to go.......LOL



Does not your logic, surpass your primal primitive thoughts on survival?

Yep, It keeps me from killing many people whom I believe the world would be better off without, among other things.

Since the world is not better off. Maybe it is time to pull the plug? Freedom and liberty.

Oblivion is not freedom or liberty. It's non-existence. You really need to improve on your comprehension.

And yet you just gave examples on non cowardice acts of freedom from the pain, the crippled, etc etc. Maybe you need to improve your own comprehension, for to them it is "freedom"!

How you conveniently forget, when it does not suit you.




I guess not.

Sure maybe your wife, kids or family might miss you. But they also might end up stronger without you. Is this not worth it? They'll be sad at first but might become stronger and maybe even better then you. Your going to die one day, right? Why not just speed up the process a little? Even find a way to do it quick and painless. Again not that I would want this for you, especially by my world view.

See you atheists always say, that you always have to pretend that God is real, in order for us to understand God is not real. But today I play your game and see the world through your eyes.

You're still looking through your god glasses and pretending to be all solicitous and helpful when you're really being a jerk.

Sticks and stones.

No, just clear observations. You're intentionally projecting a worldview onto a group that has no single world view. The only thing atheists have in common is that they do not believe that any god or gods exist and they reject theistic authority.

That is your world view. It is your lenses and it is your faith. Crystal clear.



Again I say, I don't want anyone to kill themselves or even hurt themselves! This is just seeing the world through your eyes. As some atheists say, they are doing the aborted fetus a favor, by this logic. So now I turn it around on them.

Good grief, you're an idiot.

You say. Anyways that's what they say and they are illogical.

Please show me where any atheist has ever said aborting is doing the fetus a favor.

At 6/2/2015 12:28:23 PM, bulproof wrote:
The entire point of christianity is for your soul to reside in heavenly paradise when you die.
If you are an unrepentant sinner then this is not possible.
As an innocent unborn foetus you have no opportunity to sin and therefore have no need of repentance.
As a result of this situation any unborn foetus that dies is perfectly sinless and the prime candidate for entry to heaven. Each and everyone would automatically qualify and thus be welcomed into that heavenly paradise so sought after by the christians.
This then makes abortion the greatest gift that any foetus could possibly receive, even a foetus who's parents belong to a wrong religion, well especially them, since they will never be indoctrinated into a religion that automatically disbars them from heaven.
Given the overwhelming benefits afforded the foetus by abortion why are christians so opposed to it?
Is it because they feel the foetus is getting an unfair advantage and should be subject to all the trials and tribulations that the born are subject to? Is it just sour grapes.
Fly
Posts: 2,047
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/16/2015 2:53:09 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
Is it just me, or does the OP sound a lot like:

"Not that I would ever want this for you in my worldview, but why don't you guys with a different worldview from mine all go fvck yourselves?"
"You don't have a right to be a jerk."
--Religion Forum's hypocrite extraordinaire serving up lulz
dhardage
Posts: 4,545
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/16/2015 3:28:58 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
Do you not read what people write? I happen to like my life, why should I hurry to end it? That's insanity.

To have eternal peace. Why is it insane?

Eternal peace is not synonymous with oblivion. Again, work on comprehension.

No more difficulty or pain? What is wrong with this way of everlasting peace or the beautiful forever rest?

A wise man sees problems as challenges to overcome, struggles as opportunities.

True so think about it like this. This is the ultimate way to overcome all struggles and problems. It answers it all. Yes?

No, it's a cop out. There are exceptions. People with incurable diseases, living in permanent, intense pain, those with terminal conditions that will rob them of their dignity as they progress. These people have the right to end it and it's not cowardice to do so.

What if they want to live with there pain.

Again, their decision.

But the ones that have to much debt in money want to pull the plug, as they are ready?

That can be a hard time but it's not insoluble. False analogy.

What is wrong with that, with the atheist world view?

It's a waste of a life with potential.

To you it is cowardice this is your doctrine.... your teaching..... your bubble.

Yep

I'm understanding. It just seems you have no foundation to say this is wrong, in the atheist world view. Everything is permissible but not everything is beneficial.


