Total Posts:45|Showing Posts:1-30|Last Page
Jump to topic:

Pentecostalism

Lee001
Posts: 3,168
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/28/2015 5:51:00 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
Pentecostalism: "is a renewal movement within Protestant Christianity that places special emphasis on a direct personal experience of God through the baptism with the Holy Spirit." (https://www.google.com...)

It annoys me when preachers of other religion tell their members "give your heart to Jesus and accept him as your personal savior, and you're saved. You're going to heaven"

The problem I have with this is, where in the bible does it say "Give your heart to Jesus, and you're going to heaven?" Many people and churches believe this is what you have to do to be saved. But in truth, this isn't correct what so ever.

Pentecostal churches go by the scripture Acts 2:38 "Peter replied, "Repent and be baptized, every one of you, in the name of Jesus Christ for the forgiveness of your sins. And you will receive the gift of the Holy Spirit."

Then..if we read John 3:5 "4Nicodemus said to Him, "How can a man be born when he is old? He cannot enter a second time into his mother's womb and be born, can he?" 5Jesus answered, "Truly, truly, I say to you, unless one is born of water and the Spirit he cannot enter into the kingdom of God. 6"That which is born of the flesh is flesh, and that which is born of the Spirit is spirit."

Note that it says you cant enter the kingdom of god unless you are born of water (baptism) and spirit (holy spirit)

And so on the day of Pentecost, the Christians celebrated the gif of the holy spirit and they all spoke in tongues.

So truly, this doctrine is the only religion that teaches the correct doctrine. It tells you what you MUST do to enter the kingdom of god. Nowhere does it say "Give your heart to Jesus, and you're saved" because honestly, its sad to see these preachers preaching a fake doctrine.

You aren't suppose to add or subtract from the Holy Bible..

Thoughts, comments?
"Condoms are societal constructs created by the government to restrain 'Murican freedom!"-SolonKR

"But I jest and digress (sick rhymes, yo); every boob is equal in the eyes of the Lord."- SolonKR

"Oh Hey, Seeing Artichokes Makes Me Want to Have Sex."- SolonKR

"Yep, but anyone who touches my hair immediately ascends to the heavens..You're already an angel, so touching my hair can do nothing <3" -SolonKR

My hubby Hayd <3 <3
Harikrish
Posts: 11,005
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/28/2015 5:59:23 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 9/28/2015 5:51:00 PM, Lee001 wrote:
Pentecostalism: "is a renewal movement within Protestant Christianity that places special emphasis on a direct personal experience of God through the baptism with the Holy Spirit." (https://www.google.com...)

It annoys me when preachers of other religion tell their members "give your heart to Jesus and accept him as your personal savior, and you're saved. You're going to heaven"

The problem I have with this is, where in the bible does it say "Give your heart to Jesus, and you're going to heaven?" Many people and churches believe this is what you have to do to be saved. But in truth, this isn't correct what so ever.

Pentecostal churches go by the scripture Acts 2:38 "Peter replied, "Repent and be baptized, every one of you, in the name of Jesus Christ for the forgiveness of your sins. And you will receive the gift of the Holy Spirit."

Then..if we read John 3:5 "4Nicodemus said to Him, "How can a man be born when he is old? He cannot enter a second time into his mother's womb and be born, can he?" 5Jesus answered, "Truly, truly, I say to you, unless one is born of water and the Spirit he cannot enter into the kingdom of God. 6"That which is born of the flesh is flesh, and that which is born of the Spirit is spirit."

Note that it says you cant enter the kingdom of god unless you are born of water (baptism) and spirit (holy spirit)

And so on the day of Pentecost, the Christians celebrated the gif of the holy spirit and they all spoke in tongues.

So truly, this doctrine is the only religion that teaches the correct doctrine. It tells you what you MUST do to enter the kingdom of god. Nowhere does it say "Give your heart to Jesus, and you're saved" because honestly, its sad to see these preachers preaching a fake doctrine.

You aren't suppose to add or subtract from the Holy Bible..

Thoughts, comments?

Both imply a change of heart and worldview. I.e. To be born again with a new outlook.
skipsaweirdo
Posts: 1,865
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/28/2015 6:06:02 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 9/28/2015 5:51:00 PM, Lee001 wrote:
Pentecostalism: "is a renewal movement within Protestant Christianity that places special emphasis on a direct personal experience of God through the baptism with the Holy Spirit." (https://www.google.com...)

It annoys me when preachers of other religion tell their members "give your heart to Jesus and accept him as your personal savior, and you're saved. You're going to heaven"

The problem I have with this is, where in the bible does it say "Give your heart to Jesus, and you're going to heaven?" Many people and churches believe this is what you have to do to be saved. But in truth, this isn't correct what so ever.

Pentecostal churches go by the scripture Acts 2:38 "Peter replied, "Repent and be baptized, every one of you, in the name of Jesus Christ for the forgiveness of your sins. And you will receive the gift of the Holy Spirit."

Then..if we read John 3:5 "4Nicodemus said to Him, "How can a man be born when he is old? He cannot enter a second time into his mother's womb and be born, can he?" 5Jesus answered, "Truly, truly, I say to you, unless one is born of water and the Spirit he cannot enter into the kingdom of God. 6"That which is born of the flesh is flesh, and that which is born of the Spirit is spirit."

Note that it says you cant enter the kingdom of god unless you are born of water (baptism) and spirit (holy spirit)

And so on the day of Pentecost, the Christians celebrated the gif of the holy spirit and they all spoke in tongues.

So truly, this doctrine is the only religion that teaches the correct doctrine. It tells you what you MUST do to enter the kingdom of god. Nowhere does it say "Give your heart to Jesus, and you're saved" because honestly, its sad to see these preachers preaching a fake doctrine.

You aren't suppose to add or subtract from the Holy Bible..

Thoughts, comments?
"Jesus is the only true judge of the REINS OF THE HEART", I'm fairly certain that the phrase give your heart to Jesus entails adhering to this and not adhering to what you think baptism entails or the motivation behind it. I.e. Just because you go to a preacher and get baptised that doesn't mean your motivation is to give yourself over to Christ for judgement. If you look at baptism via numerous possibilities, then baptism may simply only be valid if God has led you to the one who is doing your baptism, sort of like John the Baptist and Jesus. Give your heart to Jesus shouldn't be a point of contention for you, you're criticizing the wrong things I think.
kasmic
Posts: 1,302
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/28/2015 6:13:43 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
You aren't suppose to add or subtract from the Holy Bible..

Thoughts, comments?

I would be happy to debate this statement from a religious standpoint.
"Liberalism Defined" http://www.debate.org...
"The Social Contract" http://www.debate.org...
"Intro to IR An Open Discussion" http://www.debate.org...

Check out my website, the Sensible Soapbox http://www.sensiblesoapbox.com...
My latest article: http://www.sensiblesoapbox.com...
Lee001
Posts: 3,168
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/28/2015 6:15:20 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 9/28/2015 6:06:02 PM, skipsaweirdo wrote:
At 9/28/2015 5:51:00 PM, Lee001 wrote:
Pentecostalism: "is a renewal movement within Protestant Christianity that places special emphasis on a direct personal experience of God through the baptism with the Holy Spirit." (https://www.google.com...)

It annoys me when preachers of other religion tell their members "give your heart to Jesus and accept him as your personal savior, and you're saved. You're going to heaven"

The problem I have with this is, where in the bible does it say "Give your heart to Jesus, and you're going to heaven?" Many people and churches believe this is what you have to do to be saved. But in truth, this isn't correct what so ever.

Pentecostal churches go by the scripture Acts 2:38 "Peter replied, "Repent and be baptized, every one of you, in the name of Jesus Christ for the forgiveness of your sins. And you will receive the gift of the Holy Spirit."

Then..if we read John 3:5 "4Nicodemus said to Him, "How can a man be born when he is old? He cannot enter a second time into his mother's womb and be born, can he?" 5Jesus answered, "Truly, truly, I say to you, unless one is born of water and the Spirit he cannot enter into the kingdom of God. 6"That which is born of the flesh is flesh, and that which is born of the Spirit is spirit."

Note that it says you cant enter the kingdom of god unless you are born of water (baptism) and spirit (holy spirit)

And so on the day of Pentecost, the Christians celebrated the gif of the holy spirit and they all spoke in tongues.

So truly, this doctrine is the only religion that teaches the correct doctrine. It tells you what you MUST do to enter the kingdom of god. Nowhere does it say "Give your heart to Jesus, and you're saved" because honestly, its sad to see these preachers preaching a fake doctrine.

You aren't suppose to add or subtract from the Holy Bible..

Thoughts, comments?
"Jesus is the only true judge of the REINS OF THE HEART", I'm fairly certain that the phrase give your heart to Jesus entails adhering to this and not adhering to what you think baptism entails or the motivation behind it. I.e. Just because you go to a preacher and get baptised that doesn't mean your motivation is to give yourself over to Christ for judgement. If you look at baptism via numerous possibilities, then baptism may simply only be valid if God has led you to the one who is doing your baptism, sort of like John the Baptist and Jesus. Give your heart to Jesus shouldn't be a point of contention for you, you're criticizing the wrong things I think.

