Is it wrong that i think i'm a god

Outplayz
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/3/2015 4:55:44 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
It makes most sense to me.

In the physical world... i control my actions, thoughts, and future. If there were no humans around me all the power to create would be on me. Yes, others may influence or direct my actions, thoughts or future; however, ultimately i have the power to view whatever i want.

Same goes for the afterlife (if possible) i will control my actions, thoughts, and future.

Isn't that what all religions preach anyways? A euphoric afterlife. How can i have a paradise without being me? I will envision what i prefer as a euphoric paradise. Do we all not have a spiritual yearning to create a paradise that we want to take from this dismal world? If you take every religion and look at it as a fictional story (some things were real but most not) you can see that everyone was trying to paint a euphoric paradise by explaining how to get there. But, how to get there is for their imagination only... if one decides they want what past humans envisioned than fine... however, i bet all of your paradises are different. The rule is simply which character you want to ultimately be; good or the opposition. It's simply morals you must follow to feel like the outcome you want to be... there is no need for religion for the wise, yet i understand how others need it; not having the creative capacity to form their own thoughts.

I think the debates about religion are fruitless. It is all made from imaginations. I don't understand why we have stopped imagining. I look at the world now and can find many fantasy worlds to choose from. It all comes down to what character i'd choose in the end... and i choose a god.

If i am wrong, i will live this life feeling like a god. If i am right, well lets just say i will be a pretty cool god.

Why do we need anything else? You take no words with you at death... it's just you and the character you built. I just happen to be customizing my character from what i learn from all the other gods around me.
bulproof
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/3/2015 10:30:27 AM
I think I'm superman, an old, fat and powerless superman, but superman never the less.
Religion is just mind control. George Carlin
Outplayz
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/3/2015 10:11:03 PM
At 10/3/2015 10:30:27 AM, bulproof wrote:
I think I'm superman, an old, fat and powerless superman, but superman never the less.

That's badass... you should work on feeling more badass bc Superman is a power to behold. You may be old and out of shape, but mentally you are powerful if that is how you feel. I wouldn't mess with you.