Total Posts:189|Showing Posts:1-30|Last Page
Jump to topic:

How do you know which religion is true?

beng100
Posts: 1,055
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/22/2015 9:18:07 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
The majority of the worlds population is religious. However thousands of religions exist throughout the world, including minor variations of the same religion. The question for people who select a particular religeon is how do you know you are believing the true religion? You can claim proof from ancient accounts and scripture but these counter claims can be made by many other religions. How can anybody possibly believe with certainty that they are believing a true religion?
skipsaweirdo
Posts: 1,863
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/22/2015 10:16:01 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 9/22/2015 9:18:07 PM, beng100 wrote:
The majority of the worlds population is religious. However thousands of religions exist throughout the world, including minor variations of the same religion. The question for people who select a particular religeon is how do you know you are believing the true religion? You can claim proof from ancient accounts and scripture but these counter claims can be made by many other religions. How can anybody possibly believe with certainty that they are believing a true religion?

If you start with the premise God exists, then God has created all thought, languages, words, information, and philosophies for a specific reason. Therefore every religion has a purpose within the "created all" God concept. Nothing is true exactly, it is merely true as it was meant to be or represent or had a purpose for. Hence, if it's true for you, then it serves the purpose it was created for, whatever that may be. Just my opinion.
PureX
Posts: 1,522
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/23/2015 12:03:34 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 9/22/2015 9:18:07 PM, beng100 wrote:
The majority of the worlds population is religious. However thousands of religions exist throughout the world, including minor variations of the same religion. The question for people who select a particular religeon is how do you know you are believing the true religion? You can claim proof from ancient accounts and scripture but these counter claims can be made by many other religions. How can anybody possibly believe with certainty that they are believing a true religion?

All we need to know is that it is a positive, functional truth, to us.

How we conceive of "God", and how we live our lives in response to this conception is our 'religion'. How positive and effective our religion is, is something that we must decide for ourselves. And that we can't decide or control for others. So that basically, the question you're asking only matters to the ego. And according to most religion, our ego is something that we should try not to pay too much heed.
kjw47
Posts: 1,624
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/23/2015 12:05:46 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 9/22/2015 9:18:07 PM, beng100 wrote:
The majority of the worlds population is religious. However thousands of religions exist throughout the world, including minor variations of the same religion. The question for people who select a particular religeon is how do you know you are believing the true religion? You can claim proof from ancient accounts and scripture but these counter claims can be made by many other religions. How can anybody possibly believe with certainty that they are believing a true religion?

God handed everyone the key--He showed all how utterly important it is to do the following when he spoke from heaven at Jesus baptism--- This is my son the beloved, in whom I am well pleased--LISTEN TO HIM.
Listening entails learning and applying every single teaching he gave to us. Few bother though--- certain teachers assure many they are saved or born again so they do not bother to learn and apply all of Jesus truths--they failed to believe here at Matt 7:21--only those living now to do the Fathers will, get to enter his kingdom--and the Fathers will is what he spoke from heaven--so they have failed because a teacher of darkness told them something that he couldn't possible know as truth. And they believed him--Gods word calls it--ear tickling.

Trinity religions = 2Thess 2:3) a house divided will not stand( Mark 3:24-26)--1Cor 1:10 = unity of thought--no divisions= one single true religion claiming to be Christian.

Jesus taught this
Matt 6:33--Therefore, keep on seeking first the kingdom and his( Jehovah) righteousness and all these other things will be added.( sustenance, covering, spirituality) then one can accomplish this-John 4:22-24
Geogeer
Posts: 4,227
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/23/2015 2:39:13 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 9/22/2015 9:18:07 PM, beng100 wrote:
The majority of the worlds population is religious. However thousands of religions exist throughout the world, including minor variations of the same religion. The question for people who select a particular religeon is how do you know you are believing the true religion? You can claim proof from ancient accounts and scripture but these counter claims can be made by many other religions. How can anybody possibly believe with certainty that they are believing a true religion?

Which one is best explanatory of reality? Which one is best in line with what our innermost desires are? Which one is most logically consistent?

Start there and you'll go a long way.
Mhykiel
Posts: 5,987
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/23/2015 3:03:09 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 9/22/2015 9:18:07 PM, beng100 wrote:
The majority of the worlds population is religious. However thousands of religions exist throughout the world, including minor variations of the same religion. The question for people who select a particular religeon is how do you know you are believing the true religion? You can claim proof from ancient accounts and scripture but these counter claims can be made by many other religions. How can anybody possibly believe with certainty that they are believing a true religion?

How do you judge anything to be True?

