Total Posts:37|Showing Posts:1-30|Last Page
Jump to topic:

Theists, what did God do before creation

beng100
Posts: 1,055
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/4/2015 9:47:58 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
Theists claim God has existed for eternity. In my view this claim is impossible. However even if true the obvious question arises. What did God do before creating the universe? It must have been boring doing nothing for trillions of years! Then suddenly out of nowhere this god decides to create a complex universe placing a huge emphasis on one species on a small planet in an average solar system on the edge of an average galaxy. It seems strange to say the least!
godsworker
Posts: 21
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/4/2015 11:21:08 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 10/4/2015 9:47:58 PM, beng100 wrote:
Theists claim God has existed for eternity. In my view this claim is impossible. However even if true the obvious question arises. What did God do before creating the universe? It must have been boring doing nothing for trillions of years! Then suddenly out of nowhere this god decides to create a complex universe placing a huge emphasis on one species on a small planet in an average solar system on the edge of an average galaxy. It seems strange to say the least! : :

In order to create a virtual reality program called Eternal Life, our Creator had to do a lot of planning. I'm sure he had many examples to get his ideas from before he started creating his program. I know for one thing, his technology is way more advanced than the technology he had his characters build.
annanicole
Posts: 19,791
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/4/2015 11:30:23 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 10/4/2015 11:21:08 PM, godsworker wrote:
At 10/4/2015 9:47:58 PM, beng100 wrote:
Theists claim God has existed for eternity. In my view this claim is impossible. However even if true the obvious question arises. What did God do before creating the universe? It must have been boring doing nothing for trillions of years! Then suddenly out of nowhere this god decides to create a complex universe placing a huge emphasis on one species on a small planet in an average solar system on the edge of an average galaxy. It seems strange to say the least! : :

In order to create a virtual reality program called Eternal Life, our Creator had to do a lot of planning. I'm sure he had many examples to get his ideas from before he started creating his program. I know for one thing, his technology is way more advanced than the technology he had his characters build.

Nobody said that eternal life is a "virtual reality program". Are we inclined to allow a ding-a-ling who fed us a line of BS about his own death to come up with ideas about how God created things? I think not.
Madcornishbiker: "No, I don't need a dictionary, I know how scripture uses words and that is all I need to now."
godsworker
Posts: 21
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/4/2015 11:33:14 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 10/4/2015 11:30:23 PM, annanicole wrote:
At 10/4/2015 11:21:08 PM, godsworker wrote:
At 10/4/2015 9:47:58 PM, beng100 wrote:
Theists claim God has existed for eternity. In my view this claim is impossible. However even if true the obvious question arises. What did God do before creating the universe? It must have been boring doing nothing for trillions of years! Then suddenly out of nowhere this god decides to create a complex universe placing a huge emphasis on one species on a small planet in an average solar system on the edge of an average galaxy. It seems strange to say the least! : :

In order to create a virtual reality program called Eternal Life, our Creator had to do a lot of planning. I'm sure he had many examples to get his ideas from before he started creating his program. I know for one thing, his technology is way more advanced than the technology he had his characters build.

Nobody said that eternal life is a "virtual reality program". Are we inclined to allow a ding-a-ling who fed us a line of BS about his own death to come up with ideas about how God created things? I think not. : :

God's other saints didn't have the privilege to have computer technology for God to use to teach them how he created everything, although they did learn that we all came from an invisible kingdom.
annanicole
Posts: 19,791
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/4/2015 11:49:19 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 10/4/2015 11:33:14 PM, godsworker wrote:
At 10/4/2015 11:30:23 PM, annanicole wrote:
At 10/4/2015 11:21:08 PM, godsworker wrote:
At 10/4/2015 9:47:58 PM, beng100 wrote:
Theists claim God has existed for eternity. In my view this claim is impossible. However even if true the obvious question arises. What did God do before creating the universe? It must have been boring doing nothing for trillions of years! Then suddenly out of nowhere this god decides to create a complex universe placing a huge emphasis on one species on a small planet in an average solar system on the edge of an average galaxy. It seems strange to say the least! : :

In order to create a virtual reality program called Eternal Life, our Creator had to do a lot of planning. I'm sure he had many examples to get his ideas from before he started creating his program. I know for one thing, his technology is way more advanced than the technology he had his characters build.

Nobody said that eternal life is a "virtual reality program". Are we inclined to allow a ding-a-ling who fed us a line of BS about his own death to come up with ideas about how God created things? I think not. : :

God's other saints didn't have the privilege to have computer technology for God to use to teach them how he created everything ....

