Total Posts:34|Showing Posts:1-30|Last Page
Jump to topic:

YYW on the Religion Forum

Geogeer
Posts: 4,280
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/23/2015 2:25:16 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 9/23/2015 2:17:37 AM, YYW wrote:
These are stupid:

Atheism v. Theism

Any religion v. any other religion

True, and yet since the search for the truth is the greatest question, there is ultimately nothing more valuable in discussing.
DanneJeRusse
Posts: 12,633
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/23/2015 2:27:25 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 9/23/2015 2:17:37 AM, YYW wrote:
These are stupid:

Atheism v. Theism

Any religion v. any other religion

Wow, two threads in the same day, both with your username in the title along with one of the most brilliant OP's I've read in a long time, well thought out, intelligent and insightful.

Can I get your autograph?
Marrying a 6 year old and waiting until she reaches puberty and maturity before having consensual sex is better than walking up to
a stranger in a bar and proceeding to have relations with no valid proof of the intent of the person. Muhammad wins. ~ Fatihah
If they don't want to be killed then they have to subdue to the Islamic laws. - Uncung
Without God, you are lower than sh!t. ~ SpiritandTruth
YYW
Posts: 36,355
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/23/2015 2:30:17 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 9/23/2015 2:25:16 AM, Geogeer wrote:
At 9/23/2015 2:17:37 AM, YYW wrote:
These are stupid:

Atheism v. Theism

Any religion v. any other religion

True, and yet since the search for the truth is the greatest question, there is ultimately nothing more valuable in discussing.

If you think that you will find the truth here, I've got some bad news for you...
Tsar of DDO
YYW
Posts: 36,355
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/23/2015 2:30:36 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 9/23/2015 2:27:25 AM, DanneJeRusse wrote:
At 9/23/2015 2:17:37 AM, YYW wrote:
These are stupid:

Atheism v. Theism

Any religion v. any other religion

Wow, two threads in the same day, both with your username in the title along with one of the most brilliant OP's I've read in a long time, well thought out, intelligent and insightful.

Can I get your autograph?

No.
Tsar of DDO
Geogeer
Posts: 4,280
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/23/2015 2:37:13 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 9/23/2015 2:30:17 AM, YYW wrote:
At 9/23/2015 2:25:16 AM, Geogeer wrote:
At 9/23/2015 2:17:37 AM, YYW wrote:
These are stupid:

Atheism v. Theism

Any religion v. any other religion

True, and yet since the search for the truth is the greatest question, there is ultimately nothing more valuable in discussing.

If you think that you will find the truth here, I've got some bad news for you...

No, but in discussing you always learn some new element of it.
jodybirdy
Posts: 2,089
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/23/2015 2:44:33 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 9/23/2015 2:30:17 AM, YYW wrote:
At 9/23/2015 2:25:16 AM, Geogeer wrote:
At 9/23/2015 2:17:37 AM, YYW wrote:
These are stupid:

Atheism v. Theism

Any religion v. any other religion

True, and yet since the search for the truth is the greatest question, there is ultimately nothing more valuable in discussing.

If you think that you will find the truth here, I've got some bad news for you...

There is no truth here. Only opinion. And yours is no different.
A rock pile ceases to be a rock pile the moment a single man contemplates it, bearing within him the image of a cathedral."
YYW
Posts: 36,355
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/23/2015 2:45:56 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 9/23/2015 2:44:33 AM, jodybirdy wrote:
At 9/23/2015 2:30:17 AM, YYW wrote:
At 9/23/2015 2:25:16 AM, Geogeer wrote:
At 9/23/2015 2:17:37 AM, YYW wrote:
These are stupid:

Atheism v. Theism

Any religion v. any other religion

True, and yet since the search for the truth is the greatest question, there is ultimately nothing more valuable in discussing.

If you think that you will find the truth here, I've got some bad news for you...

There is no truth here. Only opinion. And yours is no different.

There is truth; truth in what you can know, and what you can't know. But you're using "truth" differently than I was, and in that way, your scope shift is not really appropriate.
Tsar of DDO
Geogeer
Posts: 4,280
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/23/2015 2:49:12 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 9/23/2015 2:44:33 AM, jodybirdy wrote:
At 9/23/2015 2:30:17 AM, YYW wrote:
At 9/23/2015 2:25:16 AM, Geogeer wrote:
At 9/23/2015 2:17:37 AM, YYW wrote:
These are stupid:

Atheism v. Theism

Any religion v. any other religion

True, and yet since the search for the truth is the greatest question, there is ultimately nothing more valuable in discussing.

If you think that you will find the truth here, I've got some bad news for you...