Again, no such thing as an 'atheist world view'. Atheism is a stand on one subject, the existence of a god or gods. Every atheist has their own individual world view.

Not that I would want this for you, but I'm surprised, your still here so often and have not pulled the plug on your self yet.

That's possibly the most obnoxious thing you could possible say.

Just playing devils advocate.

No, you're projecting things onto a group of people that have no justification.

Nope, I'm countering the atheists who use such logic. Shown way below.


Take no offense, but if my words offend you. I'm sorry but it is what it is.

Yes, but what it is is not what you claim it to be.

Wrong again.



For this everlasting peace for yourself in your world view is in non existence. No more nagging friends or bothersome theists or perhaps cheating wife maybe girlfriend.

Could say the same for you. Go ahead, take a shortcut to heaven, amigo.

Nope. Covered below.

No more concerns about paying bills or large amounts of debt. Perhaps a murderer is near by, no need to worry about those types of incidents. By your world view anyways. By my world view, this would not be a good act and would doom my soul.

Awww, to bad. You can't go see Daddy until he decides.

Yup. I trust my Daddy. Who is your earth daddy that you trusted or earth mommy that you trusted or the one that raised you growing up. You trusted them. hah :)

They were there, visible, seen, heard, felt when they hugged me, showing their love in real and tangible ways. Yours is just words in an ancient book, copied and recopied, redacted, edited, and promulgated by a religion used by a failing empire to try to regain its former glory.

And yet you trusted them and they could have killed you. You do realize people you trust can fail you or let you down?

Yep, but at least I can find them and let them know they did so. That's life. How often have you prayed to your god for something you thought was important but he didn't let you have it?




This way, my world view is not contradicted. But by your world view, it seems to be in conflict with your logic.

How is survival not logical?

How is death not logical?

It is, but that doesn't mean it's desirable.

Exactly my point. But I'm sure there are some who do find it desirable from both sides.


You never know then. Maybe one day you'll be like I'm 100 years old I'm tired of work and death still has not taken me. It's time to go.......LOL

Could be. I have a chronic back injury that keeps me in constant pain. I can't take enough medication to make it stop or I can't work. I might eventually decide it's time to go. If and when I do, it will be on my own terms. Any other idiotic statements you want to make?



Does not your logic, surpass your primal primitive thoughts on survival?

Yep, It keeps me from killing many people whom I believe the world would be better off without, among other things.

Since the world is not better off. Maybe it is time to pull the plug? Freedom and liberty.

Oblivion is not freedom or liberty. It's non-existence. You really need to improve on your comprehension.

And yet you just gave examples on non cowardice acts of freedom from the pain, the crippled, etc etc. Maybe you need to improve your own comprehension, for to them it is "freedom"!

For them its relief. I know first hand as noted above. Don't talk about something you don't even begin to understand.,

How you conveniently forget, when it does not suit you.

See you atheists always say, that you always have to pretend that God is real, in order for us to understand God is not real. But today I play your game and see the world through your eyes.

You're still looking through your god glasses and pretending to be all solicitous and helpful when you're really being a jerk.

Sticks and stones.

No, just clear observations. You're intentionally projecting a worldview onto a group that has no single world view. The only thing atheists have in common is that they do not believe that any god or gods exist and they reject theistic authority.

That is your world view. It is your lenses and it is your faith. Crystal clear.

Again I say, I don't want anyone to kill themselves or even hurt themselves! This is just seeing the world through your eyes. As some atheists say, they are doing the aborted fetus a favor, by this logic. So now I turn it around on them.

Good grief, you're an idiot.

You say. Anyways that's what they say and they are illogical.

Please show me where any atheist has ever said aborting is doing the fetus a favor.


At 6/2/2015 12:28:23 PM, bulproof wrote:
The entire point of christianity is for your soul to reside in heavenly paradise when you die.
If you are an unrepentant sinner then this is not possible.
As an innocent unborn foetus you have no opportunity to sin and therefore have no need of repentance.
As a result of this situation any unborn foetus that dies is perfectly sinless and the prime candidate for entry to heaven. Each and everyone would automatically qualify and thus be welcomed into that heavenly paradise so sought after by the christians.
This then makes abortion the greatest gift that any foetus could possibly receive, even a foetus who's parents belong to a wrong religion, well especially them, since they will never be indoctrinated into a religion that automatically disbars them from heaven.
Given the overwhelming benefits afforded the foetus by abortion why are christians so opposed to it?

