Jump to topic:

Atheists

harrytruman
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/24/2015 5:14:11 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
Atheists don"t believe that monkeys exist because they never saw one, they also think that any pictures of monkeys are hoaxes, and that anyone who says they seen a monkey has been smelling air freshener, and that any monkeys you see at the zoo are animatronics, and that thousands of people have dedicated their lives to tricking you into thinking monkeys exist even though they don"t get any form of return out of it.
birdlandmemories
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/24/2015 5:20:52 AM
At 9/24/2015 5:14:11 AM, harrytruman wrote:
Atheists don"t believe that monkeys exist because they never saw one, they also think that any pictures of monkeys are hoaxes, and that anyone who says they seen a monkey has been smelling air freshener, and that any monkeys you see at the zoo are animatronics, and that thousands of people have dedicated their lives to tricking you into thinking monkeys exist even though they don"t get any form of return out of it.

Huh? Please clarify...
Ashton
Skepticalone
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/24/2015 5:22:49 AM

Now that you've mentioned it, I realize I don't believe in monkeys - mind blown. You must be psycho..ahem...psychic!
This thread is like eavesdropping on a conversation in a mental asylum. - Bulproof

You can call your invisible friends whatever you like. - Desmac

What the hell kind of coked up sideshow has this thread turned into. - Casten
harrytruman
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/24/2015 5:30:38 AM
At 9/24/2015 5:22:49 AM, Skepticalone wrote:

Now that you've mentioned it, I realize I don't believe in monkeys - mind blown. You must be psycho..ahem...psychic!

all of planet earth is California and Nevada, because Ive only been to those two states
bulproof
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/24/2015 5:37:06 AM
At 9/24/2015 5:30:38 AM, harrytruman wrote:

all of planet earth is California and Nevada, because Ive only been to those two states
Untrue.
You live in the state of insanity, that makes three.
Religion is just mind control. George Carlin
harrytruman
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/24/2015 6:03:14 AM
At 9/24/2015 5:37:06 AM, bulproof wrote:

Untrue.
how so?
harrytruman
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/24/2015 6:03:50 AM

Untrue.
now you're just flaming.
bulproof
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/24/2015 6:10:49 AM
At 9/24/2015 6:03:50 AM, harrytruman wrote:

Untrue.
now you're just flaming.

No sweety I'm responding kind with kind.
Religion is just mind control. George Carlin
jodybirdy
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/24/2015 7:13:31 AM
At 9/24/2015 6:10:49 AM, bulproof wrote:
At 9/24/2015 6:03:50 AM, harrytruman wrote:

Untrue.
now you're just flaming.

No sweety I'm responding kind with kind.

It's so cute when the children create silly forum topics, isn't it? I just want to pinch their chubby widdle cheeks before their mums send them off to bed with a glass of milk.
A rock pile ceases to be a rock pile the moment a single man contemplates it, bearing within him the image of a cathedral."
Wylted
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/24/2015 7:22:43 AM

Total mind fvck. It's like you can see inside my head
RuvDraba
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/24/2015 7:58:54 AM

Except that primatologists don't tax you, vilify you, legislate against you, persecute you, or tell you how to run your life.

If they did, you'd want to see the damn monkey they said told them to.
YaHey
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/24/2015 8:39:31 AM

Does any atheist or person actually believe the whole "I have to see it to believe it" thing? We've calculated Pluto's orbit without ever actually seeing it. We've discovered subatomic particles without ever seeing those either. The difference is we have evidence of them, and there is no evidence for god that is compelling or stands up to scrutiny. My disbelief in god isn't because I've never seen him, it's because nobody has ever seen him, detected him, or proved that he is there.
Fkkize
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/24/2015 8:49:05 AM
At 9/24/2015 8:39:31 AM, YaHey wrote:
Does any atheist or person actually believe the whole "I have to see it to believe it" thing?

No, I thinks it's a deliberate strawman.
: At 7/2/2016 3:05:07 PM, Rational_Thinker9119 wrote:
:
: space contradicts logic
joetheripper117
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/24/2015 10:29:42 AM

No, atheists do not believe in a god. The difference between gods and monkeys is that there is empirical evidence of the existence of monkeys.
"By all means let's be open-minded, but not so open-minded that our brains drop out."
-Richard Dawkins
"The onus is on you to say why; the onus is not on the rest of us to say why not."
-Richard Dawkins
Otokage
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/24/2015 10:49:10 AM

They must be low on IQ on California and Nevada then. I'll write Obama to improve school milk.
DanneJeRusse
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/24/2015 3:44:49 PM

Then, how do you explain Donald Trump who was the result of a union twixt human and orangutan?

https://encrypted-tbn3.gstatic.com...
Marrying a 6 year old and waiting until she reaches puberty and maturity before having consensual sex is better than walking up to
a stranger in a bar and proceeding to have relations with no valid proof of the intent of the person. Muhammad wins. ~ Fatihah
If they don't want to be killed then they have to subdue to the Islamic laws. - Uncung
Without God, you are lower than sh!t. ~ SpiritandTruth
harrytruman
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/24/2015 7:26:19 PM
At 9/24/2015 10:49:10 AM, Otokage wrote:

They must be low on IQ on California and Nevada then. I'll write Obama to improve school milk.
I wasn't being literal ob course
Hitchian
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/24/2015 7:30:22 PM

Flamebait post.