I'm not sure what you're implying. Are you trying to say that you should be saved the way you *believe* is right? Because if that was true, everyone would go to hell unless you're a Pentecostal. In the scriptures I provided, it gives you the exact steps on how to become saved. There is no argument.
"Condoms are societal constructs created by the government to restrain 'Murican freedom!"-SolonKR

"But I jest and digress (sick rhymes, yo); every boob is equal in the eyes of the Lord."- SolonKR

"Oh Hey, Seeing Artichokes Makes Me Want to Have Sex."- SolonKR

"Yep, but anyone who touches my hair immediately ascends to the heavens..You're already an angel, so touching my hair can do nothing <3" -SolonKR

My hubby Hayd <3 <3
Lee001
Posts: 3,168
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/28/2015 6:16:17 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 9/28/2015 6:13:43 PM, kasmic wrote:
You aren't suppose to add or subtract from the Holy Bible..

Thoughts, comments?

I would be happy to debate this statement from a religious standpoint.

What's the resolution?
"Condoms are societal constructs created by the government to restrain 'Murican freedom!"-SolonKR

"But I jest and digress (sick rhymes, yo); every boob is equal in the eyes of the Lord."- SolonKR

"Oh Hey, Seeing Artichokes Makes Me Want to Have Sex."- SolonKR

"Yep, but anyone who touches my hair immediately ascends to the heavens..You're already an angel, so touching my hair can do nothing <3" -SolonKR

My hubby Hayd <3 <3
kasmic
Posts: 1,302
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/28/2015 6:18:34 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 9/28/2015 6:16:17 PM, Lee001 wrote:
At 9/28/2015 6:13:43 PM, kasmic wrote:
You aren't suppose to add or subtract from the Holy Bible..

Thoughts, comments?

I would be happy to debate this statement from a religious standpoint.

What's the resolution?

The Bible supports the idea of a closed canon of scripture.

I would be con.
"Liberalism Defined" http://www.debate.org...
"The Social Contract" http://www.debate.org...
"Intro to IR An Open Discussion" http://www.debate.org...

Check out my website, the Sensible Soapbox http://www.sensiblesoapbox.com...
My latest article: http://www.sensiblesoapbox.com...
Geogeer
Posts: 4,253
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/28/2015 6:40:40 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 9/28/2015 5:51:00 PM, Lee001 wrote:
Pentecostalism: "is a renewal movement within Protestant Christianity that places special emphasis on a direct personal experience of God through the baptism with the Holy Spirit." (https://www.google.com...)

It annoys me when preachers of other religion tell their members "give your heart to Jesus and accept him as your personal savior, and you're saved. You're going to heaven"

The problem I have with this is, where in the bible does it say "Give your heart to Jesus, and you're going to heaven?" Many people and churches believe this is what you have to do to be saved. But in truth, this isn't correct what so ever.

Pentecostal churches go by the scripture Acts 2:38 "Peter replied, "Repent and be baptized, every one of you, in the name of Jesus Christ for the forgiveness of your sins. And you will receive the gift of the Holy Spirit."

Then..if we read John 3:5 "4Nicodemus said to Him, "How can a man be born when he is old? He cannot enter a second time into his mother's womb and be born, can he?" 5Jesus answered, "Truly, truly, I say to you, unless one is born of water and the Spirit he cannot enter into the kingdom of God. 6"That which is born of the flesh is flesh, and that which is born of the Spirit is spirit."

Note that it says you cant enter the kingdom of god unless you are born of water (baptism) and spirit (holy spirit)

And so on the day of Pentecost, the Christians celebrated the gif of the holy spirit and they all spoke in tongues.

So truly, this doctrine is the only religion that teaches the correct doctrine. It tells you what you MUST do to enter the kingdom of god. Nowhere does it say "Give your heart to Jesus, and you're saved" because honestly, its sad to see these preachers preaching a fake doctrine.

You aren't suppose to add or subtract from the Holy Bible..

Thoughts, comments?

And you are Peter (Kepha), and on this Rock (Kepha) I will build My church.
skipsaweirdo
Posts: 1,865
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/28/2015 6:52:33 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 9/28/2015 6:15:20 PM, Lee001 wrote:
At 9/28/2015 6:06:02 PM, skipsaweirdo wrote:
At 9/28/2015 5:51:00 PM, Lee001 wrote:
Pentecostalism: "is a renewal movement within Protestant Christianity that places special emphasis on a direct personal experience of God through the baptism with the Holy Spirit." (https://www.google.com...)

It annoys me when preachers of other religion tell their members "give your heart to Jesus and accept him as your personal savior, and you're saved. You're going to heaven"

The problem I have with this is, where in the bible does it say "Give your heart to Jesus, and you're going to heaven?" Many people and churches believe this is what you have to do to be saved. But in truth, this isn't correct what so ever.

Pentecostal churches go by the scripture Acts 2:38 "Peter replied, "Repent and be baptized, every one of you, in the name of Jesus Christ for the forgiveness of your sins. And you will receive the gift of the Holy Spirit."

Then..if we read John 3:5 "4Nicodemus said to Him, "How can a man be born when he is old? He cannot enter a second time into his mother's womb and be born, can he?" 5Jesus answered, "Truly, truly, I say to you, unless one is born of water and the Spirit he cannot enter into the kingdom of God. 6"That which is born of the flesh is flesh, and that which is born of the Spirit is spirit."

Note that it says you cant enter the kingdom of god unless you are born of water (baptism) and spirit (holy spirit)

And so on the day of Pentecost, the Christians celebrated the gif of the holy spirit and they all spoke in tongues.

So truly, this doctrine is the only religion that teaches the correct doctrine. It tells you what you MUST do to enter the kingdom of god. Nowhere does it say "Give your heart to Jesus, and you're saved" because honestly, its sad to see these preachers preaching a fake doctrine.

You aren't suppose to add or subtract from the Holy Bible..

Thoughts, comments?
"Jesus is the only true judge of the REINS OF THE HEART", I'm fairly certain that the phrase give your heart to Jesus entails adhering to this and not adhering to what you think baptism entails or the motivation behind it. I.e. Just because you go to a preacher and get baptised that doesn't mean your motivation is to give yourself over to Christ for judgement. If you look at baptism via numerous possibilities, then baptism may simply only be valid if God has led you to the one who is doing your baptism, sort of like John the Baptist and Jesus. Give your heart to Jesus shouldn't be a point of contention for you, you're criticizing the wrong things I think.

I'm not sure what you're implying. Are you trying to say that you should be saved the way you *believe* is right? Because if that was true, everyone would go to hell unless you're a Pentecostal. In the scriptures I provided, it gives you the exact steps on how to become saved. There is no argument.

"Judge not or you shall be judged in the manner that you judge". Just because you think you know what something means doesn't make it so. And since you're not sure what I'm implying, it means you should give up on telling people what you think biblical verses mean and that your idea of being saved is right. As I said, only Jesus is the true judge of the reins of the heart, not you and your attempt at claiming what biblical verse means. And please none of this "its self evident" garbage. It apparently isn't since you don't know what I clearly stated.
I addressed your focusing on preachers saying give your heart to Jesus. I.e. lay your sins upon Jesus is what that/they mean when they say give your heart to Jesus. So the only issue here is your assumption as to what a proper baptism entails. I'm not discussing with you what is or isn't acceptable baptism, only God knows that. Technically there isn't a "wrong" baptism or an "only get baptised" if you equate it as only meaning getting dumped into water. You're free to think you know what being saved means in all its different incarnations, but you aren't Jesus, stop telling people how Jesus will save them, you don't know.
Lee001
Posts: 3,168
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/28/2015 7:04:15 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 9/28/2015 6:52:33 PM, skipsaweirdo wrote:
At 9/28/2015 6:15:20 PM, Lee001 wrote:
At 9/28/2015 6:06:02 PM, skipsaweirdo wrote:
At 9/28/2015 5:51:00 PM, Lee001 wrote:
Pentecostalism: "is a renewal movement within Protestant Christianity that places special emphasis on a direct personal experience of God through the baptism with the Holy Spirit." (https://www.google.com...)

It annoys me when preachers of other religion tell their members "give your heart to Jesus and accept him as your personal savior, and you're saved. You're going to heaven"

The problem I have with this is, where in the bible does it say "Give your heart to Jesus, and you're going to heaven?" Many people and churches believe this is what you have to do to be saved. But in truth, this isn't correct what so ever.

Pentecostal churches go by the scripture Acts 2:38 "Peter replied, "Repent and be baptized, every one of you, in the name of Jesus Christ for the forgiveness of your sins. And you will receive the gift of the Holy Spirit."

Then..if we read John 3:5 "4Nicodemus said to Him, "How can a man be born when he is old? He cannot enter a second time into his mother's womb and be born, can he?" 5Jesus answered, "Truly, truly, I say to you, unless one is born of water and the Spirit he cannot enter into the kingdom of God. 6"That which is born of the flesh is flesh, and that which is born of the Spirit is spirit."

Note that it says you cant enter the kingdom of god unless you are born of water (baptism) and spirit (holy spirit)

And so on the day of Pentecost, the Christians celebrated the gif of the holy spirit and they all spoke in tongues.

So truly, this doctrine is the only religion that teaches the correct doctrine. It tells you what you MUST do to enter the kingdom of god. Nowhere does it say "Give your heart to Jesus, and you're saved" because honestly, its sad to see these preachers preaching a fake doctrine.