That will tell you what extent of Truth you can discover.

It is also how people discern which religion is true.
Skynet
Posts: 674
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/23/2015 3:06:51 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 9/22/2015 9:18:07 PM, beng100 wrote:
The majority of the worlds population is religious. However thousands of religions exist throughout the world, including minor variations of the same religion. The question for people who select a particular religeon is how do you know you are believing the true religion? You can claim proof from ancient accounts and scripture but these counter claims can be made by many other religions. How can anybody possibly believe with certainty that they are believing a true religion?

You have to examine the claims and counter claims. Just because someone makes a claim, doesn't mean it's true, and just because someone makes a counter claim doesn't mean the claim isn't true. You have to dig deeper than that.
One perk to being a dad is you get to watch cartoons again without explaining yourself.
Electric-Eccentric
Posts: 1,309
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/23/2015 3:28:39 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
ALL religions are false as they are ALL man made superstitious inspired concepts.

Religion is much like soda pop, what soda pop is the best and WHY is it the best?
Life is what YOU make it,
Most just try and fake it...
uncung
Posts: 3,433
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/23/2015 3:55:51 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 9/22/2015 9:18:07 PM, beng100 wrote:
The majority of the worlds population is religious. However thousands of religions exist throughout the world, including minor variations of the same religion. The question for people who select a particular religeon is how do you know you are believing the true religion? You can claim proof from ancient accounts and scripture but these counter claims can be made by many other religions. How can anybody possibly believe with certainty that they are believing a true religion?

we able to prove the truth of true religion by examining it. If it diametrical with scientific stuff and or oppose the facts then it is not worthy as true religion, no matter how the followers effort to believe.
The true religion is backed by proof, tangible evidence, scientific facts and the logic teaching.
45colt
Posts: 7
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/23/2015 4:00:29 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 9/22/2015 9:18:07 PM, beng100 wrote:
The majority of the worlds population is religious. However thousands of religions exist throughout the world, including minor variations of the same religion. The question for people who select a particular religeon is how do you know you are believing the true religion? You can claim proof from ancient accounts and scripture but these counter claims can be made by many other religions. How can anybody possibly believe with certainty that they are believing a true religion? : :

No religion is the true religion. If God has revealed himself to you without religion, then you know what is true.
uncung
Posts: 3,433
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/23/2015 4:07:35 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
No religion is the true religion. If God has revealed himself to you without religion, then you know what is true.

there is a true religion.
45colt
Posts: 7
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/23/2015 4:09:15 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 9/23/2015 4:07:35 AM, uncung wrote:
No religion is the true religion. If God has revealed himself to you without religion, then you know what is true.

there is a true religion. : :

No there isn't. All religions came into being after men started building false gods with their human hands.
Electric-Eccentric
Posts: 1,309
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/23/2015 4:19:50 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
You sure are confused Brad, How can humans build anything with their hands if you claim that we have no earthly bodies as it's all just VIBRATIONS that you receive from some sort of GOD that you have created within your deluded reality?

Are YOU the "one" that is causing the problem as you are the last saint that is the VOICE of the GOD that you "follow"?

You seem to have a confused GOD sending you those vibrations that you keep mixing up.

Is it the GOD that is causing the problem, or is it the last saint that is causing the problem?
Life is what YOU make it,
Most just try and fake it...
45colt
Posts: 7
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/23/2015 5:55:30 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 9/23/2015 4:19:50 AM, Electric-Eccentric wrote:
You sure are confused Brad, How can humans build anything with their hands if you claim that we have no earthly bodies as it's all just VIBRATIONS that you receive from some sort of GOD that you have created within your deluded reality? : :

Stupid people don't listen very well.

Are YOU the "one" that is causing the problem as you are the last saint that is the VOICE of the GOD that you "follow"?

I don't follow anyone. I speak for our Creator.

You seem to have a confused GOD sending you those vibrations that you keep mixing up.

You don't know our Creator.

Is it the GOD that is causing the problem, or is it the last saint that is causing the problem? : :

Our Creator is responsible for everything that He created.
Electric-Eccentric
Posts: 1,309
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/23/2015 7:16:02 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 9/23/2015 5:55:30 AM, 45colt wrote:
At 9/23/2015 4:19:50 AM, Electric-Eccentric wrote:
You sure are confused Brad, How can humans build anything with their hands if you claim that we have no earthly bodies as it's all just VIBRATIONS that you receive from some sort of GOD that you have created within your deluded reality? : :

Stupid people don't listen very well.

