Pope and his contempt for Atheism

vivalayeo
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/16/2010 4:27:34 PM
Posted: 6 years ago
http://www.bbc.co.uk...

If you read the article, you will find that the Pope equate's Atheism as the major factor in Nazism. I find that quite rich since the Catholic Church co-operated with Hitler on many occasions. Funny he should be sympathetic to Jews now, even though they were only given pardon for Deicide after WW2.

"As we reflect on the sobering lessons of atheist extremism of the 20th century, let us never forget how the exclusion of God, religion and virtue from public life leads ultimately to a truncated vision of man and of society and thus a reductive vision of a person and his destiny."

Interesting statement coming for a church that is constantly trying to dumb down education, hide paedophil priest, denounce homosexuality and discourage the use of Condoms, especially where they are needed, in Aids ridden Africa.
tvellalott
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/16/2010 4:30:23 PM
At 9/16/2010 4:27:34 PM, vivalayeo wrote:

If you read the article, you will find that the Pope equate's Atheism as the major factor in Nazism. I find that quite rich since the Catholic Church co-operated with Hitler on many occasions. Funny he should be sympathetic to Jews now, even though they were only given pardon for Deicide after WW2.

"As we reflect on the sobering lessons of atheist extremism of the 20th century, let us never forget how the exclusion of God, religion and virtue from public life leads ultimately to a truncated vision of man and of society and thus a reductive vision of a person and his destiny."

Interesting statement coming for a church that is constantly trying to dumb down education, hide paedophil priest, denounce homosexuality and discourage the use of Condoms, especially where they are needed, in Aids ridden Africa.

Amen.
"Caitlyn Jenner is an incredibly brave and stunningly beautiful woman."

Muh threads
Using mafia tactics in real-life: http://www.debate.org...
6 years of DDO: http://www.debate.org...
tBoonePickens
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/16/2010 5:34:00 PM
Didn't many in the Church help Jews escape Nazism? Answer: yes.

Well said!

I dunno about your country but in mine, the average Catholic school usually provides a better education than the average public school. I for one had a Jesuit education, was taught evolution, philosophy, chemistry, physics, etc.

As far as denounce homosexuals go: the Catholic Church isn't alone in that; not mention that I don't think there is something inherently wrong with denouncing. Surely, plenty of homosexuals and others like yourself denounce the Church yet you find nothing wrong with that.

The condom argument is one of the silliest ones that's bandied about, and it's one of selective interpretation of Church's teachings. The Church forbids extramarital sex as well as non-procreational sex: you can't have sex unless you're married & if are married & you do have sex, it should only be done in order to procreate. The Church also disallows the use of condoms. So, if you follow the Churches rules, you would be infinitely more effective at stopping the spread of AIDS than if you used a condom! Sometimes people through common sense out the window, I tell you.

That they hid priests that were guilty of pedophilia in the past, is bad thing. They should have thrown them to the lions. However, I think that the current Pope is being more aggressive about this and is weeding them out. Should one be punished for learning from their mistakes? Of course not.
WOS
: At 10/3/2012 4:28:52 AM, Wallstreetatheist wrote:
: Without nothing existing, you couldn't have something.
lovelife
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/16/2010 8:54:29 PM
The condom argument is one of the silliest ones that's bandied about, and it's one of selective interpretation of Church's teachings. The Church forbids extramarital sex as well as non-procreational sex: you can't have sex unless you're married & if are married & you do have sex, it should only be done in order to procreate. The Church also disallows the use of condoms. So, if you follow the Churches rules, you would be infinitely more effective at stopping the spread of AIDS than if you used a condom! Sometimes people through common sense out the window, I tell you.

So force others with their own culture to accept YOUR way of life. Sure they should probably be married or something but if they choose to have sex outside of marriage they should just get AIDS, what about if someone has AIDS gets married has UNPROTECTED sex gives his wife AIDS he dies she marries another, spreads it, and it just KEEPS going because the church wont allow them to just have condoms. Seriously the church needs to stop being up everyone's @ss about everything. Especially non-members.
Without Royal there is a hole inside of me, I have no choice but to leave
jharry
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/16/2010 9:38:37 PM

Your contempt for the Pope. Your point?
In nomine Patris, et Filii, et Spiritus Sancti. Amen
vivalayeo
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/17/2010 12:38:13 AM
At 9/16/2010 9:38:37 PM, jharry wrote:

Your contempt for the Pope. Your point?

