Jump to topic:

Kingdom come

Mhykiel
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/21/2015 5:39:19 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
I usually find discussions on an afterlife to be very speculative and sometimes too big of a distraction from living this life.

I'ld like to see Annicole and MadCornish comment without bitter remarks. I think both enjoy being workmen of the word.

I'm going to throw out one version of an after life I think can be strongly debated with scriptural references.

We die. Then at an unonown time in the future everyone is resurrected, manifested in a new physical body. Jesus will judge the resurrected and those found unholy will be cast into a lake of fire. A placed designed for fallen angels.

The holy will then live on Earth in their new physical bodies. Laboring to do God's will on Earth practicing dominion and authority as judges. Living with God located in a city come down from heaven.

I think this is a scriptually accurate summary.
bulproof
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/21/2015 5:58:32 PM
At 9/21/2015 5:39:19 PM, Mhykiel
Are you to afraid to continue with this discussion?
http://www.debate.org...
Religion is just mind control. George Carlin
Skepticalone
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/21/2015 6:49:10 PM
At 9/21/2015 5:39:19 PM, Mhykiel wrote:
I usually find discussions on an afterlife to be very speculative and sometimes too big of a distraction from living this life.

I'ld like to see Annicole and MadCornish comment without bitter remarks. I think both enjoy being workmen of the word.

I'm going to throw out one version of an after life I think can be strongly debated with scriptural references.

We die. Then at an unonown time in the future everyone is resurrected, manifested in a new physical body. Jesus will judge the resurrected and those found unholy will be cast into a lake of fire. A placed designed for fallen angels.

The holy will then live on Earth in their new physical bodies. Laboring to do God's will on Earth practicing dominion and authority as judges. Living with God located in a city come down from heaven.

I think MCB'S interpetation of Scripture is closer to this version than Anna's. Although, to be fair, I don't completely comprehend Anna's belief.
This thread is like eavesdropping on a conversation in a mental asylum. - Bulproof

You can call your invisible friends whatever you like. - Desmac

What the hell kind of coked up sideshow has this thread turned into. - Casten
stubs
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/21/2015 6:54:44 PM

What would be the need for judges in heaven? Just curious.
jodybirdy
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/21/2015 7:05:45 PM

Here is a question, how is this heaven that you descrive any different than the world we are living in? We are all judges, opinions vary and in heaven how could it be any different lest we lose who we are as individuals? Christians believe that Jesus walked among us. So it seems simple to me, in your interpretation of an afterlife you are describing the world today. How does that make sense?
A rock pile ceases to be a rock pile the moment a single man contemplates it, bearing within him the image of a cathedral."
stubs
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/21/2015 7:21:37 PM
At 9/21/2015 7:05:45 PM, jodybirdy wrote:

Here is a question, how is this heaven that you descrive any different than the world we are living in? We are all judges, opinions vary and in heaven how could it be any different lest we lose who we are as individuals? Christians believe that Jesus walked among us. So it seems simple to me, in your interpretation of an afterlife you are describing the world today. How does that make sense?

I'm not defending his position, but your critique does not seem to hold weight. While I do see where you are coming from one clear distinction is when he says the "unholy will be cast into a lake of fire."
Mhykiel
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/21/2015 7:21:53 PM
At 9/21/2015 6:54:44 PM, stubs wrote:

The elect judge on Earth not heaven. Like a social system. I postulate the elect after resurrection will fufill the roles angels were created to fufill.
stubs
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/21/2015 7:23:15 PM
At 9/21/2015 7:21:53 PM, Mhykiel wrote:

The elect judge on Earth not heaven. Like a social system. I postulate the elect after resurrection will fufill the roles angels were created to fufill.

What exactly would they be judging if there is not sin in heaven? At least how I understand it, that is the traditional view.
don_juan
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/21/2015 7:27:48 PM

I think this is a scriptually accurate summary. : :

Your interpretation of the prophecies about the New Heaven and Earth are inaccurate. In fact, no man can interpret the prophecies. Only God can do that while he's having one of his trusted servants testify to his knowledge which is known as the word of the Lord.

There are many teachings that have to understood before you can totally understand how we'll be experiencing life in Paradise ( New Earth ).

The first teaching is to learn the difference between the visible flesh and God's created man within his spirit. If you don't understand the invisible us, you will never understand the future.

In the book of Genesis, God tells Noah that he will use the earth to destroy all flesh. The first flesh he killed was with the flood. The flood set up the age ending fire of God, which will happen soon. The fire of God will destroy the rest of the flesh, called the inhabitants of the earth.

After this world has been destroyed by the fire of God, a New Heaven and Earth will begin where all God's created men and beasts get new bodies to experience all the new dreams and visions God has in store for them.

