Jump to topic:

Should the burka be banned?

beng100
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/28/2015 6:09:24 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
In my opinion forcing a child to wear a Burka should be banned. I believe it is a breach of their human rights. Even though some adults freely choose to wear a burka in many parts of the world women are either forced into or feel pressurized into wearing a burka by men. In my view this is depriving someone of their freedom and arguably enslaving them. I believe women who wear Burkas have a much lower level of freedom than those who do not. I think possibly banning it for adults might be a step too far but it should be actively discouraged through education. It should also be made a criminal offence if someone is found to be forcing someone to wear a Burka. The burka is in my view an evil way of using religion to justify restricting women's rights.
TBR
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/28/2015 6:35:40 PM
At 9/28/2015 6:09:24 PM, beng100 wrote:
In my opinion forcing a child to wear a Burka should be banned. I believe it is a breach of their human rights. Even though some adults freely choose to wear a burka in many parts of the world women are either forced into or feel pressurized into wearing a burka by men. In my view this is depriving someone of their freedom and arguably enslaving them. I believe women who wear Burkas have a much lower level of freedom than those who do not. I think possibly banning it for adults might be a step too far but it should be actively discouraged through education. It should also be made a criminal offence if someone is found to be forcing someone to wear a Burka. The burka is in my view an evil way of using religion to justify restricting women's rights.

While I agree with your desire, banning is not a good solution. Force? Well, we are forced to wear cloths in public. I can't take my 5 y.o out of the house naked. I am forced to make him wear clothing.
IntellectVsSpirit5000
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/29/2015 2:01:44 AM

Muslim men should try wearing one to see how it feels. That'll never happen. If you have female reproductive parts cover your face. If your reproductive parts are male don't cover up. What? That doesn't even make any sense. What, Allah is anti female who he supposedly created, but men who are still way beneath his "omnipotence" need not cover up. Why not? Is Allah illogical in nature. Nope. He simply is a fairy tale created by Muhammed who wrote the Quran despite being illiterate, a child molester, and a murderer. Let's follow an immoral illiterate, psychopath. Yeah, that makes sense. How does anyone actually belive this and who would want it to be true?
uncung
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/29/2015 2:07:37 AM

It is your country, you may ban them you may not. you are free.
joetheripper117
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/29/2015 3:19:37 AM

So you are going to promote freedom to wear what you want by not allowing people to wear what they want? I don't like burkas, but if anyone wants to wear one, it is their right, and it's not our business to tell them what they can and cannot do. But, I think you are onto something with your idea of not allowing people to force burka wearing onto others.
"By all means let's be open-minded, but not so open-minded that our brains drop out."
-Richard Dawkins
"The onus is on you to say why; the onus is not on the rest of us to say why not."
-Richard Dawkins