Oh very witty, pat yourself on the back. If you haven't noticed, I am not condemning all catholic's for atrocities and blaming their doctrine for the existence of evil. And yes, I do have contempt for the Pope, it is my right to be critical on someone who clearly deserves it.
FREEDO
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/17/2010 1:31:51 AM
At 9/16/2010 4:33:22 PM, vivalayeo wrote:

But he insisted: "Religion is in fact a guarantee of authentic liberty and respect."

From another article, just for an added bonus

"In every country and every age, the priest has been hostile to liberty. He is always in alliance with the despot"
~ Thomas Jefferson
GRAND POOBAH OF DDO

fnord
mcc1789
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/17/2010 2:02:17 AM
At 9/16/2010 5:34:00 PM, tBoonePickens wrote:
Some did indeed. The Pope took no position. Others were actively involved with the Holocaust, or the Croatian Ustase butchering Serbs. The Church recognized Nazi Germany. Catholic and Lutheran teachings inspired the Nazis. Only one Nazi was excommunicated, and that was for marrying a Lutheran.
Well said!
Right, because Iran is a lovely place to live as Francoist Spain was, and Stalin wasn't God of the USSR.
I dunno about your country but in mine, the average Catholic school usually provides a better education than the average public school. I for one had a Jesuit education, was taught evolution, philosophy, chemistry, physics, etc.
How were your sex ed classes?
As far as denounce homosexuals go: the Catholic Church isn't alone in that; not mention that I don't think there is something inherently wrong with denouncing. Surely, plenty of homosexuals and others like yourself denounce the Church yet you find nothing wrong with that.
They can denounce, and we'll do it right back.
Bertrand Russell said it best :Supposing that in this world that we live in today an inexperienced girl is married to a syphilitic man; in that case the Catholic Church says, "This is an indissoluble sacrament. You must endure celibacy or stay together. And if you stay together, you must not use birth control to prevent the birth of syphilitic children." This holds even more horribly for AIDS.
That they hid priests that were guilty of pedophilia in the past, is bad thing. They should have thrown them to the lions. However, I think that the current Pope is being more aggressive about this and is weeding them out. Should one be punished for learning from their mistakes? Of course not.
The current Pope was, in fact, instrumental in hiding those same priests, up to the 2000s before he was elected. So, are we to have accomplices judge themselves? If the Catholic Church is learning from its mistakes, well and good. I am skeptical of this, and even more the Pope, given his past crimes in covering it up.
Reality is that which, when you stop believing in it, doesn't go away.-Philip K. Dick
Veridas
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/17/2010 4:11:53 AM

Oh no, a senile old bastard in a funny hat hates us, whatever will we do?
What fresh dickery is the internet up to today?
Cerebral_Narcissist
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/17/2010 4:37:07 AM

Wasn't Hitler Christian: Yes. Didn't he invoke Christ as justification for the holocaust: Yes. Wasn't the holocaust found on centuries of Christian hate, oh yes.

He was directly responsible for this sheilding. There is no evidence he has learned his lesson.
I am voting for Innomen because of his intelligence, common sense, humility and the fact that Juggle appears to listen to him. Any other Presidential style would have a large sub-section of the site up in arms. If I was President I would destroy the site though elitism, others would let it run riot. Innomen represents a middle way that works, neither draconian nor anarchic and that is the only way things can work. Plus he does it all without ego trips.
MarquisX
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/17/2010 6:33:43 AM
At 9/17/2010 4:37:07 AM, Cerebral_Narcissist wrote:

Wasn't Hitler Christian: Yes. Didn't he invoke Christ as justification for the holocaust: Yes. Wasn't the holocaust found on centuries of Christian hate, oh yes.
Hitler wasn't Christian and you know this. I've seen you around and I know you are too intelligent and know that Hitler despised Christianity. But you are right in that he did use Christianity to get others to support the holocaust

