Jump to topic:

Atheists Love fruits of Christian Protection

IntellectVsSpirit5000
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/1/2015 2:41:58 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
The U.S. is and has always been a predominantly been a Christian based nation. Atheists want us gone. Be careful for what you wish for. Without the massive group of U.S. predominantly Christian soldiers willing to defend God and Country Naziism would have gotten their turn in history...

http://youtu.be...
Dill777
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/1/2015 3:04:10 AM
At 10/1/2015 2:41:58 AM, IntellectVsSpirit5000 wrote:
The U.S. is and has always been a predominantly been a Christian based nation. Atheists want us gone. Be careful for what you wish for. Without the massive group of U.S. predominantly Christian soldiers willing to defend God and Country Naziism would have gotten their turn in history...

You could validly say that the U.S has been made up of Christians, however to claim that it is a "Christian based nation" is utterly false. Also I like how according to you, atheists are apparently ok with Nazis butchering other groups and the like (especially when they invoked the deity you worship).
Fame, Money. Talent, Success.
You'll always have less-
never more~
dee-em
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/1/2015 3:08:44 AM
Christians Love fruits of Pagan Protection

The Roman Empire was a predominantly Pagan based nation for most of its history. Christians wanted all other religions gone. They should have been careful what they wished for. Without the massive group of Roman predominantly Pagan soldiers willing to defend the Empire and its civilization, it collapsed and ushered in centuries of the Dark Ages in Europe. With the rise of Christian theocracies came the evils of the Crusades and the centuries of Inquisitions which blighted the whole of Europe ...
thethrone
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/1/2015 3:54:29 AM

http://youtu.be... : :

I'm sure the American natives thought the Christians were wonderful people at first until they lost all their land to those heathens.
FaustianJustice
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/1/2015 10:58:45 AM

The predominant religion among the Nazis was "Christianity".
Here we have an advocate for Islamic arranged marriages demonstrating that children can consent to sex.
http://www.debate.org...
dee-em
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/2/2015 12:55:57 AM

I see that the Christian based nation is continuing its terrific work of killing off its own people. Yet another mass shooting in god's own country. That's 274 days this year and 294 mass shootings. This is the country that can't protect its own citizens and yet is being touted as a protector for the civilized world. Where are the Christian soldiers when you need them? Yep, they've turned the weapons on themselves.
IntellectVsSpirit5000
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/2/2015 1:59:18 AM
At 10/2/2015 12:55:57 AM, dee-em wrote:

I see that the Christian based nation is continuing its terrific work of killing off its own people. Yet another mass shooting in god's own country. That's 274 days this year and 294 mass shootings. This is the country that can't protect its own citizens and yet is being touted as a protector for the civilized world. Where are the Christian soldiers when you need them? Yep, they've turned the weapons on themselves.

"To know God is to know God for God is love. If a man says he knows God and loves not, he is a liar who has decieved himself."

What is love?

"Love is patient. Love is kind. Love is merciful and forgiving. Love is longsuffering. Love is not jealous. Love does not always have it its own way..."

"Not everyone who says Lord, Lord in that day will be saved. They shall say but Lord we preached in your name and cast out devils in your name. The king will say depart from me you workers of iniquity. I never knew you."

"For anyone who gives a drink of water to the least of my brethern, the king shall say you did it to me."
IntellectVsSpirit5000
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/2/2015 2:04:06 AM
At 10/1/2015 3:04:10 AM, Dill777 wrote:

You could validly say that the U.S has been made up of Christians, however to claim that it is a "Christian based nation" is utterly false. Also I like how according to you, atheists are apparently ok with Nazis butchering other groups and the like (especially when they invoked the deity you worship).

The post nowhere says Atheists support Nazzism. You made up your own thought based on what you simply desire and percieveto be truth, but it is not truth.
IntellectVsSpirit5000
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/2/2015 2:05:48 AM
At 10/1/2015 3:04:10 AM, Dill777 wrote:

83% of Americans claim Christianity as their belief. And the number is lower than in the past. What kind of nation do you say it is? Atheist? Muslim?
IntellectVsSpirit5000
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/2/2015 2:07:07 AM
At 10/1/2015 3:08:44 AM, dee-em wrote:

The Roman Empire was a predominantly Pagan based nation for most of its history. Christians wanted all other religions gone. They should have been careful what they wished for. Without the massive group of Roman predominantly Pagan soldiers willing to defend the Empire and its civilization, it collapsed and ushered in centuries of the Dark Ages in Europe. With the rise of Christian theocracies came the evils of the Crusades and the centuries of Inquisitions which blighted the whole of Europe ...

