Total Posts:22|Showing Posts:1-22
Jump to topic:

Would the world be better with religion?

AWSM0055
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/6/2015 4:10:40 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
For me, I think the world would be better off without religion for the following reasons:

1. Religious people's beliefs give them false hope about an "afterlife", causing them to often waste their lives doing things that are irrelevant.

2. Wastes intelligent minds on garbage, rather than solving the worlds mysteries through actual scientific means.

3. It would decrease terrorism and religious based violence across the world.

4. Similar to above, it would cause everybody to look towards man kinds goals without fairy tales dragging us behind.

5. Saves several lives that would otherwise be wasted due to religious beliefs (e.g. Refusing blood transfusions, refusing Phycological help, etc).

6. Remove cults that rely on tricks and faith to suck money out of people.

That's all my points for now. If any religious people want to refute them, be my guest.
"Evolution proves necessity is the mother of invention" - David Henson

"Calling my atheism a religion, is like calling my non-stamp-collecting a hobby" - MagicAintReal 2016

___________________________________________________________________________________________

Matt8800: "When warring men kidnap damsels of the enemy, what do they do?"

Jerry947: "They give them the option of marriage."

Matt8800: "Correct! You won idiot of the year award!"

http://explosm.net...
bulproof
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/6/2015 4:19:39 PM

It's already got it, but I'll keep a secret if you can.
Religion is just mind control. George Carlin
AWSM0055
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/6/2015 4:34:18 PM
At 10/6/2015 4:19:39 PM, bulproof wrote:

It's already got it, but I'll keep a secret if you can.

Oh my god...worst typo...

Is there any way I can change that?

"Calling my atheism a religion, is like calling my non-stamp-collecting a hobby" - MagicAintReal 2016

___________________________________________________________________________________________

UniversalTheologian
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/6/2015 7:28:53 PM
It isn't possible to get rid of religion without getting rid of all people.

Crime would be nonexistent immediately after this, so you might be on to something.
"There are trivial truths and the great truths. The opposite of a trivial truth is plainly false. The opposite of a great truth is also true." ~ Niels Bohr

"All truth passes through three stages. First, it is ridiculed. Second, it is violently opposed. Third, it is accepted as being self-evident." ~ Arthur Schopenhauer
POPOO5560
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/6/2015 7:31:24 PM
At 10/6/2015 4:10:40 PM, AWSM0055 wrote:
For me, I think the world would be better off without religion for the following reasons:

1. Religious people's beliefs give them false hope about an "afterlife", causing them to often waste their lives doing things that are irrelevant.

believing in "afterlife" actually makes people more generous and morally good. why you mentions this? lol as an "athiest" you wasting your time following invented "morality" by a group of people for their interests which doesnt exist by the way why dont you invent your morality and live accordiing to your individual interests ( i assume you do)? why not rob rich people and become one of them in short time instead working and studying for years and for what? for some little house that you cant pay back.

2. Wastes intelligent minds on garbage, rather than solving the worlds mysteries through actual scientific means.

thats absolutely wrong.

lol most acts of terrorism are secular goals not religious and it got almost nothing to do with religion.

4. Similar to above, it would cause everybody to look towards man kinds goals without fairy tales dragging us behind.

nobody dragging you behind regardless of religious people and athiests everybody keep going toward.

5. Saves several lives that would otherwise be wasted due to religious beliefs (e.g. Refusing blood transfusions, refusing Phycological help, etc).

im sure every religion in emergency occasions you have to break the rules and get help if need to... nobody forcing you to keep following some commandments... that was really stupid.

lol without religions by nature people are selfish and then you have more persons to suck money... that is a red herring i mean what the hell got to do with religion its the people themselves who abuse other people.

That's all my points for now. If any religious people want to refute them, be my guest.

atheism is a joke if you dont selfish you are wasting time in this world 1 life do your best... according to you psychopaths are right in their ways they think they are... who are we to say no?
Never fart near dog
AWSM0055
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/7/2015 3:43:19 AM
At 10/6/2015 7:28:53 PM, UniversalTheologian wrote:

Crime would be nonexistent immediately after this, so you might be on to something.