There is no truth here. Only opinion. And yours is no different.

Lol... the irony of that statement...
YYW
Posts: 36,355
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/23/2015 2:49:41 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 9/23/2015 2:49:12 AM, Geogeer wrote:
At 9/23/2015 2:44:33 AM, jodybirdy wrote:
At 9/23/2015 2:30:17 AM, YYW wrote:
At 9/23/2015 2:25:16 AM, Geogeer wrote:
At 9/23/2015 2:17:37 AM, YYW wrote:
These are stupid:

Atheism v. Theism

Any religion v. any other religion

True, and yet since the search for the truth is the greatest question, there is ultimately nothing more valuable in discussing.

If you think that you will find the truth here, I've got some bad news for you...

There is no truth here. Only opinion. And yours is no different.

Lol... the irony of that statement...

haha I know...
Tsar of DDO
jodybirdy
Posts: 2,089
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/23/2015 2:55:30 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 9/23/2015 2:45:56 AM, YYW wrote:
At 9/23/2015 2:44:33 AM, jodybirdy wrote:
At 9/23/2015 2:30:17 AM, YYW wrote:
At 9/23/2015 2:25:16 AM, Geogeer wrote:
At 9/23/2015 2:17:37 AM, YYW wrote:
These are stupid:

Atheism v. Theism

Any religion v. any other religion

True, and yet since the search for the truth is the greatest question, there is ultimately nothing more valuable in discussing.

If you think that you will find the truth here, I've got some bad news for you...

There is no truth here. Only opinion. And yours is no different.

There is truth; truth in what you can know, and what you can't know. But you're using "truth" differently than I was, and in that way, your scope shift is not really appropriate.

What do I mean by the word truth? Please... enlighten me. I have shifted nothing. I think that your OP is very inappropriate and lacks any argument or proof to support the point you are trying to make.
A rock pile ceases to be a rock pile the moment a single man contemplates it, bearing within him the image of a cathedral."
DanneJeRusse
Posts: 12,633
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/23/2015 2:58:17 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 9/23/2015 2:30:36 AM, YYW wrote:
At 9/23/2015 2:27:25 AM, DanneJeRusse wrote:
At 9/23/2015 2:17:37 AM, YYW wrote:
These are stupid:

Atheism v. Theism

Any religion v. any other religion

Wow, two threads in the same day, both with your username in the title along with one of the most brilliant OP's I've read in a long time, well thought out, intelligent and insightful.

Can I get your autograph?

No.

That's unfortunate, I'm sure I could have got big money on ebay for it considering you're the most interesting man on the planet.
Marrying a 6 year old and waiting until she reaches puberty and maturity before having consensual sex is better than walking up to
a stranger in a bar and proceeding to have relations with no valid proof of the intent of the person. Muhammad wins. ~ Fatihah
If they don't want to be killed then they have to subdue to the Islamic laws. - Uncung
Without God, you are lower than sh!t. ~ SpiritandTruth
Mhykiel
Posts: 5,987
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/23/2015 2:58:39 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 9/23/2015 2:17:37 AM, YYW wrote:
These are stupid:

Atheism v. Theism

Any religion v. any other religion

2 heads are better than one. 2 arguing heads are better than 2 in accord.
jodybirdy
Posts: 2,089
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/23/2015 3:04:18 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 9/23/2015 2:58:39 AM, Mhykiel wrote:
At 9/23/2015 2:17:37 AM, YYW wrote:
These are stupid:

Atheism v. Theism

Any religion v. any other religion

2 heads are better than one. 2 arguing heads are better than 2 in accord.

Amen... I can't argue with that. No wait! You're wrong! ;)
A rock pile ceases to be a rock pile the moment a single man contemplates it, bearing within him the image of a cathedral."
YYW
Posts: 36,355
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/23/2015 3:15:26 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
That's all for tonight, folks.

This forum is what it has always been; of that, we may all rest assured.
Tsar of DDO
jodybirdy
Posts: 2,089
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/23/2015 3:35:26 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 9/23/2015 3:15:26 AM, YYW wrote:
That's all for tonight, folks.

This forum is what it has always been; of that, we may all rest assured.

You demonstrated absolutely nothing. You started a couple of threads... for obvious reasons. Then you either ignored or insulted everyone who tried to counter your argument. You are trying to demonstrate that this forum is garbage, but all you did was contribute garbage.

