Jump to topic:

Can someone help me?

bulproof
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/22/2015 1:45:13 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
I want to find a town where I can take my children to the town gate and stone them to death for their disobedience, just as the author of all morality, God, commands me to do.
Can anyone point me to a god believing town like that? I'd really appreciate your help.
BTW I'll need some help with stoning my daughter on my doorstep, any help is much appreciated by me and the Lord.
Religion is just mind control. George Carlin
JJ50
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/22/2015 1:58:08 PM
At 9/22/2015 1:45:13 PM, bulproof wrote:
I want to find a town where I can take my children to the town gate and stone them to death for their disobedience, just as the author of all morality, God, commands me to do.
Can anyone point me to a god believing town like that? I'd really appreciate your help.
BTW I'll need some help with stoning my daughter on my doorstep, any help is much appreciated by me and the Lord.

NOT FUNNY!
bulproof
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/22/2015 1:59:36 PM
At 9/22/2015 1:58:08 PM, JJ50 wrote:

NOT FUNNY!

???????
Hitchian
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/22/2015 2:33:58 PM

Well, if you're up fot the task you should expand the criteria to include the ability to stone girls who are found not to be virgins on their wedding night and the ability to stone anyone who breaks the Sabbath.

I mean, these are all pearls of wisdom. And they're objectively moral too. At least that's what I'm told incessantly. Anyway, I'd say any shabby village under ISIS sovereignty will probably welcome you with open arms.

Any God that would mandate such barbaric nonsense deserves to be, not obeyed, mind you, let alone worshipped, but opposed .
bulproof
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/22/2015 2:38:10 PM
At 9/22/2015 2:33:58 PM, Hitchian wrote:

Well, if you're up fot the task you should expand the criteria to include the ability to stone girls who are found not to be virgins on their wedding night and the ability to stone anyone who breaks the Sabbath.

I mean, these are all pearls of wisdom. And they're objectively moral too. At least that's what I'm told incessantly. Anyway, I'd say any shabby village under ISIS sovereignty will probably welcome you with open arms.

Any God that would mandate such barbaric nonsense deserves to be, not obeyed, mind you, let alone worshipped, but opposed .
And here I thought I'd come to a site not influenced by satan and I could get the help I need.
BTW I mentioned my daughter on my doorstep and the help I would need for that.
Harikrish
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/22/2015 2:54:18 PM

Move to a state where pot is legal. She can get stoned anywhere she wishes and the same goes for you.
Mhykiel
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/22/2015 3:29:55 PM

If you are going by the law of Moses you still would have to convince the city elders your child is worthy of such a punishment.

But we have moved past such laws. You should kill your children in the womb, when it was legal. Becuase for them to die for something they chose to do is cruel and immoral.
bulproof
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/22/2015 3:47:49 PM
At 9/22/2015 3:29:55 PM, Mhykiel wrote:

If you are going by the law of Moses you still would have to convince the city elders your child is worthy of such a punishment.

But we have moved past such laws. You should kill your children in the womb, when it was legal. Becuase for them to die for something they chose to do is cruel and immoral.
Wait....................wait...................are YOU claiming that GOD is not the foundation of OBJECTIVE morality?
How can that be?
Are YOU claiming that morality can CHANGE and is not FIXED?
GOD is unchanging and thus all of his pronouncements on what is moral are unchanging as he says.

I'm not asking for much, just a town that accepts the morality of the almighty.
Is that to much to ask?
Otokage
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/22/2015 3:55:29 PM
At 9/22/2015 2:54:18 PM, Harikrish wrote:

Move to a state where pot is legal. She can get stoned anywhere she wishes and the same goes for you.

So that's what scripture was talking about... I have so much to learn.
PetersSmith
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/22/2015 4:02:03 PM

I recommend going to the local police department and tell them your dilemma. They will help point you in the right direction.
Empress of DDO (also Poll and Forum "Maintenance" Moderator)

"The two most important days in your life is the day you were born, and the day you find out why."
~Mark Twain

"Wow"
-Doge

"Don't believe everything you read on the internet just because there's a picture with a quote next to it."
~Abraham Lincoln

Guide to the Polls Section: http://www.debate.org...
bulproof
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/22/2015 4:03:25 PM
At 9/22/2015 4:02:03 PM, PetersSmith wrote:

I recommend going to the local police department and tell them your dilemma. They will help point you in the right direction.

In which town?
Impartial
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/22/2015 4:05:00 PM

Sure, come to mine, I'll loan you some of my slaves to help, but I can't do Sundays.
To believe is to know nothing.
PetersSmith
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/22/2015 4:05:57 PM
At 9/22/2015 4:03:25 PM, bulproof wrote:
At 9/22/2015 4:02:03 PM, PetersSmith wrote:

In which town?

"Local police department", that would mean the town/city/village/principality/polis you currently live in.
Empress of DDO (also Poll and Forum "Maintenance" Moderator)

"The two most important days in your life is the day you were born, and the day you find out why."
~Mark Twain

"Wow"
-Doge

"Don't believe everything you read on the internet just because there's a picture with a quote next to it."
~Abraham Lincoln

Guide to the Polls Section: http://www.debate.org...
DanneJeRusse
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/22/2015 4:06:47 PM

But we have moved past such laws.