You don't recognize sarcasm when you hear it. I've no more time to waste on you so have a good day, sir.
Harikrish
Posts: 11,010
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/16/2015 3:40:44 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 9/16/2015 3:28:58 PM, dhardage wrote:
Do you not read what people write? I happen to like my life, why should I hurry to end it? That's insanity.


Eternal peace is not synonymous with oblivion. Again, work on comprehension.

No more difficulty or pain? What is wrong with this way of everlasting peace or the beautiful forever rest?

A wise man sees problems as challenges to overcome, struggles as opportunities.

True so think about it like this. This is the ultimate way to overcome all struggles and problems. It answers it all. Yes?

No, it's a cop out. There are exceptions. People with incurable diseases, living in permanent, intense pain, those with terminal conditions that will rob them of their dignity as they progress. These people have the right to end it and it's not cowardice to do so.

What if they want to live with there pain.


But the ones that have to much debt in money want to pull the plug, as they are ready?

That can be a hard time but it's not insoluble. False analogy.

What is wrong with that, with the atheist world view?

It's a waste of a life with potential.

To you it is cowardice this is your doctrine.... your teaching..... your bubble.

Yep

I'm understanding. It just seems you have no foundation to say this is wrong, in the atheist world view. Everything is permissible but not everything is beneficial.


Again, no such thing as an 'atheist world view'. Atheism is a stand on one subject, the existence of a god or gods. Every atheist has their own individual world view.

Not that I would want this for you, but I'm surprised, your still here so often and have not pulled the plug on your self yet.

That's possibly the most obnoxious thing you could possible say.

Just playing devils advocate.

No, you're projecting things onto a group of people that have no justification.

Nope, I'm countering the atheists who use such logic. Shown way below.


Take no offense, but if my words offend you. I'm sorry but it is what it is.

Yes, but what it is is not what you claim it to be.

Wrong again.



For this everlasting peace for yourself in your world view is in non existence. No more nagging friends or bothersome theists or perhaps cheating wife maybe girlfriend.

Could say the same for you. Go ahead, take a shortcut to heaven, amigo.

Nope. Covered below.

No more concerns about paying bills or large amounts of debt. Perhaps a murderer is near by, no need to worry about those types of incidents. By your world view anyways. By my world view, this would not be a good act and would doom my soul.

Awww, to bad. You can't go see Daddy until he decides.

Yup. I trust my Daddy. Who is your earth daddy that you trusted or earth mommy that you trusted or the one that raised you growing up. You trusted them. hah :)

They were there, visible, seen, heard, felt when they hugged me, showing their love in real and tangible ways. Yours is just words in an ancient book, copied and recopied, redacted, edited, and promulgated by a religion used by a failing empire to try to regain its former glory.

And yet you trusted them and they could have killed you. You do realize people you trust can fail you or let you down?

Yep, but at least I can find them and let them know they did so. That's life. How often have you prayed to your god for something you thought was important but he didn't let you have it?




This way, my world view is not contradicted. But by your world view, it seems to be in conflict with your logic.

How is survival not logical?

How is death not logical?

It is, but that doesn't mean it's desirable.

Exactly my point. But I'm sure there are some who do find it desirable from both sides.


You never know then. Maybe one day you'll be like I'm 100 years old I'm tired of work and death still has not taken me. It's time to go.......LOL

Could be. I have a chronic back injury that keeps me in constant pain. I can't take enough medication to make it stop or I can't work. I might eventually decide it's time to go. If and when I do, it will be on my own terms. Any other idiotic statements you want to make?



Does not your logic, surpass your primal primitive thoughts on survival?

Yep, It keeps me from killing many people whom I believe the world would be better off without, among other things.

Since the world is not better off. Maybe it is time to pull the plug? Freedom and liberty.

