Jump to topic:

Is this any excuse for murder?

dhardage
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/1/2015 2:08:45 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
Seems like the Hindu majority in India is reverting to its old ways.

A mob in India just dragged a man from his home and beat him to death " for eating beef
http://www.msn.com...
Chaosism
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/1/2015 2:53:36 PM
At 10/1/2015 2:08:45 PM, dhardage wrote:

A mob in India just dragged a man from his home and beat him to death " for eating beef

Wow. A lot of hatred for Muslims.

I noted the last few lines of the article...

In a cruel irony, Akhlaq's family insists that the meat in question wasn't even beef.

"There was some mutton in the fridge which was taken away yesterday," Sajida told the Express. "They thought it was beef."

"The police have taken it for examination," she said. "If the results prove that it was not beef, will they bring back my dead father?"
dhardage
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/1/2015 3:42:20 PM
At 10/1/2015 2:53:36 PM, Chaosism wrote:
At 10/1/2015 2:08:45 PM, dhardage wrote:

Wow. A lot of hatred for Muslims.

I noted the last few lines of the article...

In a cruel irony, Akhlaq's family insists that the meat in question wasn't even beef.

"There was some mutton in the fridge which was taken away yesterday," Sajida told the Express. "They thought it was beef."

"The police have taken it for examination," she said. "If the results prove that it was not beef, will they bring back my dead father?"

Yeah, and it was all started because of an unproven rumor, but that's not really a surprise.
bulproof
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/1/2015 3:57:18 PM
I don't know if you are aware or not but Americans and other nations who allegedly respect human rights actually execute people.
Just look at their greatest friends................Saudi Arabia and China.
Oh BTW are there any other countries that endorse waterboarding?
Religion is just mind control. George Carlin
intellectuallyprimitive
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/1/2015 4:46:23 PM
The men who committed the act probably felt excused or justified provided they were pious individuals who were compelled the act was done for their dogmatic reasons.
dhardage
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/1/2015 5:09:24 PM
At 10/1/2015 3:57:18 PM, bulproof wrote:
I don't know if you are aware or not but Americans and other nations who allegedly respect human rights actually execute people.
Just look at their greatest friends................Saudi Arabia and China.
Oh BTW are there any other countries that endorse waterboarding?

I'm fully aware of our failures to practice what we preach, so to speak. Unfortunately some of those in power seem to know how to compartmentalize their religious compassion when it comes to matters of expediency. I'm just pointing out a particularly egregious example where, as far as I can determine, no government was directly involved. It was a group of devoted Hindu men who claim that cattle are holy because our ancestors' souls are reincarnated in them. They apparently were in a religious fervor to punish a sinner, even though he was not of their faith.