The reason He says dreams and visions is because what we experience with our senses is not made of real physical materials. They're only illusions that are formed from invisible waves, which were spoken into existence by Him, our Creator.

Man was created both male and female so man will wake up in two different bodies. One body will be male and the other body will be female. They will be partners in every single vision and dream together.

All God's people will be speaking only one language to each other that will be understood by them all. His people will learn that all the visible experiences are only illusions so that created men will live in peace and harmony with each other.

Each created man living in his two bodies ( male and female ) will experience having different kinds of bodies in their own individual visions and dreams so that they will never be bored with life. This will give each created man a unique experience that he will be able to share with other created men. This means that living in Paradise will always be new and exciting with everyone having an interesting story to tell.

Never again will we experience division with groups of people believing they're the only one's who are morally good or that they believe in the right god or goddesses. This means we won't have Christians, Jews, Buddhists, Muslims or any other religious person running around claiming they are the righteous ones.
Mhykiel
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/21/2015 7:30:07 PM

Hi jody.
I'm refering to a time period after the resurrection. Not that it is heaven but that it is the restoration of the human race on earth. Couple of differences will be face to face access to God, Angel like bodies, complete faith power and authority. I'm not sure whatthe extent of those powers will be but I suspect healing and so forth like Jesus
don_juan
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/21/2015 7:30:32 PM
At 9/21/2015 7:23:15 PM, stubs wrote:

What exactly would they be judging if there is not sin in heaven? At least how I understand it, that is the traditional view. : :

There won't be any judges in the New Heaven and Earth. We will all be speaking the same language to each other that we will understand as the Law of God. We will never understand what sin means in Paradise because there won't be any entropy.
don_juan
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/21/2015 7:31:45 PM
At 9/21/2015 7:30:07 PM, Mhykiel wrote:

Hi jody.
I'm refering to a time period after the resurrection. Not that it is heaven but that it is the restoration of the human race on earth. Couple of differences will be face to face access to God, Angel like bodies, complete faith power and authority. I'm not sure whatthe extent of those powers will be but I suspect healing and so forth like Jesus : :

You shouldn't be teaching anyone about the future because you have no authority from our Creator to do so.
jodybirdy
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/21/2015 7:42:22 PM

Hi jody.
I'm refering to a time period after the resurrection. Not that it is heaven but that it is the restoration of the human race on earth. Couple of differences will be face to face access to God, Angel like bodies, complete faith power and authority. I'm not sure whatthe extent of those powers will be but I suspect healing and so forth like Jesus

But Jesus was resurrected according to the New Testament. The interpretation can be taken either way. If you are wrong and life ends at death, then there is no disappoint that you may experience. If I am wrong and there is judgement for lack of belief, then I will suffer. Even with that being said by generations of fearful followers I will stick with the rational assessment that religion was created by us out of fear of what we cannot control or even understand. It is all a human construct.
A rock pile ceases to be a rock pile the moment a single man contemplates it, bearing within him the image of a cathedral."
don_juan
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/21/2015 7:49:41 PM
At 9/21/2015 7:42:22 PM, jodybirdy wrote:

Hi jody.

But Jesus was resurrected according to the New Testament. The interpretation can be taken either way. If you are wrong and life ends at death, then there is no disappoint that you may experience. If I am wrong and there is judgement for lack of belief, then I will suffer. Even with that being said by generations of fearful followers I will stick with the rational assessment that religion was created by us out of fear of what we cannot control or even understand. It is all a human construct.; ;

Don't be fearful Jody. God has everything planned out and will save all His created people from the inhabitants of this earth. Religious people don't know this so don't believe in their false interpretations of the prophecies.
Mhykiel
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/21/2015 8:16:28 PM
At 9/21/2015 7:23:15 PM, stubs wrote:

What exactly would they be judging if there is not sin in heaven? At least how I understand it, that is the traditional view.

I don't know if sin is no more. But I take the word judge to be more like the way it was in isreal, a decider of disputes as opposed to an accuser of sin.
Mhykiel
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/21/2015 8:21:30 PM
At 9/21/2015 7:31:45 PM, don_juan wrote:

Hi jody.
I'm refering to a time period after the resurrection. Not that it is heaven but that it is the restoration of the human race on earth. Couple of differences will be face to face access to God, Angel like bodies, complete faith power and authority. I'm not sure whatthe extent of those powers will be but I suspect healing and so forth like Jesus : :

You shouldn't be teaching anyone about the future because you have no authority from our Creator to do so.

