Jump to topic:

Heaven

bulproof
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/16/2015 3:06:16 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
When you get to heaven you will have no more pain, no sorrow, you will be ecstatically happy to be with the loved ones that were so close to you in this life.
In this scenario your daughter is suffering in hell for eternity and you are very aware of that. How can you be ecstatically happy knowing that your daughter is suffering torture for eternity?
Harikrish
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/16/2015 3:30:46 PM
At 9/16/2015 3:06:16 PM, bulproof wrote:
When you get to heaven you will have no more pain, no sorrow, you will be ecstatically happy to be with the loved ones that were so close to you in this life.
In this scenario your daughter is suffering in hell for eternity and you are very aware of that. How can you be ecstatically happy knowing that your daughter is suffering torture for eternity?

If she was a hell unto them on earth, then heaven will be a well deserved rest from their daughter.
johnlubba
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/16/2015 3:38:32 PM

That's why I believe the interpretations of an eternal punishment is wrong and instead a correctional punishment makes more sense.
bulproof
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/16/2015 3:59:39 PM
At 9/16/2015 3:30:46 PM, Harikrish wrote:

If she was a hell unto them on earth, then heaven will be a well deserved rest from their daughter.

Only YOU came up with that nonsense. You need far more self examination than many on here.
bulproof
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/16/2015 4:02:05 PM
At 9/16/2015 3:38:32 PM, johnlubba wrote:

That's why I believe the interpretations of an eternal punishment is wrong and instead a correctional punishment makes more sense.

Yes! You need to ignore the parts of the bible that frighten you and just pretend that they don't exist.
Ya gotta love godbotherers and their self deception.
FaustianJustice
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/16/2015 4:09:03 PM
I would think the concept of heaven would cheapen living.

What is the point of the experiences here if there is some variety of perpetual eternity afterwards?
Here we have an advocate for Islamic arranged marriages demonstrating that children can consent to sex.
http://www.debate.org...
johnlubba
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/16/2015 4:18:50 PM
At 9/16/2015 4:02:05 PM, bulproof wrote:

Yes! You need to ignore the parts of the bible that frighten you and just pretend that they don't exist.

I think you mean interpretations of the bible, Where there are contentions to the original meaning of the original texts.

If this wasn't the case then you may have a point, but as it is the case, I think the interpretations of an eternal punishment are wrong and instead a correctional punishment makes more sense.
Harikrish
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/16/2015 4:18:52 PM
At 9/16/2015 3:59:39 PM, bulproof wrote:

Only YOU came up with that nonsense. You need far more self examination than many on here.

And you are the only one getting banned. Irony of ironies.
johnlubba
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/16/2015 4:21:15 PM
At 9/16/2015 4:09:03 PM, FaustianJustice wrote:

What is the point of the experiences here if there is some variety of perpetual eternity afterwards?

The point of the experiences here are to forge our character. And an eternal life on earth would be a type of hell.
bulproof
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/16/2015 4:21:57 PM
At 9/16/2015 4:18:50 PM, johnlubba wrote:

I think you mean interpretations of the bible, Where there are contentions to the original meaning of the original texts.

If this wasn't the case then you may have a point, but as it is the case, I think the interpretations of an eternal punishment are wrong and instead a correctional punishment makes more sense.

So your all powerful, all knowing god can't figure out what his message is?
Are you or him for REAL?
bulproof
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/16/2015 4:22:51 PM
At 9/16/2015 4:21:15 PM, johnlubba wrote:

The point of the experiences here are to forge our character. And an eternal life on earth would be a type of hell.

What would be heaven?
FaustianJustice
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/16/2015 4:23:03 PM

Forge it for what? That is like saying firing a pop gun a few times turns us into a marksman, you are weighing a few paltry years against eternity. An eternal life any where would turn into a type of Hell. I am reminded of the Q Continuum... "Oh, we've ALL been the scare crow..."
Here we have an advocate for Islamic arranged marriages demonstrating that children can consent to sex.
http://www.debate.org...
ClashnBoom
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/16/2015 4:24:12 PM

Was she a good daughter?

You don't do anything. God will explain why.
I will change my sig weekly. Week 4.