Lol, it wouldn't get rid of ALL people - there are people called atheists in the world!

Mhykiel
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/7/2015 3:56:04 AM
At 10/7/2015 3:43:19 AM, AWSM0055 wrote:

Lol, it wouldn't get rid of ALL people - there are people called atheists in the world!

Well if we got rid of all the religious people and only left Atheist, then there would no war. Maybe you are on to something.
AWSM0055
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/7/2015 4:24:15 AM
At 10/6/2015 7:31:24 PM, POPOO5560 wrote:

believing in "afterlife" actually makes people more generous and morally good.

No it doesn't. The reason I chose the word "Afterlife" rather than "Heaven" is because people whom aren't convinced about God are threatened with going to hell. This is not good in any sense at all. It's actually very threatening actually.

why you mentions this? lol as an "athiest" you wasting your time following invented "morality" by a group of people for their interests which doesnt exist

I have no idea what you just said, but I think your saying that I can't be moral because I'm an atheist, which is complete bollocks. I'm not evil because I think religion is evil.

by the way why dont you invent your morality and live accordiing to your individual interests ( i assume you do)? why not rob rich people and become one of them in short time instead working and studying for years and for what? for some little house that you cant pay back.

Again, I have no idea what your talking about. Punctuation gets you a long way in sending accurate information on posts. And no, I don't study to get an expensive house. I study so I can appreciate the values of critical thinking rather than blind faith, and it also helps me pick out the worthless information that religion floods the population with.

Besides, your argument is irrelevant to the original question.

thats absolutely wrong.

Care to give a reason?

lol most acts of terrorism are secular goals not religious and it got almost nothing to do with religion.

PPFFFFFFFTTTTT!!! The crusades were supported by the Christian church, the terrorists are supported by their religious leaders and their deluded interpretation of Islam, The Jews conquered ancient Canaan because God told them to...just the other day, a woman was stoned because she supposedly committed adultery in the Middle East! list goes on!

nobody dragging you behind regardless of religious people and athiests everybody keep going toward.

Again, try using punctuation next time. True, no ones dragging ME behind, but the majority of the world is deluded by fairy tales their mummy's told then when they were 4, causing them to devote all their energy into supporting these fairy tales "or they'll go to hell". Only a handful of atheist scientists are actually using proper scientific methods to uncover the mysteries of the universe. If it wasn't for Galileo, we might STILL believe that the sun revolves around the earth. If it wasn't for Darwin, everyone would be thinking we came from God! Scientists have disproved religion again and again, and stupid doctrines from the choices only hinder scientific discovery.

im sure every religion in emergency occasions you have to break the rules and get help if need to... nobody forcing you to keep following some commandments... that was really stupid.

Really? Sure, no ones forcing you...but if you don't oblige, you'll go to hell to burn eternally, or die eternally...and your parents will no longer love you...

lol without religions by nature people are selfish and then you have more persons to suck money... that is a red herring i mean what the hell got to do with religion its the people themselves who abuse other people.

Actually, that's not a red herring. I never diverted the subject, I just made an additional argument for the same subject. Sure, people would still scam, but no longer through religion. Besides, you just shot yourself in the foot with that argument anyway. You say people by nature are selfish, which would cause most (if not all) religions to be fake, because it's so successful. This would mean only certain types of religion or denominations are true. Therefore, that makes it extremely difficult to believe in the right type or denomination...which is stupid if God wants to save mankind.

atheism is a joke if you dont selfish you are wasting time in this world 1 life do your best... according to you psychopaths are right in their ways they think they are... who are we to say no?

I see English not your first language...

Anyway, again, your bias against Atheists and label them as selfish psychopaths, simply because we try to refute your deluded grandeur.

If anything is a joke, it's those who believe in religion. You require no explanation, no proof, no evidence, not even a small whiff of logic, and yet you believe it. If that isn't a joke, I don't know what is.

