Jump to topic:

On the topic of new religions

Havist
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/1/2015 11:48:45 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
I am Havist. Havism is a very new religion on this planet, but this isn't about that. If you want to know anything about Havism, please visit the Havism Google+ page and ask a question.

My question is focused on new religions on a large scale. We know of Scientology, a 60 year old religion that has become corrupted. We know of newer branches of older religions and often times we think of them as weird, strange, or wrong. Why is this?

Why does something unknown or unusual trigger a worrisome reaction into the minds of my fellow humans?

Those that do not feel this way, what is your opinion on new religions--religions you are unfamiliar with or even religions you do not understand. What are your ideas of the development of new religions? What is your opinion on religions like Scientology vs religions like Buddhism?

If there are any questions about what I am asking, please comment below.
IntellectVsSpirit5000
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/1/2015 11:52:39 PM
At 10/1/2015 11:48:45 PM, Havist wrote:
I am Havist. Havism is a very new religion on this planet, but this isn't about that. If you want to know anything about Havism, please visit the Havism Google+ page and ask a question.

My question is focused on new religions on a large scale. We know of Scientology, a 60 year old religion that has become corrupted. We know of newer branches of older religions and often times we think of them as weird, strange, or wrong. Why is this?

Why does something unknown or unusual trigger a worrisome reaction into the minds of my fellow humans?

Those that do not feel this way, what is your opinion on new religions--religions you are unfamiliar with or even religions you do not understand. What are your ideas of the development of new religions? What is your opinion on religions like Scientology vs religions like Buddhism?

You might look up Urantia Book if u seek newer religions. It's not what I personally believe but interesting nevertheless.
777iam
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/2/2015 12:09:09 AM

If there are any questions about what I am asking, please comment below. : :

No religion would exist if man hadn't have built false gods.
Havist
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/2/2015 12:12:55 AM
At 10/1/2015 11:52:39 PM, IntellectVsSpirit5000 wrote:

You might look up Urantia Book if u seek newer religions. It's not what I personally believe but interesting nevertheless.

as I've said, I am already affiliated with a religion. I am wondering everyone's thoughts on the questions I asked above.
Havist
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/2/2015 12:13:50 AM
At 10/2/2015 12:09:09 AM, 777iam wrote:

What makes you believe that all religions are built on gods? What about those without gods?
777iam
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/2/2015 12:16:30 AM
At 10/2/2015 12:13:50 AM, Havist wrote:

What makes you believe that all religions are built on gods? What about those without gods? : :

Every religion starts with a visible image that men can observe but the first religions started when man built the first object called a mud brick. Pride is what was needed to start worshiping the image he made.
Havist
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/2/2015 12:47:54 AM
At 10/2/2015 12:16:30 AM, 777iam wrote:
At 10/2/2015 12:13:50 AM, Havist wrote:

What makes you believe that all religions are built on gods? What about those without gods? : :

Every religion starts with a visible image that men can observe but the first religions started when man built the first object called a mud brick. Pride is what was needed to start worshiping the image he made.

and what about religions that believe there is no image for a god?