Abortion

jharry
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/15/2010 9:35:04 PM
Posted: 6 years ago
Pro Choice proponents.

What is the answer to a expecting father when he asks, "but it is my child too"?

I've never actually discussed this with pro choice people before. I don't know what I would do in a situation like this, I was wondering if anyone has thought about this or actually gave an answer to a expecting father. Thanks.
In nomine Patris, et Filii, et Spiritus Sancti. Amen
Atheism
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/15/2010 9:47:53 PM
It is the woman's body, and ultimately her choice.
The male may have an influence, as it is his sperm that he contributed, but the woman is the one who carries, endures, and ultimately bears the baby.
Her decision is final.
I miss the old members.
jharry
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/15/2010 10:01:49 PM
At 9/15/2010 9:47:53 PM, Atheism wrote:
The male may have an influence, as it is his sperm that he contributed, but the woman is the one who carries, endures, and ultimately bears the baby.
Her decision is final.

Thats's pretty fvcking sick my friend. I generally don't cuss.
jharry
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/15/2010 10:02:27 PM
Her decision is final.

Oh, sorry. I didn't check you profile before I said that. Any one else.
Zetsubou
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/16/2010 6:40:19 AM
No it's not, you own what you are and what you a purchase is made. A woman, presently, cannot create a child by her own faculties, and therefore unless the man sells his sperm to her, it's a duel responsibility of two.
She chooses to.
Her decision is final.
Arbitrary.
'sup DDO -- july 2013
Zetsubou
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/16/2010 6:42:37 AM
At 9/15/2010 10:01:49 PM, jharry wrote:

Avoid, emotional arguments dude. I'd like to see how you respond to other people on site, we have potential baby eaters here.
'sup DDO -- july 2013
lovelife
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/16/2010 6:46:50 AM
At 9/16/2010 6:42:37 AM, Zetsubou wrote:
At 9/15/2010 10:01:49 PM, jharry wrote:

Avoid, emotional arguments dude. I'd like to see how you respond to other people on site, we have potential baby eaters here.

Who? My wifey cooks babieested.

In any case I agree with Atheism on this, although I believe that she should take the father into consideration too. Not as much as some are forced to. :,( damn I was supposed to be an abortion but dad wouldn't let her, I'm so pissed he had so much say.
Without Royal there is a hole inside of me, I have no choice but to leave
xxdarkxx
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/16/2010 6:59:34 AM
IMO the father has just as much say as the mother. Women can not give birth by themselves, so essentially the whole reason why she is pregnant in the first place is because the man gave her sperm. Hence it's the mans child as he is essentially the one that gave it life.
Cerebral_Narcissist
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/16/2010 7:01:41 AM
At 9/15/2010 9:35:04 PM, jharry wrote:
Pro Choice proponents.

What is the answer to a expecting father when he asks, "but it is my child too"?

I've never actually discussed this with pro choice people before. I don't know what I would do in a situation like this, I was wondering if anyone has thought about this or actually gave an answer to a expecting father. Thanks.

Naah, you have the obligation to pay for it if it arrives, but no right to decide whether or not it's coming. It's gender equality innit.
I am voting for Innomen because of his intelligence, common sense, humility and the fact that Juggle appears to listen to him. Any other Presidential style would have a large sub-section of the site up in arms. If I was President I would destroy the site though elitism, others would let it run riot. Innomen represents a middle way that works, neither draconian nor anarchic and that is the only way things can work. Plus he does it all without ego trips.
lovelife
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/16/2010 7:05:58 AM
At 9/16/2010 7:00:21 AM, xxdarkxx wrote:
At 9/16/2010 6:47:21 AM, lovelife wrote:
*cooks babiesif anyone is interested

maybe if you lrn2space

My mouse and keyboard both mess up. Sometimes just typing 5 words takes about 10 mins because of it. Then sometimes no problems. -_- makes no sense.