You aren't suppose to add or subtract from the Holy Bible..

Thoughts, comments?
"Jesus is the only true judge of the REINS OF THE HEART", I'm fairly certain that the phrase give your heart to Jesus entails adhering to this and not adhering to what you think baptism entails or the motivation behind it. I.e. Just because you go to a preacher and get baptised that doesn't mean your motivation is to give yourself over to Christ for judgement. If you look at baptism via numerous possibilities, then baptism may simply only be valid if God has led you to the one who is doing your baptism, sort of like John the Baptist and Jesus. Give your heart to Jesus shouldn't be a point of contention for you, you're criticizing the wrong things I think.

I'm not sure what you're implying. Are you trying to say that you should be saved the way you *believe* is right? Because if that was true, everyone would go to hell unless you're a Pentecostal. In the scriptures I provided, it gives you the exact steps on how to become saved. There is no argument.

"Judge not or you shall be judged in the manner that you judge". Just because you think you know what something means doesn't make it so. And since you're not sure what I'm implying, it means you should give up on telling people what you think biblical verses mean and that your idea of being saved is right. As I said, only Jesus is the true judge of the reins of the heart, not you and your attempt at claiming what biblical verse means. And please none of this "its self evident" garbage. It apparently isn't since you don't know what I clearly stated.
I addressed your focusing on preachers saying give your heart to Jesus. I.e. lay your sins upon Jesus is what that/they mean when they say give your heart to Jesus. So the only issue here is your assumption as to what a proper baptism entails. I'm not discussing with you what is or isn't acceptable baptism, only God knows that. Technically there isn't a "wrong" baptism or an "only get baptised" if you equate it as only meaning getting dumped into water. You're free to think you know what being saved means in all its different incarnations, but you aren't Jesus, stop telling people how Jesus will save them, you don't know.

I'm implying that I'm god, nor am I just make this forum because its what I believe. But I'm simply addressing what *Jesus* tells us in the bible on how to become saved. I'm not taking his words, and then telling you what I think it meas.

I mean, the scriptures themselves are pretty self explanatory.

Read this: John 3:5 "4Nicodemus said to Him, "How can a man be born when he is old? He cannot enter a second time into his mother's womb and be born, can he?" 5Jesus answered, "Truly, truly, I say to you, unless one is born of water and the Spirit he cannot enter into the kingdom of God. 6"That which is born of the flesh is flesh, and that which is born of the Spirit is spirit."

Without your opinion whatsoever, what does that scripture mean? I don't want your judgment, I want to test your reading comprehension.

Jesus does give people the free will to believe in what they want. But there are people that have been preached to in regards to "Pentecostal" and they choose to ignore the Pentecostal doctrine.

Jesus, in response to the non-believing Jews says: "26"But you do not believe because you are not of My sheep. 27"My sheep hear My voice, and I know them, and they follow Me; 28and I give eternal life to them, and they will never perish; and no one will snatch them out of My hand."" John 10:27

Now, its not my opinion and say on who goes to heaven. But its my job to help preach the gospel to those who are lost and to help them so they may enter the kingdom of god.

John 12:48
"The one who rejects me and does not receive my words has a judge; the word that I have spoken will judge him on the last day."
"Condoms are societal constructs created by the government to restrain 'Murican freedom!"-SolonKR

"But I jest and digress (sick rhymes, yo); every boob is equal in the eyes of the Lord."- SolonKR

"Oh Hey, Seeing Artichokes Makes Me Want to Have Sex."- SolonKR

"Yep, but anyone who touches my hair immediately ascends to the heavens..You're already an angel, so touching my hair can do nothing <3" -SolonKR

My hubby Hayd <3 <3
Lee001
Posts: 3,168
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/28/2015 7:12:46 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
* I'm NOT implying that I'm god.
Fix'd
"Condoms are societal constructs created by the government to restrain 'Murican freedom!"-SolonKR

"But I jest and digress (sick rhymes, yo); every boob is equal in the eyes of the Lord."- SolonKR

"Oh Hey, Seeing Artichokes Makes Me Want to Have Sex."- SolonKR

"Yep, but anyone who touches my hair immediately ascends to the heavens..You're already an angel, so touching my hair can do nothing <3" -SolonKR

My hubby Hayd <3 <3
Geogeer
Posts: 4,253
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/28/2015 7:16:32 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 9/28/2015 7:04:15 PM, Lee001 wrote:
At 9/28/2015 6:52:33 PM, skipsaweirdo wrote:
At 9/28/2015 6:15:20 PM, Lee001 wrote:
At 9/28/2015 6:06:02 PM, skipsaweirdo wrote:
At 9/28/2015 5:51:00 PM, Lee001 wrote:
Pentecostalism: "is a renewal movement within Protestant Christianity that places special emphasis on a direct personal experience of God through the baptism with the Holy Spirit." (https://www.google.com...)

It annoys me when preachers of other religion tell their members "give your heart to Jesus and accept him as your personal savior, and you're saved. You're going to heaven"

The problem I have with this is, where in the bible does it say "Give your heart to Jesus, and you're going to heaven?" Many people and churches believe this is what you have to do to be saved. But in truth, this isn't correct what so ever.

Pentecostal churches go by the scripture Acts 2:38 "Peter replied, "Repent and be baptized, every one of you, in the name of Jesus Christ for the forgiveness of your sins. And you will receive the gift of the Holy Spirit."

Then..if we read John 3:5 "4Nicodemus said to Him, "How can a man be born when he is old? He cannot enter a second time into his mother's womb and be born, can he?" 5Jesus answered, "Truly, truly, I say to you, unless one is born of water and the Spirit he cannot enter into the kingdom of God. 6"That which is born of the flesh is flesh, and that which is born of the Spirit is spirit."

Note that it says you cant enter the kingdom of god unless you are born of water (baptism) and spirit (holy spirit)

And so on the day of Pentecost, the Christians celebrated the gif of the holy spirit and they all spoke in tongues.

So truly, this doctrine is the only religion that teaches the correct doctrine. It tells you what you MUST do to enter the kingdom of god. Nowhere does it say "Give your heart to Jesus, and you're saved" because honestly, its sad to see these preachers preaching a fake doctrine.

You aren't suppose to add or subtract from the Holy Bible..

Thoughts, comments?
"Jesus is the only true judge of the REINS OF THE HEART", I'm fairly certain that the phrase give your heart to Jesus entails adhering to this and not adhering to what you think baptism entails or the motivation behind it. I.e. Just because you go to a preacher and get baptised that doesn't mean your motivation is to give yourself over to Christ for judgement. If you look at baptism via numerous possibilities, then baptism may simply only be valid if God has led you to the one who is doing your baptism, sort of like John the Baptist and Jesus. Give your heart to Jesus shouldn't be a point of contention for you, you're criticizing the wrong things I think.

I'm not sure what you're implying. Are you trying to say that you should be saved the way you *believe* is right? Because if that was true, everyone would go to hell unless you're a Pentecostal. In the scriptures I provided, it gives you the exact steps on how to become saved. There is no argument.

"Judge not or you shall be judged in the manner that you judge". Just because you think you know what something means doesn't make it so. And since you're not sure what I'm implying, it means you should give up on telling people what you think biblical verses mean and that your idea of being saved is right. As I said, only Jesus is the true judge of the reins of the heart, not you and your attempt at claiming what biblical verse means. And please none of this "its self evident" garbage. It apparently isn't since you don't know what I clearly stated.
I addressed your focusing on preachers saying give your heart to Jesus. I.e. lay your sins upon Jesus is what that/they mean when they say give your heart to Jesus. So the only issue here is your assumption as to what a proper baptism entails. I'm not discussing with you what is or isn't acceptable baptism, only God knows that. Technically there isn't a "wrong" baptism or an "only get baptised" if you equate it as only meaning getting dumped into water. You're free to think you know what being saved means in all its different incarnations, but you aren't Jesus, stop telling people how Jesus will save them, you don't know.

I'm implying that I'm god, nor am I just make this forum because its what I believe. But I'm simply addressing what *Jesus* tells us in the bible on how to become saved. I'm not taking his words, and then telling you what I think it meas.

I mean, the scriptures themselves are pretty self explanatory.

Read this: John 3:5 "4Nicodemus said to Him, "How can a man be born when he is old? He cannot enter a second time into his mother's womb and be born, can he?" 5Jesus answered, "Truly, truly, I say to you, unless one is born of water and the Spirit he cannot enter into the kingdom of God. 6"That which is born of the flesh is flesh, and that which is born of the Spirit is spirit."

Without your opinion whatsoever, what does that scripture mean? I don't want your judgment, I want to test your reading comprehension.

Jesus does give people the free will to believe in what they want. But there are people that have been preached to in regards to "Pentecostal" and they choose to ignore the Pentecostal doctrine.

Jesus, in response to the non-believing Jews says: "26"But you do not believe because you are not of My sheep. 27"My sheep hear My voice, and I know them, and they follow Me; 28and I give eternal life to them, and they will never perish; and no one will snatch them out of My hand."" John 10:27

Now, its not my opinion and say on who goes to heaven. But its my job to help preach the gospel to those who are lost and to help them so they may enter the kingdom of god.

John 12:48
"The one who rejects me and does not receive my words has a judge; the word that I have spoken will judge him on the last day."

Then Jesus said to them: Amen, amen I say unto you: Except you eat the flesh of the Son of man, and drink his blood, you shall not have life in you. He that eateth my flesh, and drinketh my blood, hath everlasting life: and I will raise him up in the last day. For my flesh is meat indeed: and my blood is drink indeed. He that eateth my flesh, and drinketh my blood, abideth in me, and I in him. As the living Father hath sent me, and I live by the Father; so he that eateth me, the same also shall live by me. 58This is the bread that came down from heaven. Not as your fathers did eat manna, and are dead. He that eateth this bread, shall live for ever.
annanicole
Posts: 19,785
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/28/2015 7:41:08 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 9/28/2015 7:04:15 PM, Lee001 wrote:
At 9/28/2015 6:52:33 PM, skipsaweirdo wrote:
At 9/28/2015 6:15:20 PM, Lee001 wrote:
At 9/28/2015 6:06:02 PM, skipsaweirdo wrote:
At 9/28/2015 5:51:00 PM, Lee001 wrote:

I'm not sure what you're implying. Are you trying to say that you should be saved the way you *believe* is right? Because if that was true, everyone would go to hell unless you're a Pentecostal. In the scriptures I provided, it gives you the exact steps on how to become saved. There is no argument.

Well, what are the "exact steps"?
Madcornishbiker: "No, I don't need a dictionary, I know how scripture uses words and that is all I need to now."
Lee001
Posts: 3,168
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/28/2015 7:42:12 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 9/28/2015 7:41:08 PM, annanicole wrote:
At 9/28/2015 7:04:15 PM, Lee001 wrote:
At 9/28/2015 6:52:33 PM, skipsaweirdo wrote:
At 9/28/2015 6:15:20 PM, Lee001 wrote:
At 9/28/2015 6:06:02 PM, skipsaweirdo wrote:
At 9/28/2015 5:51:00 PM, Lee001 wrote:

I'm not sure what you're implying. Are you trying to say that you should be saved the way you *believe* is right? Because if that was true, everyone would go to hell unless you're a Pentecostal. In the scriptures I provided, it gives you the exact steps on how to become saved. There is no argument.

Well, what are the "exact steps"?

If you read the scriptures that I provided in the first post, you'd see them.
"Condoms are societal constructs created by the government to restrain 'Murican freedom!"-SolonKR

"But I jest and digress (sick rhymes, yo); every boob is equal in the eyes of the Lord."- SolonKR

"Oh Hey, Seeing Artichokes Makes Me Want to Have Sex."- SolonKR

"Yep, but anyone who touches my hair immediately ascends to the heavens..You're already an angel, so touching my hair can do nothing <3" -SolonKR

My hubby Hayd <3 <3
skipsaweirdo
Posts: 1,865
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/28/2015 7:44:20 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 9/28/2015 7:04:15 PM, Lee001 wrote:
At 9/28/2015 6:52:33 PM, skipsaweirdo wrote:
At 9/28/2015 6:15:20 PM, Lee001 wrote:
At 9/28/2015 6:06:02 PM, skipsaweirdo wrote:
At 9/28/2015 5:51:00 PM, Lee001 wrote:
Pentecostalism: "is a renewal movement within Protestant Christianity that places special emphasis on a direct personal experience of God through the baptism with the Holy Spirit." (https://www.google.com...)

It annoys me when preachers of other religion tell their members "give your heart to Jesus and accept him as your personal savior, and you're saved. You're going to heaven"

The problem I have with this is, where in the bible does it say "Give your heart to Jesus, and you're going to heaven?" Many people and churches believe this is what you have to do to be saved. But in truth, this isn't correct what so ever.

Pentecostal churches go by the scripture Acts 2:38 "Peter replied, "Repent and be baptized, every one of you, in the name of Jesus Christ for the forgiveness of your sins. And you will receive the gift of the Holy Spirit."

Then..if we read John 3:5 "4Nicodemus said to Him, "How can a man be born when he is old? He cannot enter a second time into his mother's womb and be born, can he?" 5Jesus answered, "Truly, truly, I say to you, unless one is born of water and the Spirit he cannot enter into the kingdom of God. 6"That which is born of the flesh is flesh, and that which is born of the Spirit is spirit."

Note that it says you cant enter the kingdom of god unless you are born of water (baptism) and spirit (holy spirit)

And so on the day of Pentecost, the Christians celebrated the gif of the holy spirit and they all spoke in tongues.

So truly, this doctrine is the only religion that teaches the correct doctrine. It tells you what you MUST do to enter the kingdom of god. Nowhere does it say "Give your heart to Jesus, and you're saved" because honestly, its sad to see these preachers preaching a fake doctrine.

You aren't suppose to add or subtract from the Holy Bible..

Thoughts, comments?
"Jesus is the only true judge of the REINS OF THE HEART", I'm fairly certain that the phrase give your heart to Jesus entails adhering to this and not adhering to what you think baptism entails or the motivation behind it. I.e. Just because you go to a preacher and get baptised that doesn't mean your motivation is to give yourself over to Christ for judgement. If you look at baptism via numerous possibilities, then baptism may simply only be valid if God has led you to the one who is doing your baptism, sort of like John the Baptist and Jesus. Give your heart to Jesus shouldn't be a point of contention for you, you're criticizing the wrong things I think.

I'm not sure what you're implying. Are you trying to say that you should be saved the way you *believe* is right? Because if that was true, everyone would go to hell unless you're a Pentecostal. In the scriptures I provided, it gives you the exact steps on how to become saved. There is no argument.

"Judge not or you shall be judged in the manner that you judge". Just because you think you know what something means doesn't make it so. And since you're not sure what I'm implying, it means you should give up on telling people what you think biblical verses mean and that your idea of being saved is right. As I said, only Jesus is the true judge of the reins of the heart, not you and your attempt at claiming what biblical verse means. And please none of this "its self evident" garbage. It apparently isn't since you don't know what I clearly stated.
I addressed your focusing on preachers saying give your heart to Jesus. I.e. lay your sins upon Jesus is what that/they mean when they say give your heart to Jesus. So the only issue here is your assumption as to what a proper baptism entails. I'm not discussing with you what is or isn't acceptable baptism, only God knows that. Technically there isn't a "wrong" baptism or an "only get baptised" if you equate it as only meaning getting dumped into water. You're free to think you know what being saved means in all its different incarnations, but you aren't Jesus, stop telling people how Jesus will save them, you don't know.

I'm implying that I'm god, nor am I just make this forum because its what I believe. But I'm simply addressing what *Jesus* tells us in the bible on how to become saved. I'm not taking his words, and then telling you what I think it meas.

I mean, the scriptures themselves are pretty self explanatory.

Read this: John 3:5 "4Nicodemus said to Him, "How can a man be born when he is old? He cannot enter a second time into his mother's womb and be born, can he?" 5Jesus answered, "Truly, truly, I say to you, unless one is born of water and the Spirit he cannot enter into the kingdom of God. 6"That which is born of the flesh is flesh, and that which is born of the Spirit is spirit."
Everyone is born of the spirit, unless you know someone who doesn't have a soul. Second, baptizing and being born of water aren't always hand in hand. It has a deeper meaning, stay away from claiming you know what it means.
Without your opinion whatsoever, what does that scripture mean? I don't want your judgment, I want to test your reading comprehension.
Test my reading comprehension, lmao. Your biblical comprehension is the issue. Tell people what is says, stop acting like you know what it means, you don't.
Jesus does give people the free will to believe in what they want. But there are people that have been preached to in regards to "Pentecostal" and they choose to ignore the Pentecostal doctrine.

Jesus, in response to the non-believing Jews says: "26"But you do not believe because you are not of My sheep. 27"My sheep hear My voice, and I know them, and they follow Me; 28and I give eternal life to them, and they will never perish; and no one will snatch them out of My hand."" John 10:27
Show me where this only means while in body, show me where it says your soul cannot make a decision.
Now, its not my opinion and say on who goes to heaven. But its my job to help preach the gospel to those who are lost and to help them so they may enter the kingdom of god.
You do not know what will help people enter Heaven, How many times do I have to quote verse, ONLY JESUS IS THE TRUE JUDGE OF THE REINS OF THE HEART. NOT YOU.
John 12:48
"The one who rejects me and does not receive my words has a judge; the word that I have spoken will judge him on the last day."
On the last day is quite clear. Once everyone is of the spirit. So exactly how do you equate this as having any meaning to now or people who are body/spirit. Its irrelevant to your belief. His word will be known in spirit too you know. We don't stop thinking after we die, our soul does have intelligence.
annanicole
Posts: 19,785
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/28/2015 7:46:06 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 9/28/2015 7:42:12 PM, Lee001 wrote:
At 9/28/2015 7:41:08 PM, annanicole wrote:
At 9/28/2015 7:04:15 PM, Lee001 wrote:
At 9/28/2015 6:52:33 PM, skipsaweirdo wrote:
At 9/28/2015 6:15:20 PM, Lee001 wrote:
At 9/28/2015 6:06:02 PM, skipsaweirdo wrote:
At 9/28/2015 5:51:00 PM, Lee001 wrote:

I'm not sure what you're implying. Are you trying to say that you should be saved the way you *believe* is right? Because if that was true, everyone would go to hell unless you're a Pentecostal. In the scriptures I provided, it gives you the exact steps on how to become saved. There is no argument.

Well, what are the "exact steps"?

If you read the scriptures that I provided in the first post, you'd see them.

I did read them. I'm asking you.
Madcornishbiker: "No, I don't need a dictionary, I know how scripture uses words and that is all I need to now."
Lee001
Posts: 3,168
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/28/2015 7:47:39 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 9/28/2015 7:46:06 PM, annanicole wrote:
At 9/28/2015 7:42:12 PM, Lee001 wrote:
At 9/28/2015 7:41:08 PM, annanicole wrote:
At 9/28/2015 7:04:15 PM, Lee001 wrote:
At 9/28/2015 6:52:33 PM, skipsaweirdo wrote:
At 9/28/2015 6:15:20 PM, Lee001 wrote:
At 9/28/2015 6:06:02 PM, skipsaweirdo wrote:
At 9/28/2015 5:51:00 PM, Lee001 wrote:

I'm not sure what you're implying. Are you trying to say that you should be saved the way you *believe* is right? Because if that was true, everyone would go to hell unless you're a Pentecostal. In the scriptures I provided, it gives you the exact steps on how to become saved. There is no argument.

Well, what are the "exact steps"?

If you read the scriptures that I provided in the first post, you'd see them.

I did read them. I'm asking you.

So, I need to repeat what I just wrote..

1) Repent
2) Be baptized
3) You will receive the gift of the holy spirit.
"Condoms are societal constructs created by the government to restrain 'Murican freedom!"-SolonKR

"But I jest and digress (sick rhymes, yo); every boob is equal in the eyes of the Lord."- SolonKR

"Oh Hey, Seeing Artichokes Makes Me Want to Have Sex."- SolonKR

"Yep, but anyone who touches my hair immediately ascends to the heavens..You're already an angel, so touching my hair can do nothing <3" -SolonKR

My hubby Hayd <3 <3
annanicole
Posts: 19,785
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/28/2015 7:51:20 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 9/28/2015 7:47:39 PM, Lee001 wrote:
At 9/28/2015 7:46:06 PM, annanicole wrote:
At 9/28/2015 7:42:12 PM, Lee001 wrote:
At 9/28/2015 7:41:08 PM, annanicole wrote:
At 9/28/2015 7:04:15 PM, Lee001 wrote:
At 9/28/2015 6:52:33 PM, skipsaweirdo wrote:
At 9/28/2015 6:15:20 PM, Lee001 wrote:
At 9/28/2015 6:06:02 PM, skipsaweirdo wrote:
At 9/28/2015 5:51:00 PM, Lee001 wrote:

I'm not sure what you're implying. Are you trying to say that you should be saved the way you *believe* is right? Because if that was true, everyone would go to hell unless you're a Pentecostal. In the scriptures I provided, it gives you the exact steps on how to become saved. There is no argument.

Well, what are the "exact steps"?

If you read the scriptures that I provided in the first post, you'd see them.

I did read them. I'm asking you.

So, I need to repeat what I just wrote..

1) Repent
2) Be baptized
3) You will receive the gift of the holy spirit.

... and what is the Holy Spirit's gift?
Madcornishbiker: "No, I don't need a dictionary, I know how scripture uses words and that is all I need to now."
Lee001
Posts: 3,168
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/28/2015 7:54:35 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 9/28/2015 7:51:20 PM, annanicole wrote:
At 9/28/2015 7:47:39 PM, Lee001 wrote:
At 9/28/2015 7:46:06 PM, annanicole wrote:
At 9/28/2015 7:42:12 PM, Lee001 wrote:
At 9/28/2015 7:41:08 PM, annanicole wrote:
At 9/28/2015 7:04:15 PM, Lee001 wrote:
At 9/28/2015 6:52:33 PM, skipsaweirdo wrote:
At 9/28/2015 6:15:20 PM, Lee001 wrote:
At 9/28/2015 6:06:02 PM, skipsaweirdo wrote:
At 9/28/2015 5:51:00 PM, Lee001 wrote:

I'm not sure what you're implying. Are you trying to say that you should be saved the way you *believe* is right? Because if that was true, everyone would go to hell unless you're a Pentecostal. In the scriptures I provided, it gives you the exact steps on how to become saved. There is no argument.

Well, what are the "exact steps"?

If you read the scriptures that I provided in the first post, you'd see them.

I did read them. I'm asking you.

So, I need to repeat what I just wrote..

1) Repent
2) Be baptized
3) You will receive the gift of the holy spirit.

... and what is the Holy Spirit's gift?

So, I'm not going to tell you what I personally think it means, but what the bible says it means.
So, when Jesus was descended up into heaven, his disciples were observing the day of Pentecost, and they observed.

Acts:21
" "Suddenly a sound like the blowing of a violent wind came from heaven and filled the whole house where they were sitting. They saw what seemed to be tongues of fire that separated and came to rest on each of them. All of them were filled with the Holy Spirit and began to speak in other tongues as the Spirit enabled them"

Filled with the holy spirit=speaking in tongues.
"Condoms are societal constructs created by the government to restrain 'Murican freedom!"-SolonKR

"But I jest and digress (sick rhymes, yo); every boob is equal in the eyes of the Lord."- SolonKR

"Oh Hey, Seeing Artichokes Makes Me Want to Have Sex."- SolonKR

"Yep, but anyone who touches my hair immediately ascends to the heavens..You're already an angel, so touching my hair can do nothing <3" -SolonKR

My hubby Hayd <3 <3
annanicole
Posts: 19,785
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/28/2015 7:57:52 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 9/28/2015 7:54:35 PM, Lee001 wrote:
At 9/28/2015 7:51:20 PM, annanicole wrote:
At 9/28/2015 7:47:39 PM, Lee001 wrote:
At 9/28/2015 7:46:06 PM, annanicole wrote:
At 9/28/2015 7:42:12 PM, Lee001 wrote:
At 9/28/2015 7:41:08 PM, annanicole wrote:
At 9/28/2015 7:04:15 PM, Lee001 wrote:
At 9/28/2015 6:52:33 PM, skipsaweirdo wrote:
At 9/28/2015 6:15:20 PM, Lee001 wrote:
At 9/28/2015 6:06:02 PM, skipsaweirdo wrote:
At 9/28/2015 5:51:00 PM, Lee001 wrote:

I'm not sure what you're implying. Are you trying to say that you should be saved the way you *believe* is right? Because if that was true, everyone would go to hell unless you're a Pentecostal. In the scriptures I provided, it gives you the exact steps on how to become saved. There is no argument.

Well, what are the "exact steps"?

If you read the scriptures that I provided in the first post, you'd see them.

I did read them. I'm asking you.

So, I need to repeat what I just wrote..

1) Repent
2) Be baptized
3) You will receive the gift of the holy spirit.

... and what is the Holy Spirit's gift?

So, I'm not going to tell you what I personally think it means, but what the bible says it means.
So, when Jesus was descended up into heaven, his disciples were observing the day of Pentecost, and they observed.

Acts:21
" "Suddenly a sound like the blowing of a violent wind came from heaven and filled the whole house where they were sitting. They saw what seemed to be tongues of fire that separated and came to rest on each of them. All of them were filled with the Holy Spirit and began to speak in other tongues as the Spirit enabled them"

Filled with the holy spirit=speaking in tongues.

So the Holy Spirit's gift is: the ability to speak in languages that the speaker does not ordinarily speak and has never studied?
Madcornishbiker: "No, I don't need a dictionary, I know how scripture uses words and that is all I need to now."
Lee001
Posts: 3,168
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/28/2015 8:03:00 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 9/28/2015 7:57:52 PM, annanicole wrote:
At 9/28/2015 7:54:35 PM, Lee001 wrote:
At 9/28/2015 7:51:20 PM, annanicole wrote:
At 9/28/2015 7:47:39 PM, Lee001 wrote:
At 9/28/2015 7:46:06 PM, annanicole wrote:
At 9/28/2015 7:42:12 PM, Lee001 wrote:
At 9/28/2015 7:41:08 PM, annanicole wrote:
At 9/28/2015 7:04:15 PM, Lee001 wrote:
At 9/28/2015 6:52:33 PM, skipsaweirdo wrote:
At 9/28/2015 6:15:20 PM, Lee001 wrote:
At 9/28/2015 6:06:02 PM, skipsaweirdo wrote:
At 9/28/2015 5:51:00 PM, Lee001 wrote:

I'm not sure what you're implying. Are you trying to say that you should be saved the way you *believe* is right? Because if that was true, everyone would go to hell unless you're a Pentecostal. In the scriptures I provided, it gives you the exact steps on how to become saved. There is no argument.

Well, what are the "exact steps"?

If you read the scriptures that I provided in the first post, you'd see them.

I did read them. I'm asking you.

So, I need to repeat what I just wrote..

1) Repent
2) Be baptized
3) You will receive the gift of the holy spirit.

... and what is the Holy Spirit's gift?

So, I'm not going to tell you what I personally think it means, but what the bible says it means.
So, when Jesus was descended up into heaven, his disciples were observing the day of Pentecost, and they observed.

Acts:21
" "Suddenly a sound like the blowing of a violent wind came from heaven and filled the whole house where they were sitting. They saw what seemed to be tongues of fire that separated and came to rest on each of them. All of them were filled with the Holy Spirit and began to speak in other tongues as the Spirit enabled them"

Filled with the holy spirit=speaking in tongues.

So the Holy Spirit's gift is: the ability to speak in languages that the speaker does not ordinarily speak and has never studied?

Its a gift from God. You shall receive the gift of the holy spirit. You yourself don't understand it. But Jesus does. but in some Pentecostal churches, they "Operate the Spiritual Gifts"

1 Corinthians 12:11

"10 and to another the effecting of miracles, and to another prophecy, and to another the distinguishing of spirits, to another various kinds of tongues, and to another the interpretation of tongues. 11But one and the same Spirit works all these things, distributing to each one individually just as He wills."

And by the way you stated "languages" which is plural. There is only 1 language, and that is speaking in tongues.

You also stated "does not ordinarily speak and has never studied?"

You don't study, nor learn how to speak in tongues. Its a gift from god.
"Condoms are societal constructs created by the government to restrain 'Murican freedom!"-SolonKR

"But I jest and digress (sick rhymes, yo); every boob is equal in the eyes of the Lord."- SolonKR

"Oh Hey, Seeing Artichokes Makes Me Want to Have Sex."- SolonKR

"Yep, but anyone who touches my hair immediately ascends to the heavens..You're already an angel, so touching my hair can do nothing <3" -SolonKR

My hubby Hayd <3 <3
annanicole
Posts: 19,785
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/28/2015 8:24:05 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 9/28/2015 8:03:00 PM, Lee001 wrote:
At 9/28/2015 7:57:52 PM, annanicole wrote:
At 9/28/2015 7:54:35 PM, Lee001 wrote:
At 9/28/2015 7:51:20 PM, annanicole wrote:
At 9/28/2015 7:47:39 PM, Lee001 wrote:
At 9/28/2015 7:46:06 PM, annanicole wrote:
At 9/28/2015 7:42:12 PM, Lee001 wrote:
At 9/28/2015 7:41:08 PM, annanicole wrote:
At 9/28/2015 7:04:15 PM, Lee001 wrote:
At 9/28/2015 6:52:33 PM, skipsaweirdo wrote:
At 9/28/2015 6:15:20 PM, Lee001 wrote:
At 9/28/2015 6:06:02 PM, skipsaweirdo wrote:
At 9/28/2015 5:51:00 PM, Lee001 wrote:

I'm not sure what you're implying. Are you trying to say that you should be saved the way you *believe* is right? Because if that was true, everyone would go to hell unless you're a Pentecostal. In the scriptures I provided, it gives you the exact steps on how to become saved. There is no argument.

Well, what are the "exact steps"?

If you read the scriptures that I provided in the first post, you'd see them.

I did read them. I'm asking you.

So, I need to repeat what I just wrote..

1) Repent
2) Be baptized
3) You will receive the gift of the holy spirit.

... and what is the Holy Spirit's gift?

So, I'm not going to tell you what I personally think it means, but what the bible says it means.
So, when Jesus was descended up into heaven, his disciples were observing the day of Pentecost, and they observed.

Acts:21
" "Suddenly a sound like the blowing of a violent wind came from heaven and filled the whole house where they were sitting. They saw what seemed to be tongues of fire that separated and came to rest on each of them. All of them were filled with the Holy Spirit and began to speak in other tongues as the Spirit enabled them"

Filled with the holy spirit=speaking in tongues.

So the Holy Spirit's gift is: the ability to speak in languages that the speaker does not ordinarily speak and has never studied?

Its a gift from God. You shall receive the gift of the holy spirit. You yourself don't understand it. But Jesus does. but in some Pentecostal churches, they "Operate the Spiritual Gifts"

Well, I didn't question what the source of it was, and as far as "understanding" it, I see no evidence that the apostles were all confused about it, as if it was some mystical, incomprehensible, better-felt-than-told occurrence.


1 Corinthians 12:11

"10 and to another the effecting of miracles, and to another prophecy, and to another the distinguishing of spirits, to another various kinds of tongues, and to another the interpretation of tongues. 11But one and the same Spirit works all these things, distributing to each one individually just as He wills."

And by the way you stated "languages" which is plural. There is only 1 language, and that is speaking in tongues.

Apparently they spoke in multiple other languages and dialects:

"And they were all filled with the Holy Spirit, and began to speak with other tongues, as the Spirit gave them utterance."

"Tongues" is plural.

You also stated "does not ordinarily speak and has never studied?"

You don't study, nor learn how to speak in tongues. Its a gift from god.

Ummm ... let me clear something up. Are you implying that these tongues are little more than jibberish, and aren't another language which, although foreign to the speaker (such as Spanish or French), but known to the hearer?
Madcornishbiker: "No, I don't need a dictionary, I know how scripture uses words and that is all I need to now."
skipsaweirdo
Posts: 1,865
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/28/2015 8:28:12 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 9/28/2015 7:46:06 PM, annanicole wrote:
At 9/28/2015 7:42:12 PM, Lee001 wrote:
At 9/28/2015 7:41:08 PM, annanicole wrote:
At 9/28/2015 7:04:15 PM, Lee001 wrote:
At 9/28/2015 6:52:33 PM, skipsaweirdo wrote:
At 9/28/2015 6:15:20 PM, Lee001 wrote:
At 9/28/2015 6:06:02 PM, skipsaweirdo wrote:
At 9/28/2015 5:51:00 PM, Lee001 wrote:

I'm not sure what you're implying. Are you trying to say that you should be saved the way you *believe* is right? Because if that was true, everyone would go to hell unless you're a Pentecostal. In the scriptures I provided, it gives you the exact steps on how to become saved. There is no argument.

Well, what are the "exact steps"?

If you read the scriptures that I provided in the first post, you'd see them.

I did read them. I'm asking you.

Steps are simple Anna. After you die you will have the necessary wisdom that is needed to digest good and evil as to what they are. Their attributes will be fully understood by you. You then are given a last test in spirit to solidify your "spiritual wisdom". You will overcome and not be hurt at all by the second death. In the mean time remember this, everyone is right about what religious texts mean, they simply aren't correct as to what it actually means. By that I am saying everyone only knows, which is why they are "right", what they are suppose to know.
skipsaweirdo
Posts: 1,865
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/28/2015 8:32:19 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 9/28/2015 7:16:32 PM, Geogeer wrote:
At 9/28/2015 7:04:15 PM, Lee001 wrote:
At 9/28/2015 6:52:33 PM, skipsaweirdo wrote:
At 9/28/2015 6:15:20 PM, Lee001 wrote:
At 9/28/2015 6:06:02 PM, skipsaweirdo wrote:
At 9/28/2015 5:51:00 PM, Lee001 wrote:
Pentecostalism: "is a renewal movement within Protestant Christianity that places special emphasis on a direct personal experience of God through the baptism with the Holy Spirit." (https://www.google.com...)

It annoys me when preachers of other religion tell their members "give your heart to Jesus and accept him as your personal savior, and you're saved. You're going to heaven"

The problem I have with this is, where in the bible does it say "Give your heart to Jesus, and you're going to heaven?" Many people and churches believe this is what you have to do to be saved. But in truth, this isn't correct what so ever.

Pentecostal churches go by the scripture Acts 2:38 "Peter replied, "Repent and be baptized, every one of you, in the name of Jesus Christ for the forgiveness of your sins. And you will receive the gift of the Holy Spirit."

Then..if we read John 3:5 "4Nicodemus said to Him, "How can a man be born when he is old? He cannot enter a second time into his mother's womb and be born, can he?" 5Jesus answered, "Truly, truly, I say to you, unless one is born of water and the Spirit he cannot enter into the kingdom of God. 6"That which is born of the flesh is flesh, and that which is born of the Spirit is spirit."

Note that it says you cant enter the kingdom of god unless you are born of water (baptism) and spirit (holy spirit)

And so on the day of Pentecost, the Christians celebrated the gif of the holy spirit and they all spoke in tongues.

So truly, this doctrine is the only religion that teaches the correct doctrine. It tells you what you MUST do to enter the kingdom of god. Nowhere does it say "Give your heart to Jesus, and you're saved" because honestly, its sad to see these preachers preaching a fake doctrine.

You aren't suppose to add or subtract from the Holy Bible..

Thoughts, comments?
"Jesus is the only true judge of the REINS OF THE HEART", I'm fairly certain that the phrase give your heart to Jesus entails adhering to this and not adhering to what you think baptism entails or the motivation behind it. I.e. Just because you go to a preacher and get baptised that doesn't mean your motivation is to give yourself over to Christ for judgement. If you look at baptism via numerous possibilities, then baptism may simply only be valid if God has led you to the one who is doing your baptism, sort of like John the Baptist and Jesus. Give your heart to Jesus shouldn't be a point of contention for you, you're criticizing the wrong things I think.

I'm not sure what you're implying. Are you trying to say that you should be saved the way you *believe* is right? Because if that was true, everyone would go to hell unless you're a Pentecostal. In the scriptures I provided, it gives you the exact steps on how to become saved. There is no argument.

"Judge not or you shall be judged in the manner that you judge". Just because you think you know what something means doesn't make it so. And since you're not sure what I'm implying, it means you should give up on telling people what you think biblical verses mean and that your idea of being saved is right. As I said, only Jesus is the true judge of the reins of the heart, not you and your attempt at claiming what biblical verse means. And please none of this "its self evident" garbage. It apparently isn't since you don't know what I clearly stated.
I addressed your focusing on preachers saying give your heart to Jesus. I.e. lay your sins upon Jesus is what that/they mean when they say give your heart to Jesus. So the only issue here is your assumption as to what a proper baptism entails. I'm not discussing with you what is or isn't acceptable baptism, only God knows that. Technically there isn't a "wrong" baptism or an "only get baptised" if you equate it as only meaning getting dumped into water. You're free to think you know what being saved means in all its different incarnations, but you aren't Jesus, stop telling people how Jesus will save them, you don't know.

I'm implying that I'm god, nor am I just make this forum because its what I believe. But I'm simply addressing what *Jesus* tells us in the bible on how to become saved. I'm not taking his words, and then telling you what I think it meas.

I mean, the scriptures themselves are pretty self explanatory.

Read this: John 3:5 "4Nicodemus said to Him, "How can a man be born when he is old? He cannot enter a second time into his mother's womb and be born, can he?" 5Jesus answered, "Truly, truly, I say to you, unless one is born of water and the Spirit he cannot enter into the kingdom of God. 6"That which is born of the flesh is flesh, and that which is born of the Spirit is spirit."

Without your opinion whatsoever, what does that scripture mean? I don't want your judgment, I want to test your reading comprehension.

Jesus does give people the free will to believe in what they want. But there are people that have been preached to in regards to "Pentecostal" and they choose to ignore the Pentecostal doctrine.

Jesus, in response to the non-believing Jews says: "26"But you do not believe because you are not of My sheep. 27"My sheep hear My voice, and I know them, and they follow Me; 28and I give eternal life to them, and they will never perish; and no one will snatch them out of My hand."" John 10:27

Now, its not my opinion and say on who goes to heaven. But its my job to help preach the gospel to those who are lost and to help them so they may enter the kingdom of god.

John 12:48
"The one who rejects me and does not receive my words has a judge; the word that I have spoken will judge him on the last day."

Then Jesus said to them: Amen, amen I say unto you: Except you eat the flesh of the Son of man, and drink his blood, you shall not have life in you. He that eateth my flesh, and drinketh my blood, hath everlasting life: and I will raise him up in the last day. For my flesh is meat indeed: and my blood is drink indeed. He that eateth my flesh, and drinketh my blood, abideth in me, and I in him. As the living Father hath sent me, and I live by the Father; so he that eateth me, the same also shall live by me. 58This is the bread that came down from heaven. Not as your fathers did eat manna, and are dead. He that eateth this bread, shall live for ever.

As long as you understand this in the context of "man does not live by bread alone, but by every word that comes out of the mouth of God," then there isn't a misunderstanding. If you think this has anything to do with eating and drinking in regards to what our bodies do then you're just flat out crazy.....lol
annanicole
Posts: 19,785
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/28/2015 8:34:10 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 9/28/2015 8:28:12 PM, skipsaweirdo wrote:
At 9/28/2015 7:46:06 PM, annanicole wrote:
At 9/28/2015 7:42:12 PM, Lee001 wrote:
At 9/28/2015 7:41:08 PM, annanicole wrote:
At 9/28/2015 7:04:15 PM, Lee001 wrote:
At 9/28/2015 6:52:33 PM, skipsaweirdo wrote:
At 9/28/2015 6:15:20 PM, Lee001 wrote:
At 9/28/2015 6:06:02 PM, skipsaweirdo wrote:
At 9/28/2015 5:51:00 PM, Lee001 wrote:

I'm not sure what you're implying. Are you trying to say that you should be saved the way you *believe* is right? Because if that was true, everyone would go to hell unless you're a Pentecostal. In the scriptures I provided, it gives you the exact steps on how to become saved. There is no argument.

Well, what are the "exact steps"?

If you read the scriptures that I provided in the first post, you'd see them.

I did read them. I'm asking you.

Steps are simple Anna. After you die you will have the necessary wisdom that is needed to digest good and evil as to what they are. Their attributes will be fully understood by you. You then are given a last test in spirit to solidify your "spiritual wisdom". You will overcome and not be hurt at all by the second death. In the mean time remember this, everyone is right about what religious texts mean, they simply aren't correct as to what it actually means. By that I am saying everyone only knows, which is why they are "right", what they are suppose to know.

"In the mean time remember this, everyone is right about what religious texts mean, they simply aren't correct as to what it actually means." <--- pure nonsense. I'm quite sure that I'm wrong about what some passages mean. The odds are decidedly against me. For instance, I do not know what Paul's thorn in the flesh was. I think I have a pretty good idea, but I could be wrong about it.
Madcornishbiker: "No, I don't need a dictionary, I know how scripture uses words and that is all I need to now."
skipsaweirdo
Posts: 1,865
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/28/2015 8:42:03 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 9/28/2015 8:34:10 PM, annanicole wrote:
At 9/28/2015 8:28:12 PM, skipsaweirdo wrote:
At 9/28/2015 7:46:06 PM, annanicole wrote:
At 9/28/2015 7:42:12 PM, Lee001 wrote:
At 9/28/2015 7:41:08 PM, annanicole wrote:
At 9/28/2015 7:04:15 PM, Lee001 wrote:
At 9/28/2015 6:52:33 PM, skipsaweirdo wrote:
At 9/28/2015 6:15:20 PM, Lee001 wrote:
At 9/28/2015 6:06:02 PM, skipsaweirdo wrote:
At 9/28/2015 5:51:00 PM, Lee001 wrote:

I'm not sure what you're implying. Are you trying to say that you should be saved the way you *believe* is right? Because if that was true, everyone would go to hell unless you're a Pentecostal. In the scriptures I provided, it gives you the exact steps on how to become saved. There is no argument.

Well, what are the "exact steps"?

If you read the scriptures that I provided in the first post, you'd see them.

I did read them. I'm asking you.

Steps are simple Anna. After you die you will have the necessary wisdom that is needed to digest good and evil as to what they are. Their attributes will be fully understood by you. You then are given a last test in spirit to solidify your "spiritual wisdom". You will overcome and not be hurt at all by the second death. In the mean time remember this, everyone is right about what religious texts mean, they simply aren't correct as to what it actually means. By that I am saying everyone only knows, which is why they are "right", what they are suppose to know.

"In the mean time remember this, everyone is right about what religious texts mean, they simply aren't correct as to what it actually means." <--- pure nonsense. I'm quite sure that I'm wrong about what some passages mean. The odds are decidedly against me. For instance, I do not know what Paul's thorn in the flesh was. I think I have a pretty good idea, but I could be wrong about it.

You misunderstand what I mean by correct and right. You might be incorrect in what you think something means. I.e. you are wrong about its true meaning. But you are only as right as is meant for you. Being wrong is what is meant for you by God when it comes to certain verses. (Being wrong is what Gods intentions for you are, therefore you are right with Gods intentions) It isn't a math equation, it's a lesson.
annanicole
Posts: 19,785
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/28/2015 9:15:47 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 9/28/2015 8:42:03 PM, skipsaweirdo wrote:
At 9/28/2015 8:34:10 PM, annanicole wrote:
At 9/28/2015 8:28:12 PM, skipsaweirdo wrote:
At 9/28/2015 7:46:06 PM, annanicole wrote:
At 9/28/2015 7:42:12 PM, Lee001 wrote:
At 9/28/2015 7:41:08 PM, annanicole wrote:
At 9/28/2015 7:04:15 PM, Lee001 wrote:
At 9/28/2015 6:52:33 PM, skipsaweirdo wrote:
At 9/28/2015 6:15:20 PM, Lee001 wrote:
At 9/28/2015 6:06:02 PM, skipsaweirdo wrote:
At 9/28/2015 5:51:00 PM, Lee001 wrote:

I'm not sure what you're implying. Are you trying to say that you should be saved the way you *believe* is right? Because if that was true, everyone would go to hell unless you're a Pentecostal. In the scriptures I provided, it gives you the exact steps on how to become saved. There is no argument.

Well, what are the "exact steps"?

If you read the scriptures that I provided in the first post, you'd see them.

I did read them. I'm asking you.

Steps are simple Anna. After you die you will have the necessary wisdom that is needed to digest good and evil as to what they are. Their attributes will be fully understood by you. You then are given a last test in spirit to solidify your "spiritual wisdom". You will overcome and not be hurt at all by the second death. In the mean time remember this, everyone is right about what religious texts mean, they simply aren't correct as to what it actually means. By that I am saying everyone only knows, which is why they are "right", what they are suppose to know.

"In the mean time remember this, everyone is right about what religious texts mean, they simply aren't correct as to what it actually means." <--- pure nonsense. I'm quite sure that I'm wrong about what some passages mean. The odds are decidedly against me. For instance, I do not know what Paul's thorn in the flesh was. I think I have a pretty good idea, but I could be wrong about it.

You misunderstand what I mean by correct and right. You might be incorrect in what you think something means. I.e. you are wrong about its true meaning. But you are only as right as is meant for you. Being wrong is what is meant for you by God when it comes to certain verses. (Being wrong is what Gods intentions for you are, therefore you are right with Gods intentions) It isn't a math equation, it's a lesson.