Fun fact of the week
Clumsy alien Jar Jar Binks was introduced in The Phantom Menace for comic relief, but he was initially a two-faced mercenary who was to betray Qui-Gon Jinn, a Jedi Master played by Liam Neeson.

Joke of the week:
Nerd 1: "Why can't you trust atoms?"
Nerd 2: : "Cause they make everything up!"
bulproof
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/16/2015 4:24:51 PM
At 9/16/2015 4:18:52 PM, Harikrish wrote:
At 9/16/2015 3:59:39 PM, bulproof wrote:

And you are the only one getting banned. Irony of ironies.

Oh dear me. It's true that septics don't get irony.
Off ya go now, tell mummy she's calling you. LOL
johnlubba
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/16/2015 4:26:46 PM
At 9/16/2015 4:23:03 PM, FaustianJustice wrote:

Forge it for what?

To prove you have either a good or bad character.

That is like saying firing a pop gun a few times turns us into a marksman,

No, But enough practice should make perfect

you are weighing a few paltry years against eternity. An eternal life any where would turn into a type of Hell. I am reminded of the Q Continuum...

Not necessarily, Earth is a limited place whereas heaven could be a place of perpetual knowledge and bliss.

"Oh, we've ALL been the scare crow..."
johnlubba
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/16/2015 4:27:38 PM
At 9/16/2015 4:22:51 PM, bulproof wrote:

What would be heaven?

A place of knowledge and bliss.
bulproof
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/16/2015 4:28:20 PM
At 9/16/2015 4:24:12 PM, ClashnBoom wrote:

Was she a good daughter?

Do good daughters go to fekkin' HELL?
What is it with you people?
If your daughter is "bad", whatever that means, do you stop loving her?
Do you have even the slightest concept of what love is?
Or do you think it includes infanticide like your god does?
bulproof
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/16/2015 4:32:08 PM
At 9/16/2015 4:27:38 PM, johnlubba wrote:

What would be heaven?

Knowledge of what?
Knowledge of your loved ones being tortured for eternity?
You would be in bliss knowing that?
You are completely unaware of what love is.
That's not surprising since you consider that total LOVE incorporates GENOCIDE and INFANTICIDE.
Sick puppies aren't you?
johnlubba
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/16/2015 4:32:19 PM
At 9/16/2015 4:21:57 PM, bulproof wrote:
At 9/16/2015 4:18:50 PM, johnlubba wrote:

So your all powerful, all knowing god can't figure out what his message is?
Are you or him for REAL?

Actually it's us who need to figure it out.

If, as you say, some people are eternally punished then that would be ridiculous of an all powerful God, and I would not want to worship that God, But if it is a God who's punishment is correctional and out of good for us, then I can respect that.
ClashnBoom
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/16/2015 4:32:47 PM
At 9/16/2015 4:28:20 PM, bulproof wrote:

Was she a good daughter?

Yes they frikkin do. Atheist daughters go to Hell. Daughters only good to you could go to hell. Daughters who became bad after you died could go to hell. It all depends.

No. I have to idea only one person knows what love is God. We are biologically limited he is not.
If a girl was bad and she went to Hell I'd feel horrible but would understand.

Fun fact of the week
Clumsy alien Jar Jar Binks was introduced in The Phantom Menace for comic relief, but he was initially a two-faced mercenary who was to betray Qui-Gon Jinn, a Jedi Master played by Liam Neeson.

Joke of the week:
johnlubba
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/16/2015 4:33:40 PM
At 9/16/2015 4:32:08 PM, bulproof wrote:

What would be heaven?

Knowledge of what?
That's not surprising since you consider that total LOVE incorporates GENOCIDE and INFANTICIDE.
Sick puppies aren't you?

As I don't subscribe to the beliefs you are accusing me of, I can take them with a pinch of salt.
bulproof
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/16/2015 4:36:42 PM
At 9/16/2015 4:33:40 PM, johnlubba wrote:
At 9/16/2015 4:32:08 PM, bulproof wrote:

What would be heaven?

Knowledge of what?
Sick puppies aren't you?

As I don't subscribe to the beliefs you are accusing me of, I can take them with a pinch of salt.