So basically you came up with how God created everything by "computer technology"? LMAO. A fella gives us the details of his own death - which was supposed to occur 9 months ago - undertakes to explain creation to us by using "computer technology"? I think not.
Madcornishbiker: "No, I don't need a dictionary, I know how scripture uses words and that is all I need to now."
dsjpk5
Posts: 3,012
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/4/2015 11:56:34 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 10/4/2015 9:47:58 PM, beng100 wrote:
Theists claim God has existed for eternity. In my view this claim is impossible. However even if true the obvious question arises. What did God do before creating the universe? It must have been boring doing nothing for trillions of years! Then suddenly out of nowhere this god decides to create a complex universe placing a huge emphasis on one species on a small planet in an average solar system on the edge of an average galaxy. It seems strange to say the least!

Before the creation of physical time, there was no such thing as "trillions of years". Your question is nonsensical.
If that was the only issue, then vote moderation could be avoided more often, since a vote in which the voter does explain sufficiently how at least one point a debater made swung their vote, would be considered sufficient. -Airmax
godsworker
Posts: 21
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/5/2015 1:55:14 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 10/4/2015 11:49:19 PM, annanicole wrote:
At 10/4/2015 11:33:14 PM, godsworker wrote:
At 10/4/2015 11:30:23 PM, annanicole wrote:
At 10/4/2015 11:21:08 PM, godsworker wrote:
At 10/4/2015 9:47:58 PM, beng100 wrote:
Theists claim God has existed for eternity. In my view this claim is impossible. However even if true the obvious question arises. What did God do before creating the universe? It must have been boring doing nothing for trillions of years! Then suddenly out of nowhere this god decides to create a complex universe placing a huge emphasis on one species on a small planet in an average solar system on the edge of an average galaxy. It seems strange to say the least! : :

In order to create a virtual reality program called Eternal Life, our Creator had to do a lot of planning. I'm sure he had many examples to get his ideas from before he started creating his program. I know for one thing, his technology is way more advanced than the technology he had his characters build.

Nobody said that eternal life is a "virtual reality program". Are we inclined to allow a ding-a-ling who fed us a line of BS about his own death to come up with ideas about how God created things? I think not. : :

God's other saints didn't have the privilege to have computer technology for God to use to teach them how he created everything ....

So basically you came up with how God created everything by "computer technology"? LMAO. A fella gives us the details of his own death - which was supposed to occur 9 months ago - undertakes to explain creation to us by using "computer technology"? I think not. : :

God uses the objects on this earth and what man builds to teach us saints about the future and how he created everything. Christians don't understand this concept.
annanicole
Posts: 19,791
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/5/2015 2:03:57 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 10/5/2015 1:55:14 AM, godsworker wrote:
At 10/4/2015 11:49:19 PM, annanicole wrote:
At 10/4/2015 11:33:14 PM, godsworker wrote:
At 10/4/2015 11:30:23 PM, annanicole wrote:
At 10/4/2015 11:21:08 PM, godsworker wrote:
At 10/4/2015 9:47:58 PM, beng100 wrote:
Theists claim God has existed for eternity. In my view this claim is impossible. However even if true the obvious question arises. What did God do before creating the universe? It must have been boring doing nothing for trillions of years! Then suddenly out of nowhere this god decides to create a complex universe placing a huge emphasis on one species on a small planet in an average solar system on the edge of an average galaxy. It seems strange to say the least! : :

In order to create a virtual reality program called Eternal Life, our Creator had to do a lot of planning. I'm sure he had many examples to get his ideas from before he started creating his program. I know for one thing, his technology is way more advanced than the technology he had his characters build.

Nobody said that eternal life is a "virtual reality program". Are we inclined to allow a ding-a-ling who fed us a line of BS about his own death to come up with ideas about how God created things? I think not. : :

God's other saints didn't have the privilege to have computer technology for God to use to teach them how he created everything ....

So basically you came up with how God created everything by "computer technology"? LMAO. A fella gives us the details of his own death - which was supposed to occur 9 months ago - undertakes to explain creation to us by using "computer technology"? I think not. : :

God uses the objects on this earth and what man builds to teach us saints about the future and how he created everything. Christians don't understand this concept.

... but you aren't one of "us saints", Brad. Remember? You said that God taught you that ALL SAINTS testify of God for 1,260 days. You're at about 1,550 now - and counting.

