Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/16/2010 4:11:50 PM
Posted: 6 years ago
Pastafarianism. I want your opinions.
Minister Of Trolling
: At 12/6/2011 2:21:41 PM, badger wrote:
: ugly people should beat beautiful people ugly. simple! you'd be killing two birds with the one stone... women like violent men and you're making yourself more attractive, relatively. i met a blonde dude who was prettier than me not so long ago. he's not so pretty now! ha!
:
: ...and well, he wasn't really prettier than me. he just had nice hair.
InsertNameHere
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/16/2010 5:01:38 PM
Pasta is good. Yum!

Ok, seriously now. To me it just seems like a way for an atheist to feel like they believe in something while actually not as religion gives comfort to alot of people.
Ragnar_Rahl
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/16/2010 5:02:33 PM
At 9/16/2010 5:01:38 PM, InsertNameHere wrote:
Pasta is good. Yum!

Ok, seriously now. To me it just seems like a way for an atheist to feel like they believe in something while actually not as religion gives comfort to alot of people.

Facepalm.

It's a satire. They aren't srsly srs.
It came to be at its height. It was commanded to command. It was a capital before its first stone was laid. It was a monument to the spirit of man.
GeoLaureate8
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/16/2010 5:08:42 PM
Pasta is good. Yum!

Wow. No Atheist actually believes in Pastafarianism to give them comfort. They created Pastafarianism to make fun of religion. No one truly believes in it.
"We must raise the standard of the Old, free, decentralized, and strictly limited Republic."
-- Murray Rothbard

"The worst thing that can happen to a good cause is, not to be skillfully attacked, but to be ineptly defended."
-- Frederic Bastiat
InsertNameHere
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/16/2010 5:10:07 PM
At 9/16/2010 5:08:42 PM, GeoLaureate8 wrote:
Pasta is good. Yum!

Wow. No Atheist actually believes in Pastafarianism to give them comfort. They created Pastafarianism to make fun of religion. No one truly believes in it.

My post was misunderstood. I didn't say people literally believed in it. Ok, bad wording.
badger
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/16/2010 5:11:14 PM
At 9/16/2010 5:10:07 PM, InsertNameHere wrote:
Pasta is good. Yum!

My post was misunderstood. I didn't say people literally believed in it. Ok, bad wording.

explain yourself so :)
signature
Rockylightning
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/16/2010 5:24:42 PM
At 9/16/2010 4:11:50 PM, SuperRobotWars wrote:

It's mocking religion. it makes us feel good.
InsertNameHere
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/16/2010 5:25:54 PM
At 9/16/2010 5:24:42 PM, Rockylightning wrote:

It's mocking religion. it makes us feel good.

For a minute I thought it was Koopin posting and was about to say "wtf? Since when were you Atheist?!"
GeoLaureate8
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/16/2010 5:34:59 PM
Pasta is good. Yum!

Even under this new context, the post is still wrong. You said that it's a way for an Atheist to feel like they believe in something as to give them comfort.

No Atheist gets comfort from Pastafarianism.
"We must raise the standard of the Old, free, decentralized, and strictly limited Republic."
-- Murray Rothbard

"The worst thing that can happen to a good cause is, not to be skillfully attacked, but to be ineptly defended."
-- Frederic Bastiat
lovelife
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/16/2010 5:42:15 PM

Pasta has its places, but not in the government. As long as they don't start trying to make Pasta based laws I'm fine with it.
Without Royal there is a hole inside of me, I have no choice but to leave
tBoonePickens
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/16/2010 5:42:22 PM
At 9/16/2010 5:34:59 PM, GeoLaureate8 wrote:
Pasta is good. Yum!

Even under this new context, the post is still wrong. You said that it's a way for an Atheist to feel like they believe in something as to give them comfort.

No Atheist gets comfort from Pastafarianism.

Is this the Italian version of Rastafarianism?
WOS
: At 10/3/2012 4:28:52 AM, Wallstreetatheist wrote:
: Without nothing existing, you couldn't have something.
m93samman
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/17/2010 10:25:00 PM
This whole thread is fail *facepaw*
http://www.google.com...
: At 4/15/2011 5:29:37 PM, CosmicAlfonzo wrote:
: Pascal's wager is for poosies.
:
: I mean that sincerly, because it's basically an argument from poooosie.
:
: I'm pretty sure that's like a fallacy.. Argument ad Pussium or something like that.
m93samman
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/17/2010 10:29:02 PM
At 9/17/2010 10:26:30 PM, InsertNameHere wrote:
At 9/17/2010 10:25:00 PM, m93samman wrote:

Aww. :) Facepalm lion.

It gets better

http://thenextweb.com...
: At 4/15/2011 5:29:37 PM, CosmicAlfonzo wrote:
: Pascal's wager is for poosies.
:
: I mean that sincerly, because it's basically an argument from poooosie.
:
: I'm pretty sure that's like a fallacy.. Argument ad Pussium or something like that.
Cerebral_Narcissist
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/18/2010 6:25:49 AM
Pasta is good. Yum!

I am pretty certain it is just a joke dreamt up by a random atheist in order to wind up religious people whilst also demonstrating a serious point. Which is, the FSM is an absurd concept which only a lunatic would worship, and there is just as much evidence for it's existence as any other deity.
I am voting for Innomen because of his intelligence, common sense, humility and the fact that Juggle appears to listen to him. Any other Presidential style would have a large sub-section of the site up in arms. If I was President I would destroy the site though elitism, others would let it run riot. Innomen represents a middle way that works, neither draconian nor anarchic and that is the only way things can work. Plus he does it all without ego trips.
InsertNameHere
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/18/2010 2:38:27 PM
At 9/17/2010 10:29:02 PM, m93samman wrote:
At 9/17/2010 10:26:30 PM, InsertNameHere wrote:
At 9/17/2010 10:25:00 PM, m93samman wrote:

Aww. :) Facepalm lion.

It gets better

http://thenextweb.com...

Lol.
Korashk
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/18/2010 4:57:55 PM
At 9/18/2010 6:25:49 AM, Cerebral_Narcissist wrote:
I am pretty certain it is just a joke dreamt up by a random atheist in order to wind up religious people whilst also demonstrating a serious point.

Here is the story behind Pastafarianism. It was a letter Written to the Kansas School Board in response to the notion that intelligent design would be instituted into school cirriculum:

I am writing you with much concern after having read of your hearing to decide whether the alternative theory of Intelligent Design should be taught along with the theory of Evolution. I think we can all agree that it is important for students to hear multiple viewpoints so they can choose for themselves the theory that makes the most sense to them. I am concerned, however, that students will only hear one theory of Intelligent Design.

Let us remember that there are multiple theories of Intelligent Design. I and many others around the world are of the strong belief that the universe was created by a Flying Spaghetti Monster. It was He who created all that we see and all that we feel. We feel strongly that the overwhelming scientific evidence pointing towards evolutionary processes is nothing but a coincidence, put in place by Him.

It is for this reason that I'm writing you today, to formally request that this alternative theory be taught in your schools, along with the other two theories. In fact, I will go so far as to say, if you do not agree to do this, we will be forced to proceed with legal action. I'm sure you see where we are coming from. If the Intelligent Design theory is not based on faith, but instead another scientific theory, as is claimed, then you must also allow our theory to be taught, as it is also based on science, not on faith.

Some find that hard to believe, so it may be helpful to tell you a little more about our beliefs. We have evidence that a Flying Spaghetti Monster created the universe. None of us, of course, were around to see it, but we have written accounts of it. We have several lengthy volumes explaining all details of His power. Also, you may be surprised to hear that there are over 10 million of us, and growing. We tend to be very secretive, as many people claim our beliefs are not substantiated by observable evidence.

What these people don't understand is that He built the world to make us think the earth is older than it really is. For example, a scientist may perform a carbon-dating process on an artifact. He finds that approximately 75% of the Carbon-14 has decayed by electron emission to Nitrogen-14, and infers that this artifact is approximately 10,000 years old, as the half-life of Carbon-14 appears to be 5,730 years. But what our scientist does not realize is that every time he makes a measurement, the Flying Spaghetti Monster is there changing the results with His Noodly Appendage. We have numerous texts that describe in detail how this can be possible and the reasons why He does this. He is of course invisible and can pass through normal matter with ease.

I'm sure you now realize how important it is that your students are taught this alternate theory. It is absolutely imperative that they realize that observable evidence is at the discretion of a Flying Spaghetti Monster. Furthermore, it is disrespectful to teach our beliefs without wearing His chosen outfit, which of course is full pirate regalia. I cannot stress the importance of this enough, and unfortunately cannot describe in detail why this must be done as I fear this letter is already becoming too long. The concise explanation is that He becomes angry if we don't.

You may be interested to know that global warming, earthquakes, hurricanes, and other natural disasters are a direct effect of the shrinking numbers of Pirates since the 1800s. For your interest, I have included a graph of the approximate number of pirates versus the average global temperature over the last 200 years. As you can see, there is a statistically significant inverse relationship between pirates and global temperature.

(Picture) http://www.venganza.org...

In conclusion, thank you for taking the time to hear our views and beliefs. I hope I was able to convey the importance of teaching this theory to your students. We will of course be able to train the teachers in this alternate theory. I am eagerly awaiting your response, and hope dearly that no legal action will need to be taken. I think we can all look forward to the time when these three theories are given equal time in our science classrooms across the country, and eventually the world; One third time for Intelligent Design, one third time for Flying Spaghetti Monsterism (Pastafarianism), and one third time for logical conjecture based on overwhelming observable evidence.

Sincerely Yours,

Bobby Henderson, concerned citizen.

P.S. I have included an artistic drawing of Him creating a mountain, trees, and a midget. Remember, we are all His creatures.
(Picture) http://www.venganza.org...
http://www.venganza.org...
When large numbers of otherwise-law abiding people break specific laws en masse, it's usually a fault that lies with the law. - Unknown
lovelife
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/18/2010 6:05:01 PM
Lol that sounds like something I would write had I had the creativity. Actually my mom encourages me to say stuff like that when people try to push themselves on me, but not her.
Without Royal there is a hole inside of me, I have no choice but to leave
SuperRobotWars
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/19/2010 11:16:16 AM
Hmmm . . .
Minister Of Trolling
: At 12/6/2011 2:21:41 PM, badger wrote:
: ugly people should beat beautiful people ugly. simple! you'd be killing two birds with the one stone... women like violent men and you're making yourself more attractive, relatively. i met a blonde dude who was prettier than me not so long ago. he's not so pretty now! ha!
:
: ...and well, he wasn't really prettier than me. he just had nice hair.