AWSM0055
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/7/2015 4:26:26 AM
At 10/7/2015 3:56:04 AM, Mhykiel wrote:

Well if we got rid of all the religious people and only left Atheist, then there would no war. Maybe you are on to something.

I doubt it would remove all wars, as war is a business. But it probably would reduce it, since people's value on life would be greater than today.

Mhykiel
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/7/2015 4:30:40 AM
At 10/7/2015 4:26:26 AM, AWSM0055 wrote:

I doubt it would remove all wars, as war is a business. But it probably would reduce it, since people's value on life would be greater than today.

LOL LOL LOL yeah Atheism leads to an increase value put on LIFE! haha haha oh that is rich.

Abortion, eugenics, genocide, assisted suicide, life reducing behavior are all encouraged by Atheist and said to be the "good" thing to do.

Sure increase value on life. You mean to say increase value on personal pleasure and satisfaction without consequence.
phoungyu
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/7/2015 4:38:59 AM

That's all my points for now. If any religious people want to refute them, be my guest. : :

Be patient and wait until your body dies. Then your dreams will come true.
phoungyu
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/7/2015 4:41:18 AM
At 10/7/2015 4:30:40 AM, Mhykiel wrote:

LOL LOL LOL yeah Atheism leads to an increase value put on LIFE! haha haha oh that is rich.

Abortion, eugenics, genocide, assisted suicide, life reducing behavior are all encouraged by Atheist and said to be the "good" thing to do.

Sure increase value on life. You mean to say increase value on personal pleasure and satisfaction without consequence. : :

It's impossible to change God's will. In order to stop all these things that He planned for us to experience, you will have to change his will.
AWSM0055
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/7/2015 4:53:14 AM

Sure increase value on life. You mean to say increase value on personal pleasure and satisfaction without consequence.

Wow calm the hell down buddy! Anyway, I think your a little confused, let me break it down for you...

Abortion - yes, it's not nice, but sometimes you need it. Say a woman got raped and is now having the guys baby...would you really want that thing? Or what if the woman is going to die if she has the baby, what would you do? Make both die or the unconscious baby die?

Sure, some do abort their baby for selfish reasons, but that often doesn't evolve atheists anyway. An atheist simply doesn't believe in God.

Eugenics - this is the process of improving a species through controlled breeding. I don't see how this can be badly anyway, but again, your stating this as though this was a part of an Atheists belief, which it isn't.

Genocide - HAHAHAHAHA! I needed a good laugh. Let's just forget about God killing all humans on earth with the Noah's flood, or the time he killed all Egyptian first borns (even young ones) at Moses time, and we'll also forget about the upcoming future when God kills everybody but a certain chosen people...yeaaaah!

Assisted suicide - I have never heard this one...do Atheist assist those committing suicide? It's not like God also assisted Jesus to provoke the Jews to nail him to the cross as well...right?

Life reducing behaviour - Again, never heard this one either, but God seems to be much more guilty of this anyway.

I have never known an Atheist to encourage being carless with your own life. Its hypocritical anyway, since God also encourages:

Homophobia
Misogyny
Slavery
Violence
Genocide (huehuehue)
Mass murder
Rape and forced marriage (yes, some scriptures actually seem to encourage rape)
Animal sacrifices (not as bad, but still...poor sheep!)
Etc.

And to finish it off: Hitler was a Chrisitan

huehuehuehuehuehuehuehuehue *cough*

AWSM0055
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/7/2015 4:59:50 AM
At 10/7/2015 4:41:18 AM, phoungyu wrote:

Sure increase value on life. You mean to say increase value on personal pleasure and satisfaction without consequence. : :

It's impossible to change God's will. In order to stop all these things that He planned for us to experience, you will have to change his will.

That is the most idiotic, stupidity-reliant argument I have ever seen In my life. Your the proof of why we humans face palm. That argument just proved that God is an evil, selfish, stupid, sadistic mongrel. He planned for us to experience genocide and suicide? He allows that?

I'm done...

Mhykiel
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/7/2015 5:16:24 AM
At 10/7/2015 4:53:14 AM, AWSM0055 wrote:

Wow calm the hell down buddy! Anyway, I think your a little confused, let me break it down for you...