Did God really teach you that ALL SAINTS - 100% of them - testify of God for 1,260 days, then are killed off? That's what you claimed God taught you at one time. Are you still teaching that? I haven't heard a peep out of you about "1,260 days" for some time now.
Madcornishbiker: "No, I don't need a dictionary, I know how scripture uses words and that is all I need to now."
godsworker
Posts: 21
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/5/2015 3:19:46 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 10/5/2015 2:03:57 AM, annanicole wrote:
At 10/5/2015 1:55:14 AM, godsworker wrote:
At 10/4/2015 11:49:19 PM, annanicole wrote:
At 10/4/2015 11:33:14 PM, godsworker wrote:
At 10/4/2015 11:30:23 PM, annanicole wrote:
At 10/4/2015 11:21:08 PM, godsworker wrote:
At 10/4/2015 9:47:58 PM, beng100 wrote:
Theists claim God has existed for eternity. In my view this claim is impossible. However even if true the obvious question arises. What did God do before creating the universe? It must have been boring doing nothing for trillions of years! Then suddenly out of nowhere this god decides to create a complex universe placing a huge emphasis on one species on a small planet in an average solar system on the edge of an average galaxy. It seems strange to say the least! : :

In order to create a virtual reality program called Eternal Life, our Creator had to do a lot of planning. I'm sure he had many examples to get his ideas from before he started creating his program. I know for one thing, his technology is way more advanced than the technology he had his characters build.

Nobody said that eternal life is a "virtual reality program". Are we inclined to allow a ding-a-ling who fed us a line of BS about his own death to come up with ideas about how God created things? I think not. : :

God's other saints didn't have the privilege to have computer technology for God to use to teach them how he created everything ....

So basically you came up with how God created everything by "computer technology"? LMAO. A fella gives us the details of his own death - which was supposed to occur 9 months ago - undertakes to explain creation to us by using "computer technology"? I think not. : :

God uses the objects on this earth and what man builds to teach us saints about the future and how he created everything. Christians don't understand this concept.

... but you aren't one of "us saints", Brad. Remember? You said that God taught you that ALL SAINTS testify of God for 1,260 days. You're at about 1,550 now - and counting.

Did God really teach you that ALL SAINTS - 100% of them - testify of God for 1,260 days, then are killed off? That's what you claimed God taught you at one time. Are you still teaching that? I haven't heard a peep out of you about "1,260 days" for some time now. : :

I've already discussed this with you, Anna. When are you going to get over it?
annanicole
Posts: 19,791
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/5/2015 3:24:56 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 10/5/2015 3:19:46 AM, godsworker wrote:
At 10/5/2015 2:03:57 AM, annanicole wrote:
At 10/5/2015 1:55:14 AM, godsworker wrote:
At 10/4/2015 11:49:19 PM, annanicole wrote:
At 10/4/2015 11:33:14 PM, godsworker wrote:
At 10/4/2015 11:30:23 PM, annanicole wrote:
At 10/4/2015 11:21:08 PM, godsworker wrote:
At 10/4/2015 9:47:58 PM, beng100 wrote:
Theists claim God has existed for eternity. In my view this claim is impossible. However even if true the obvious question arises. What did God do before creating the universe? It must have been boring doing nothing for trillions of years! Then suddenly out of nowhere this god decides to create a complex universe placing a huge emphasis on one species on a small planet in an average solar system on the edge of an average galaxy. It seems strange to say the least! : :

In order to create a virtual reality program called Eternal Life, our Creator had to do a lot of planning. I'm sure he had many examples to get his ideas from before he started creating his program. I know for one thing, his technology is way more advanced than the technology he had his characters build.

Nobody said that eternal life is a "virtual reality program". Are we inclined to allow a ding-a-ling who fed us a line of BS about his own death to come up with ideas about how God created things? I think not. : :

God's other saints didn't have the privilege to have computer technology for God to use to teach them how he created everything ....

So basically you came up with how God created everything by "computer technology"? LMAO. A fella gives us the details of his own death - which was supposed to occur 9 months ago - undertakes to explain creation to us by using "computer technology"? I think not. : :

God uses the objects on this earth and what man builds to teach us saints about the future and how he created everything. Christians don't understand this concept.

... but you aren't one of "us saints", Brad. Remember? You said that God taught you that ALL SAINTS testify of God for 1,260 days. You're at about 1,550 now - and counting.

Did God really teach you that ALL SAINTS - 100% of them - testify of God for 1,260 days, then are killed off? That's what you claimed God taught you at one time. Are you still teaching that? I haven't heard a peep out of you about "1,260 days" for some time now. : :

I've already discussed this with you, Anna. When are you going to get over it?

You never quite explained it, so I'll repeat the question:

Did God really teach you that ALL SAINTS - 100% of them - testify of God for 1,260 days, then are killed off?
Madcornishbiker: "No, I don't need a dictionary, I know how scripture uses words and that is all I need to now."
IntellectVsSpirit5000
Posts: 1,266
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/5/2015 3:26:47 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
We know he was amongst angels well before our existance. It probably took quite a bit of time to create Heaven. And then He probably created things we know nothing about.
IntellectVsSpirit5000
Posts: 1,266
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/5/2015 3:29:17 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 10/4/2015 9:47:58 PM, beng100 wrote:
Theists claim God has existed for eternity. In my view this claim is impossible. However even if true the obvious question arises. What did God do before creating the universe? It must have been boring doing nothing for trillions of years! Then suddenly out of nowhere this god decides to create a complex universe placing a huge emphasis on one species on a small planet in an average solar system on the edge of an average galaxy. It seems strange to say the least!