Quite poorly written, very poorly argued, I say, surely this post is a reflection of its author, not of any atheist I know.
Skepticalone
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/24/2015 9:35:36 PM
At 9/24/2015 8:39:31 AM, YaHey wrote:

Does any atheist or person actually believe the whole "I have to see it to believe it" thing? We've calculated Pluto's orbit without ever actually seeing it. We've discovered subatomic particles without ever seeing those either. The difference is we have evidence of them, and there is no evidence for god that is compelling or stands up to scrutiny. My disbelief in god isn't because I've never seen him, it's because nobody has ever seen him, detected him, or proved that he is there.

Nah, Yahey, that is just a strawman by the OP.
This thread is like eavesdropping on a conversation in a mental asylum. - Bulproof

You can call your invisible friends whatever you like. - Desmac

What the hell kind of coked up sideshow has this thread turned into. - Casten
Otokage
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/24/2015 9:49:04 PM
At 9/24/2015 7:26:19 PM, harrytruman wrote:

And on the contrary, I was pretty literal about your IQ...
MaxSterling
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/24/2015 9:55:45 PM
At 9/24/2015 9:53:42 PM, dhardage wrote:
Ok, either troll or just really, really ignorant. I'm taking bets on which one.

$5.00 on sock acc. or troll
"But why do you want REVENGE?!"

"I HAVE REASONS!!!!!"
JenkinsThePole
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/24/2015 11:06:32 PM
I had to put a helmet on after reading this.
dhardage
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/25/2015 1:25:14 PM
At 9/24/2015 11:06:32 PM, JenkinsThePole wrote:
I had to put a helmet on after reading this.

I had to roll up my pantlegs to avoid the s**t that just kept getting deeper.
harrytruman
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/26/2015 2:39:44 AM
At 9/24/2015 7:58:54 AM, RuvDraba wrote:

Except that primatologists don't tax you, vilify you, legislate against you, persecute you, or tell you how to run your life.

History, if you were talking about the Roman Catholic church, yes, I'm talking about Jesus and the apostles, what did they have to gain by lying? We're they getting any tax cuts?
harrytruman
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/26/2015 2:42:50 AM
At 9/24/2015 10:29:42 AM, joetheripper117 wrote:

No, atheists do not believe in a god. The difference between gods and monkeys is that there is empirical evidence of the existence of monkeys.
Did you ever see a monkey?
Seams to be enough "evidence" for atheists to say God doesn't exist, how are monkeys differen?
harrytruman
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/26/2015 2:44:40 AM
At 9/24/2015 9:49:04 PM, Otokage wrote:
At 9/24/2015 7:26:19 PM, harrytruman wrote:

And on the contrary, I was pretty literal about your IQ...

FLAMING
desmac
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/26/2015 7:59:05 AM
At 9/26/2015 2:42:50 AM, harrytruman wrote:

Seams to be enough "evidence" for atheists to say God doesn't exist, how are monkeys differen?

Most atheists don't say there is enough "evidence" to say gods don't exist. They usually say, correctly, that NO evidence exists to prove gods do exist.
Yes I have seen several monkeys and apes at various zoos around the world.
RuvDraba
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/26/2015 8:27:09 AM
At 9/26/2015 2:39:44 AM, harrytruman wrote:
At 9/24/2015 7:58:54 AM, RuvDraba wrote:

History, if you were talking about the Roman Catholic church, yes, I'm talking about Jesus and the apostles, what did they have to gain by lying? We're they getting any tax cuts?

What do you know of how ancient peoples wrote chronicles and hagiographies, Harry? What methods did they use to uphold fairness, accuracy, accountability, and transparency? How did they learn those methods? From whom? And how were those qualities assured when each chronicle was written?

(Hint: these are all trick questions.)
harrytruman
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/26/2015 5:06:36 PM
At 9/26/2015 7:59:05 AM, desmac wrote:
At 9/26/2015 2:42:50 AM, harrytruman wrote:

Most atheists don't say there is enough "evidence" to say gods don't exist. They usually say, correctly, that NO evidence exists to prove gods do exist.
Yes I have seen several monkeys and apes at various zoos around the world.

How do you know they aren't animatronics?