Jump to topic:

The Atheism vs. Christianity Movement

IntellectVsSpirit5000
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/27/2015 8:36:29 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
I am fascinated in a disappointing manner at Atheistic hatred of Christianity which in reality is extremely nonthreatening overall yet Islam which is extremely threatening gets no Atheist rebutal so much of the time. Tim Tebow is your threat on Earth but not Muhammed Abdul Jabara?( who believes infidels and apostates deserve death and is given no second glance by many Atheists). It's extremely odd behavior from the Atheist family. I've never fully understood the head turn towards Muslims but the quick staredown by many Atheists towards Christianity. Are there any Atheists who can enlighten me on this subject or set me straight? Are Atheists unfamiliar with Islam? Atheists typically claim intellect and comprehension, so I am interested in why Atheists are typically very uneducated on basic, fundamental Islamic beliefs. To give a quick lesson.

Islam(Sharia Law)
1) Apostacy's(leaving Islamic faith) punishment is death in Islam.
2)Adultry by a woman? Punishment: death
3)Homosexuality? Punishment: death
4)Unbelief?(Atheism) punishment: death

Christianity(Law of Christ: love your neighbor, love your enemy)
1)Punishment for apostacy? None.
2)Adultry by a woman? Punishment: none.
3)Homosexuality? Punishment: none.
4)Unbelief?(Atheism) punishment: none.

Atheists, is Christianity so threatening to you? Is Islam of no threat to you?
IntellectVsSpirit5000
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/27/2015 8:48:12 PM
Steffin Curry speaks of his faith

http://youtu.be...

Tim Tebow

(This what true Christlike behavior should come off as. I humbly ask, is this threatening? Are you afraid to meet these two guys on the street?)

Richard Dawkins vs. Islamic cleric

Richard Dawkins interviews Muslim

So I ask, is it Christianity that poses the biggest threat to Atheists?
IntellectVsSpirit5000
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/27/2015 9:10:29 PM
I pose this question because Atheists typically come off as nonthreatening to me. In other words, most Atheists don't seem a threat to my life or religious or nonreligious freedoms. Irespect that Christians and Atheists tend to believe in the same cultural fundamentals: freedom of speech, freedom of religion or no religion, freedom to choose your attire, freedom for women, freedom to believers and nonbelievers, etc. These are valuable assets of Western culture, and Christianity(which is not perfect) is a vital part of that cultural defense. Islam executes "Silent Jihad"(one form of Jihadi movement). This is a principle of moving in on a culture with no use of force, infiltrating the system as teachers, law enforcement, government, etc. You then outreproduce the opposition and migrate over time into the culture in order to gain the majority or a daunting and sizable minority. In Islam it is commanded to lie to unbelievers when needed. This consists of a woman lying to her husband to keep the peace in the relationship, lying to spread the faith, and lying to gain converts, and lying to protect Islamor destry its enemies. Is this of any concern to Atheists or is Christianity the threat while Islam deems no threat? I am interested strongly in all responses.
Sophisto
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/27/2015 9:19:27 PM
Atheists are simply bullies. Their most interesting atheist is a fictional sociopath who diagnoses inaccurate medicinal dilemmas.

Taking on Islam is above their paygrade anyway. As much as they doubt the afterlife, they lack the courage to assault those who believe in it stronger than the Christians.

Atheists pose no threat to Christians because they do not understand them. Understanding your enemy allows for prediction of behavior, tactics, etc. I understand both sides. Woe to those who would underestimate my innovative approach to this debate.
Skepticalone
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/27/2015 10:14:04 PM
At 9/27/2015 8:36:29 PM, IntellectVsSpirit5000 wrote:
I am fascinated in a disappointing manner at Atheistic hatred of Christianity which in reality is extremely nonthreatening overall yet Islam which is extremely threatening gets no Atheist rebutal so much of the time. Tim Tebow is your threat on Earth but not Muhammed Abdul Jabara?( who believes infidels and apostates deserve death and is given no second glance by many Atheists). It's extremely odd behavior from the Atheist family. I've never fully understood the head turn towards Muslims but the quick staredown by many Atheists towards Christianity. Are there any Atheists who can enlighten me on this subject or set me straight?

