Jump to topic:

I am a demon now. I guess.

Ted_Kord_Pokemon_Master
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/20/2015 11:59:43 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
Well, I'm a Christian and outside of my church have been called a demon for several reasons. Like

1. I believe in the theory of evolution. Shocking I know. I believe in something that makes the Bible make more sense. How else would all the animals fit in Noah's ark if it were not their ancestor that went in? Not to mention all the evidences. But nah. I'm just listening to the lies of the devil.

2. I questioned God's existence. Really? I'm supposed to blindly follow a book with several mistranslations about an all loving all powerful man in the heaven despite all the hate and wars in this world because of free will. Not to mention God caused wars and plague in the books Moses wrote.

3. I asked why Jesus wanted idiots. Jesus constantly said we are like sheep without a shepherd. Do you know has freakin dumb sheep are? Jesus also says to come to him like little children. Little. He wants us to just believe him. I have a hard time doing that.

After I told these things to other Christian adults they basically said Satan was living inside me. But I'm still a Christian. An agnostic theist is the term.
Look at my sig.
Sarra
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/20/2015 12:11:42 PM
At 9/20/2015 11:59:43 AM, Ted_Kord_Pokemon_Master wrote:
Well, I'm a Christian and outside of my church have been called a demon for several reasons. Like
The church is not always Christianity. Church goers can be complete aholes.

1. I believe in the theory of evolution. Shocking I know. I believe in something that makes the Bible make more sense. How else would all the animals fit in Noah's ark if it were not their ancestor that went in? Not to mention all the evidences. But nah. I'm just listening to the lies of the devil.

Genetics (most of evolution theory) is a totally provable science. We can buy flowers, breed them, and make their offspring have mixed color flower petals. I will have to look for the book in a little bit - the original Bible has been mistranslated through the years. The summary of the book is certain passages have been removed and others have been added.

The Jefferson Bible was written by one of our founding fathers. Jefferson took out all the parts of the Bible he could not rationalize or agree with. Needless to say, it is a little bit thinner than the Nicaean Bible.

2. I questioned God's existence. Really? I'm supposed to blindly follow a book with several mistranslations about an all loving all powerful man in the heaven despite all the hate and wars in this world because of free will. Not to mention God caused wars and plague in the books Moses wrote.

Lots of Christians go through valleys and question God's existence. This is part of our journey and perfectly normal.

3. I asked why Jesus wanted idiots. Jesus constantly said we are like sheep without a shepherd. Do you know has freakin dumb sheep are? Jesus also says to come to him like little children. Little. He wants us to just believe him. I have a hard time doing that.

By asking these questions, you will have a better understanding and grounds to stand on when others come by in the future and challenge your faith. I believe this questioning is good for your personal growth.

After I told these things to other Christian adults they basically said Satan was living inside me. But I'm still a Christian. An agnostic theist is the term.

In summary the church is not always Christian.
Illegalcombatant
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/20/2015 2:04:15 PM

2. I questioned God's existence. Really? I'm supposed to blindly follow a book

Yeah pretty much..............

with several mistranslations about an all loving all powerful man in the heaven despite all the hate and wars in this world because of free will. Not to mention God caused wars and plague in the books Moses wrote.

Oh dear, with that kind of attitude your just not going to make it as an evangelical christian.
"Seems like another attempt to insert God into areas our knowledge has yet to penetrate. You figure God would be bigger than the gaps of our ignorance." Drafterman 19/5/12
JJ50
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/20/2015 2:40:17 PM

Good for you!
joetheripper117
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/21/2015 1:24:04 AM

I really do not see why questioning your faith would make others label you as evil. It really doesn't make any sense. Shouldn't any logical person reevaluate their positions whenever new data comes around?
"By all means let's be open-minded, but not so open-minded that our brains drop out."
-Richard Dawkins
"The onus is on you to say why; the onus is not on the rest of us to say why not."
-Richard Dawkins
bulproof
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/21/2015 1:28:15 AM
At 9/21/2015 1:24:04 AM, joetheripper117 wrote:

I really do not see why questioning your faith would make others label you as evil. It really doesn't make any sense. Shouldn't any logical person reevaluate their positions whenever new data comes around?
He never mentions logical people Joe.
joetheripper117
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/21/2015 1:30:46 AM
At 9/21/2015 1:28:15 AM, bulproof wrote:
At 9/21/2015 1:24:04 AM, joetheripper117 wrote:

He never mentions logical people Joe.

