Jump to topic:

Hello Theist pt 2

MarquisX
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/11/2010 6:57:43 AM
Posted: 6 years ago
This is how we should be. Once we can get half the world to this mindset, the world will be a much better place.

http://ibnlive.in.com...
Sophisticated ignorance, write my curses in cursive
Zetsubou
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/11/2010 7:20:58 AM
If a single muslim with the intention to annihilate Christianity or any non believer exists and he claims his violence to be justified by his holy book with its many dubious 'self defensive' connotations, I will not respect Islam.

New KKK motto: We spread a message of hate not love.
'sup DDO -- july 2013
innomen
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/11/2010 7:28:26 AM
At 9/11/2010 6:57:43 AM, MarquisX wrote:
This is how we should be. Once we can get half the world to this mindset, the world will be a much better place.

http://ibnlive.in.com...

I'm guessing a good portion of the world have some variation of this mindset, but they typically aren't the ones anyone really worries about. That other portion of the world with a very different mindset are the problem, and they don't need to be a big majority, or even a big minority to cause a lot of problems.
MarquisX
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/11/2010 7:37:53 AM
At 9/11/2010 7:20:58 AM, Zetsubou wrote:
If a single muslim with the intention to annihilate Christianity or any non believer exists and he claims his violence to be justified by his holy book with its many dubious 'self defensive' connotations, I will not respect Islam.

Why would you hold millions of muslims accountable for one? Because his holy book said so? I can kill someone and say "The Cat In The Hat" made me do it but that don't make the book itself evil. And whats with the second part? Why do you want to spread hate?
Zetsubou
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/11/2010 7:58:00 AM
At 9/11/2010 7:37:53 AM, MarquisX wrote:

Why would you hold millions of muslims accountable for one? Because his holy book said so? I can kill someone and say "The Cat In The Hat" made me do it but that don't make the book itself evil. And whats with the second part? Why do you want to spread hate?

The motto sums up islam.
I don't hold millions accountable for one I hold a theory, a dogma, a system of oppression accountable. Islam =/= Muslims as Nazism =/= Nazis. I don't hate Nazis.

(Add all in front of Muslims and Nazis)
'sup DDO -- july 2013
Zetsubou
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/11/2010 7:58:59 AM

New KKK motto: We spread a message of love not hate.

New KKK motto: We spread a message of love not hate.

->My bad.
'sup DDO -- july 2013
mattrodstrom
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/11/2010 8:02:29 AM

lol

I don't respect Islam.... but I also don't respect christianity...

And I'm quite happy to see such a report as this.

I just hope the crazy mooslims who'll want to murder random folks b/c that guys said he'll burn a Quran will see something of this report too...

maybe it'll make'em see things just a little bit more clearly.
"He who does not know how to put his will into things at least puts a meaning into them: that is, he believes there is a will in them already."

Metaphysics:
"The science.. which deals with the fundamental errors of mankind - but as if they were the fundamental truths."
Zetsubou
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/11/2010 8:19:14 AM
At 9/11/2010 8:02:29 AM, mattrodstrom wrote:

lol

I just hope the crazy mooslims who'll want to murder random folks b/c that guys said he'll burn a Quran will see something of this report too...

Stop writing funny.

Glad to hear,
Christianity is dubious in meaning, but nowhere near as dubious as Islam. If you order the contradictions in morals here is the order. Jesus>Moses>Isaiah>Everyone else. By this order Christianity is pacifist.
'sup DDO -- july 2013
mattrodstrom
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/11/2010 8:27:07 AM
At 9/11/2010 8:19:14 AM, Zetsubou wrote:

lol

Stop writing funny.

I write the way I talk... what problem to you have with it?

you can't follow "it'll" and "make'em" or "crazy mooslims"
"He who does not know how to put his will into things at least puts a meaning into them: that is, he believes there is a will in them already."

Metaphysics:
"The science.. which deals with the fundamental errors of mankind - but as if they were the fundamental truths."
mattrodstrom
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/11/2010 8:27:57 AM
At 9/11/2010 8:27:07 AM, mattrodstrom wrote:
what problem **to** you have with it?

lol... I don't know how that happened...

Metaphysics:
Mirza
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/11/2010 8:30:32 AM

lol

Stop writing funny.

Glad to hear,
Christianity is dubious in meaning, but nowhere near as dubious as Islam. If you order the contradictions in morals here is the order. Jesus>Moses>Isaiah>Everyone else. By this order Christianity is pacifist.
If pacifist, much more violent than any non-Pacifist religion. If not pacifist, still more violent than any other religion besides a pacifist one. You can choose to interpret it in any way, but calling it a pacifist religion is as wrong as possible, and even if it is, it is still violent and much more violent than any non-pacifist religions.
Zetsubou
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/11/2010 10:33:50 AM
At 9/11/2010 8:30:32 AM, Mirza wrote:

lol

Stop writing funny.

Glad to hear,
If pacifist, much more violent than any non-Pacifist religion.
Are you going to debate this, this time. Religion being defined by actions not text.

Islam vs Christianity - Death Count.

If not pacifist, still more violent than any other religion besides a pacifist one. You can choose to interpret it in any way, but calling it a pacifist religion is as wrong as possible, and even if it is, it is still violent and much more violent than any non-pacifist religions.
'sup DDO -- july 2013
Mirza
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/11/2010 11:00:29 AM
At 9/11/2010 10:33:50 AM, Zetsubou wrote:
Are you going to debate this, this time. Religion being defined by actions not text.
We never talked about this, only the one below, which you falsely attribute to Muslims. If you want anything then put it here because I am not into formal debates right now, nor do you have any valid definition for this debate. If you think Islam is more violent than Christianity, then go on and create a thread and we will compare any single thing from the Bible and the Qur'an.

Islam vs Christianity - Death Count.

If not pacifist, still more violent than any other religion besides a pacifist one. You can choose to interpret it in any way, but calling it a pacifist religion is as wrong as possible, and even if it is, it is still violent and much more violent than any non-pacifist religions.
Marauder
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/11/2010 11:33:00 AM

you know what book the KKK generally claim to justify there hate from?
One act of Rebellion created all the darkness and evil in the world; One life of Total Obedience created a path back to eternity and God.

A Scout is Obedient.
InsertNameHere
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/11/2010 11:40:56 AM
At 9/11/2010 11:33:00 AM, Marauder wrote:

I'm not even sure they have one, but you don't need a book to justify hate anyway. It doesn't say in the Bible to forcibly convert people yet that has been done by Christians.
Marauder
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/11/2010 1:05:03 PM
At 9/11/2010 11:40:56 AM, InsertNameHere wrote:

I'm not even sure they have one, but you don't need a book to justify hate anyway. It doesn't say in the Bible to forcibly convert people yet that has been done by Christians.

true. which was my point I wanted to make to Zetsubo. if one Muslim using their book for hate is enough reason to not respect Islam, then the KKK existence is enough reason to not respect Christianity. protestantism half of it anyway.
One act of Rebellion created all the darkness and evil in the world; One life of Total Obedience created a path back to eternity and God.

A Scout is Obedient.
lovelife
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/11/2010 1:08:23 PM
Judge the individual, not the re[li]gion.
Without Royal there is a hole inside of me, I have no choice but to leave
jharry
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/11/2010 2:40:47 PM
At 9/11/2010 1:05:03 PM, Marauder wrote:
At 9/11/2010 11:40:56 AM, InsertNameHere wrote:

true. which was my point I wanted to make to Zetsubo. if one Muslim using their book for hate is enough reason to not respect Islam, then the KKK existence is enough reason to not respect Christianity. protestantism half of it anyway.

Good show. That is exactly right. How can you judge every person according to a separate religion. And in the same breath judge a religion according to one persons actions. You can't rationally. But that goes to show exactly what your belief system is built on. Irrationality.
In nomine Patris, et Filii, et Spiritus Sancti. Amen
MarquisX
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/11/2010 5:52:02 PM
At 9/11/2010 11:15:32 AM, InsertNameHere wrote:
Since when were Christians pacifists? Lol.

Well, since the beginning...Jesus was always pacifists. He knew he was going to be arrested, yet he did not flee or fight back. one of his apostles though, did cut off a mans ear but Jesus told him off. Later all his apostles except one were brutally murdered and they did not fight back. As Christians, we are mean't to follow Christ and adopt his non- violent ways.That's where the term What Would Jesus Do originated from. It may seem a shock to you but many Christians ARE non-violent. However only the violent ones get news coverage.
Mirza
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/11/2010 5:53:18 PM
At 9/11/2010 5:52:02 PM, MarquisX wrote:

Well, since the beginning...Jesus was always pacifists. He knew he was going to be arrested, yet he did not flee or fight back. one of his apostles though, did cut off a mans ear but Jesus told him off. Later all his apostles except one were brutally murdered and they did not fight back. As Christians, we are mean't to follow Christ and adopt his non- violent ways.That's where the term What Would Jesus Do originated from. It may seem a shock to you but many Christians ARE non-violent. However only the violent ones get news coverage.
You are saying that not defending yourself is being non-violent?
jharry
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/11/2010 5:59:09 PM
At 9/11/2010 5:53:18 PM, Mirza wrote:
At 9/11/2010 5:52:02 PM, MarquisX wrote:

You are saying that not defending yourself is being non-violent?

Yes.
Mirza
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/11/2010 6:08:18 PM
At 9/11/2010 5:59:09 PM, jharry wrote:
Yes.
It is not. It is rubbish. Are you implying that if a murderer is about to kill you, a peaceful person who serves God, you have to legal and moral right to defend yourself against this person, which even deserves Hell? Where do you get this from? Jesus (peace be upon him) was never a pacifist nor did he ever call himself one. And you, believing that he was more than a human, should know this. Have you read the Bible? Have you skimmed the parts of God's punishment and Hell, too? Do you think this is pacifist? Nay. Neither pacifist nor cruel, but justified. What kind of a wise person would ever say that the sacred life of a humble human being should rather be left alone to a murderous, evil soul who is distant to God? What is this? Where do all people get such illogical absurdity from? In fact, if you think that the Bible supports pacifism i any verse, then please point it out. The "turn the other cheek" has nothing to do with pacifism. Pacifism is non-violence all the time, but this verse from the Bible is not for a last resort, rather where it is the wisest thing to do. And since you seem to take this literally, why not something like the quote below?

[Luke 22:36] "He said to them, 'But now if you have a purse, take it, and also a bag; and if you don't have a sword, sell your cloak and buy one.'"
jharry
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/11/2010 6:13:43 PM
At 9/11/2010 6:08:18 PM, Mirza wrote:
Yes.
It is not. It is rubbish. Are you implying that if a murderer is about to kill you, a peaceful person who serves God, you have to legal and moral right to defend yourself against this person, which even deserves Hell? Where do you get this from? Jesus (peace be upon him) was never a pacifist nor did he ever call himself one. And you, believing that he was more than a human, should know this. Have you read the Bible? Have you skimmed the parts of God's punishment and Hell, too? Do you think this is pacifist? Nay. Neither pacifist nor cruel, but justified. What kind of a wise person would ever say that the sacred life of a humble human being should rather be left alone to a murderous, evil soul who is distant to God? What is this? Where do all people get such illogical absurdity from? In fact, if you think that the Bible supports pacifism i any verse, then please point it out. The "turn the other cheek" has nothing to do with pacifism. Pacifism is non-violence all the time, but this verse from the Bible is not for a last resort, rather where it is the wisest thing to do. And since you seem to take this literally, why not something like the quote below?

[Luke 22:36] "He said to them, 'But now if you have a purse, take it, and also a bag; and if you don't have a sword, sell your cloak and buy one.'"

Oh, I thought you were talking about the attacks from people that attack you because of the name of Jesus. If a a person or a nation wanted to kill me for my belief in Jesus then I would submit and be led like a lamb to the slaughter. If you broke into my house to kill me or my family because you are you just want then you would end up with a couple rounds of buckshot in ya vitals. If you came in with authority to kill me because of my belief then Heaven here I come!!!!!
Mirza
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/11/2010 6:17:02 PM
At 9/11/2010 6:13:43 PM, jharry wrote:e the quote below?
Oh, I thought you were talking about the attacks from people that attack you because of the name of Jesus. If a a person or a nation wanted to kill me for my belief in Jesus then I would submit and be led like a lamb to the slaughter. If you broke into my house to kill me or my family because you are you just want then you would end up with a couple rounds of buckshot in ya vitals. If you came in with authority to kill me because of my belief then Heaven here I come!!!!!
You have no support from the Bible whatsoever because in no single verse does it prohibit self-defense, nor does God ever prohibit an innocent, God-loving person from defending himself and draw nearer to God instead of lying in the grave while a God-denying, sinful murderer gets to live, maybe happily. My dear friend, if you wish to discuss Christianity then let the Bible support you, not your own views. And even if someone came to kill you because you believe in Jesus, tell me how not defending yourself will get you to Paradise. Furthermore, do you know that cowardice is prohibited?
MarquisX
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/11/2010 6:22:02 PM
At 9/11/2010 6:08:18 PM, Mirza wrote:
Yes.

Again I say God sends no one to hell. As for non-violent Christians today, I mean't we aren't supposed to go out and make trouble.Like the Martin Luther King Jr's type of pacifist was a pretty good example. However If I feel physically threatened by you, I won't hesitate to break you in half
Mirza
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/11/2010 6:25:10 PM
At 9/11/2010 6:22:02 PM, MarquisX wrote:
Again I say God sends no one to hell.
That is so untrue that it is almost apostasy from Christianity (not that I care). It is completely egregious. The Bible is filled with verses speaking of Heaven and Hell, and there are no refutations to this. It is completely absurd to see Christians deny almost the entire Bible just because people do not like. Why even call yourself Christians? What is Christian about you?

As for non-violent Christians today, I mean't we aren't supposed to go out and make trouble.Like the Martin Luther King Jr's type of pacifist was a pretty good example. However If I feel physically threatened by you, I won't hesitate to break you in half
That is not being non-violent. It is being non-aggressive.
MarquisX
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/11/2010 6:33:54 PM
At 9/11/2010 6:25:10 PM, Mirza wrote:
At 9/11/2010 6:22:02 PM, MarquisX wrote:
Again I say God sends no one to hell.
That is so untrue that it is almost apostasy from Christianity (not that I care). It is completely egregious. The Bible is filled with verses speaking of Heaven and Hell, and there are no refutations to this. It is completely absurd to see Christians deny almost the entire Bible just because people do not like. Why even call yourself Christians? What is Christian about you?

As for non-violent Christians today, I mean't we aren't supposed to go out and make trouble.Like the Martin Luther King Jr's type of pacifist was a pretty good example. However If I feel physically threatened by you, I won't hesitate to break you in half
That is not being non-violent. It is being non-aggressive.

I am not the perfect Christian. Neither was MLK but his marches were entirely non-violent
Mirza
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/11/2010 6:35:59 PM
At 9/11/2010 6:33:54 PM, MarquisX wrote:
I am not the perfect Christian. Neither was MLK but his marches were entirely non-violent
The mere point was that Christianity is not promoting non-violence.