He was directly responsible for this sheilding. There is no evidence he has learned his lesson.
Sophisticated ignorance, write my curses in cursive
Cerebral_Narcissist
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/17/2010 6:37:13 AM
At 9/17/2010 6:33:43 AM, MarquisX wrote:

Hitler wasn't Christian and you know this. I've seen you around and I know you are too intelligent and know that Hitler despised Christianity. But you are right in that he did use Christianity to get others to support the holocaust

No I do not know this, I know that he was anti-clerical and surrounded by various occultists, but without being able to read his mind it appears he was highly devout.
I am voting for Innomen because of his intelligence, common sense, humility and the fact that Juggle appears to listen to him. Any other Presidential style would have a large sub-section of the site up in arms. If I was President I would destroy the site though elitism, others would let it run riot. Innomen represents a middle way that works, neither draconian nor anarchic and that is the only way things can work. Plus he does it all without ego trips.
MarquisX
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/17/2010 6:47:21 AM
At 9/17/2010 6:37:13 AM, Cerebral_Narcissist wrote:

No I do not know this, I know that he was anti-clerical and surrounded by various occultists, but without being able to read his mind it appears he was highly devout.

Well his best buddies Goebbels, Speer, and Bormahn, said that in private he had serious hatred for Christianity. Here are some quotes I found...."He wished that the time were ripe for him to be able to openly express that. Christianity had corrupted and infected the entire world of antiquity."- Goebbels.... Speer quoted Hitler as saying "You see, it's been our misfortune to have the wrong religion. Why didn't we have the religion of the Japanese, who regard sacrifice for the Fatherland as the highest good? The Mohammedan religion too would have been much more compatible to us than Christianity. Why did it have to be Christianity with its meekness and flabbiness?"
In 1941, Hitler praised an anti-Christian tract from AD 362, neo-platonist and pagan Roman emperor Julian the Apostate's Against the Galileans, saying "I really hadn't known how clearly a man like Julian had judged Christians and Christianity, one must read this...." Hitler also said, "Our epoch will certainly see the end of the disease of Christianity."
In 1941, according to the diary of Nazi General Gerhart Engel, Hitler stated "I am now as before a Catholic and will always remain so."
Author Konrad Heiden has quoted Hitler as stating, "We do not want any other god than Germany itself. It is essential to have fanatical faith and hope and love in and for Germany."
Cerebral_Narcissist
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/17/2010 6:51:39 AM
At 9/17/2010 6:47:21 AM, MarquisX wrote:

Well his best buddies Goebbels, Speer, and Bormahn, said that in private he had serious hatred for Christianity. Here are some quotes I found...."He wished that the time were ripe for him to be able to openly express that. Christianity had corrupted and infected the entire world of antiquity."- Goebbels.... Speer quoted Hitler as saying "You see, it's been our misfortune to have the wrong religion. Why didn't we have the religion of the Japanese, who regard sacrifice for the Fatherland as the highest good? The Mohammedan religion too would have been much more compatible to us than Christianity. Why did it have to be Christianity with its meekness and flabbiness?"
In 1941, Hitler praised an anti-Christian tract from AD 362, neo-platonist and pagan Roman emperor Julian the Apostate's Against the Galileans, saying "I really hadn't known how clearly a man like Julian had judged Christians and Christianity, one must read this...." Hitler also said, "Our epoch will certainly see the end of the disease of Christianity."
In 1941, according to the diary of Nazi General Gerhart Engel, Hitler stated "I am now as before a Catholic and will always remain so.": Author Konrad Heiden has quoted Hitler as stating, "We do not want any other god than Germany itself. It is essential to have fanatical faith and hope and love in and for Germany."