Well said.
"By all means let's be open-minded, but not so open-minded that our brains drop out."
-Richard Dawkins
"The onus is on you to say why; the onus is not on the rest of us to say why not."
-Richard Dawkins
itsnoone
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/21/2015 3:10:51 AM

After I told these things to other Christian adults they basically said Satan was living inside me. But I'm still a Christian. An agnostic theist is the term. : :

God is showing you the way out of that heathen religion called Christianity. All the religions of man were formed by the building of false gods. Christians build false gods and worship their false deities in them just like the religious Jews and Muslims do.
Mhykiel
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/21/2015 5:46:57 AM

There is no conflict with evolution and scripture. I think there has been a huge misconception on part of protestants to understand the Genesis account in relation to other scripture.

Well we can question all things. If you are a Christian then you would be a follower of Christ Jesus and by association a believer in One God: The Father in heaven. I don't think you can be a Christian and reject a believe in God.

Einstein said the only thing that interferes with my learning is my education. He was speakign about how formal education can box a person into a way of thinking that may not be the correct representation of how things are. Jesus in the same page describes that teaching a child to stumble in faith would be better for the man to have a stone around his neck.

But Jesus elaborates and said we should be like children humble to enter the kingdom. The impression I get is we must be curious as children are, humble and eager to learn.

I don't see that as jesus wanting fools. He wants people who do no lean on thier own understanding and arrogant in their own thoughts but willing to search out the truth and learn.

I hope you bring such concerns to the cross in front of Jesus in Prayer, asking the Holy spirit and the our father in heaven to guide you.
bulproof
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/21/2015 9:35:23 AM
At 9/21/2015 5:46:57 AM, Mhykiel wrote:

There is no conflict with evolution and scripture. I think there has been a huge misconception on part of protestants to understand the Genesis account in relation to other scripture.
Scripture and the ToE are not compatible in anyway at all. It has nothing to do with how genesis is related to the rest of scripture, it is how it doesn't relate at all to scientific knowledge. BTW what do protestants have to do with it?? LOL.

Well we can question all things. If you are a Christian then you would be a follower of Christ Jesus and by association a believer in One God: The Father in heaven. I don't think you can be a Christian and reject a believe in God.
The original "christian" churches believed in a trinity. The concept of a god minus Christ the saviour is a 17th century claim. One should question the expertise of those in that time compared to those who compiled their holy scripture under the divine guidance of the triune god the latecomers choose to deny.
Perhaps your your rejection of the true triune god must be considered unchristian given the two histories.

Einstein said the only thing that interferes with my learning is my education. He was speakign about how formal education can box a person into a way of thinking that may not be the correct representation of how things are. Jesus in the same page describes that teaching a child to stumble in faith would be better for the man to have a stone around his neck.
I'm fascinated that Jesus and Einstein wrote on the same page, but let's move on. LOL. Are you in any position to assert that Einstein ever abandoned his education in order for a belief in the non existent? Einstein stating that thinking outside the box was in some way equivalent to relying to some non existent god is purely wishful thinking on your part.
But Jesus elaborates and said we should be like children humble to enter the kingdom. The impression I get is we must be curious as children are, humble and eager to learn.

I don't see that as jesus wanting fools. He wants people who do no lean on thier own understanding and arrogant in their own thoughts but willing to search out the truth and learn.
Yes that's right, he wants fools. Those who will believe without any self examination are those who will believe and be no better off than those who don't.