What beliefs are those?
Heaven?
The pathetic godbotherers need to incessantly alter their story, simply because their story is shite and they can't ever defend it.
bulproof
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/16/2015 4:37:42 PM
To put this thraed back on track. TRY THIS

In this scenario your daughter is suffering in hell for eternity and you are very aware of that. How can you be ecstatically happy knowing that your daughter is suffering torture for eternity
bulproof
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/16/2015 4:43:45 PM
The question is:
How can you be ecstatically happy in heaven knowing that your daughter is suffering torture for ETERNITY (a long time apparently)?
Are you forced by your god to not love your daughter?
Or are you so selfish that you do no longer care about her?
Do you know what love is?
bulproof
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/16/2015 4:47:58 PM
At 9/16/2015 4:32:47 PM, ClashnBoom wrote:
At 9/16/2015 4:28:20 PM, bulproof wrote:

Was she a good daughter?

Yes they frikkin do. Atheist daughters go to Hell. Daughters only good to you could go to hell. Daughters who became bad after you died could go to hell. It all depends.

No. I have to idea only one person knows what love is God. We are biologically limited he is not.
If a girl was bad and she went to Hell I'd feel horrible but would understand.

Come back when you've grown up and had children and even maybe grandchildren.
You are a child of little to no knowledge, you are in no position to discuss the love of a child.
Off ya go now, tell mummy she wants ya.
ClashnBoom
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/16/2015 4:49:54 PM
At 9/16/2015 4:43:45 PM, bulproof wrote:
The question is:
How can you be ecstatically happy in heaven knowing that your daughter is suffering torture for ETERNITY (a long time apparently)? There are few verses that talk about heaven actually (which I find very weird) so we don't know what's there.
Are you forced by your god to not love your daughter? No. You can still love her. It's technically your fault for not teaching her right.
Or are you so selfish that you do no longer care about her? No. I'll still care but what's done is done.
Do you know what love is? No. I don't know why God had to give his only son to get tortured instead of just forgiving us but he does and that's love.

Fun fact of the week

Joke of the week:
bulproof
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/16/2015 4:53:45 PM
At 9/16/2015 4:32:47 PM, ClashnBoom
My question to the above was:
His godbothering reply was this:
Yes they frikkin do

Doesn't this guy have a GREAT GOD? lolololololololol
bulproof
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/16/2015 4:55:04 PM
At 9/16/2015 4:49:54 PM, ClashnBoom wrote:
The question is:
How can you be ecstatically happy in heaven knowing that your daughter is suffering torture for ETERNITY (a long time apparently)? There are few verses that talk about heaven actually (which I find very weird) so we don't know what's there.
Are you forced by your god to not love your daughter? No. You can still love her. It's technically your fault for not teaching her right.
Or are you so selfish that you do no longer care about her? No. I'll still care but what's done is done.
Do you know what love is? No. I don't know why God had to give his only son to get tortured instead of just forgiving us but he does and that's love.
Edit your post to make it coherent.
ClashnBoom
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/16/2015 4:57:10 PM
At 9/16/2015 4:49:54 PM, ClashnBoom wrote:
The question is:
How can you be ecstatically happy in heaven knowing that your daughter is suffering torture for ETERNITY (a long time apparently)?
There are few verses that talk about heaven actually (which I find very weird) so we don't know what's there.
Are you forced by your god to not love your daughter?
No. You can still love her. It's technically your fault for not teaching her right.
Or are you so selfish that you do no longer care about her?
No. I'll still care but what's done is done.
Do you know what love is?
No. I don't know why God had to give his only son to get tortured instead of just forgiving us but he does and that's love.

Fun fact of the week

Joke of the week:
ClashnBoom
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/16/2015 4:58:50 PM
At 9/16/2015 4:53:45 PM, bulproof wrote:
At 9/16/2015 4:32:47 PM, ClashnBoom
My question to the above was:
His godbothering reply was this:
Yes they frikkin do

Doesn't this guy have a GREAT GOD? lolololololololol

Dude. You cut my complete response.
Why do you care anyways being a good atheist will land you no where if your right.

Fun fact of the week

Joke of the week: