Jump to topic:

The Most important Commandments.

MadCornishBiker
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/29/2015 4:27:58 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
When a Pharisee asked Jesus what the most important command was, hoping to catch him out, Jesus replied with two which are completely inseparable.

First he quoted Deuteronomy 6:5, wich tell us:

ASV(i) 5 and thou shalt love Jehovah thy God with all thy heart, and with all thy soul, and with all thy might.

The he quoted the final part of Leviticus 19:18 which I have highlighted below:

ASV(i) 18 Thou shalt not take vengeance, nor bear any grudge against the children of thy people; but thou shalt love thy neighbor as thyself: I am Jehovah.

That was not a suggestion, it was a command.

Nor is it possible to carry out the one without the other, because if you love Jehovah you will carry out his requirements, one of which is to love your neighbour as yourself.

Do you see that being done in the world around you?

Do you see any religion carrying those two commands out?

In fact there is one, as anyone who has been to an International Convention of Jehovah's Witnesses see only too clearly for themselves.

http://tv.jw.org...

co_op
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/29/2015 4:51:52 PM
At 9/29/2015 4:27:58 PM, MadCornishBiker wrote:
When a Pharisee asked Jesus what the most important command was, hoping to catch him out, Jesus replied with two which are completely inseparable.

ASV(i) 5 and thou shalt love Jehovah thy God with all thy heart, and with all thy soul, and with all thy might.

ASV(i) 18 Thou shalt not take vengeance, nor bear any grudge against the children of thy people; but thou shalt love thy neighbor as thyself: I am Jehovah.

Nor is it possible to carry out the one without the other, because if you love Jehovah you will carry out his requirements, one of which is to love your neighbour as yourself.

So why don't the JW's love their neighbors instead of excluding them from their religious groups that meet in secret like all other Christian groups do?

Do you know who the false prophets are that Jesus was talking about to his disciples? There were many false prophets ( antichrists ) who were listening to his gospel and stealing his ideas. This is how Christianity started.

In fact there is one, as anyone who has been to an International Convention of Jehovah's Witnesses see only too clearly for themselves.

co_op
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/29/2015 5:08:30 PM
No religious person can obey the Ten commandments of God so they pretend to love their neighbors, themselves and God to make themselves look good.

It's very easy for us non-religious people to see that religious people are all hypocrites who cannot obey the commandments of God or love all their neighbors.
MadCornishBiker
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/29/2015 6:20:37 PM
At 9/29/2015 4:51:52 PM, co_op wrote:

So why don't the JW's love their neighbors instead of excluding them from their religious groups that meet in secret like all other Christian groups do?

They don;t meet in secret, their meetings are all public meetings, and anyone is welcome in their Kingdom Halls.

Their ministry is the greatest possible expression of their Christ-like love for their neighbour.

It is usually their neighbour that doesn't love them back.

Do you know who the false prophets are that Jesus was talking about to his disciples? There were many false prophets ( antichrists ) who were listening to his gospel and stealing his ideas. This is how Christianity started.

No, it is where what is known as Christianity went at the end of the 1st century, after the death of the last of the Apostles (John).

What is commonly known as Christianity is the Antichrist right down to this day.

MadCornishBiker
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/29/2015 6:21:13 PM
At 9/29/2015 5:08:30 PM, co_op wrote:
No religious person can obey the Ten commandments of God so they pretend to love their neighbors, themselves and God to make themselves look good.

It's very easy for us non-religious people to see that religious people are all hypocrites who cannot obey the commandments of God or love all their neighbors.

The JWs don't pretend.
gods_angel
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/29/2015 7:45:21 PM
At 9/29/2015 6:20:37 PM, MadCornishBiker wrote:
At 9/29/2015 4:51:52 PM, co_op wrote:

They don;t meet in secret, their meetings are all public meetings, and anyone is welcome in their Kingdom Halls.

Their ministry is the greatest possible expression of their Christ-like love for their neighbour.

It is usually their neighbour that doesn't love them back.

No, it is where what is known as Christianity went at the end of the 1st century, after the death of the last of the Apostles (John).

The 1,000 year reign of Christ is not over until the last saint has been killed. It won't be long though.

What is commonly known as Christianity is the Antichrist right down to this day.