I hope you bring such concerns to the cross in front of Jesus in Prayer, asking the Holy spirit and the our father in heaven to guide you.
Oh dear
Hitchian
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/21/2015 9:48:07 AM

Of course there is. Theory of Evolution is fatal to Christianity and that realization is why orthodox Christians dedicate so much time, money and energy fighting against it.

If Adam never existed, neither did original sin. If original sin never existed then there is no need for a redeemer, no need for atonement, which is Christianity's central doctrine.

If life evolved, as opposed to having been created , then God loses the authority to judge humanity and carry out the sentence of wiping out half of it, at least, that Christians are willing to grant Him over precisely his rights as creator.
slo1
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/21/2015 3:00:57 PM
At 9/21/2015 9:48:07 AM, Hitchian wrote:

Of course there is. Theory of Evolution is fatal to Christianity and that realization is why orthodox Christians dedicate so much time, money and energy fighting against it.

If Adam never existed, neither did original sin. If original sin never existed then there is no need for a redeemer, no need for atonement, which is Christianity's central doctrine.

If life evolved, as opposed to having been created , then God loses the authority to judge humanity and carry out the sentence of wiping out half of it, at least, that Christians are willing to grant Him over precisely his rights as creator.

More moderate faiths such as Catholic would say evolution was guided by God, thus it just becomes a tool or method of creation, but God fully directed it and knew the outcome of it prior to the outcome. It really needs a new name because the theory of evolution is not influenced by an outside intelligent being. The religious compatible evolution should be called theistic evolution.
Mhykiel
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/21/2015 4:47:33 PM

The Bible only says 'God created' in a few places. The hebrew word 'bara'. Some infer this is a creative act from nothing. But it says God created man and woman, then in the elaboration of Genesis has Man being made from Earth and Woman from Adam's rib. This shows that the action 'to create' can refer to a process.

As far as the rest you wrote you are dead on. If we are the result of happen stance then there is no God. If we are not sinners than no need for a redeemer.
bulproof
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/21/2015 5:00:08 PM
At 9/21/2015 4:47:33 PM, Mhykiel Did you run away from this http://www.debate.org... because it was beyond you are just because any further exposure would result in your eternal damnation?
DanneJeRusse
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/21/2015 5:00:59 PM
At 9/21/2015 4:47:33 PM, Mhykiel wrote:

The Bible only says 'God created' in a few places. The hebrew word 'bara'. Some infer this is a creative act from nothing. But it says God created man and woman, then in the elaboration of Genesis has Man being made from Earth and Woman from Adam's rib. This shows that the action 'to create' can refer to a process.

The Bible states all life forms were created by God as they are today, this clearly does not align with evolution or is any kind of process. It's simply the waving of a magical hand and *poof*...

As far as the rest you wrote you are dead on. If we are the result of happen stance then there is no God. If we are not sinners than no need for a redeemer.
Marrying a 6 year old and waiting until she reaches puberty and maturity before having consensual sex is better than walking up to
a stranger in a bar and proceeding to have relations with no valid proof of the intent of the person. Muhammad wins. ~ Fatihah
If they don't want to be killed then they have to subdue to the Islamic laws. - Uncung
Without God, you are lower than sh!t. ~ SpiritandTruth
bulproof
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/21/2015 5:23:07 PM

Ya gotta love it when they prove the bible wrong in order that they prove the bible right.
What is it about that that they don't get?
Mhykiel
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/21/2015 5:42:27 PM
At 9/21/2015 5:00:59 PM, DanneJeRusse wrote:

The Bible states all life forms were created by God as they are today, this clearly does not align with evolution or is any kind of process. It's simply the waving of a magical hand and *poof*...

Citation please.

Mhykiel
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/21/2015 5:48:14 PM
At 9/21/2015 5:23:07 PM, bulproof wrote:

Ya gotta love it when they prove the bible wrong in order that they prove the bible right.

Axiomatic truths are demonstrated if to falsify a statement it must be excepted as true.

But I have proven the Bible wrong in any part. I recited what it says and what a logical inference from it would be.