Have you? Why then are they constantly being presented here as law? Isn't that a double standard?
Marrying a 6 year old and waiting until she reaches puberty and maturity before having consensual sex is better than walking up to
a stranger in a bar and proceeding to have relations with no valid proof of the intent of the person. Muhammad wins. ~ Fatihah
If they don't want to be killed then they have to subdue to the Islamic laws. - Uncung
Without God, you are lower than sh!t. ~ SpiritandTruth
desmac
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/22/2015 4:13:10 PM

You can pick and choose which laws to obey?
Mhykiel
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/22/2015 5:23:22 PM
At 9/22/2015 3:47:49 PM, bulproof wrote:

Wait....................wait...................are YOU claiming that GOD is not the foundation of OBJECTIVE morality?
How can that be?
Are YOU claiming that morality can CHANGE and is not FIXED?
GOD is unchanging and thus all of his pronouncements on what is moral are unchanging as he says.

I'm not asking for much, just a town that accepts the morality of the almighty.
Is that to much to ask?

How does God being unchanging rationally equate to his precepts being unchanging in a changing world? Plus you are equating judicial law with moral imperatives.

But I know this is a troll thread full of mockery and no substantial thought.
Mhykiel
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/22/2015 5:26:17 PM
At 9/22/2015 4:06:47 PM, DanneJeRusse wrote:

Have you? Why then are they constantly being presented here as law? Isn't that a double standard?

When have I ever stated a law of moses as a presriptive law with authority in this age?

I haven't
Mhykiel
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/22/2015 5:32:16 PM
At 9/22/2015 4:13:10 PM, desmac wrote:

Where do laws come from?

What is the point of the law?

Why obey any law?

To whom was the law of moses made for?

What is the jurisdiction of the law of moses?

This thread is a troll thread. If you understood the basics of law and government and then apply that to the relevant scripture you might have understanding.

But to answer your question I choose no law, but prefer the rule of Love under God.

One can not have a free society unless the citizenship is good, wise, and just. Paraphrasing John Adams. We certainly don't have such a citizenry
DanneJeRusse
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/22/2015 5:32:20 PM
At 9/22/2015 5:26:17 PM, Mhykiel wrote:

When have I ever stated a law of moses as a presriptive law with authority in this age?

I haven't

What about your stance on homosexuality?
Marrying a 6 year old and waiting until she reaches puberty and maturity before having consensual sex is better than walking up to
a stranger in a bar and proceeding to have relations with no valid proof of the intent of the person. Muhammad wins. ~ Fatihah
If they don't want to be killed then they have to subdue to the Islamic laws. - Uncung
Hitchian
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/22/2015 5:45:03 PM
At 9/22/2015 5:32:16 PM, Mhykiel wrote:

Where do laws come from?

Why obey any law?

This thread is a troll thread. If you understood the basics of law and government and then apply that to the relevant scripture you might have understanding.

But to answer your question I choose no law, but prefer the rule of Love under God.

One can not have a free society unless the citizenship is good, wise, and just. Paraphrasing John Adams. We certainly don't have such a citizenry

Nordic countries, where religion has retreated to a somewhat subdued position, can be shown to have some of the highest standards regarding citizenship.

Christian will tie themselves up in knots to rationalize what are abhorrent commandments in the Mosaic law. I'd like to think that should that law be still in effect today, only a very residual minority of Christians would be bent on applying them. I pay you all the compliment of assuming that.
Mhykiel
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/22/2015 6:04:06 PM
At 9/22/2015 5:32:20 PM, DanneJeRusse wrote:

I haven't

DanneJeRusse
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/22/2015 6:09:46 PM
At 9/22/2015 6:04:06 PM, Mhykiel wrote:

I haven't

I'm curious, have you actually read either the OT or NT? I doesn't appear so.

Look up Leviticus, it's all there.
Mhykiel
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/22/2015 6:34:37 PM
At 9/22/2015 5:45:03 PM, Hitchian wrote:

Where do laws come from?

Why obey any law?

Nordic countries, where religion has retreated to a somewhat subdued position, can be shown to have some of the highest standards regarding citizenship.

Christian will tie themselves up in knots to rationalize what are abhorrent commandments in the Mosaic law. I'd like to think that should that law be still in effect today, only a very residual minority of Christians would be bent on applying them. I pay you all the compliment of assuming that.

As far as examples of low religious citizenry and it's effect on countries I like how you avoided China. But Sweden is not the height of moral behavior.

Anyways I'm not taking up any mantle that the law of moses apply to anyone today.

Besides eqivocational fallacy synonymously treating legal precept with moral imperative
Mhykiel
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/22/2015 6:37:30 PM
At 9/22/2015 6:09:46 PM, DanneJeRusse wrote:
At 9/22/2015 6:04:06 PM, Mhykiel wrote:

I haven't

I'm curious, have you actually read either the OT or NT? I doesn't appear so.

Look up Leviticus, it's all there.

So you have no intention of supporting your comments with a logical and on topic argument. Got it you are a troll
DanneJeRusse
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/22/2015 6:39:01 PM
At 9/22/2015 6:34:37 PM, Mhykiel wrote:
At 9/22/2015 5:45:03 PM, Hitchian wrote:

Where do laws come from?

Why obey any law?

As far as examples of low religious citizenry and it's effect on countries I like how you avoided China. But Sweden is not the height of moral behavior.

Anyways I'm not taking up any mantle that the law of moses apply to anyone today.

Can we therefore conclude that you are accepting of homosexuality and gay marriage and would stand by their rights and freedoms?

Besides eqivocational fallacy synonymously treating legal precept with moral imperative
12_13
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/22/2015 7:58:49 PM

And what makes you think you are judge according to the Law of Moses and set by God for taht job?

You don't seem to know the rules for judging, so I don't want to help you.