That is a bit contradictory isn't it?
MarquisX
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/17/2010 7:01:57 AM
At 9/17/2010 6:51:39 AM, Cerebral_Narcissist wrote:

In 1941, according to the diary of Nazi General Gerhart Engel, Hitler stated "I am now as before a Catholic and will always remain so.": Author Konrad Heiden has quoted Hitler as stating, "We do not want any other god than Germany itself. It is essential to have fanatical faith and hope and love in and for Germany."

I don't follow. What is?
jharry
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/17/2010 7:03:47 AM
If you read the article, you will find that the Pope equates Atheism as the major factor in Nazism. I find that quite rich since the Catholic Church co-operated with Hitler on many occasions. Funny he should be sympathetic to Jews now, even though they were only given pardon for Decide after WW2.

No they don't want to group you in with crazy people that do horrible things in the name of something.

Just turn it around on them. Wasn't Alfred Kinsey and Jeffrey Dahmer atheists? Should we group him in with them?

"if a person doesn't think that there is a God to be accountable to, then what's the point of trying to modify your behavior to keep within acceptable ranges"?
Jeffrey Dahmer.

I heard statements that were pretty close to that here. Hmmmmmmmm
In nomine Patris, et Filii, et Spiritus Sancti. Amen
MarquisX
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/17/2010 7:22:48 AM
At 9/17/2010 7:03:47 AM, jharry wrote:
If you read the article, you will find that the Pope equates Atheism as the major factor in Nazism. I find that quite rich since the Catholic Church co-operated with Hitler on many occasions. Funny he should be sympathetic to Jews now, even though they were only given pardon for Decide after WW2.

No they don't want to group you in with crazy people that do horrible things in the name of something.

Just turn it around on them. Wasn't Alfred Kinsey and Jeffrey Dahmer atheists? Should we group him in with them?

"if a person doesn't think that there is a God to be accountable to, then what's the point of trying to modify your behavior to keep within acceptable ranges"?
Jeffrey Dahmer.

No because there is no atheist holy book so whatever crimes they commit apparently can't be held atheism. I brought this argument to Geo in regards to Anti-theism and since there is no holy book stalin trying to rid the world of theist wasn't because of his anti-theism
Cerebral_Narcissist
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/17/2010 8:04:36 AM
At 9/17/2010 7:01:57 AM, MarquisX wrote:
At 9/17/2010 6:51:39 AM, Cerebral_Narcissist wrote:

I don't follow. What is?

You are claiming he was not a Christian, yet you quote...
"I am now as before a Catholic and will always remain so."
Cerebral_Narcissist
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/17/2010 8:05:45 AM
At 9/17/2010 7:03:47 AM, jharry wrote:

Jeffrey Dahmer.

No you haven't.
Freeman
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/17/2010 9:15:38 AM

This is ridiculous. Atheism (http://www.debate.org...) seems like a perfectly nice guy and has never shown the slightest bit of support for Nazism. The Pope should grow a pair and pick on someone his own size. Leave atheism out of this.
Chancellor of Propaganda and Foreign Relations in the Franklin administration.

"I intend to live forever. So far, so good." -- Steven Wright
Marauder
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/17/2010 9:19:55 AM
the pope has a problem with atheist....no way how could that ever happen?
One act of Rebellion created all the darkness and evil in the world; One life of Total Obedience created a path back to eternity and God.

A Scout is Obedient.
popculturepooka
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/17/2010 9:26:33 AM
At 9/17/2010 9:15:38 AM, Freeman wrote:

This is ridiculous. Atheism (http://www.debate.org...) seems like a perfectly nice guy and has never shown the slightest bit of support for Nazism. The Pope should grow a pair and pick on someone his own size. Leave atheism out of this.

Not to mention the fact that Atheism wasn't even alive back then.
At 10/3/2016 11:49:13 PM, thett3 wrote:
BLACK LIVES MATTER!
innomen
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/17/2010 10:25:14 AM
At 9/17/2010 9:19:55 AM, Marauder wrote:

And they've been so kind to him.
Vi_Veri
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/17/2010 10:35:05 AM
At 9/17/2010 10:25:14 AM, innomen wrote:

He shouldn't be spewing bullsh1t.