Essentially I think ex nihilo is more an assumption from scripture than literally stated. I think the Father created the heavens and the earth and all life in them. And he did this through the ethereal process of God speaking vibrations acting upon spacetime.
don_juan
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/21/2015 8:15:51 PM
At 9/21/2015 5:48:14 PM, Mhykiel wrote:
At 9/21/2015 5:23:07 PM, bulproof wrote:

Axiomatic truths are demonstrated if to falsify a statement it must be excepted as true.

But I have proven the Bible wrong in any part. I recited what it says and what a logical inference from it would be.

Essentially I think ex nihilo is more an assumption from scripture than literally stated. I think the Father created the heavens and the earth and all life in them. And he did this through the ethereal process of God speaking vibrations acting upon spacetime. : :

You must have picked this up from BOG who was being used by God to teach His listeners how He created everything. He knew that God spoke everything into existence as invisible wavelengths where all the visible illusions are formed from.

You should listen to the word of the Lord more carefully because he has a lot of knowledge about the future.
DanneJeRusse
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/21/2015 8:24:14 PM
At 9/21/2015 5:42:27 PM, Mhykiel wrote:

Citation please.

You can't be serious, you've never even read Genesis? LOL.

Then God said, "Let the land produce vegetation: seed-bearing plants and trees on the land that bear fruit with seed in it, according to their various kinds." And it was so.

And God said, "Let the water teem with living creatures, and let birds fly above the earth across the vault of the sky." 21 So God created the great creatures of the sea and every living thing with which the water teems and that moves about in it, according to their kinds, and every winged bird according to its kind.

And God said, "Let the land produce living creatures according to their kinds: the livestock, the creatures that move along the ground, and the wild animals, each according to its kind." And it was so.

So God created mankind in his own image,
in the image of God he created them;
male and female he created them.

Marrying a 6 year old and waiting until she reaches puberty and maturity before having consensual sex is better than walking up to
a stranger in a bar and proceeding to have relations with no valid proof of the intent of the person. Muhammad wins. ~ Fatihah
If they don't want to be killed then they have to subdue to the Islamic laws. - Uncung
Mhykiel
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/21/2015 8:26:30 PM
At 9/21/2015 8:24:14 PM, DanneJeRusse wrote:

Citation please.

Then God said, "Let the land produce vegetation: seed-bearing plants and trees on the land that bear fruit with seed in it, according to their various kinds." And it was so.

And God said, "Let the water teem with living creatures, and let birds fly above the earth across the vault of the sky." 21 So God created the great creatures of the sea and every living thing with which the water teems and that moves about in it, according to their kinds, and every winged bird according to its kind.

And God said, "Let the land produce living creatures according to their kinds: the livestock, the creatures that move along the ground, and the wild animals, each according to its kind." And it was so.

Where in your citation does it state that the way any particular animal looks today is the way it was created in the past?
DanneJeRusse
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/21/2015 8:39:20 PM
At 9/21/2015 8:26:30 PM, Mhykiel wrote:

Citation please.

Where in your citation does it state that the way any particular animal looks today is the way it was created in the past?

Seed bearing plants, livestock and winged birds never existed back then, they are recently evolved creatures, with no mention of dinosaurs. Men and women are only a couple million years evolved. Again, you can't be serious.
Mhykiel
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/21/2015 8:48:36 PM
At 9/21/2015 8:39:20 PM, DanneJeRusse wrote:

Citation please.

Seed bearing plants, livestock and winged birds never existed back then, they are recently evolved creatures, with no mention of dinosaurs. Men and women are only a couple million years evolved. Again, you can't be serious.

That's a different topic. So do you admit when you said God created things in the shape they are today you were wrong. That change overtime is not expressily prohibited by an act of creation?

And did God create all those things or 'let' them repopulate the Earth?
don_juan
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/21/2015 9:07:29 PM
At 9/21/2015 8:48:36 PM, Mhykiel wrote:

Citation please.