This discussion is apologetic in nature and very speculative. I suppose the real question posed in this thread is 'Is this an accurate portrayal of life after resurection in accordance with Christian scripture?'
don_juan
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/21/2015 9:04:39 PM
At 9/21/2015 8:21:30 PM, Mhykiel wrote:
At 9/21/2015 7:31:45 PM, don_juan wrote:

Hi jody.

This discussion is apologetic in nature and very speculative. I suppose the real question posed in this thread is 'Is this an accurate portrayal of life after resurection in accordance with Christian scripture?' : :

Those of us who had to testify to the Word of God have to write and speak the words that God puts in our mind. From these testimonies, everything God wanted His people to know before the end of this age is revealed.

As one who had to testify to the Word of God, I had to write the story about how this age will end when the whole earth begins to shake violently. All flesh ( the visible inhabitants ) of this earth will perish during this day of chaos and destruction and a new age ( New Heaven and Earth ) will be revealed to the new flesh that we created people will wake up in.

In the last year and a half, God has been teaching me how we'll experience life in Paradise in many different bodies. Think of playing many different computer simulation games today and you will get the idea of living in Paradise.
RuvDraba
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/21/2015 9:07:05 PM
So you, Mhykiel, a guy committed to practicing a faith of love and peace, are walking around every day, imagining that some 70% the people you presently share this world with deserve to be tortured forever: the mothers, the gurgling babies, the bright-eyed girls and cheeky boys. The kind, the gentle, the peaceful and the selfless...

All because they're raised in different traditions to you?

That's the belief you've embraced of your own free will, with no assurance of who wrote those words, how they came by those ideas, or why they wrote them.

And that's the mind you've gifted this world -- the only mind you've got -- and the bitter, hateful heart you've asked your fellow men to love, tolerate and embrace.

Laboring to do God's will on Earth practicing dominion and authority as judges.
Judging what, exactly? You've just killed off all the traditions you fear and hate.

What's left? A city full of white people, and the descendants of the peoples they managed to colonise and conquer?

Will they judge each other perhaps? Spending an eternity bound to one another in sanctimony, hatred, jealousy and contempt?

Or will the whites just judge everyone else, because the Romans Christianised them first?

Or maybe, God will be kind and give them all new, white-skinned bodies, so they can't see any evidence of the appalling and arbitrary histories by which they came to their particular faith?

What a joke, Mhykiel. What a conceited, appalling, despicable farce of a theology.

Your faith is not only a stone crushing your mind and heart, but your hatred and contempt for your fellow man are burdens you've given everyone to carry for you.

The heaven you've conceived for yourself scripturally is a hell, Mhykiel. For you and the saved, no less than those you believe worthy of damnation.
don_juan
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/21/2015 9:13:20 PM
At 9/21/2015 9:07:05 PM, RuvDraba wrote:
So you, Mhykiel, a guy committed to practicing a faith of love and peace, are walking around every day, imagining that some 70% the people you presently share this world with deserve to be tortured forever: the mothers, the gurgling babies, the bright-eyed girls and cheeky boys. The kind, the gentle, the peaceful and the selfless...

That's the belief you've embraced of your own free will, with no assurance of who wrote those words, how they came by those ideas, or why they wrote them.

And that's the mind you've gifted this world -- the only mind you've got -- and the bitter, hateful heart you've asked your fellow men to love, tolerate and embrace.

Judging what, exactly? You've just killed off all the traditions you fear and hate.

What's left? A city full of white people, and the descendants of the peoples they managed to colonise and conquer?

Will they judge each other perhaps? Spending an eternity bound to one another in sanctimony, hatred, jealousy and contempt?

Or will the whites just judge everyone else, because the Romans Christianised them first?

Or maybe, God will be kind and give them all new, white-skinned bodies, so they can't see any evidence of the appalling and arbitrary histories by which they came to their particular faith?

What a joke, Mhykiel. What a conceited, appalling, despicable farce of a theology.

Your faith is not only a stone crushing your mind and heart, but your hatred and contempt for your fellow man are burdens you've given everyone to carry for you.

The heaven you've conceived for yourself scripturally is a hell, Mhykiel. For you and the saved, no less than those you believe worthy of damnation. : :

No reader of the Bible can interpret the prophecies about the future. That is left up to our Creator who uses his servants to testify to His knowledge. Once He has us write the stories about the future, then He guides us to the prophecies that match our stories, which gives us even more confidence to preach the gospel to His chosen believers.

