Jump to topic:

I set before you life and death...

IntellectVsSpirit5000
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/4/2015 4:14:37 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
In the Bible God says,"I set before you life and death. I would have you choose life." Atheism is in accordance with this request choosing death. At judgement choosing death probably warrants as a choice to die and never experience again or sees loved ones again.
DanMGTOW
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/4/2015 5:12:00 AM
At 10/4/2015 4:14:37 AM, IntellectVsSpirit5000 wrote:
In the Bible God says,"I set before you life and death. I would have you choose life." Atheism is in accordance with this request choosing death. At judgement choosing death probably warrants as a choice to die and never experience again or sees loved ones again.

why are you so afraid of the not existing?
i like what mark twain said
"I do not fear death. I had been dead for billions and billions of years before I was born, and had not suffered the slightest inconvenience from it."
there are over 5,000 gods in human history, the difference is i believe in at least 1 less god than you do.
what method did you use to determine that your god is real, and the rest of them are not?
JJ50
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/4/2015 7:39:28 AM

I choose death if the alternative is being in the presence of the evil Biblical deity!
Illegalcombatant
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/4/2015 8:59:10 AM
In the Bible God says,

Really ? we are going to play this game, well God said................
"Seems like another attempt to insert God into areas our knowledge has yet to penetrate. You figure God would be bigger than the gaps of our ignorance." Drafterman 19/5/12
bulproof
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/4/2015 12:55:31 PM
I'll help you out here.
"In the Bible some man says that God says,"I set before you life and death. I would have you choose life."
Your god has never said a single word.

"Atheism is in accordance with this request choosing death"
Death is caused (in most species) by conception. One naturally follows the other. as you christians are so fond of saying, just look around you. No-one requests death, most especially those who believe in an afterlife of total JOY and LOVE. Just ask yourself why you don't top yourself to short cut the system?

"At judgement choosing death probably warrants as a choice to die and never experience again or sees loved ones again."
Judgement is just something another member of mankind told you, do you consider him his purported god?
Wouldn't it be a lovely story that we could all get to see our deceased loved ones again?
That is precisely why cavemen came up with a pacifying afterlife and gods to facilitate it.
The only problem is that your overwhelming joy of seeing your son is not even tempered by the absolute horror you should feel seeing your much loved daughter suffering eternal torture.
Does you god have the right to make your love worthless and yet still DEMAND your unequivocal love?
Good luck with that.
Religion is just mind control. George Carlin
dee-em
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/4/2015 12:58:57 PM

In the Bible God says ... nothing at all. It's men all the way down the line. There is no God. Deep down most theists know this but they are afraid of the long dark so they try hard to convince themselves that they have a personal relationship with an invisible friend. It never quite works on an individual basis so they go for safety in numbers. That is why they strive so fervently to convince others of their pretend experience. It's mainly to cover up their own unvoiced doubts and keep the fear of death at bay.