That's a different topic. So do you admit when you said God created things in the shape they are today you were wrong. That change overtime is not expressily prohibited by an act of creation?

And did God create all those things or 'let' them repopulate the Earth? : :

Every visible illusion is formed from God's invisible creation. What you observe today as visible objects appear real but they are only illusions that aren't made of hard physical matter. Even physicists know today that visible objects we observe are not our true reality.
DanneJeRusse
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/21/2015 11:13:09 PM

Citation please.

That's a different topic.

No, it isn't.

So do you admit when you said God created things in the shape they are today you were wrong.

No, the Bible says that they were created as is today.

That change overtime is not expressily prohibited by an act of creation?

So what? There is no indication of change whatsoever.

Read Genesis.
Mhykiel
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/22/2015 12:51:27 AM
At 9/21/2015 11:13:09 PM, DanneJeRusse wrote:

Citation please.

No, it isn't.

So do you admit when you said God created things in the shape they are today you were wrong.

Where does it say that? You haven't posted anything that says that. So God let the grass grow one day... hence forth grass can't evolve, can't change? No.

What scripture says is nothing like what you are saying compare the two word for word.

Even int he few places where the word "create" is used, we know from later verses that these "create" are a process. Like God created man and woman, and the details of which are God formed man from dust and woman from man's rib.

But what isn't said is that once created nothing evolves. THINGS Change over time and that is perfectly complimentary with scripture.

Of course you have to understand what "kinds" refers to. And such delineations of species and types of animals is a subjective labeling.

When God made a wolf do we see wolves that are different from each other? yes, we got dogs, wolfs, and foxes, ect... all of which are genetically similar enough to interbreed and produce fertile offspring.

So Nothing you cited infers that God made a wolf and made it so a wolf today has to look the way it looked when God created it.

Clearly Scripture says God made a wolf-kind and from thereon that kind evolved into other kinds of wolves.

But you say and repeatedly say without support: "The Bible states all life forms were created by God as they are today".

I ask for a citation to confirm this is what is written, you have none.

Read Genesis.
don_juan
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/22/2015 1:10:44 AM
At 9/22/2015 12:51:27 AM, Mhykiel wrote:

Citation please.

No, it isn't.

Where does it say that? You haven't posted anything that says that. So God let the grass grow one day... hence forth grass can't evolve, can't change? No.

What scripture says is nothing like what you are saying compare the two word for word.

Even int he few places where the word "create" is used, we know from later verses that these "create" are a process. Like God created man and woman, and the details of which are God formed man from dust and woman from man's rib.

But what isn't said is that once created nothing evolves. THINGS Change over time and that is perfectly complimentary with scripture.

Of course you have to understand what "kinds" refers to. And such delineations of species and types of animals is a subjective labeling.

When God made a wolf do we see wolves that are different from each other? yes, we got dogs, wolfs, and foxes, ect... all of which are genetically similar enough to interbreed and produce fertile offspring.

So Nothing you cited infers that God made a wolf and made it so a wolf today has to look the way it looked when God created it.

Clearly Scripture says God made a wolf-kind and from thereon that kind evolved into other kinds of wolves.

But you say and repeatedly say without support: "The Bible states all life forms were created by God as they are today".

Read Genesis. : :

God told His people to listen to His voice and obey His commandments. He didn't tell His people to read written words that were changed by heathens who call themselves Jews and Christians.
UtherPenguin
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/22/2015 1:12:24 AM

I just needed an excuse to use this image somewhere:

http://i958.photobucket.com...
"Praise Allah."
~YYW
Harikrish
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/22/2015 1:12:31 AM
At 9/22/2015 12:51:27 AM, Mhykiel wrote:

Citation please.

No, it isn't.

Read Genesis.

The bottom line is God created everything. If his creation wants to interbreed they can at their own risk. You are a product of interbreeding. Your common ancestors were Old World Monkeys and you are quite likely a cross between a monkey and a chimpanzee.

But that would not have happened if the Creation Model was applied.