Jump to topic:

If u found out this was a matrix?

IntellectVsSpirit5000
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/17/2015 3:28:41 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
If you found out that our reality was a simulated virtual reality or a Matrix, how would this change your life or beliefs if at all?
Skepticalone
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/17/2015 3:36:35 AM
At 9/17/2015 3:28:41 AM, IntellectVsSpirit5000 wrote:
If you found out that our reality was a simulated virtual reality or a Matrix, how would this change your life or beliefs if at all?

I would choose the red pill (reality), and then re-evaluate.
This thread is like eavesdropping on a conversation in a mental asylum. - Bulproof

You can call your invisible friends whatever you like. - Desmac

What the hell kind of coked up sideshow has this thread turned into. - Casten
drpiek
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/17/2015 4:02:26 AM

If I knew 100% for sure it was VR i would take the red pill, i would never take the blue pill, there is no benefit. Even in this situation my view of God would not change.
GrittyWorm
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/17/2015 2:45:19 AM
If you found out that our reality was a simulated virtual reality or a Matrix, how would this change your life or beliefs if at all

Electrons respond as if it were a matrix. It makes reasonable sense.
lotsoffun
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/17/2015 3:52:59 AM

20 years ago I was introduced to the concept that life on earth is an illusion. It took many years of searching to understand. Despite the prevailing theme on this forum that there are only the religious and the atheists, there is a massive movement away from religion to spirituality (people can actually think, feel and discern for themselves). In this progressive movement, there is an understanding that we are spiritual beings who incarnate into human form. We are all aspects of God. In all of us resides a part of the creator. We are co creators. The earth is a school where we come to advance on our journey back to our source, the Creator. So, since this is not our true reality, it must be an illusion. It is an illusion. Only a part of ourselves is here in human form. The rest is in other realms and dimensions. I would actually expect atheists to understand this more than people who follow a religion and are used to being told what to believe.
new_yorker
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/17/2015 4:13:46 AM
At 10/17/2015 3:52:59 AM, lotsoffun wrote:

20 years ago I was introduced to the concept that life on earth is an illusion. It took many years of searching to understand. Despite the prevailing theme on this forum that there are only the religious and the atheists, there is a massive movement away from religion to spirituality (people can actually think, feel and discern for themselves). In this progressive movement, there is an understanding that we are spiritual beings who incarnate into human form. We are all aspects of God. In all of us resides a part of the creator. We are co creators. The earth is a school where we come to advance on our journey back to our source, the Creator. So, since this is not our true reality, it must be an illusion. It is an illusion. Only a part of ourselves is here in human form. The rest is in other realms and dimensions. I would actually expect atheists to understand this more than people who follow a religion and are used to being told what to believe. : :

Our Creator's thoughts are what's important. All the rest is an illusion.
lotsoffun
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/17/2015 4:26:51 AM
At 10/17/2015 4:13:46 AM, new_yorker wrote:

20 years ago I was introduced to the concept that life on earth is an illusion. It took many years of searching to understand. Despite the prevailing theme on this forum that there are only the religious and the atheists, there is a massive movement away from religion to spirituality (people can actually think, feel and discern for themselves). In this progressive movement, there is an understanding that we are spiritual beings who incarnate into human form. We are all aspects of God. In all of us resides a part of the creator. We are co creators. The earth is a school where we come to advance on our journey back to our source, the Creator. So, since this is not our true reality, it must be an illusion. It is an illusion. Only a part of ourselves is here in human form. The rest is in other realms and dimensions. I would actually expect atheists to understand this more than people who follow a religion and are used to being told what to believe. : :

That begs the question. "are our thoughts our own"? I think higher thoughts come from the creator but lower thoughts come from all the dark forces surrounding us when we are on this physical plane. We must always try to control our thoughts because they are the starting point of creating something
new_yorker
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/17/2015 4:43:41 AM
At 10/17/2015 4:26:51 AM, lotsoffun wrote:

That begs the question. "are our thoughts our own"? I think higher thoughts come from the creator but lower thoughts come from all the dark forces surrounding us when we are on this physical plane. We must always try to control our thoughts because they are the starting point of creating something : :

What do you make of these biblical scriptures;

Psalm 94
7: and they say, "The LORD does not see; the God of Jacob does not perceive."
8: Understand, O dullest of the people! Fools, when will you be wise?
9: He who planted the ear, does he not hear? He who formed the eye, does he not see?
10: He who chastens the nations, does he not chastise? He who teaches men knowledge,
11: the LORD, knows the thoughts of man, that they are but a breath.