The human mind is governed. It has a simple view of time. To God time as we know it is simply his creation.
Mhykiel
Posts: 5,987
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/5/2015 3:34:08 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 10/4/2015 9:47:58 PM, beng100 wrote:
Theists claim God has existed for eternity. In my view this claim is impossible. However even if true the obvious question arises. What did God do before creating the universe? It must have been boring doing nothing for trillions of years! Then suddenly out of nowhere this god decides to create a complex universe placing a huge emphasis on one species on a small planet in an average solar system on the edge of an average galaxy. It seems strange to say the least!

No one knows.

Believe it or not there is a lot of stuff NOT written in the Bible. There is a lot of stuff not relevant to the human relationship with God.

your own inane ramblings assume there is only one universe and one line of time.
dee-em
Posts: 6,490
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/5/2015 3:36:27 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 10/4/2015 9:47:58 PM, beng100 wrote:
Theists claim God has existed for eternity. In my view this claim is impossible.

Of course it is. Theists point to the universe and say that something this complex cannot exist uncreated. Yet they have no problem with God, who must be at least as complex as the universe, existing uncreated. That's how the special pleading starts.

However even if true the obvious question arises. What did God do before creating the universe? It must have been boring doing nothing for trillions of years!

What time was there before the space-time universe? You will never get anything but mumbo-jumbo from a theist on this question.

Then suddenly out of nowhere this god decides to create a complex universe placing a huge emphasis on one species on a small planet in an average solar system on the edge of an average galaxy. It seems strange to say the least!

It's worse than that. We know from the Big Bang that the initial known state of the universe was quite simple. It was just energy in a very small volume of space-time. Everything else has appeared as the universe expanded and cooled. The physical processes are well understood and no God is needed to explain them. If there was a creator (natural or otherwise) for the initial Big Bang state, then no further input was needed or is evidenced by observation. So much for biblical God.
Outplayz
Posts: 1,274
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/5/2015 3:37:48 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 10/4/2015 9:47:58 PM, beng100 wrote:
Theists claim God has existed for eternity. In my view this claim is impossible. However even if true the obvious question arises. What did God do before creating the universe? It must have been boring doing nothing for trillions of years! Then suddenly out of nowhere this god decides to create a complex universe placing a huge emphasis on one species on a small planet in an average solar system on the edge of an average galaxy. It seems strange to say the least!

You are wise for asking questions like this. Most theist on here are going to try and dodge the question or make something up that has no barring on what you are really asking. I can answer this, however not in a theistic way. I wouldn't even say the way i look at the term "god" means what you think ... simply, if i go spiritual on this topic, i would say evolution of consciousness. From the first to now.
godsworker
Posts: 21
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/5/2015 3:42:16 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 10/5/2015 3:24:56 AM, annanicole wrote:
At 10/5/2015 3:19:46 AM, godsworker wrote:
At 10/5/2015 2:03:57 AM, annanicole wrote:
At 10/5/2015 1:55:14 AM, godsworker wrote:
At 10/4/2015 11:49:19 PM, annanicole wrote:
At 10/4/2015 11:33:14 PM, godsworker wrote:
At 10/4/2015 11:30:23 PM, annanicole wrote:
At 10/4/2015 11:21:08 PM, godsworker wrote:
At 10/4/2015 9:47:58 PM, beng100 wrote:
Theists claim God has existed for eternity. In my view this claim is impossible. However even if true the obvious question arises. What did God do before creating the universe? It must have been boring doing nothing for trillions of years! Then suddenly out of nowhere this god decides to create a complex universe placing a huge emphasis on one species on a small planet in an average solar system on the edge of an average galaxy. It seems strange to say the least! : :

In order to create a virtual reality program called Eternal Life, our Creator had to do a lot of planning. I'm sure he had many examples to get his ideas from before he started creating his program. I know for one thing, his technology is way more advanced than the technology he had his characters build.

Nobody said that eternal life is a "virtual reality program". Are we inclined to allow a ding-a-ling who fed us a line of BS about his own death to come up with ideas about how God created things? I think not. : :

God's other saints didn't have the privilege to have computer technology for God to use to teach them how he created everything ....

So basically you came up with how God created everything by "computer technology"? LMAO. A fella gives us the details of his own death - which was supposed to occur 9 months ago - undertakes to explain creation to us by using "computer technology"? I think not. : :

God uses the objects on this earth and what man builds to teach us saints about the future and how he created everything. Christians don't understand this concept.

