Jump to topic:

To what extent is corporatism a sin?

YaleLandsberg
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/24/2015 1:31:57 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
These days a more and more popular case is being made that the increasingly unfettered power of huge corporations is negatively impacting our natural and our familial ecologies, our governmental institutions and even things like the education of physicians and the practice of medicine... Per GangsOfAmerica.com and other histories of the development of corporate growth and negative impact on our lives and the life of our planet, to what extent from a religious or spiritual perspective is corporatism truly a sin?
UniversalTheologian
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/24/2015 1:52:22 PM
I'm not sure I understand the question, but...

If corporations are people, the inverse must be true as well, right? People are corporations.

I'd like to see someone pull of some weird legal gymnastics with that.
"There are trivial truths and the great truths. The opposite of a trivial truth is plainly false. The opposite of a great truth is also true." ~ Niels Bohr

"All truth passes through three stages. First, it is ridiculed. Second, it is violently opposed. Third, it is accepted as being self-evident." ~ Arthur Schopenhauer
DanneJeRusse
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/24/2015 3:57:52 PM
At 9/24/2015 1:52:22 PM, UniversalTheologian wrote:

If corporations are people, the inverse must be true as well, right? People are corporations.

Sole proprietorship or limited corporation?
Marrying a 6 year old and waiting until she reaches puberty and maturity before having consensual sex is better than walking up to
a stranger in a bar and proceeding to have relations with no valid proof of the intent of the person. Muhammad wins. ~ Fatihah
If they don't want to be killed then they have to subdue to the Islamic laws. - Uncung
Without God, you are lower than sh!t. ~ SpiritandTruth
YaleLandsberg
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/24/2015 5:53:19 PM

Speaking of legal gymnastics, sir, what do you think of this:

As churches are sacred legal entities, and as families too are sacred legal entities, then perhaps all families that choose to see theselves as churches are also legal entities? At least if they religiously see themselves as whole and one, i.e., perhaps on some regular basis formally conduct themselves as sacred congregations?
bulproof
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/24/2015 5:57:39 PM
At 9/24/2015 1:31:57 PM, YaleLandsberg wrote:
These days a more and more popular case is being made that the increasingly unfettered power of huge corporations is negatively impacting our natural and our familial ecologies, our governmental institutions and even things like the education of physicians and the practice of medicine... Per GangsOfAmerica.com and other histories of the development of corporate growth and negative impact on our lives and the life of our planet, to what extent from a religious or spiritual perspective is corporatism truly a sin?

hahaha
sin?
hahahaha
YaleLandsberg
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/24/2015 5:58:02 PM
At 9/24/2015 3:57:52 PM, DanneJeRusse wrote:

Or perhaps a "Benefit Corporation" and/or an "NGO"?
YaleLandsberg
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/24/2015 6:16:07 PM
At 9/24/2015 5:57:39 PM, bulproof wrote:

hahaha
sin?
hahahaha

I take it that your answer is zero. Sir, I have no problem with that. But would you care to elaborate? For example, is anything perhaps a sin to you, such as pederasty or strangling cats or pouring poisons into public drinking water? And is anything sacred to you, such as perhaps your family or some truth or the Constitution? Or is everything a joke to you, or just some things, such sd I suppose any religionist's passionate views of her or his religion?
UniversalTheologian
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/24/2015 6:27:20 PM
At 9/24/2015 5:53:19 PM, YaleLandsberg wrote:

As churches are sacred legal entities, and as families too are sacred legal entities, then perhaps all families that choose to see theselves as churches are also legal entities? At least if they religiously see themselves as whole and one, i.e., perhaps on some regular basis formally conduct themselves as sacred congregations?

Sure, why not? Think of how much you can save on property taxes.
"There are trivial truths and the great truths. The opposite of a trivial truth is plainly false. The opposite of a great truth is also true." ~ Niels Bohr

"All truth passes through three stages. First, it is ridiculed. Second, it is violently opposed. Third, it is accepted as being self-evident." ~ Arthur Schopenhauer
YaleLandsberg
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/24/2015 6:54:37 PM
At 9/24/2015 6:27:20 PM, UniversalTheologian wrote:

.:

Personally, sir, I would see perhaps saving on property taxes as the least of all possible reasons for a family seeing itself as, and then living as, a sacred family church, family congregation, family assembly or whatever. Indeed, any family who sought to have a family church for that reason, or otherwise not paing their fair share of taxes, would be much advised to think again. That said, I can think of many other reasons for families having their own DIY family churches, not the least of which is to have a tangible vehicle conducted along its own family standards for making their family relationships sacred again in these more and more secular and materialistic times.
UniversalTheologian
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/24/2015 7:26:02 PM
At 9/24/2015 6:54:37 PM, YaleLandsberg wrote:

.:

Personally, sir, I would see perhaps saving on property taxes as the least of all possible reasons for a family seeing itself as, and then living as, a sacred family church, family congregation, family assembly or whatever. Indeed, any family who sought to have a family church for that reason, or otherwise not paing their fair share of taxes, would be much advised to think again. That said, I can think of many other reasons for families having their own DIY family churches, not the least of which is to have a tangible vehicle conducted along its own family standards for making their family relationships sacred again in these more and more secular and materialistic times.