Abortion - yes, it's not nice, but sometimes you need it. Say a woman got raped and is now having the guys baby...would you really want that thing?

So life is important until causes stretch marks.

Or what if the woman is going to die if she has the baby, what would you do? Make both die or the unconscious baby die?

Saving one life when both the life of the mother and fetus were in jeopardy has never been illegal. Medical abortions for the purpose of preserving one out of two lives has always been deemed a necessary evil. So irrelevant to the common use and legalization of abortion.

Sure, some do abort their baby for selfish reasons, but that often doesn't evolve atheists anyway. An atheist simply doesn't believe in God.

You made the claim Atheism leads to an increase respect for life.

Eugenics - this is the process of improving a species through controlled breeding. I don't see how this can be badly anyway, but again, your stating this as though this was a part of an Atheists belief, which it isn't.

I'm stating it is common to atheist thinking and culture.

Genocide - HAHAHAHAHA! I needed a good laugh. Let's just forget about God killing all humans on earth with the Noah's flood, or the time he killed all Egyptian first borns (even young ones) at Moses time, and we'll also forget about the upcoming future when God kills everybody but a certain chosen people...yeaaaah!

It says why god sent a flood. And he didn't do it to kill all human life. But to destroy cannibalistic hybrid humans from destroying the Earth and the blood line of Christ.

Assisted suicide - I have never heard this one...do Atheist assist those committing suicide? It's not like God also assisted Jesus to provoke the Jews to nail him to the cross as well...right?

Life reducing behaviour - Again, never heard this one either, but God seems to be much more guilty of this anyway.

I have never known an Atheist to encourage being carless with your own life. Its hypocritical anyway, since God also encourages:

Homophobia

It's not fear of.

Misogyny

God never encouraged this, quote a bible verse.

Slavery

Slavery isn't bad. And it doesn't degrade life anymore than a soldier to a general, or you to your boss. Slavery was also a means of internship.

the military are institutions of slavery. Controlling peoples actions further than the general public, an additional set of rules than the general public (UCMJ), livery (or clothes provided by master), and other common characteristics of slave relationships.

Violence

Does violence demean life? Or is violence necessary to protect life from injustice and tyrants disguised under law.

Genocide (huehuehue)
Mass murder

Sure I'll give you those.

Etc.

I'm curious, can you cite a post where Hitler affirms Jesus as his lord and savior?

1 John 4:2 By this you know the Spirit of God: every spirit that confesses that Jesus Christ has come in the flesh is from God; 3and every spirit that does not confess Jesus is not from God; this is the spirit of the antichrist.
AWSM0055
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/7/2015 6:03:24 AM
At 10/7/2015 5:16:24 AM, Mhykiel wrote:

Abortion - yes, it's not nice, but sometimes you need it. Say a woman got raped and is now having the guys baby...would you really want that thing?

I'll use this same argument against you later...besides, a foetus -though living - is not as important as an adult. You step on an ant, that doesn't matter, or if you hunt a deer for food, that doesn't matter, or if you kill a chickens unborn chick for food, that doesn't matter, yet somehow unborn human foetus matters more than the millions God killed in the bible,,or the millions killed by religion.

Or what if the woman is going to die if she has the baby, what would you do? Make both die or the unconscious baby die?

Saving one life when both the life of the mother and fetus were in jeopardy has never been illegal.

Legality is irrelevant...your making the claim that Atheists encourage abortion, and I say that abortion is sometimes necessary. Where did the legal system come in?

Medical abortions for the purpose of preserving one out of two lives has always been deemed a necessary evil. So irrelevant to the common use and legalization of abortion.

Again, I never said abortion should be illegal or legal, nor did I state that anything about abortion and legality in the same sentence before now.

Yes I did, because we don't rely on an afterlife to be careless with our current life. The life we have currently is our only life, thus we respect it.

And a fetes is a life, sure, but like I said above, sometimes you need to make sacrifices in order to live or live in a comfortable environment. But again, you seem to make the assumption that only atheists encourage abortion, which is false for obvious reasons.