Anyway he would have more say if he had to go through pregnancy/giving birth imo. You can't say he gets just as much say just because he deposited the sperm. Sure in a loving relationship she'd take him into consideration just as much, but ultimately the decision should be her's.
lovelife
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/16/2010 7:07:25 AM
At 9/16/2010 7:01:41 AM, Cerebral_Narcissist wrote:
At 9/15/2010 9:35:04 PM, jharry wrote:
Pro Choice proponents.

Naah, you have the obligation to pay for it if it arrives, but no right to decide whether or not it's coming. It's gender equality innit.

Well paying like 5% of your paycheck tends to not be deadly.
xxdarkxx
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/16/2010 7:07:51 AM
At 9/16/2010 7:05:58 AM, lovelife wrote:

maybe if you lrn2space

My mouse and keyboard both mess up. Sometimes just typing 5 words takes about 10 mins because of it. Then sometimes no problems. -_- makes no sense.

Anyway he would have more say if he had to go through pregnancy/giving birth imo. You can't say he gets just as much say just because he deposited the sperm. Sure in a loving relationship she'd take him into consideration just as much, but ultimately the decision should be her's.

Woman+__no man__= no baby
Woman+ man = baby

^^^^Notice the key factor here being MAN.
lovelife
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/16/2010 7:15:10 AM
At 9/16/2010 7:07:51 AM, xxdarkxx wrote:

maybe if you lrn2space

Woman+ man = baby

So? Man doesn't have to go through the potentially life threatening process of it <unless you include STDs which are just as risky for either> I'm not just talking about where she might not live long enough to give birth because of it, I'm talking about heart conditions linked directly to child birth <common in my family, for females on my mom's side> PTSD, depression etc. Its easy for the male to say "well whatever I did half of the "work" so I get half say"
I support true gender equality, but with this issue the woman should have more say, since she has to do more, and go through more. Its not even an option for him to go through it instead, so he should have less say then her.
lovelife
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/16/2010 7:16:19 AM
Saying they should have the same amount of say....
What if she said she wanted it, and he said he didn't, who gets the final say?
J.Kenyon
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/16/2010 7:20:53 AM
At 9/16/2010 6:46:50 AM, lovelife wrote:
In any case I agree with Atheism on this, although I believe that she should take the father into consideration too. Not as much as some are forced to. :,( damn I was supposed to be an abortion but dad wouldn't let her, I'm so pissed he had so much say.

Me too.
xxdarkxx
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/16/2010 7:23:01 AM
At 9/16/2010 7:15:10 AM, lovelife wrote:

maybe if you lrn2space

Woman+ man = baby

So? Man doesn't have to go through the potentially life threatening process of it <unless you include STDs which are just as risky for either> I'm not just talking about where she might not live long enough to give birth because of it, I'm talking about heart conditions linked directly to child birth <common in my family, for females on my mom's side> PTSD, depression etc. Its easy for the male to say "well whatever I did half of the "work" so I get half say"
I support true gender equality, but with this issue the woman should have more say, since she has to do more, and go through more. Its not even an option for him to go through it instead, so he should have less say then her.

Well I suppose then you have to get down to the point of WHY is she pregnant?

Did the condom break?
Did she forget to take birth control?
Did neither happen and both people were simply careless?

With the 2nd option the man should without a doubt have a choice. If she forgot to take birth control and perhaps didn't tell the man (which is most likely going to happen) then it is in no way the mans fault if she gets pregnant and should then fall into the mans lap about deciding if he wants to terminate.

If the condom broke then yes both should have a say. But definitely the man should have a large say. Why did it break? Most likely because the women did something to cause it to break.. hence it being her fault. Once again it comes down to the man getting decision.

Finally was their no condom, and no birth control. In this case the man should decide. Once again, the woman can't give be pregnant without the man, hence it's the mans choice.
xxdarkxx
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/16/2010 7:23:48 AM
At 9/16/2010 7:20:53 AM, J.Kenyon wrote:
At 9/16/2010 6:46:50 AM, lovelife wrote:

Me too.