I'm not disagreeing with you at all.

I have a particular disdain for those who exploit these sort of things.

YaleLandsberg
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/24/2015 8:27:00 PM
At 9/24/2015 7:26:02 PM, UniversalTheologian wrote:
At 9/24/2015 6:54:37 PM, YaleLandsberg wrote:

.:

I'm not disagreeing with you at all.

I have a particular disdain for those who exploit these sort of things.

Sir, I share your disdain. My reasons for proposing that family members begin regularly congregating as family congregations, and thus each such family being its own church-in-reverse, so to speak, is found at my poorly executed, but at least well-intentioned http://familycology.org... site. Your unfettered critique is much appreciated.
bulproof
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/25/2015 5:01:44 AM
At 9/24/2015 6:16:07 PM, YaleLandsberg wrote:

hahaha
sin?
hahahaha

I take it that your answer is zero. Sir, I have no problem with that. But would you care to elaborate? For example, is anything perhaps a sin to you, such as pederasty or strangling cats or pouring poisons into public drinking water? And is anything sacred to you, such as perhaps your family or some truth or the Constitution? Or is everything a joke to you, or just some things, such sd I suppose any religionist's passionate views of her or his religion?
Sin is a value judgement of a couple of religions, it really has no meaning outside of those religions.
Sacred is just another religious appeal to authority.
I must admit that I find the worship afforded the thoughts of goatherds and camel traders from antiquity quite amusing.
YaleLandsberg
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/25/2015 3:21:00 PM
At 9/25/2015 5:01:44 AM, bulproof wrote:

hahaha
sin?
hahahaha

Sin is a value judgement of a couple of religions, it really has no meaning outside of those religions.
I must admit that I find the worship afforded the thoughts of goatherds and camel traders from antiquity quite amusing.

Ok, sir, then please permit me to rephrase my question: If these are not sins, how would you categorize activities such pederasty, pouring poisons into public drinking water, or attacks against your family or diminishing Constitutional protections? Hope that revision is more to your liking!!!
bulproof
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/25/2015 3:41:10 PM
At 9/25/2015 3:21:00 PM, YaleLandsberg wrote:
At 9/25/2015 5:01:44 AM, bulproof wrote:

hahaha
sin?
hahahaha

Ok, sir, then please permit me to rephrase my question: If these are not sins, how would you categorize activities such pederasty, pouring poisons into public drinking water, or attacks against your family or diminishing Constitutional protections? Hope that revision is more to your liking!!!

I would consider some of those activities as a violation of human rights.
What do you consider them?
I have no idea nor care what some constitutional protection means.

But you are the one who hasn't addressed ::
Sin as being a value judgement determined by a few religious institutions.
That sacred is just an appeal to authority use by religions ?
And what of the worship of the stupidity presented by goatherds and camel traders of antiquity?
DanneJeRusse
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/25/2015 4:16:30 PM
At 9/24/2015 5:58:02 PM, YaleLandsberg wrote:

Then, there's the dreaded "SuperPac" where no individual exists at all.
Marrying a 6 year old and waiting until she reaches puberty and maturity before having consensual sex is better than walking up to
a stranger in a bar and proceeding to have relations with no valid proof of the intent of the person. Muhammad wins. ~ Fatihah
If they don't want to be killed then they have to subdue to the Islamic laws. - Uncung
YaleLandsberg
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/25/2015 4:43:56 PM
At 9/25/2015 4:16:30 PM, DanneJeRusse wrote:

Alas, yup. :-( That said, sir, I vote for family congregations across the entire religion spectrum from fundamentalists to secular humanists and beyond, per what might be seen as an anti-SuperPac site, one called http://familycology.org.... Any suggestions?
DanneJeRusse
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/25/2015 4:52:23 PM
At 9/25/2015 4:43:56 PM, YaleLandsberg wrote:
At 9/25/2015 4:16:30 PM, DanneJeRusse wrote:

Alas, yup. :-( That said, sir, I vote for family congregations across the entire religion spectrum from fundamentalists to secular humanists and beyond, per what might be seen as an anti-SuperPac site, one called http://familycology.org.... Any suggestions?

Yes, vote for Bernie Sanders, the man who does not use a SuperPac, and if he gets into power, plans to do away with such things.