It's like walking into a messy room, announcing it's a pigsty and then emptying a bag of putrid garbage onto the floor. Your attempt at making a point was pathetic. Good going.
A rock pile ceases to be a rock pile the moment a single man contemplates it, bearing within him the image of a cathedral."
YYW
Posts: 36,355
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/23/2015 4:28:02 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 9/23/2015 3:35:26 AM, jodybirdy wrote:
At 9/23/2015 3:15:26 AM, YYW wrote:
That's all for tonight, folks.

This forum is what it has always been; of that, we may all rest assured.

You demonstrated absolutely nothing. You started a couple of threads... for obvious reasons.

If the reasons were obvious then you would have been able to clearly get them, which you have not done, meaning that they were not obvious.

If you want to talk to me about *why* I made these two posts, all you have to do is ask.

I'm of course aware of the fact that, in that this is the forum in which you are primarily active, and in that I have said a few critical words about the totality of this forum, you're going to have a less than favorable response to what I said.

But I don't know enough about you -or care to learn, regarding the same- for you to have any reason to take anything I said here personally, or any reason to believe that what I said was intended in a personal way.

So, theorize at the risk of your being wrong, and be wary of that. If you are genuinely confused, then ask.
Tsar of DDO
bulproof
Posts: 25,274
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/23/2015 4:31:01 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 9/23/2015 3:15:26 AM, YYW wrote:
That's all for tonight, folks.

This forum is what it has always been; of that, we may all rest assured.

That's the same tin whistle, you can get them with a different pitch don't ya know.
Religion is just mind control. George Carlin
Fly
Posts: 2,047
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/23/2015 4:33:06 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
*Rod Serling emerges, dapper, as usual*

"YYW is a man who, in a fit of ennui, dares to probe the darkest, most foreboding corner of DDO whereupon he comes face to face with... himself-- an otherwise unanticipated meeting that is inevitable... in The Twilight Zone."

"Dun dun DUN!" *Fade to black*
"You don't have a right to be a jerk."
--Religion Forum's hypocrite extraordinaire serving up lulz
YYW
Posts: 36,355
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/23/2015 4:35:20 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 9/23/2015 4:33:06 AM, Fly wrote:
*Rod Serling emerges, dapper, as usual*

"YYW is a man who, in a fit of ennui, dares to probe the darkest, most foreboding corner of DDO whereupon he comes face to face with... himself-- an otherwise unanticipated meeting that is inevitable... in The Twilight Zone."

"Dun dun DUN!" *Fade to black*

lol

That was pretty clever.
Tsar of DDO
jodybirdy
Posts: 2,089
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/23/2015 4:35:54 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 9/23/2015 4:28:02 AM, YYW wrote:
At 9/23/2015 3:35:26 AM, jodybirdy wrote:
At 9/23/2015 3:15:26 AM, YYW wrote:
That's all for tonight, folks.

This forum is what it has always been; of that, we may all rest assured.

You demonstrated absolutely nothing. You started a couple of threads... for obvious reasons.

If the reasons were obvious then you would have been able to clearly get them, which you have not done, meaning that they were not obvious.

If you want to talk to me about *why* I made these two posts, all you have to do is ask.

I'm of course aware of the fact that, in that this is the forum in which you are primarily active, and in that I have said a few critical words about the totality of this forum, you're going to have a less than favorable response to what I said.

But I don't know enough about you -or care to learn, regarding the same- for you to have any reason to take anything I said here personally, or any reason to believe that what I said was intended in a personal way.

So, theorize at the risk of your being wrong, and be wary of that. If you are genuinely confused, then ask.

No confusion. Just because I post to this particular forum regularly doesn't mean I haven't read the others. Be assured that I know your method of operation. You're transparent.
A rock pile ceases to be a rock pile the moment a single man contemplates it, bearing within him the image of a cathedral."
IntellectVsSpirit5000
Posts: 1,266
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/23/2015 4:36:58 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
If I am wrong, nothing happens. If Atheists are wrong, it would be spiritual suicide. Sadly for the hardened hearted Atheist, they will never know my freedom, joy, and my inner peace unless they come to Christ ernestly. Enquire about Christ. He can Chang your life.
YYW
Posts: 36,355
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/23/2015 4:37:39 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 9/23/2015 4:35:54 AM, jodybirdy wrote:
No confusion. Just because I post to this particular forum regularly doesn't mean I haven't read the others. Be assured that I know your method of operation. You're transparent.

I am a "what you see is what you get" kind of guy, yes.
Tsar of DDO
DanneJeRusse
Posts: 12,633
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/23/2015 5:00:48 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 9/23/2015 3:15:26 AM, YYW wrote:
That's all for tonight, folks.