I am more directly affected by Christianity here in the US. It is used as justification for discrimination, to legislate religion, to influence public education, and to ignore scientific knowledge. Granted, these issues may be the same in Islamic countries, but I have no say in those countries since I am not one of the governed.

Additionally, there are atheists who are (and have been) outspoken against Islam. Perhaps you have heard of Richard Dawkins, Christopher Hitchens, Salman Rushdie, Sam Harris, etc - just to name a few.

Are Atheists unfamiliar with Islam? Atheists typically claim intellect and comprehension, so I am interested in why Atheists are typically very uneducated on basic, fundamental Islamic beliefs. To give a quick lesson.

Islam(Sharia Law)

Many of these same things could be argued against Christianity. One only need to go to the OT to find them. Of course, most Christians do not follow any such directive, just as most Muslims don't.

Moderate Islam is a completely different beast than the Islam you are objecting to. It is the violent extremists we should be concerned with more than anything, and Islam has their fair share just as most other religions (if not all). I'm not inclined to share your hatred of Islam, anymore than I am willing to agree with your claim that I hate Christianity.
This thread is like eavesdropping on a conversation in a mental asylum. - Bulproof

You can call your invisible friends whatever you like. - Desmac

What the hell kind of coked up sideshow has this thread turned into. - Casten
RuvDraba
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/27/2015 10:50:29 PM
I am fascinated in a disappointing manner at Atheistic hatred of Christianity which in reality is extremely nonthreatening overall yet Islam which is extremely threatening gets no Atheist rebutal so much of the time.

What makes you believe that Christianity is not a threat, IvS? What are your criteria?

And are you truly unaware of atheist concern about Islam?
Yassine
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/27/2015 11:46:06 PM
I am fascinated in a disappointing manner at Atheistic hatred of Christianity which in reality is extremely nonthreatening overall yet Islam which is extremely threatening gets no Atheist rebutal so much of the time. Tim Tebow is your threat on Earth but not Muhammed Abdul Jabara?( who believes infidels and apostates deserve death and is given no second glance by many Atheists). It's extremely odd behavior from the Atheist family. I've never fully understood the head turn towards Muslims but the quick staredown by many Atheists towards Christianity. Are there any Atheists who can enlighten me on this subject or set me straight? Are Atheists unfamiliar with Islam? Atheists typically claim intellect and comprehension, so I am interested in why Atheists are typically very uneducated on basic, fundamental Islamic beliefs. To give a quick lesson.

Islam(Sharia Law)

Christianity(Law of Christ: love your neighbor, love your enemy)
1)Punishment for apostacy? None.

- Not true.

2)Adultry by a woman? Punishment: none.

- Not true.

3)Homosexuality? Punishment: none.

- Not true.

4)Unbelief?(Atheism) punishment: none.

- Not true.

Atheists, is Christianity so threatening to you? Is Islam of no threat to you?
Current Debates:

Islam is not a religion of peace vs. @ Lutonator:
* http://www.debate.org...
DanMGTOW
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/28/2015 12:02:38 AM
At 9/27/2015 9:19:27 PM, Sophisto wrote:
Atheists are simply bullies. Their most interesting atheist is a fictional sociopath who diagnoses inaccurate medicinal dilemmas.

Taking on Islam is above their paygrade anyway. As much as they doubt the afterlife, they lack the courage to assault those who believe in it stronger than the Christians.

Atheists pose no threat to Christians because they do not understand them. Understanding your enemy allows for prediction of behavior, tactics, etc. I understand both sides. Woe to those who would underestimate my innovative approach to this debate.

ideas and beliefs should be challenged. if you don't have enough conviction to defend your ideas or beliefs then you need to figure out what you really believe, and why you believe it. i'd rather believe things that are actually true, rather than believe everything without any proof that it is true
extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence