Bennett91
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/3/2015 5:02:26 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 10/3/2015 3:27:06 AM, Bennett91 wrote:
I'd like to hear what others think before I say what I think

The reason why I wait is because I'd like to see bible/koran quotes to show it.

But for the sake of this thread I'll give a brief overview of my argument.

If the answer is Yes, angels do have free will I ask: What makes humans so special then? They are His creation just as much as we are. Their function is to serve Him in Heaven, while ours is to serve Him here, but what kind of service does and infinite being need?

If No then that means Satan's rebellion was not his own choice, but God's will. Thus the entire story is self inflicted character conflict. Just like when the devil was in the garden as a snake, it was as a pawn of God's plan.
Outplayz
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/3/2015 5:12:37 AM

I think yes, but i see you want to make a theistic argument. I think we are all "angels" "gods" most appropriately to not play semantics; immortals.

I feel our free will was given in our immortal form. My reasoning is bc i think immortals... consciousness evolved. So, you can say there was a first and can call it god if you wish. However, i am sure at some point it created another immortal that doesn't have to do everything the first does. Imagine creating the first other being... probably would be a mirror image. But, isn't love better attained from another source that chooses to follow you yet doesn't have to? So, immortals were created (thoughts unbound). Mortality is living... immortality is preparing the next mortal experience. I don't see any other way an intelligent source would deal with immortality. So, yes... our free will is in our immortal form. Here we are just living an experience chosen by our immortal form.
IntellectVsSpirit5000
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/3/2015 9:10:59 PM
At 10/3/2015 5:02:26 AM, Bennett91 wrote:

The reason why I wait is because I'd like to see bible/koran quotes to show it.

But for the sake of this thread I'll give a brief overview of my argument.

If the answer is Yes, angels do have free will I ask: What makes humans so special then? They are His creation just as much as we are. Their function is to serve Him in Heaven, while ours is to serve Him here, but what kind of service does and infinite being need?

If No then that means Satan's rebellion was not his own choice, but God's will. Thus the entire story is self inflicted character conflict. Just like when the devil was in the garden as a snake, it was as a pawn of God's plan.

Satan wasn't in the garden as a snake. It speaks of him walking and never uses the word snake. The word it does use is serpant which is metaphorically used to refer to wicked people/intities. The tree of "life" is in the "garden". Jesus referred to himself as life. He also said his words were life. He also referred to people/ intities as "trees".

In reference to the serpent, he is cursed to hisbelly to eat dust. The same kind of curse is placed on Cain after killing Abel. Cain never gets a snakelike metaphorical adjective placedon him yet he suffers the same fate as Satan.