It's impossible for Christians to get an accurate interpretation of the prophecies because they are not used to testify to the knowledge of God. They are called heathens in the OT prophecies who would kill us servants for testifying to the Word of God. Christians hate the gospel I preach to them unless they are chosen by God to listen to it and believe. Believing in the future is much different than knowing the future.
RuvDraba
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/21/2015 9:22:11 PM
At 9/21/2015 9:13:20 PM, don_juan wrote:

The heaven you've conceived for yourself scripturally is a hell, Mhykiel. For you and the saved, no less than those you believe worthy of damnation. : :

No reader of the Bible can interpret the prophecies about the future.
Yet that's exactly what's being done in this thread, DJ.

Mhykiel has elected to share, promote and celebrate his own ideas of theological hate, embraced of his own free will, with like-minded people...

...and not only share it, but pronounce it 'holy' and 'righteous' and 'good'.

There is culpability here, and it resides not with the dead authors of those malignant words, but with the living who promote them: the ignorant, conceited, spiteful, fearful, twisted little souls who worship them as fact.
Mhykiel
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/21/2015 9:29:39 PM

The heaven you've conceived for yourself scripturally is a hell, Mhykiel. For you and the saved, no less than those you believe worthy of damnation.

I made no statements regarding any particular race, religion, or any other discernable difference of who will be saved.

I imagine a world of angelic like people cooperating and living on earth. That that is the final destination of those chosen by God to be saved.

This topic is to see if such a scenario is Biblically accurate.

You seem to know a lot about the christian faith. Can you point out any verses that support that the 'elected' by God will be white skinned? Or that someone who is born in a different tradition than 'christian' can not be saved?
RuvDraba
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/21/2015 9:41:52 PM
At 9/21/2015 9:29:39 PM, Mhykiel wrote:

I made no statements regarding any particular race, religion, or any other discernable difference of who will be saved.

I imagine a world of angelic like people cooperating and living on earth.
I think you can be more honest with us than that, Mhykiel. In fact, given your propensities here, I'm surprised you're not being more blunt.

Feel free to tell us that you firmly believe God will save Hindus and Buddhists and Sikhs and Balinese animists because they are holy. Please explain to us why you repudiate John 14:6 as literal truth. [https://www.biblegateway.com...]

Or else acknowledge that you accept it as literal fact, and that your city of heaven on earth will therefore be mostly full of white people, and the descendants of those they've conquered and colonised -- because those are the Christian peoples of the world.

And then as you do so, please explain to us how this is not only incontrovertibly true, but a good and just destiny for humanity.
don_juan
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/21/2015 9:53:48 PM
At 9/21/2015 9:22:11 PM, RuvDraba wrote:

Mhykiel has elected to share, promote and celebrate his own ideas of theological hate, embraced of his own free will, with like-minded people...

There is culpability here, and it resides not with the dead authors of those malignant words, but with the living who promote them: the ignorant, conceited, spiteful, fearful, twisted little souls who worship them as fact. : :

Scientists and religious people have to guess at how we were created. I don't have to guess anymore.
Harikrish
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/21/2015 9:56:36 PM

Why all the speculation, reincarnation has been around before Jesus?
don_juan
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/21/2015 10:16:32 PM
At 9/21/2015 9:29:39 PM, Mhykiel wrote:

I imagine a world of angelic like people cooperating and living on earth. That that is the final destination of those chosen by God to be saved.

The word, "angel" is a symbolic name for something that Christians don't understand. Would you like to know what it means?

This topic is to see if such a scenario is Biblically accurate.

You seem to know a lot about the christian faith. Can you point out any verses that support that the 'elected' by God will be white skinned? Or that someone who is born in a different tradition than 'christian' can not be saved?
Skepticalone
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/21/2015 10:45:57 PM

I had the same thought...
This thread is like eavesdropping on a conversation in a mental asylum. - Bulproof

Skepticalone
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/21/2015 10:52:56 PM

There is culpability here, and it resides not with the dead authors of those malignant words, but with the living who promote them: the ignorant, conceited, spiteful, fearful, twisted little souls who worship them as fact.

I believe DJ is the newest manifestation of BoG.

RuvDraba
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/21/2015 10:54:15 PM
At 9/21/2015 10:52:56 PM, Skepticalone wrote:

Whatever his official site status, BoG does a very good job of keeping me on my toes. :)
Skepticalone
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/21/2015 10:56:37 PM
At 9/21/2015 10:54:15 PM, RuvDraba wrote:
At 9/21/2015 10:52:56 PM, Skepticalone wrote:

Whatever his official site status, BoG does a very good job of keeping me on my toes. :)

It is sort of like the DDO version of 'Where's Waldo'. :-)

Hitchian
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/21/2015 11:00:15 PM

Wait, what? You believe in a literal hell?
Eternal torment in retribution for finite sins?

That's very loving. And fair. It'd be quite fair.

Your vision of Christianity is indeed morally defunct.