Jump to topic:

Scared of being question!

JJ50
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/27/2015 12:42:27 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
Why do many extreme fundamentalist/Biblical literalists seem so scared of being questioned about their faith?

Recently I have been on a couple of fundamentalist Christian forums where I quite politely questioned why their deity was described as a god of love, and was banned very quickly!

I suspect if instead of blindly accepting it all as true, they allowed a question or two to creep in, they might find that their belief lacked any substance! I also suspect that a lot of fundamentalists hang onto their faith as a form of fire insurance as they are terrified of the consequences if they kick it into touch! I think that applies to some posters on this forum as well.
Electric-Eccentric
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/27/2015 1:12:14 PM
what scares you about the most overly wonderful and then some EE?

that I can expose the illusions of your reality, but you can't touch mine within any sort of full honesty?

you are trying to pick on others Santa God concepts, but you are blind to the fact that you also have your version of a Santa God.

you just call it something else.

good luck or scientific theory and other such made up concepts.
Life is what YOU make it,
Most just try and fake it...
Hitchian
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/27/2015 1:18:51 PM
At 9/27/2015 12:42:27 PM, JJ50 wrote:
Why do many extreme fundamentalist/Biblical literalists seem so scared of being questioned about their faith?

Recently I have been on a couple of fundamentalist Christian forums where I quite politely questioned why their deity was described as a god of love, and was banned very quickly!

I suspect if instead of blindly accepting it all as true, they allowed a question or two to creep in, they might find that their belief lacked any substance! I also suspect that a lot of fundamentalists hang onto their faith as a form of fire insurance as they are terrified of the consequences if they kick it into touch! I think that applies to some posters on this forum as well.

Over the past two millennia, give or take, Christianity has thrived in part because no opposition could come forward and expect to survive another day. I guess this has trained Christians to recoil at the slightest criticism.

It is no coincidence Christianity's decline begum at the very same moment that opposition hesitantly took the first steps to denounce it fro the morally defunct doctrine that it is. Certain Christians are dead scared of listening to or reading anything that disputes their doctrine and will do whatever to prevent it, which currently is not lapidating someone to death, nor burning someone alive, but rather banning dissidents.