Oh wait! He does that every day XD
I could give a f about no haters as long as my ishes love me.
Kinesis
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/17/2010 10:45:29 AM

All of this is irrelevant. The point is that the church should have reversed its stance as soon as they realised it was directly responsible for the deaths of millions of people.

People will never stop having sex without the goal to procreate - it's built into our psychology. The only question is whether it should be safe sex or whether it should carry potentially life threatening risks. It's madness to pick the latter.
tBoonePickens
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/17/2010 11:32:54 AM
At 9/16/2010 8:54:29 PM, lovelife wrote:
So force others with their own culture to accept YOUR way of life.
No one's being forced into anything. What are you talking about?

Sure they should probably be married or something but if they choose to have sex outside of marriage they should just get AIDS
That's ridiculous! You missed the whole point! If you are going to break the "no sex before marriage" rule why wouldn't you break the "no condom rule" as well? This is what I mean about common sense.

...what about if someone has AIDS gets married has UNPROTECTED sex gives his wife AIDS he dies she marries another, spreads it, and it just KEEPS going because the church wont allow them to just have condoms.
From non-sense to the ridiculous. Jesus, common sense IS really dead!

(1) Why would she marry someone with AIDS?
(a) She wouldn't. Makes your point moot.
(b) She would, so she either knows the risk or not; either way, condoms cannot protect against ignorance. Makes your point moot.
(c) He lied to her. Condoms cannot protect against deception. Makes your point moot.

(2) If she did, why would she have sex with him, protected or otherwise?
(a) She either knows the risk or not; either way, condoms cannot protect against ignorance. Makes your point moot.

Basically, EPIC fail.

Seriously the church needs to stop being up everyone's @ss about everything. Especially non-members.
Who said anything about non-members? Fail.

At 9/17/2010 2:02:17 AM, mcc1789 wrote:
Bertrand Russell said it best :Supposing that in this world that we live in today an inexperienced girl is married to a syphilitic man; in that case the Catholic Church says, "This is an indissoluble sacrament. You must endure celibacy or stay together. And if you stay together, you must not use birth control to prevent the birth of syphilitic children." This holds even more horribly for AIDS.
(1) In "today's world" or any other world, one should not enter easily into a marriage; it is a very serious thing. (2) With all the preliminary stuff that's done (blood tests, etc.) before the marriage, I find it very difficult for the above scenario to arise. (3) Syphilis is curable. (4) You can separate. (5) You can stay together and not have sex. (6) You can get an annulment so long as you did not consummate the marriage. (7) You should be aware of all of this ahead of time. (8) You can both make amends and continue the marriage. And my favorite one of all: (9) don't ask for permission, ask for forgiveness!

The current Pope was, in fact, instrumental in hiding those same priests, up to the 2000s before he was elected.
Key word in bold above.

So, are we to have accomplices judge themselves?
Sure. We do it all the time.

If the Catholic Church is learning from its mistakes, well and good. I am skeptical of this, and even more the Pope, given his past crimes in covering it up.
It's good to be skeptical! However, I think the Church is on a better track now.

Wasn't Hitler Christian: Yes.
LMFAO! He was as much a Christian as you are! Less so than you, I'd be willing to bet.

Didn't he invoke Christ as justification for the holocaust: Yes.
He invoked many things, of which this was one. Was Christ's crucifixion the impetus for the holocaust? Answer: not even in your wildest hallucinations.

Wasn't the holocaust found on centuries of Christian hate, oh yes.
Right, because the Nazis went around preserving Christian lives and promoting Christendom. For sure. Were it not for Hitler turning the other cheek, the Jewish army would have never been able to defeated him!

Sure there is.

At 9/17/2010 9:26:33 AM, popculturepooka wrote:
Why atheism was just invented yesterday! The concept never existed in antiquity. No way!
WOS
Cerebral_Narcissist
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/17/2010 11:40:09 AM
LMFAO! He was as much a Christian as you are! Less so than you, I'd be willing to bet.

He was officially a member of the Catholic Church, indeed still is. Still not yet excommunicated. He repeatedly stated that he was a follower of Christ.