Yeah, thanks
Madcornishbiker: "No, I don't need a dictionary, I know how scripture uses words and that is all I need to now."
gods_club
Posts: 5
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/28/2015 10:27:22 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 9/28/2015 5:51:00 PM, Lee001 wrote:
Pentecostalism: "is a renewal movement within Protestant Christianity that places special emphasis on a direct personal experience of God through the baptism with the Holy Spirit." (https://www.google.com...)

It annoys me when preachers of other religion tell their members "give your heart to Jesus and accept him as your personal savior, and you're saved. You're going to heaven"

The problem I have with this is, where in the bible does it say "Give your heart to Jesus, and you're going to heaven?" Many people and churches believe this is what you have to do to be saved. But in truth, this isn't correct what so ever.

Pentecostal churches go by the scripture Acts 2:38 "Peter replied, "Repent and be baptized, every one of you, in the name of Jesus Christ for the forgiveness of your sins. And you will receive the gift of the Holy Spirit."

Then..if we read John 3:5 "4Nicodemus said to Him, "How can a man be born when he is old? He cannot enter a second time into his mother's womb and be born, can he?" 5Jesus answered, "Truly, truly, I say to you, unless one is born of water and the Spirit he cannot enter into the kingdom of God. 6"That which is born of the flesh is flesh, and that which is born of the Spirit is spirit."

Note that it says you cant enter the kingdom of god unless you are born of water (baptism) and spirit (holy spirit)

And so on the day of Pentecost, the Christians celebrated the gif of the holy spirit and they all spoke in tongues.

So truly, this doctrine is the only religion that teaches the correct doctrine. It tells you what you MUST do to enter the kingdom of god. Nowhere does it say "Give your heart to Jesus, and you're saved" because honestly, its sad to see these preachers preaching a fake doctrine.

You aren't suppose to add or subtract from the Holy Bible..

Thoughts, comments? : :

Man doesn't have to believe in anything to be saved from this world. Religious people don't understand this fact.
Geogeer
Posts: 4,253
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/29/2015 5:19:37 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 9/28/2015 8:32:19 PM, skipsaweirdo wrote:
At 9/28/2015 7:16:32 PM, Geogeer wrote:

<chopped for brevity>

Then Jesus said to them: Amen, amen I say unto you: Except you eat the flesh of the Son of man, and drink his blood, you shall not have life in you. He that eateth my flesh, and drinketh my blood, hath everlasting life: and I will raise him up in the last day. For my flesh is meat indeed: and my blood is drink indeed. He that eateth my flesh, and drinketh my blood, abideth in me, and I in him. As the living Father hath sent me, and I live by the Father; so he that eateth me, the same also shall live by me. 58This is the bread that came down from heaven. Not as your fathers did eat manna, and are dead. He that eateth this bread, shall live for ever.

As long as you understand this in the context of "man does not live by bread alone, but by every word that comes out of the mouth of God," then there isn't a misunderstanding. If you think this has anything to do with eating and drinking in regards to what our bodies do then you're just flat out crazy.....lol

And yet that doesn't at all explain what Jesus said.

I am the living bread which came down from heaven. If any man eat of this bread, he shall live for ever; and the bread that I will give, is my flesh, for the life of the world.

So Jesus makes a strong statement that his flesh is the bread of life. And the bible records the answers of those in attendance:

The Jews therefore strove among themselves, saying: How can this man give us his flesh to eat?

So does Jesus change the wording so that those who are in attendance can better understand that he is talking metaphorically? No he doubles down on his comment.

Then Jesus said to them: Amen, amen I say unto you: Except you eat the flesh of the Son of man, and drink his blood, you shall not have life in you. He that eateth my flesh, and drinketh my blood, hath everlasting life: and I will raise him up in the last day. For my flesh is meat indeed: and my blood is drink indeed. He that eateth my flesh, and drinketh my blood, abideth in me, and I in him. As the living Father hath sent me, and I live by the Father; so he that eateth me, the same also shall live by me. This is the bread that came down from heaven. Not as your fathers did eat manna, and are dead. He that eateth this bread, shall live for ever.

Now the phrase Amen, Amen (or truly, truly in some translations) means that he is telling the Jews that he is speaking literally when he says to eat and to drink. In verse 64 he uses the word trogon which means to gnaw http://biblehub.com... .

The Jews knew exactly what he meant.

Many therefore of his disciples, hearing it, said: This saying is hard, and who can hear it?

So Jesus comes back a third time:

But Jesus, knowing in himself, that his disciples murmured at this, said to them: Doth this scandalize you? If then you shall see the Son of man ascend up where he was before? It is the spirit that quickeneth: the flesh profiteth nothing. The words that I have spoken to you, are spirit and life. But there are some of you that believe not.

Why would something symbolic scandalize? The Jews understood exactly what he meant:

After this many of his disciples went back; and walked no more with him.

So what does Jesus do? Does he call them back to explain to them? Or does he let them go knowing that they may be giving up eternal salvation?

Jesus said therefore unto the twelve, Would ye also go away?

Now what did the early Church do?

Now they were steadfastly continuing in the teaching of the apostles, and in the fellowship, in the breaking of the bread, and in the prayers. - Acts 2:42

The breaking of bread... Wouldn't that be Jesus' body? It doesn't fit with your verse.

And Paul goes even further:

For he that eateth and drinketh unworthily, eateth and drinketh judgment to himself, not discerning the body of the Lord. - 1 Corinthians 11:29

To risk damnation by partaking in a ceremonial eating and drinking makes no sense. It does make sense, however, if it is the body and blood of Jesus.
co_op
Posts: 29
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/29/2015 5:23:36 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 9/29/2015 5:19:37 PM, Geogeer wrote:
At 9/28/2015 8:32:19 PM, skipsaweirdo wrote:
At 9/28/2015 7:16:32 PM, Geogeer wrote:

<chopped for brevity>

Then Jesus said to them: Amen, amen I say unto you: Except you eat the flesh of the Son of man, and drink his blood, you shall not have life in you. He that eateth my flesh, and drinketh my blood, hath everlasting life: and I will raise him up in the last day. For my flesh is meat indeed: and my blood is drink indeed. He that eateth my flesh, and drinketh my blood, abideth in me, and I in him. As the living Father hath sent me, and I live by the Father; so he that eateth me, the same also shall live by me. 58This is the bread that came down from heaven. Not as your fathers did eat manna, and are dead. He that eateth this bread, shall live for ever.

As long as you understand this in the context of "man does not live by bread alone, but by every word that comes out of the mouth of God," then there isn't a misunderstanding. If you think this has anything to do with eating and drinking in regards to what our bodies do then you're just flat out crazy.....lol

And yet that doesn't at all explain what Jesus said.

I am the living bread which came down from heaven. If any man eat of this bread, he shall live for ever; and the bread that I will give, is my flesh, for the life of the world.

So Jesus makes a strong statement that his flesh is the bread of life. And the bible records the answers of those in attendance:

The Jews therefore strove among themselves, saying: How can this man give us his flesh to eat?

So does Jesus change the wording so that those who are in attendance can better understand that he is talking metaphorically? No he doubles down on his comment.

Then Jesus said to them: Amen, amen I say unto you: Except you eat the flesh of the Son of man, and drink his blood, you shall not have life in you. He that eateth my flesh, and drinketh my blood, hath everlasting life: and I will raise him up in the last day. For my flesh is meat indeed: and my blood is drink indeed. He that eateth my flesh, and drinketh my blood, abideth in me, and I in him. As the living Father hath sent me, and I live by the Father; so he that eateth me, the same also shall live by me. This is the bread that came down from heaven. Not as your fathers did eat manna, and are dead. He that eateth this bread, shall live for ever.

Now the phrase Amen, Amen (or truly, truly in some translations) means that he is telling the Jews that he is speaking literally when he says to eat and to drink. In verse 64 he uses the word trogon which means to gnaw http://biblehub.com... .

The Jews knew exactly what he meant.

Many therefore of his disciples, hearing it, said: This saying is hard, and who can hear it?

So Jesus comes back a third time:

But Jesus, knowing in himself, that his disciples murmured at this, said to them: Doth this scandalize you? If then you shall see the Son of man ascend up where he was before? It is the spirit that quickeneth: the flesh profiteth nothing. The words that I have spoken to you, are spirit and life. But there are some of you that believe not.

Why would something symbolic scandalize? The Jews understood exactly what he meant:

After this many of his disciples went back; and walked no more with him.

So what does Jesus do? Does he call them back to explain to them? Or does he let them go knowing that they may be giving up eternal salvation?

Jesus said therefore unto the twelve, Would ye also go away?

Now what did the early Church do?

Now they were steadfastly continuing in the teaching of the apostles, and in the fellowship, in the breaking of the bread, and in the prayers. - Acts 2:42

The breaking of bread... Wouldn't that be Jesus' body? It doesn't fit with your verse.

And Paul goes even further:

For he that eateth and drinketh unworthily, eateth and drinketh judgment to himself, not discerning the body of the Lord. - 1 Corinthians 11:29

To risk damnation by partaking in a ceremonial eating and drinking makes no sense. It does make sense, however, if it is the body and blood of Jesus. : :

It wasn't Jesus who changed the wording. It was the heathens who stole the words that God's saints wrote and spoke who produced the New Testament writings and added their religious traditions and dogma to them. The New Testament has confused every single reader of it since those heathens produced the Bible for them to read.