... but you aren't one of "us saints", Brad. Remember? You said that God taught you that ALL SAINTS testify of God for 1,260 days. You're at about 1,550 now - and counting.

Did God really teach you that ALL SAINTS - 100% of them - testify of God for 1,260 days, then are killed off? That's what you claimed God taught you at one time. Are you still teaching that? I haven't heard a peep out of you about "1,260 days" for some time now. : :

I've already discussed this with you, Anna. When are you going to get over it?

You never quite explained it, so I'll repeat the question:

Did God really teach you that ALL SAINTS - 100% of them - testify of God for 1,260 days, then are killed off? : :

I explained it but you don't believe it. Belief is a very powerful and so is disbelief.
annanicole
Posts: 19,791
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/5/2015 3:57:44 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 10/5/2015 3:42:16 AM, godsworker wrote:
At 10/5/2015 3:24:56 AM, annanicole wrote:
At 10/5/2015 3:19:46 AM, godsworker wrote:
At 10/5/2015 2:03:57 AM, annanicole wrote:
At 10/5/2015 1:55:14 AM, godsworker wrote:
At 10/4/2015 11:49:19 PM, annanicole wrote:
At 10/4/2015 11:33:14 PM, godsworker wrote:
At 10/4/2015 11:30:23 PM, annanicole wrote:
At 10/4/2015 11:21:08 PM, godsworker wrote:
At 10/4/2015 9:47:58 PM, beng100 wrote:
Theists claim God has existed for eternity. In my view this claim is impossible. However even if true the obvious question arises. What did God do before creating the universe? It must have been boring doing nothing for trillions of years! Then suddenly out of nowhere this god decides to create a complex universe placing a huge emphasis on one species on a small planet in an average solar system on the edge of an average galaxy. It seems strange to say the least! : :

In order to create a virtual reality program called Eternal Life, our Creator had to do a lot of planning. I'm sure he had many examples to get his ideas from before he started creating his program. I know for one thing, his technology is way more advanced than the technology he had his characters build.

Nobody said that eternal life is a "virtual reality program". Are we inclined to allow a ding-a-ling who fed us a line of BS about his own death to come up with ideas about how God created things? I think not. : :

God's other saints didn't have the privilege to have computer technology for God to use to teach them how he created everything ....

So basically you came up with how God created everything by "computer technology"? LMAO. A fella gives us the details of his own death - which was supposed to occur 9 months ago - undertakes to explain creation to us by using "computer technology"? I think not. : :

God uses the objects on this earth and what man builds to teach us saints about the future and how he created everything. Christians don't understand this concept.

... but you aren't one of "us saints", Brad. Remember? You said that God taught you that ALL SAINTS testify of God for 1,260 days. You're at about 1,550 now - and counting.

Did God really teach you that ALL SAINTS - 100% of them - testify of God for 1,260 days, then are killed off? That's what you claimed God taught you at one time. Are you still teaching that? I haven't heard a peep out of you about "1,260 days" for some time now. : :

I've already discussed this with you, Anna. When are you going to get over it?

You never quite explained it, so I'll repeat the question:

Did God really teach you that ALL SAINTS - 100% of them - testify of God for 1,260 days, then are killed off? : :

I explained it but you don't believe it.

Well, explain it again (assuming you explained it the other times). Or is this gonna turn out, ultimately, that you simply lie when you claim God told you this or that?
Madcornishbiker: "No, I don't need a dictionary, I know how scripture uses words and that is all I need to now."
bulproof
Posts: 25,303
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/5/2015 5:41:13 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
According to their god, nothing existed before creation, not even their god.
It's in his book.
birdlandmemories
Posts: 4,141
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/5/2015 5:46:24 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 10/5/2015 5:41:13 AM, bulproof wrote:
According to their god, nothing existed before creation, not even their god.
It's in his book.

So technically the bible has flawed logic... apparently God just randomly appeared out of nowhere.
Ashton
beng100
Posts: 1,055
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/5/2015 6:54:31 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 10/4/2015 11:56:34 PM, dsjpk5 wrote:
At 10/4/2015 9:47:58 PM, beng100 wrote:
Theists claim God has existed for eternity. In my view this claim is impossible. However even if true the obvious question arises. What did God do before creating the universe? It must have been boring doing nothing for trillions of years! Then suddenly out of nowhere this god decides to create a complex universe placing a huge emphasis on one species on a small planet in an average solar system on the edge of an average galaxy. It seems strange to say the least!

Before the creation of physical time, there was no such thing as "trillions of years". Your question is nonsensical.