How does that effect the world presently today in real life?
IntellectVsSpirit5000
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/2/2015 2:11:41 AM

You obviously have a plight with Christianity. Which part of Jesus' teaching is threatening to you? Faith? Hope? Love? Mercy? Patience? Humbleness? Meekness? Sacrifice for others? Love your neighbor? Love your enemy? Love God? Charity? Kindness? Do unto others as you'd have them do unto you? Forgiveness? Hope? Faith? He who is without sin cast the first stone?
IntellectVsSpirit5000
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/2/2015 2:18:23 AM

Jesus taught the principles that founded a belief that evolved into a shield for freedom and taught us typical Western principles. This belief aloud for women's rights to come to fruition, African Americans freed from bondage, and the basic idea of being free and having God ordeigned rights as individuals. Anyone who brought forth any idea that counters Jesus's basic principles was not of Christ according to Christ. Those who were "Christlike" shined through and fought for these ideas and rights. Would you have Christianity evaporate? What do you actually believe would be the actual result? Islamic state? Atheist state? What do you think that would actually be like? It's been tried many times before in recent times.
dee-em
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/2/2015 2:36:09 AM
At 10/2/2015 1:59:18 AM, IntellectVsSpirit5000 wrote:

"To know God is to know God for God is love. If a man says he knows God and loves not, he is a liar who has decieved himself."

What is love?

"Love is patient. Love is kind. Love is merciful and forgiving. Love is longsuffering. Love is not jealous. Love does not always have it its own way..."

"Not everyone who says Lord, Lord in that day will be saved. They shall say but Lord we preached in your name and cast out devils in your name. The king will say depart from me you workers of iniquity. I never knew you."

"For anyone who gives a drink of water to the least of my brethern, the king shall say you did it to me."

Then why are you preaching intolerance and hate?
dee-em
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/2/2015 2:40:37 AM
At 10/2/2015 2:07:07 AM, IntellectVsSpirit5000 wrote:

In the same way that the defeat of Nazism affects the world presently today in real life.
IntellectVsSpirit5000
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/2/2015 2:45:18 AM
At 10/2/2015 2:40:37 AM, dee-em wrote:
At 10/2/2015 2:07:07 AM, IntellectVsSpirit5000 wrote:

In the same way that the defeat of Nazism affects the world presently today in real life.

Nazziism does effect the world today in real life. There are still currently survivors of the Holocaust and World War II living currently today.
dee-em
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/2/2015 2:51:44 AM
At 10/2/2015 2:11:41 AM, IntellectVsSpirit5000 wrote:

You obviously have a plight with Christianity. Which part of Jesus' teaching is threatening to you? Faith? Hope? Love? Mercy? Patience? Humbleness? Meekness? Sacrifice for others? Love your neighbor? Love your enemy? Love God? Charity? Kindness? Do unto others as you'd have them do unto you? Forgiveness? Hope? Faith? He who is without sin cast the first stone?

The problem is Christians not following those teachings by this alleged Jesus character. People like you who pay lip service to the theory but come to this forum in practice and start thread after thread displaying intolerance and hate to others. Claiming false credit for Christians vs. Nazis when it was Democracy vs. Totalitarianism. Pretending that the USA won WWII single-handedly. Lying for Jesus at every opportunity. I see your latest effort is to accuse your president of being a secret Muslim. This is what I have a problem with and why people like you give Christians a bad name.
IntellectVsSpirit5000
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/2/2015 2:51:53 AM
At 10/2/2015 2:36:09 AM, dee-em wrote:

What is love?

I don't preach intollerance and hate. I do stand against belief systems that do though. To do so is not bigotry or hate. It's standing for what is right. The Islamic punishment for apostacy, adultery, and homosexuality is death. And yes, I absolutely stand against this principle and do speak out in order to defend mine and your freedom. Islam does not believe in freedom. Look up Taquiyya. That is what they stand for, and it is not okay. Death to the three formentioned groups. Not okay. To say it's not okay is not hate. It is love. I don't have any desire to kill homosexuals or adulterers because I am not any less a "sinner" than they are. I can look at a religion and see its principles. If I represent Christianity in a bad way, that is not on Christ. It is on me. You are yet address which of Christ's teachings you stand against.
dee-em
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/2/2015 2:58:54 AM
At 10/2/2015 2:18:23 AM, IntellectVsSpirit5000 wrote:

Jesus taught the principles that founded a belief that evolved into a shield for freedom and taught us typical Western principles. This belief aloud for women's rights to come to fruition, African Americans freed from bondage, and the basic idea of being free and having God ordeigned rights as individuals.

Are you kidding? Christians fought tooth and nail against all of those things and some still do. Those social reforms happened in spite of Christianity and were instituted in less Christian countries far sooner than in America.

Anyone who brought forth any idea that counters Jesus's basic principles was not of Christ according to Christ. Those who were "Christlike" shined through and fought for these ideas and rights. Would you have Christianity evaporate? What do you actually believe would be the actual result? Islamic state? Atheist state? What do you think that would actually be like? It's been tried many times before in recent times.

Have a look at the Scandinavian countries. What do you see?

Or try my own country of Australia where religiosity is much lower than in America. Where is the problem?
IntellectVsSpirit5000
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/2/2015 3:09:25 AM
At 10/1/2015 3:54:29 AM, thethrone wrote:

http://youtu.be... : :

I'm sure the American natives thought the Christians were wonderful people at first until they lost all their land to those heathens.

Anyone who practiced ill will on others was going against Christ's teachings. I am Native American. Christians did not pull the switch to remove the natives from their homes. If those people had practiced Christ's teachings the Natives would have been safe. Don't confuse so called "Christians" with real "Christians" or Christ himself. Rebelious liars to self do not represent Christ. They represent unbelief. If they truely believed they would obeyed Christ's commands in reverence.
dee-em
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/2/2015 3:21:04 AM
At 10/2/2015 2:51:53 AM, IntellectVsSpirit5000 wrote:

What is love?

I don't preach intollerance and hate. I do stand against belief systems that do though. To do so is not bigotry or hate. It's standing for what is right. The Islamic punishment for apostacy, adultery, and homosexuality is death.

Your mob was doing exactly the same thing not so long ago. You just can't get away with it any more so you hypocritically attack others for doing exactly what Christians did when they had the power. Luckily we have developed democracies and secular institutions to prevent the abuse of human rights which all religions are subject to. Religion, all religion, breeds fanaticism and extremism.

And yes, I absolutely stand against this principle and do speak out in order to defend mine and your freedom.

It's called hate speech. You're not defending anything except your assumed right to privilege and authority for your own religion.

Islam does not believe in freedom. Look up Taquiyya. That is what they stand for, and it is not okay. Death to the three formentioned groups. Not okay. To say it's not okay is not hate. It is love. I don't have any desire to kill homosexuals or adulterers because I am not any less a "sinner" than they are. I can look at a religion and see its principles. If I represent Christianity in a bad way, that is not on Christ. It is on me.

The vast majority of Muslims are peaceful law-abiding citizens. Take a look at Indonesia, the largest Muslim country on Earth. None of the things you claim for Islam occur there in practice. You attack a small minority but fail to see the same minority of Christians who vilify homosexuals and bomb abortion clinics. Your blinkers are firmly in place.

You are yet address which of Christ's teachings you stand against.

There was no Jesus. I thought we had established that. However, against the teachings of the mythical Jesus, I oppose:

Luke 14:26
"If anyone comes to Me, and does not hate his own father and mother and wife and children and brothers and sisters, yes, and even his own life, he cannot be My disciple."

What a load of absolute cr*p.
IntellectVsSpirit5000
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/2/2015 3:36:46 AM
At 10/2/2015 3:21:04 AM, dee-em wrote:
At 10/2/2015 2:51:53 AM, IntellectVsSpirit5000 wrote:

What is love?

I don't preach intollerance and hate. I do stand against belief systems that do though. To do so is not bigotry or hate. It's standing for what is right. The Islamic punishment for apostacy, adultery, and homosexuality is death.