He invoked many things, of which this was one. Was Christ's crucifixion the impetus for the holocaust? Answer: not even in your wildest hallucinations.

Indirectly and partially yes.

Right, because the Nazis went around preserving Christian lives and promoting Christendom. For sure. Were it not for Hitler turning the other cheek, the Jewish army would have never been able to defeated him!

Does not seem to be a rebuttal at all. Maybe you should look up the first act of the people's crusade.

Sure there is.

Did he make a public apology for his actions, has he defrocked any Priests? Has he opened Vatican abuse files to interpol?

Why atheism was just invented yesterday! The concept never existed in antiquity. No way!

Atheism the member.
tBoonePickens
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/17/2010 2:01:51 PM
At 9/17/2010 11:40:09 AM, Cerebral_Narcissist wrote:
He was officially a member of the Catholic Church, indeed still is.
Actually, he's dead and in hell. Do you think that excommunicating him then would have made a difference? Many if not most people in your country didn't "excommunicate" him until AFTER he went to war with them.

Still not yet excommunicated.
And as fas as I know, the Church doesn't excommunicate dead people.

He repeatedly stated that he was a follower of Christ.
And I know a hooker that swears she's a virgin!

Your hallucinations are wilder than I thought.

Does not seem to be a rebuttal at all.
Seems good to me: one absurdity for another.

Maybe you should look up the first act of the people's crusade.
Which Dan Brown book should I use as a source?

Sure there is.
Did he make a public apology for his actions, has he defrocked any Priests? Has he opened Vatican abuse files to interpol?
The Pope said the church had been "not sufficiently vigilant and not sufficiently swift and decisive" in dealing with the crisis. "I must say that these revelations were a shock for me, a great sadness," he said. He said pedophiles must be "excluded from any possibility of access to young people..." Let's wait and see.

Atheism the member.
Oh. That one went right over my head!

At 9/17/2010 10:35:05 AM, Vi_Veri wrote:
At 9/17/2010 10:25:14 AM, innomen wrote:

He shouldn't be spewing bullsh1t.

Oh wait! He does that every day XD

LOL! This being posted on a website specifically designed for bullsh!tting!
WOS
Cerebral_Narcissist
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/17/2010 3:43:49 PM
At 9/17/2010 2:01:51 PM, tBoonePickens wrote:
At 9/17/2010 11:40:09 AM, Cerebral_Narcissist wrote:
He was officially a member of the Catholic Church, indeed still is.
Actually, he's dead and in hell.

Yes so he is still a Catholic.

Do you think that excommunicating him then would have made a difference?

Apparently decisions made by Catholic wizards directly impact the structure of the afterlife and the transit of souls through it.

Many if not most people in your country didn't "excommunicate" him until AFTER he went to war with them.

Different Church.

Still not yet excommunicated.
And as fas as I know, the Church doesn't excommunicate dead people.

The first schismatic Patriarch of Constantinople was excommunicated after death, though that was due to a communications error. The late Pope Formosus was exhumed and put on trial... but not actually excommunicated as far as I can tell.

He repeatedly stated that he was a follower of Christ.
And I know a hooker that swears she's a virgin!

Maybe she just does handjobs?

Your hallucinations are wilder than I thought.

No one in the history of the world has ever held the Jews to account for the death of Jesus. Yes I am being sarcastic.

Maybe you should look up the first act of the people's crusade.
Which Dan Brown book should I use as a source?

It was a real historical event, well so is half the stuff that Dan Brown embezzles. Essentially the first act of the crusading epoch was the murder of German Jews. You seem to be denying the history of anti-semitism.

Sure there is.
The Pope said the church had been "not sufficiently vigilant and not sufficiently swift and decisive" in dealing with the crisis. "I must say that these revelations were a shock for me, a great sadness," he said. He said pedophiles must be "excluded from any possibility of access to young people..." Let's wait and see.

The Pope repeatedly shielded paedophillic Priests, returning them to their duties after one day of counselling or similar pathetic efforts. He has yet to issue a proper public apology. He is free to do so, it is not covered by infallibility or anything other BS religious excuse.