Oblivion is not freedom or liberty. It's non-existence. You really need to improve on your comprehension.

And yet you just gave examples on non cowardice acts of freedom from the pain, the crippled, etc etc. Maybe you need to improve your own comprehension, for to them it is "freedom"!

For them its relief. I know first hand as noted above. Don't talk about something you don't even begin to understand.,

How you conveniently forget, when it does not suit you.

See you atheists always say, that you always have to pretend that God is real, in order for us to understand God is not real. But today I play your game and see the world through your eyes.

You're still looking through your god glasses and pretending to be all solicitous and helpful when you're really being a jerk.

Sticks and stones.

No, just clear observations. You're intentionally projecting a worldview onto a group that has no single world view. The only thing atheists have in common is that they do not believe that any god or gods exist and they reject theistic authority.

That is your world view. It is your lenses and it is your faith. Crystal clear.

Again I say, I don't want anyone to kill themselves or even hurt themselves! This is just seeing the world through your eyes. As some atheists say, they are doing the aborted fetus a favor, by this logic. So now I turn it around on them.

Good grief, you're an idiot.

You say. Anyways that's what they say and they are illogical.

Please show me where any atheist has ever said aborting is doing the fetus a favor.


At 6/2/2015 12:28:23 PM, bulproof wrote:
The entire point of christianity is for your soul to reside in heavenly paradise when you die.
If you are an unrepentant sinner then this is not possible.
As an innocent unborn foetus you have no opportunity to sin and therefore have no need of repentance.
As a result of this situation any unborn foetus that dies is perfectly sinless and the prime candidate for entry to heaven. Each and everyone would automatically qualify and thus be welcomed into that heavenly paradise so sought after by the christians.
This then makes abortion the greatest gift that any foetus could possibly receive, even a foetus who's parents belong to a wrong religion, well especially them, since they will never be indoctrinated into a religion that automatically disbars them from heaven.
Given the overwhelming benefits afforded the foetus by abortion why are christians so opposed to it?

You don't recognize sarcasm when you hear it. I've no more time to waste on you so have a good day, sir.

Even your sarcasms fail. Why can't you do anything right? Get help!
dhardage
Posts: 4,545
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/16/2015 3:44:33 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
Not my sarcasm, Hari. Why don't you go back to your playpen where you will be safe and cared for by your invisible, undetectable, indefensible mythical sky father?
Harikrish
Posts: 11,010
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/16/2015 3:58:41 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 9/16/2015 3:44:33 PM, dhardage wrote:
Not my sarcasm, Hari. Why don't you go back to your playpen where you will be safe and cared for by your invisible, undetectable, indefensible mythical sky father?

Another failed attempt at sarcasm. Do you ever learn? Get help!!!
bulproof
Posts: 25,288
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/16/2015 5:41:12 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 9/16/2015 3:58:41 PM, Harikrish wrote:
At 9/16/2015 3:44:33 PM, dhardage wrote:
Not my sarcasm, Hari. Why don't you go back to your playpen where you will be safe and cared for by your invisible, undetectable, indefensible mythical sky father?

Another failed attempt at sarcasm. Do you ever learn? Get help!!!

Hey Hari, I noticed this transformation to POE whilst I had my holiday, when do you think you'll give it up?
Hey I'm enjoying it more than most, but really? LOL
seeu46
Posts: 578
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/17/2015 4:51:39 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 9/16/2015 3:28:58 PM, dhardage wrote:


Eternal peace is not synonymous with oblivion. Again, work on comprehension.

You say. But it is you, who does not understand my atheist brother. Go ahead and correct me, on calling you brother.


No more difficulty or pain? What is wrong with this way of everlasting peace or the beautiful forever rest?

A wise man sees problems as challenges to overcome, struggles as opportunities.

True so think about it like this. This is the ultimate way to overcome all struggles and problems. It answers it all. Yes?

No, it's a cop out. There are exceptions. People with incurable diseases, living in permanent, intense pain, those with terminal conditions that will rob them of their dignity as they progress. These people have the right to end it and it's not cowardice to do so.