Your mob was doing exactly the same thing not so long ago. You just can't get away with it any more so you hypocritically attack others for doing exactly what Christians did when they had the power. Luckily we have developed democracies and secular institutions to prevent the abuse of human rights which all religions are subject to. Religion, all religion, breeds fanaticism and extremism.

And yes, I absolutely stand against this principle and do speak out in order to defend mine and your freedom.

It's called hate speech. You're not defending anything except your assumed right to privilege and authority for your own religion.

Islam does not believe in freedom. Look up Taquiyya. That is what they stand for, and it is not okay. Death to the three formentioned groups. Not okay. To say it's not okay is not hate. It is love. I don't have any desire to kill homosexuals or adulterers because I am not any less a "sinner" than they are. I can look at a religion and see its principles. If I represent Christianity in a bad way, that is not on Christ. It is on me.

The vast majority of Muslims are peaceful law-abiding citizens. Take a look at Indonesia, the largest Muslim country on Earth. None of the things you claim for Islam occur there in practice. You attack a small minority but fail to see the same minority of Christians who vilify homosexuals and bomb abortion clinics. Your blinkers are firmly in place.

You are yet address which of Christ's teachings you stand against.

There was no Jesus. I thought we had established that. However, against the teachings of the mythical Jesus, I oppose:

"If anyone comes to Me, and does not hate his own father and mother and wife and children and brothers and sisters, yes, and even his own life, he cannot be My disciple."

What a load of absolute cr*p.

No. You established this to yourself because that's what you want to believe.
IntellectVsSpirit5000
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/2/2015 3:37:12 AM
If Jesus really was a figure who did not exist, in history it would be expected that some anti-Christian group would have made this known. In reality the most shielded group towards Jesus and early Christianity were the Jews, and ironically, they affirmed Jesus existence when they attempted to accuse the disciples of stealing Jesus" body from the tomb. Also we find Jesus material, and not in his favor, in the Jewish Talmud accusing him of treachery and leading Israel astray. Those that hated Christianity the most had to have discovered that Jesus was a figment of the early Christians imagination if he was, and expose it, and that should have been the end of Christianity. This is not what happened.

They knew for a fact that Jesus existed, and in reality, he was a threat to them.

Jewish polemic shared with Christians the conviction that the sepulcher was empty and then gave natural explanations for the event. Such positive evidence within a nonchristian based source is the heaviest type of evidence.

Let us ask ourselves, why did the Jews attempt to explain away Jesus" tomb if there was no Jesus in the first place? It is simply because Jesus existed.

John Crossan, of the "Radical Jesus" Seminar, writes:

"That he was crucified is as sure as anything historical can ever be."

Gerd Ludemann, known Atheist said this:

"Jesus" death as a result of crucifixion is indisputable."

Quadratus was an Athenian bishop and direct disciple of the actual Apostles. He is often seen as the first Christian apologist because of his defense he gave to Emperor Hadrian during early church history.He points out that some who were healed and resurrected by Jesus lived until modern times. (They would be eye witnesses of the man Jesus)

"The deeds of our Savior were always before you, for they were true miracles. Those that were healed, those that were raised from the dead, who were seen, not only when healed and when raised, but were always present. They remained living a long time, not only while our Lord was on earth, but likewise when he had left the earth. So that some of them have also lived to our own times."
IntellectVsSpirit5000
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/2/2015 3:43:26 AM
If anyone comes to me and does not hate his own father and mother and wife and children and brothers and sisters, yes, and even his own life, he cannot be My disciple."

Which in reference to the spirit of adoption(google it) that gives a family to thosewho are without who leave fathers who molested them, hurt them, disrespected them, and/or were not CChristlike. He divided the good from the evil even if it meant seperation blood relatives.
IntellectVsSpirit5000
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/2/2015 3:48:35 AM

We have found something you need to study here. Ex Muslims would have your goat for such a statement. Study Islam get back to me on what you have found. Taquiyya is in the Quran. To disobey it is sacralige, antiIslamic, and the penalty is death.

Sharia Law 101
The penalty for Adultery is?
Death
The penalty for himosexuality is?
Death
The penalty for apostacy(leaving Islam)?
Death
Bennett91
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/2/2015 4:09:58 AM

Russia would have fought them. Atheists. So that means without Atheists the Christians would have to fight alone. You're welcome.