No my question is logical. Yes I acknowledge earth years could not have existed but eternity is an extremely long period. What did God do?
beng100
Posts: 1,055
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/5/2015 7:13:37 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 10/5/2015 3:37:48 AM, Outplayz wrote:
At 10/4/2015 9:47:58 PM, beng100 wrote:
Theists claim God has existed for eternity. In my view this claim is impossible. However even if true the obvious question arises. What did God do before creating the universe? It must have been boring doing nothing for trillions of years! Then suddenly out of nowhere this god decides to create a complex universe placing a huge emphasis on one species on a small planet in an average solar system on the edge of an average galaxy. It seems strange to say the least!

You are wise for asking questions like this. Most theist on here are going to try and dodge the question or make something up that has no barring on what you are really asking. I can answer this, however not in a theistic way. I wouldn't even say the way i look at the term "god" means what you think ... simply, if i go spiritual on this topic, i would say evolution of consciousness. From the first to now.

So you are claiming god slowly evolved? That is clearly a speculative claim. It is the same scenario as the universe slowly evolving itself but with no supporting evidence.
beng100
Posts: 1,055
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/5/2015 7:15:32 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 10/5/2015 3:36:27 AM, dee-em wrote:
At 10/4/2015 9:47:58 PM, beng100 wrote:
Theists claim God has existed for eternity. In my view this claim is impossible.

Of course it is. Theists point to the universe and say that something this complex cannot exist uncreated. Yet they have no problem with God, who must be at least as complex as the universe, existing uncreated. That's how the special pleading starts.

However even if true the obvious question arises. What did God do before creating the universe? It must have been boring doing nothing for trillions of years!

What time was there before the space-time universe? You will never get anything but mumbo-jumbo from a theist on this question.

Then suddenly out of nowhere this god decides to create a complex universe placing a huge emphasis on one species on a small planet in an average solar system on the edge of an average galaxy. It seems strange to say the least!

It's worse than that. We know from the Big Bang that the initial known state of the universe was quite simple. It was just energy in a very small volume of space-time. Everything else has appeared as the universe expanded and cooled. The physical processes are well understood and no God is needed to explain them. If there was a creator (natural or otherwise) for the initial Big Bang state, then no further input was needed or is evidenced by observation. So much for biblical God.

Yes agree with that.
truth_is_was_will_be
Posts: 55
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/5/2015 6:57:10 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 10/5/2015 3:37:48 AM, Outplayz wrote:
At 10/4/2015 9:47:58 PM, beng100 wrote:
Theists claim God has existed for eternity. In my view this claim is impossible. However even if true the obvious question arises. What did God do before creating the universe? It must have been boring doing nothing for trillions of years! Then suddenly out of nowhere this god decides to create a complex universe placing a huge emphasis on one species on a small planet in an average solar system on the edge of an average galaxy. It seems strange to say the least!

You are wise for asking questions like this. Most theist on here are going to try and dodge the question or make something up that has no barring on what you are really asking. I can answer this, however not in a theistic way. I wouldn't even say the way i look at the term "god" means what you think ... simply, if i go spiritual on this topic, i would say evolution of consciousness. From the first to now. : :

The consciousness of man was created long before man woke up in a body and began questioning who he is.
annanicole
Posts: 19,791
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/5/2015 7:24:11 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 10/5/2015 6:57:10 PM, truth_is_was_will_be wrote:
At 10/5/2015 3:37:48 AM, Outplayz wrote:
At 10/4/2015 9:47:58 PM, beng100 wrote:
Theists claim God has existed for eternity. In my view this claim is impossible. However even if true the obvious question arises. What did God do before creating the universe? It must have been boring doing nothing for trillions of years! Then suddenly out of nowhere this god decides to create a complex universe placing a huge emphasis on one species on a small planet in an average solar system on the edge of an average galaxy. It seems strange to say the least!

You are wise for asking questions like this. Most theist on here are going to try and dodge the question or make something up that has no barring on what you are really asking. I can answer this, however not in a theistic way. I wouldn't even say the way i look at the term "god" means what you think ... simply, if i go spiritual on this topic, i would say evolution of consciousness. From the first to now. : :

The consciousness of man was created long before man woke up in a body and began questioning who he is.

Seven posts in eighteen minutes? A little over two minutes per post? That just goes to show that you do not really read what anyone else says. You just post irrelevant nonsense and move along, which partially explains why you are banned.
Madcornishbiker: "No, I don't need a dictionary, I know how scripture uses words and that is all I need to now."
truth_is_was_will_be
Posts: 55
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/5/2015 8:23:58 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 10/5/2015 7:24:11 PM, annanicole wrote:
At 10/5/2015 6:57:10 PM, truth_is_was_will_be wrote:
At 10/5/2015 3:37:48 AM, Outplayz wrote:
At 10/4/2015 9:47:58 PM, beng100 wrote:
Theists claim God has existed for eternity. In my view this claim is impossible. However even if true the obvious question arises. What did God do before creating the universe? It must have been boring doing nothing for trillions of years! Then suddenly out of nowhere this god decides to create a complex universe placing a huge emphasis on one species on a small planet in an average solar system on the edge of an average galaxy. It seems strange to say the least!