^^^lol 10/10

inb4 LL derails
lovelife
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/16/2010 7:26:44 AM
At 9/16/2010 7:23:01 AM, xxdarkxx wrote:

maybe if you lrn2space

Woman+ man = baby

Did the condom break?

With the 2nd option the man should without a doubt have a choice. If she forgot to take birth control and perhaps didn't tell the man (which is most likely going to happen) then it is in no way the mans fault if she gets pregnant and should then fall into the mans lap about deciding if he wants to terminate.

If the condom broke then yes both should have a say. But definitely the man should have a large say. Why did it break? Most likely because the women did something to cause it to break.. hence it being her fault. Once again it comes down to the man getting decision.

Finally was their no condom, and no birth control. In this case the man should decide. Once again, the woman can't give be pregnant without the man, hence it's the mans choice.

Or the birth control was ineffective.
And no condom breaking and forgetting don't mean he gets more say.

And just so you know I'm not derailing sh*t, I was ignoring his pathetic attempt at making it derail.
xxdarkxx
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/16/2010 7:34:47 AM
At 9/16/2010 7:26:44 AM, lovelife wrote:

maybe if you lrn2space

Woman+ man = baby

Did the condom break?

And just so you know I'm not derailing sh*t, I was ignoring his pathetic attempt at making it derail.

I can't believe you are taking me seriously....
tBoonePickens
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/16/2010 7:44:42 AM
Aren't women property? Can't the man do what he wishes with his property?
WOS
: At 10/3/2012 4:28:52 AM, Wallstreetatheist wrote:
: Without nothing existing, you couldn't have something.
xxdarkxx
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/16/2010 7:46:51 AM
At 9/16/2010 7:44:42 AM, tBoonePickens wrote:

Thats what I'm getting at (sort of).

The man owns his sperm, therefore he owns the baby, the baby is now inside the woman so he owns the woman.

his choice
lovelife
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/16/2010 7:51:12 AM
At 9/16/2010 7:34:47 AM, xxdarkxx wrote:
At 9/16/2010 7:26:44 AM, lovelife wrote:

maybe if you lrn2space

Woman+ man = baby

Did the condom break?

I can't believe you are taking me seriously....

I'm not even sure what part I'm not supposed to take seriously.
tBoonePickens
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/16/2010 8:09:27 AM
At 9/16/2010 7:46:51 AM, xxdarkxx wrote:

The man owns his sperm, therefore he owns the baby, the baby is now inside the woman so he owns the woman.

his choice

That makes sense. I think that once he puts his pen!s inside her, whether she wants it there or not, then he owns her!
WOS
lovelife
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/16/2010 8:11:16 AM
At 9/16/2010 8:09:27 AM, tBoonePickens wrote:

his choice

That makes sense. I think that once he puts his pen!s inside her, whether she wants it there or not, then he owns her!

wtf...I have a question. If a guy rapes you does he own you too? lol
tBoonePickens
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/16/2010 8:37:35 AM
At 9/16/2010 8:11:16 AM, lovelife wrote:

his choice

Pew! That's gay! He can try, though he'll find it quite difficult to do so! Also, how can he find love in a man's harry @ss? I just don't get it?
WOS
lovelife
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/16/2010 8:43:11 AM
At 9/16/2010 8:37:35 AM, tBoonePickens wrote:
At 9/16/2010 8:11:16 AM, lovelife wrote:

his choice

Pew! That's gay! He can try, though he'll find it quite difficult to do so! Also, how can he find love in a man's harry @ss? I just don't get it?

Doesn't need to be love to be rape.
xxdarkxx
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/16/2010 8:48:50 AM

his choice

Oh without a doubt, he has pretty much marked what is his by even taking his dick out in her presence.
lovelife
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/16/2010 9:03:54 AM
At 9/16/2010 8:48:50 AM, xxdarkxx wrote:

his choice

Oh without a doubt, he has pretty much marked what is his by even taking his dick out in her presence.

I guess she does the same by taking her boobs out in his pressence.