What if they want to live with there pain.

Again, their decision.

They be tough cookies.


But the ones that have to much debt in money want to pull the plug, as they are ready?

That can be a hard time but it's not insoluble. False analogy.


It's a waste of a life with potential.

To you it is cowardice this is your doctrine.... your teaching..... your bubble.

Yep
Again, no such thing as an 'atheist world view'. Atheism is a stand on one subject, the existence of a god or gods. Every atheist has their own individual world view.

Same for Christians. Some are for death penalty, some are not for death penalty etc etc. Our common ground is God and following Jesus. Your common ground, as you put it so well, "They do not believe that any god or gods exist and they reject theistic authority. "

Though we have more common denominators, determined on how we analyze it, from our own individual world view.


Not that I would want this for you, but I'm surprised, your still here so often and have not pulled the plug on your self yet.

That's possibly the most obnoxious thing you could possible say.

Just playing devils advocate.

No, you're projecting things onto a group of people that have no justification.

Nope, I'm countering the atheists who use such logic. Shown way below.


Take no offense, but if my words offend you. I'm sorry but it is what it is.

Yes, but what it is is not what you claim it to be.

Wrong again.



For this everlasting peace for yourself in your world view is in non existence. No more nagging friends or bothersome theists or perhaps cheating wife maybe girlfriend.

Could say the same for you. Go ahead, take a shortcut to heaven, amigo.

Nope. Covered below.

No more concerns about paying bills or large amounts of debt. Perhaps a murderer is near by, no need to worry about those types of incidents. By your world view anyways. By my world view, this would not be a good act and would doom my soul.

Awww, to bad. You can't go see Daddy until he decides.

Yup. I trust my Daddy. Who is your earth daddy that you trusted or earth mommy that you trusted or the one that raised you growing up. You trusted them. hah :)

They were there, visible, seen, heard, felt when they hugged me, showing their love in real and tangible ways. Yours is just words in an ancient book, copied and recopied, redacted, edited, and promulgated by a religion used by a failing empire to try to regain its former glory.
Yep, but at least I can find them and let them know they did so. That's life. How often have you prayed to your god for something you thought was important but he didn't let you have it?

Indeed. I guess my parents and my God have much in common then. God is just the "Ultimate" parent for me and a friend :)(like my parents at times....LOL)





This way, my world view is not contradicted. But by your world view, it seems to be in conflict with your logic.

How is death not logical?

It is, but that doesn't mean it's desirable.
Could be. I have a chronic back injury that keeps me in constant pain. I can't take enough medication to make it stop or I can't work. I might eventually decide it's time to go. If and when I do, it will be on my own terms. Any other idiotic statements you want to make?

Sure if you are honest about this, it means the world to me. Lord Jesus I ask of you, to heal this mans back, put the Holy Spirit on it. In Jesus name amen.




Does not your logic, surpass your primal primitive thoughts on survival?

Yep, It keeps me from killing many people whom I believe the world would be better off without, among other things.

Since the world is not better off. Maybe it is time to pull the plug? Freedom and liberty.

For them its relief. I know first hand as noted above. Don't talk about something you don't even begin to understand.,

Relief doesn't take away the pain, it just eases the mind, that the pain will soon be over. The being dead part, now that takes away the pain 'completely'. Thus freedom in death. I believe it is you who does not understand.


How you conveniently forget, when it does not suit you.

See you atheists always say, that you always have to pretend that God is real, in order for us to understand God is not real. But today I play your game and see the world through your eyes.

You're still looking through your god glasses and pretending to be all solicitous and helpful when you're really being a jerk.

Sticks and stones.

No, just clear observations. You're intentionally projecting a worldview onto a group that has no single world view. The only thing atheists have in common is that they do not believe that any god or gods exist and they reject theistic authority.

That is your world view. It is your lenses and it is your faith. Crystal clear.

Again I say, I don't want anyone to kill themselves or even hurt themselves! This is just seeing the world through your eyes. As some atheists say, they are doing the aborted fetus a favor, by this logic. So now I turn it around on them.

Good grief, you're an idiot.