Genesis 2
7: then the LORD God formed man of dust from the ground, and breathed into his nostrils the breath of life; and man became a living being.

Psalm 92
5: How great are thy works, O LORD! Thy thoughts are very deep!
6: The dull man cannot know, the stupid cannot understand this:

Psalm 139
17: How precious to me are thy thoughts, O God! How vast is the sum of them!

All thoughts come from the mind of our Creator.
lotsoffun
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/17/2015 5:04:08 AM
At 10/17/2015 4:43:41 AM, new_yorker wrote:

That begs the question. "are our thoughts our own"? I think higher thoughts come from the creator but lower thoughts come from all the dark forces surrounding us when we are on this physical plane. We must always try to control our thoughts because they are the starting point of creating something : :

Psalm 94
9: He who planted the ear, does he not hear? He who formed the eye, does he not see?
10: He who chastens the nations, does he not chastise? He who teaches men knowledge,

Genesis 2
7: then the LORD God formed man of dust from the ground, and breathed into his nostrils the breath of life; and man became a living being.

Psalm 92

Psalm 139

I don't read the bible. I went to church and Sunday school as a youth and found it dull and really not too spiritual. I rely on others interpretation of the bible and then see how it resonates with me. There are some amazing sites called www.askrealjesus.com and especially www.ascendedmasteranswers.com. See if those resonate with you.
new_yorker
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/17/2015 5:08:37 AM
At 10/17/2015 5:04:08 AM, lotsoffun wrote:

Psalm 94

Genesis 2

Psalm 92

Psalm 139

I don't read the bible. I went to church and Sunday school as a youth and found it dull and really not too spiritual. I rely on others interpretation of the bible and then see how it resonates with me. There are some amazing sites called www.askrealjesus.com and especially www.ascendedmasteranswers.com. See if those resonate with you. : :

Most of those who have been enlightened have never read the Bible because it's the most deceiving book on this planet. You need to possess the Truth to understand what is true or not in that book (Bible ) that was produced by heathens who didn't know our Creator.
lotsoffun
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/17/2015 5:18:02 AM
At 10/17/2015 5:08:37 AM, new_yorker wrote:

Psalm 94

Genesis 2

Psalm 92

Psalm 139

I don't read the bible. I went to church and Sunday school as a youth and found it dull and really not too spiritual. I rely on others interpretation of the bible and then see how it resonates with me. There are some amazing sites called www.askrealjesus.com and especially www.ascendedmasteranswers.com. See if those resonate with you. : :

Most of those who have been enlightened have never read the Bible because it's the most deceiving book on this planet. You need to possess the Truth to understand what is true or not in that book (Bible ) that was produced by heathens who didn't know our Creator.

I will tell you (respectfully) what I tell religious people. You do not know THE truth. No one does. I've met people who have gone from religion to religion and swear that they now know the truth. I tell them that it is only their truth at the moment because it is their belief at this time. We are continually evolving. I'll bet that what you believed 10 years ago is not the same as what you believe now. If you are truly on a path of discovery, then you will discover only what you can handle at this time. Once that is absorbed more will be revealed. you may know much more than I do, but you will not stop learning new truths unless you decide there is no more to learn. Peace.

new_yorker
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/17/2015 5:20:20 AM
At 10/17/2015 5:18:02 AM, lotsoffun wrote:

Psalm 94

Genesis 2

Psalm 92

Psalm 139

I will tell you (respectfully) what I tell religious people. You do not know THE truth. No one does. I've met people who have gone from religion to religion and swear that they now know the truth. I tell them that it is only their truth at the moment because it is their belief at this time. We are continually evolving. I'll bet that what you believed 10 years ago is not the same as what you believe now. If you are truly on a path of discovery, then you will discover only what you can handle at this time. Once that is absorbed more will be revealed. you may know much more than I do, but you will not stop learning new truths unless you decide there is no more to learn. Peace.