You are wise for asking questions like this. Most theist on here are going to try and dodge the question or make something up that has no barring on what you are really asking. I can answer this, however not in a theistic way. I wouldn't even say the way i look at the term "god" means what you think ... simply, if i go spiritual on this topic, i would say evolution of consciousness. From the first to now. : :

The consciousness of man was created long before man woke up in a body and began questioning who he is.

Seven posts in eighteen minutes? A little over two minutes per post? That just goes to show that you do not really read what anyone else says. You just post irrelevant nonsense and move along, which partially explains why you are banned. : :

I only have to read the thread once to understand the contents, Anna. Do you know how intelligent our Creator is?
annanicole
Posts: 19,791
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/5/2015 8:36:13 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 10/5/2015 8:23:58 PM, truth_is_was_will_be wrote:
At 10/5/2015 7:24:11 PM, annanicole wrote:
At 10/5/2015 6:57:10 PM, truth_is_was_will_be wrote:
At 10/5/2015 3:37:48 AM, Outplayz wrote:
At 10/4/2015 9:47:58 PM, beng100 wrote:
Theists claim God has existed for eternity. In my view this claim is impossible. However even if true the obvious question arises. What did God do before creating the universe? It must have been boring doing nothing for trillions of years! Then suddenly out of nowhere this god decides to create a complex universe placing a huge emphasis on one species on a small planet in an average solar system on the edge of an average galaxy. It seems strange to say the least!

You are wise for asking questions like this. Most theist on here are going to try and dodge the question or make something up that has no barring on what you are really asking. I can answer this, however not in a theistic way. I wouldn't even say the way i look at the term "god" means what you think ... simply, if i go spiritual on this topic, i would say evolution of consciousness. From the first to now. : :

The consciousness of man was created long before man woke up in a body and began questioning who he is.

Seven posts in eighteen minutes? A little over two minutes per post? That just goes to show that you do not really read what anyone else says. You just post irrelevant nonsense and move along, which partially explains why you are banned. : :

I only have to read the thread once to understand the contents, Anna. Do you know how intelligent our Creator is?

Yeah, and I know how un-intelligent you are. So I'm two-for-two.
Madcornishbiker: "No, I don't need a dictionary, I know how scripture uses words and that is all I need to now."
truth_is_was_will_be
Posts: 55
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/5/2015 8:40:39 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 10/5/2015 8:36:13 PM, annanicole wrote:
At 10/5/2015 8:23:58 PM, truth_is_was_will_be wrote:
At 10/5/2015 7:24:11 PM, annanicole wrote:
At 10/5/2015 6:57:10 PM, truth_is_was_will_be wrote:
At 10/5/2015 3:37:48 AM, Outplayz wrote:
At 10/4/2015 9:47:58 PM, beng100 wrote:
Theists claim God has existed for eternity. In my view this claim is impossible. However even if true the obvious question arises. What did God do before creating the universe? It must have been boring doing nothing for trillions of years! Then suddenly out of nowhere this god decides to create a complex universe placing a huge emphasis on one species on a small planet in an average solar system on the edge of an average galaxy. It seems strange to say the least!

You are wise for asking questions like this. Most theist on here are going to try and dodge the question or make something up that has no barring on what you are really asking. I can answer this, however not in a theistic way. I wouldn't even say the way i look at the term "god" means what you think ... simply, if i go spiritual on this topic, i would say evolution of consciousness. From the first to now. : :

The consciousness of man was created long before man woke up in a body and began questioning who he is.

Seven posts in eighteen minutes? A little over two minutes per post? That just goes to show that you do not really read what anyone else says. You just post irrelevant nonsense and move along, which partially explains why you are banned. : :

I only have to read the thread once to understand the contents, Anna. Do you know how intelligent our Creator is?

Yeah, and I know how un-intelligent you are. So I'm two-for-two. : :

Our Creator is where all intellect comes from. The collective intelligence of the inhabitants of the earth is what keeps them from knowing this fact.
beng100
Posts: 1,055
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/5/2015 8:59:22 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 10/5/2015 7:24:11 PM, annanicole wrote:
At 10/5/2015 6:57:10 PM, truth_is_was_will_be wrote:
At 10/5/2015 3:37:48 AM, Outplayz wrote:
At 10/4/2015 9:47:58 PM, beng100 wrote:
Theists claim God has existed for eternity. In my view this claim is impossible. However even if true the obvious question arises. What did God do before creating the universe? It must have been boring doing nothing for trillions of years! Then suddenly out of nowhere this god decides to create a complex universe placing a huge emphasis on one species on a small planet in an average solar system on the edge of an average galaxy. It seems strange to say the least!