Promises, promises...
Marrying a 6 year old and waiting until she reaches puberty and maturity before having consensual sex is better than walking up to
a stranger in a bar and proceeding to have relations with no valid proof of the intent of the person. Muhammad wins. ~ Fatihah
If they don't want to be killed then they have to subdue to the Islamic laws. - Uncung
Without God, you are lower than sh!t. ~ SpiritandTruth
RuvDraba
Posts: 6,033
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/23/2015 5:02:26 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 9/23/2015 2:17:37 AM, YYW wrote:
These are stupid:

Atheism v. Theism

Any religion v. any other religion

Attention-junkie compelled to put his own handle in every subject v. hope of a constructive -- or at least interesting -- conversation?

On a site where even ratbags can be fun, for the crime of DUBAW, which is to say: being a Disingenuous, Unrepentantly Boring Attention-Whore, I hereby consign you, YYW, to the Blocklist of Ruv. And if you think that's a minor punishment, be advised that you're presently there alone -- in a purgatory of scorn and disdain that even Harikrish has managed to escape.

Muahahahaha.
YYW
Posts: 36,355
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/23/2015 5:02:28 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 9/23/2015 5:00:48 AM, DanneJeRusse wrote:
At 9/23/2015 3:15:26 AM, YYW wrote:
That's all for tonight, folks.

Promises, promises...

So, are you no one, or does someone care?
Tsar of DDO
YYW
Posts: 36,355
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/23/2015 5:03:19 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 9/23/2015 5:02:26 AM, RuvDraba wrote:
At 9/23/2015 2:17:37 AM, YYW wrote:
These are stupid:

Atheism v. Theism

Any religion v. any other religion

Attention-junkie compelled to put his own handle in every subject v. hope of a constructive -- or at least interesting -- conversation?

On a site where even ratbags can be fun, for the crime of DUBAW, which is to say: being a Disingenuous, Unrepentantly Boring Attention-Whore, I hereby consign you, YYW, to the Blocklist of Ruv. And if you think that's a minor punishment, be advised that you're presently there alone -- in a purgatory of scorn and disdain that even Harikrish has managed to escape.

Muahahahaha.

Et tu.
Tsar of DDO
bulproof
Posts: 25,274
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/23/2015 5:27:43 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 9/23/2015 4:36:58 AM, IntellectVsSpirit5000 wrote:
If I am wrong, nothing happens. If Atheists are wrong, it would be spiritual suicide. Sadly for the hardened hearted Atheist, they will never know my freedom, joy, and my inner peace unless they come to Christ ernestly. Enquire about Christ. He can Chang your life.
Well just like everything else that has ever or will ever live on this planet you are going to die, that's called life for the petrifyingly afraid.
The stories created by cavemen about crossing over to a new better life are just that, stories to pacify a frightened ignorant psyche.
Hold on tight you won't know you were wrong.
Religion is just mind control. George Carlin
DanneJeRusse
Posts: 12,633
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/23/2015 5:35:14 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 9/23/2015 5:03:19 AM, YYW wrote:
At 9/23/2015 5:02:26 AM, RuvDraba wrote:
At 9/23/2015 2:17:37 AM, YYW wrote:
These are stupid:

Atheism v. Theism

Any religion v. any other religion

Attention-junkie compelled to put his own handle in every subject v. hope of a constructive -- or at least interesting -- conversation?

On a site where even ratbags can be fun, for the crime of DUBAW, which is to say: being a Disingenuous, Unrepentantly Boring Attention-Whore, I hereby consign you, YYW, to the Blocklist of Ruv. And if you think that's a minor punishment, be advised that you're presently there alone -- in a purgatory of scorn and disdain that even Harikrish has managed to escape.

Muahahahaha.

Et tu.

That phrase is used in the form of a question, "and you?" The correct phrase in this case is Et vos.
Marrying a 6 year old and waiting until she reaches puberty and maturity before having consensual sex is better than walking up to
a stranger in a bar and proceeding to have relations with no valid proof of the intent of the person. Muhammad wins. ~ Fatihah
If they don't want to be killed then they have to subdue to the Islamic laws. - Uncung
Without God, you are lower than sh!t. ~ SpiritandTruth
Burzmali
Posts: 1,310
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/23/2015 5:36:21 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 9/23/2015 4:36:58 AM, IntellectVsSpirit5000 wrote:
If I am wrong, nothing happens. If Atheists are wrong, it would be spiritual suicide. Sadly for the hardened hearted Atheist, they will never know my freedom, joy, and my inner peace unless they come to Christ ernestly. Enquire about Christ. He can Chang your life.

I do so enjoy when the enslaved talk about how free they are and try to convince others to embrace the liberty of the yoke.