I didn't learn anything from religion or science. I learned everything as I wrote and spoke for our Creator. Our Creator and his thoughts are the Truth.
lotsoffun
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/17/2015 5:24:41 AM
At 10/17/2015 5:20:20 AM, new_yorker wrote:
At 10/17/2015 5:18:02 AM, lotsoffun wrote:

Psalm 94

Genesis 2

Psalm 92

Psalm 139

I didn't learn anything from religion or science. I learned everything as I wrote and spoke for our Creator. Our Creator and his thoughts are the Truth.

How is it that you write and speak for the creator and what is it that you believe you have learned about the future, P
lease bear in mind that I have read and viewed 100's of opinions , all believing that what they are saying is the truth.
JJ50
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/17/2015 10:34:41 AM

I have never watched the film the Matrix but have often thought we could all be characters in a computer game of some sort. If it were true, I guess one would have to stay in character!
ironslippers
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/17/2015 11:07:53 AM
At 10/17/2015 2:45:19 AM, GrittyWorm wrote:
If you found out that our reality was a simulated virtual reality or a Matrix, how would this change your life or beliefs if at all

Electrons respond as if it were a matrix. It makes reasonable sense.

this is very plausible
I ask:
What happens when 2 or more matrixs collide (as in my matrix collides with someone elses)?

What if we live in multiple layers of matrixs (maybe the deception of one matrix is the reality of another)?

Perhap, we live in multiple matrixs simultaneously where a genius can use information from one matrix in another, and the mentally ill confuses the different matrixs

I beleave that we're all snowflakes on a peyote trip
the purple pill is the answer
Everyone stands on their own dung hill and speaks out about someone else's - Nathan Krusemark
Its easier to criticize and hate than it is to support and create - I Ron Slippers
ironslippers
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/17/2015 11:14:44 AM

Psalm 94

Genesis 2

Psalm 92

Psalm 139

I usually don't care for scripture quotes from others
in this moment these are worthy
Everyone stands on their own dung hill and speaks out about someone else's - Nathan Krusemark
Its easier to criticize and hate than it is to support and create - I Ron Slippers
bulproof
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/17/2015 1:13:08 PM
Can you explain what this alleged "simulated virtual reality" is? Or what this matrix is?
These concepts would seem to be based in a science fiction realm, yes?
Perhaps you can ask what we would feel if we existed on a planet that didn't support our particular life form.
That may be an interesting discussion.
Religion is just mind control. George Carlin
BigKim
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/22/2015 7:38:21 AM
At 10/17/2015 11:14:44 AM, ironslippers wrote:

Psalm 94

Genesis 2

Psalm 92

Psalm 139

I usually don't care for scripture quotes from others
in this moment these are worthy

Perhaps someone may find this writing to be of relevance;
"Parallel worlds exist and interact with our world, say some physicists"
http://www.mnn.com...
BigKim
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/22/2015 8:12:04 AM
20 years ago I was introduced to the concept that life on earth is an illusion. It took many years of searching to understand. Despite the prevailing theme on this forum that there are only the religious and the atheists, there is a massive movement away from religion to spirituality (people can actually think, feel and discern for themselves). In this progressive movement, there is an understanding that we are spiritual beings who incarnate into human form. We are all aspects of God. In all of us
"are our thoughts our own"? I think higher thoughts come from the creator but lower thoughts come from all the dark forces surrounding us when we are on this physical plane. We must always try to control our thoughts because they are the starting point of creating something : :

ironslippers
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/22/2015 9:02:51 AM
At 10/22/2015 8:12:04 AM, BigKim wrote:
20 years ago I was introduced to the concept that life on earth is an illusion. It took many years of searching to understand. Despite the prevailing theme on this forum that there are only the religious and the atheists, there is a massive movement away from religion to spirituality (people can actually think, feel and discern for themselves). In this progressive movement, there is an understanding that we are spiritual beings who incarnate into human form. We are all aspects of God. In all of us
"are our thoughts our own"? I think higher thoughts come from the creator but lower thoughts come from all the dark forces surrounding us when we are on this physical plane. We must always try to control our thoughts because they are the starting point of creating something : :

the article confirms much of what I suspected
Dark Forces? are you refering to the negative/evil, the unknown, the empty or other?
Your last sentence is inspiring I have to repeat it "We must always try to control our thoughts because they are the starting point of creating something"

BTW Welcome

side note: I was just watching some interviews of people talking of syd Barrett