Are YOU the "one" that is causing the problem as you are the last saint that is the VOICE of the GOD that you "follow"?

I don't follow anyone. I speak for our Creator.

You seem to have a confused GOD sending you those vibrations that you keep mixing up.

You don't know our Creator.

Is it the GOD that is causing the problem, or is it the last saint that is causing the problem? : :

Our Creator is responsible for everything that He created.

EE: It is very TRUE that you don't LISTEN as you vibrate.

When you say "our creator", just WHO is the OUR?

How many of you are there in your endless loop?

I "hear" you very well, it is you that has the "hearing" problem it seems as you are so busy vibrating and going in a endless loop that I and others have what you say and claim memorized better then you seem to have as you can't even "put together" all that you say and claim in any sort of order.

But you just keep on vibrating and you just might shake some sense into yourself, or not.
Life is what YOU make it,
Most just try and fake it...
uncung
Posts: 3,433
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/23/2015 8:32:40 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 9/23/2015 4:09:15 AM, 45colt wrote:
At 9/23/2015 4:07:35 AM, uncung wrote:
No religion is the true religion. If God has revealed himself to you without religion, then you know what is true.

there is a true religion. : :

No there isn't. All religions came into being after men started building false gods with their human hands.

only one true religion, the other else are false.
desmac
Posts: 5,078
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/23/2015 10:53:53 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 9/23/2015 1:40:45 AM, IntellectVsSpirit5000 wrote:
Because God keeps answering my most difficult of prayer requests to answer in the name of Jesus Christ.

Please pray for a cure for cancer and an end to famine.
desmac
Posts: 5,078
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/23/2015 10:56:37 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 9/23/2015 8:32:40 AM, uncung wrote:
At 9/23/2015 4:09:15 AM, 45colt wrote:
At 9/23/2015 4:07:35 AM, uncung wrote:
No religion is the true religion. If God has revealed himself to you without religion, then you know what is true.

there is a true religion. : :

No there isn't. All religions came into being after men started building false gods with their human hands.

only one true religion, the other else are false.

Thats what they ALL say.
uncung
Posts: 3,433
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/23/2015 11:41:57 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 9/23/2015 10:56:37 AM, desmac wrote:
At 9/23/2015 8:32:40 AM, uncung wrote:
At 9/23/2015 4:09:15 AM, 45colt wrote:
At 9/23/2015 4:07:35 AM, uncung wrote:
No religion is the true religion. If God has revealed himself to you without religion, then you know what is true.

there is a true religion. : :

No there isn't. All religions came into being after men started building false gods with their human hands.

only one true religion, the other else are false.

Thats what they ALL say.

if they claim theirs are true yet theirs contradict with science for instance, then theirs are not worthy as the true religions.
Electric-Eccentric
Posts: 1,309
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/23/2015 12:01:27 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 9/23/2015 10:53:53 AM, desmac wrote:
At 9/23/2015 1:40:45 AM, IntellectVsSpirit5000 wrote:
Because God keeps answering my most difficult of prayer requests to answer in the name of Jesus Christ.

Please pray for a cure for cancer and an end to famine.

EE: Maybe if many more started to grow up and be responsible for themselves and the world around them the cancers caused by so called science and the famine and many other problems could also be less destructive then they are after such "government projects" such as the HARPP program for weather manipulation.

If you study on WHAT causes cancers and most other inherited diseases you would find that the BOTTOM LINE always comes down to changes in the human DNA from the ENVIRONMENT.

Are all the poisons that mankind "invents" worth the suffering of the small children that are sick and never smoked tobacco, drank booze, ate asbestos and such?

A world in DENIAL of the HONEST TRUTH and FACTS that are there IF you choose to see and understand them.

The ANSWERS are THERE much like the story of Jesus and the Pharisees. The many wanted to believe what tickled their ears and excited their eyes and DENY ANYTHING that got in the way of their deceptions and lies called good.

ALL religion is false and made up just as all other fantasy and fictional fueled superstitious nonsense is.

Is Mighty Mouse more mighty then Superman is super?

People could argue and "debate" for thousands of years on that one and still never find a solution or conclusion, IF they wanted to try and follow and believe in the make believe and pretend characters in the same way that the so called religious try and do.

The so called scriptures are just made up stories, poems and such showing the NATURE of mankind and their ways.

Did what I wrote bother your DENIAL of the TRUTH that makes you want to try and make me go away like a bad dream where the bank comes and takes your $TUFF away because you didn't pay as "promised"?
Life is what YOU make it,
Most just try and fake it...
12_13
Posts: 1,361
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/23/2015 2:06:37 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 9/22/2015 9:18:07 PM, beng100 wrote:
The question for people who select a particular religeon is how do you know you are believing the true religion?