At 6/2/2015 12:28:23 PM, bulproof wrote:
The entire point of christianity is for your soul to reside in heavenly paradise when you die.
If you are an unrepentant sinner then this is not possible.
As an innocent unborn foetus you have no opportunity to sin and therefore have no need of repentance.
As a result of this situation any unborn foetus that dies is perfectly sinless and the prime candidate for entry to heaven. Each and everyone would automatically qualify and thus be welcomed into that heavenly paradise so sought after by the christians.
This then makes abortion the greatest gift that any foetus could possibly receive, even a foetus who's parents belong to a wrong religion, well especially them, since they will never be indoctrinated into a religion that automatically disbars them from heaven.
Given the overwhelming benefits afforded the foetus by abortion why are christians so opposed to it?

You don't recognize sarcasm when you hear it. I've no more time to waste on you so have a good day, sir.

Excuses. Atheist poster bulproof was defending it with troll style. I use his 'style' to show how wrong it is. That is on you, if you don't want to waste time on me. But I will waste time on you.
Thank you for your time.
Skepticalone
Posts: 6,131
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/17/2015 5:01:30 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 9/16/2015 2:53:09 PM, Fly wrote:
Is it just me, or does the OP sound a lot like:

"Not that I would ever want this for you in my worldview, but why don't you guys with a different worldview from mine all go fvck yourselves?"

Yep, pretty much.
This thread is like eavesdropping on a conversation in a mental asylum. - Bulproof

You can call your invisible friends whatever you like. - Desmac

What the hell kind of coked up sideshow has this thread turned into. - Casten
seeu46
Posts: 578
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/17/2015 5:21:33 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 9/17/2015 4:51:39 AM, seeu46 wrote:
At 9/16/2015 3:28:58 PM, dhardage wrote:


You don't recognize sarcasm when you hear it. I've no more time to waste on you so have a good day, sir.

Excuses. Atheist poster bulproof was defending it with troll style.

Also here's link to that thread.
http://www.debate.org...
bulproof
Posts: 25,288
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/17/2015 6:04:35 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 9/17/2015 4:51:39 AM, seeu46 wrote:

Excuses. Atheist poster bulproof was defending it with troll style.

Thanks for the link, now point out any trolling I did in that thread. Your fear of your own beliefs don't count.
Skepsikyma
Posts: 8,286
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/17/2015 10:00:54 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 9/15/2015 4:58:27 PM, seeu46 wrote:
To the ones that say, God does not exist.

Does not the idea of eternal peace satisfy you. No not the ones taught by religion, as I refer to just being dead. Completely void of this life of struggle and survival. Do you not desire death often? In the atheist world view, it would appear that death is as close to as heaven as can be. Ever lasting peace with no more worries or problems of any kind.

Not that I would want this for you, but I'm surprised, your still here so often and have not pulled the plug on your self yet. For this everlasting peace for yourself in your world view is in non existence. No more nagging friends or bothersome theists or perhaps cheating wife maybe girlfriend. No more concerns about paying bills or large amounts of debt. Perhaps a murderer is near by, no need to worry about those types of incidents. By your world view anyways. By my world view, this would not be a good act and would doom my soul. This way, my world view is not contradicted. But by your world view, it seems to be in conflict with your logic. Does not your logic, surpass your primal primitive thoughts on survival? I guess not.

Life is interesting. Death is null. It's not peace or a repose, it's an end, an extinction. That's why I'm still alive. If life ends up not being interesting anymore, then I think that suicide can be a rational option, but I don't see that point coming anytime soon. None of the things that you mentioned really seem terrible at all to me. Suffering, trauma, and stress are all a part of life. An interesting part, an inevitable part, and a part which can foster self-reflection and from which we can glean some degree of self-improvement.
"The Collectivist experiment is thoroughly suited (in appearance at least) to the Capitalist society which it proposes to replace. It works with the existing machinery of Capitalism, talks and thinks in the existing terms of Capitalism, appeals to just those appetites which Capitalism has aroused, and ridicules as fantastic and unheard-of just those things in society the memory of which Capitalism has killed among men wherever the blight of it has spread."
- Hilaire Belloc -