You are wise for asking questions like this. Most theist on here are going to try and dodge the question or make something up that has no barring on what you are really asking. I can answer this, however not in a theistic way. I wouldn't even say the way i look at the term "god" means what you think ... simply, if i go spiritual on this topic, i would say evolution of consciousness. From the first to now. : :

The consciousness of man was created long before man woke up in a body and began questioning who he is.

Seven posts in eighteen minutes? A little over two minutes per post? That just goes to show that you do not really read what anyone else says. You just post irrelevant nonsense and move along, which partially explains why you are banned.

Who was that guy before he was banned? How do you know this?
annanicole
Posts: 19,791
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/5/2015 9:03:43 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 10/5/2015 8:59:22 PM, beng100 wrote:
At 10/5/2015 7:24:11 PM, annanicole wrote:
At 10/5/2015 6:57:10 PM, truth_is_was_will_be wrote:
At 10/5/2015 3:37:48 AM, Outplayz wrote:
At 10/4/2015 9:47:58 PM, beng100 wrote:
Theists claim God has existed for eternity. In my view this claim is impossible. However even if true the obvious question arises. What did God do before creating the universe? It must have been boring doing nothing for trillions of years! Then suddenly out of nowhere this god decides to create a complex universe placing a huge emphasis on one species on a small planet in an average solar system on the edge of an average galaxy. It seems strange to say the least!

You are wise for asking questions like this. Most theist on here are going to try and dodge the question or make something up that has no barring on what you are really asking. I can answer this, however not in a theistic way. I wouldn't even say the way i look at the term "god" means what you think ... simply, if i go spiritual on this topic, i would say evolution of consciousness. From the first to now. : :

The consciousness of man was created long before man woke up in a body and began questioning who he is.

Seven posts in eighteen minutes? A little over two minutes per post? That just goes to show that you do not really read what anyone else says. You just post irrelevant nonsense and move along, which partially explains why you are banned.

Who was that guy before he was banned? How do you know this?

(1) He's gone by dozens of names, dozens of aliases

(2) His name is Brad Holkesvig, better known as "Saint Brad", who claims to be the only saint on earth at the moment.

(3) He is the same guy that predicted his own assassination on or before Jan 15, 2015 - and I note that he's still here.

(4) I would recognize his innane drivel at midnight on Halloween with no moon. It's easy to spot.
Madcornishbiker: "No, I don't need a dictionary, I know how scripture uses words and that is all I need to now."
truth_is_was_will_be
Posts: 55
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/5/2015 9:11:51 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 10/5/2015 9:03:43 PM, annanicole wrote:
At 10/5/2015 8:59:22 PM, beng100 wrote:
At 10/5/2015 7:24:11 PM, annanicole wrote:
At 10/5/2015 6:57:10 PM, truth_is_was_will_be wrote:
At 10/5/2015 3:37:48 AM, Outplayz wrote:
At 10/4/2015 9:47:58 PM, beng100 wrote:
Theists claim God has existed for eternity. In my view this claim is impossible. However even if true the obvious question arises. What did God do before creating the universe? It must have been boring doing nothing for trillions of years! Then suddenly out of nowhere this god decides to create a complex universe placing a huge emphasis on one species on a small planet in an average solar system on the edge of an average galaxy. It seems strange to say the least!

You are wise for asking questions like this. Most theist on here are going to try and dodge the question or make something up that has no barring on what you are really asking. I can answer this, however not in a theistic way. I wouldn't even say the way i look at the term "god" means what you think ... simply, if i go spiritual on this topic, i would say evolution of consciousness. From the first to now. : :

The consciousness of man was created long before man woke up in a body and began questioning who he is.

Seven posts in eighteen minutes? A little over two minutes per post? That just goes to show that you do not really read what anyone else says. You just post irrelevant nonsense and move along, which partially explains why you are banned.

Who was that guy before he was banned? How do you know this?

(1) He's gone by dozens of names, dozens of aliases

(2) His name is Brad Holkesvig, better known as "Saint Brad", who claims to be the only saint on earth at the moment.

(3) He is the same guy that predicted his own assassination on or before Jan 15, 2015 - and I note that he's still here.

(4) I would recognize his innane drivel at midnight on Halloween with no moon. It's easy to spot. : :

Antichrists can easily spot the Truth because it's something they can't understand. In fact, the Truth causes them so much fear that they killed all the prophets and saints who spoke and wrote for our Creator.