I don"t believe in religion, I believe what the Bible tells. I think that is better than believing in any religion. :)
Harikrish
Posts: 11,005
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/23/2015 2:32:18 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 9/23/2015 3:28:39 AM, Electric-Eccentric wrote:
ALL religions are false as they are ALL man made superstitious inspired concepts.

Religion is much like soda pop, what soda pop is the best and WHY is it the best?

And like all soda pops quench your thirst, so too does religion quench your spiritual thirst.
beng100
Posts: 1,055
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/23/2015 2:56:35 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 9/23/2015 2:06:37 PM, 12_13 wrote:
At 9/22/2015 9:18:07 PM, beng100 wrote:
The question for people who select a particular religeon is how do you know you are believing the true religion?

I don"t believe in religion, I believe what the Bible tells. I think that is better than believing in any religion. :)

The bible is a religious scripture, so if you don't believe in religeon why do you believe in religeous scripture? How do you know the bible is true?
janesix
Posts: 3,446
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/23/2015 6:49:22 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
No religions are true. Some may have some truth, but truth is filtered through man's subjective experience.
Electric-Eccentric
Posts: 1,309
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/23/2015 8:00:39 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
The so called bible/scriptures are NOT a BOOK in the sense that most books are.

It is not like a Harry Potter book where there is one author and a certain PLOT and assorted characters that make up the story.

The bible/scriptures are more like a COOK BOOK where there are many recipes from many that are put in a certain order even tho they are separate from the other recipes.

If you try and take a cook book and start mixing recipes together you would end up with some mixed up food dishes that wouldn't be very tasty for most.

There is a lot that can be learned from the scriptures IF you view it as it is, a COLLECTION of stories, poems and such that when viewed for what they are in TRUTH can show WHY the world is the way that it is and WHY the many of the people ACT the way that they do.

I have learned about myself and others from reading the stories, poems and such.

But most prefer their deceptions and lies called good and if you don't believe in the possibility of fantasy and fiction becoming a reality,

it won't come "true".

Seems to be a lot of upset, unhappy and confused people waiting for the MAGIC and miracles to happen some day.

It is easy to make things up that seem like a possible reality when it's been in the making for thousands of years.

Politics has many deceived into believing in it as something much more then it is in truth and reality.

Tell people what they want to hear, even if it's NOT a possibility in reality.

The confused by choice will believe what they choose to try and believe.

Today we have religion with the Disney wish and it will come true magic.

The magic of religion where things of the magical nature happen somewhere off in a far far away land and time.
Life is what YOU make it,
Most just try and fake it...
chime
Posts: 6
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/23/2015 8:58:18 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
Religion is a generic term used to describe a belief usually in a God or gods but it can also include an act that someone does in a religious fashion like going to the bar for a drink on Fridays or going to the gym.

The difference between religion as a belief system and Christianity is based on the idea of works vs faith. Religion says that mankind can reach up to God by their own efforts and performing specific works/acts will generally save them from eternal destruction whereas Christianity is about God reaching down to mankind in the form of a man, to save mankind.

For by grace you have been saved through faith, and that not of yourselves; it is the gift of God, Ephesians 2:8
12_13
Posts: 1,361
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/25/2015 6:43:03 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 9/23/2015 2:56:35 PM, beng100 wrote:
The bible is a religious scripture, so if you don't believe in religeon why do you believe in religeous scripture?

What means religious scripture? Is the Origin of species also religious book?

How do you know the bible is true?

Because it seems to be correct about all it says. For example love is greatest. I find that to be true. Also murdering is wrong, I think that is true, because people don"t have right to that. In my opinion Bible has great true wisdom that can"t be revoked.
beng100
Posts: 1,055
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/25/2015 7:21:33 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 9/25/2015 6:43:03 PM, 12_13 wrote:
At 9/23/2015 2:56:35 PM, beng100 wrote:
The bible is a religious scripture, so if you don't believe in religeon why do you believe in religeous scripture?

What means religious scripture? Is the Origin of species also religious book?

How do you know the bible is true?

Because it seems to be correct about all it says. For example love is greatest. I find that to be true. Also murdering is wrong, I think that is true, because people don"t have right to that. In my opinion Bible has great true wisdom that can"t be revoked.

Talk about stating the obvious! It does not require religious scripture to work that out! The bible is full of mythical exadurations of alleged events hundreds of years before the author wrote about it. How is the origin of species religious scripture? It mentions nothing of God's.