...which was irrelevant in supporting you claim that atheist disrespect life.

It says why god sent a flood. And he didn't do it to kill all human life. But to destroy cannibalistic hybrid humans from destroying the Earth and the blood line of Christ.

Yes, and Hitler gassed the Jews to destroy all forms of inferior life to prevent destroying a pure Arian blood Germany. Besides, you here are saying that genocide is encouraged amount atheists - which it's not - and then you say it's fine to kill all but a few humans, as long as it's for good reasons. You completely ignore the other instances of genocide by God as well such as the Egyptian babies that didn't know either ways, or the upcoming destruction of earth where countless of people that didn't even know Christians are also killed. Also, is life only I,portent until it causes stretch marks?

I see you completely ignored this argument...

And this one.

Homophobia

It's not fear of.

The word doesn't always mean it's literal meaning.
Merriam-Webster dictionary states that homophobia is:
" irrational fear of, aversion to, or discrimination against homosexuality or homosexuals."

Misogyny

I would, but there are SO many, I can't be bothered looking them up, so here's a website that lists all of the misogynistic scriptures found in the bible: http://www.religiouscriticism.com...

Slavery

Slavery isn't bad. And it doesn't degrade life anymore than a soldier to a general, or you to your boss. Slavery was also a means of internship.

the military are institutions of slavery. Controlling peoples actions further than the general public, an additional set of rules than the general public (UCMJ), livery (or clothes provided by master), and other common characteristics of slave relationships.

Holy crap you have a warped view of reality. A soldier can leave an army, but a slave is forced to do work without pay or anything.

The bible actually treats slaves so bad, in fact, it wants to make me vomit:
Leviticus 25:44
Exodus 21:2
Exodus 21:20
Ephesians 6:5
Luke 21:47
List goes on...
Violence

Does violence demean life? Or is violence necessary to protect life from injustice and tyrants disguised under law.

Wow...just...wow...

Genocide (huehuehue)
Mass murder

You better!
Etc.

I'm curious, can you cite a post where Hitler affirms Jesus as his lord and savior?

1 John 4:2 By this you know the Spirit of God: every spirit that confesses that Jesus Christ has come in the flesh is from God; 3and every spirit that does not confess Jesus is not from God; this is the spirit of the antichrist.

He was even baptised by the Roman Catholic Church...pity God couldn't stop him...
http://www.evilbible.com...

UniversalTheologian
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/7/2015 1:34:54 PM

Even atheists have religion. A religion is a way of life.
"There are trivial truths and the great truths. The opposite of a trivial truth is plainly false. The opposite of a great truth is also true." ~ Niels Bohr

"All truth passes through three stages. First, it is ridiculed. Second, it is violently opposed. Third, it is accepted as being self-evident." ~ Arthur Schopenhauer
AWSM0055
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/7/2015 1:47:07 PM
At 10/7/2015 1:34:54 PM, UniversalTheologian wrote:

Religion is the belief and worship of a god/gods. Being an atheist nullifies any possibility of having a religion!

Besides, according to your definition, religion is a "Way of life". So if religion is just a lifestyle, then every pattern and habit in my life is a religion, according to you.

That is clearly idiotic.

UniversalTheologian
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/7/2015 1:52:31 PM
At 10/7/2015 1:47:07 PM, AWSM0055 wrote:
At 10/7/2015 1:34:54 PM, UniversalTheologian wrote:

Religion is the belief and worship of a god/gods. Being an atheist nullifies any possibility of having a religion!

Besides, according to your definition, religion is a "Way of life". So if religion is just a lifestyle, then every pattern and habit in my life is a religion, according to you.

That is clearly idiotic.

Only if you don't believe in paganism.

dhardage
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/7/2015 2:19:48 PM
Short answer: yes. Religion is one of the few things that can convince good people to do bad things and still feel like they're still good, upright citizens.
dhardage
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/7/2015 2:32:48 PM
At 10/7/2015 5:16:24 AM, Mhykiel wrote:

Saving one life when both the life of the mother and fetus were in jeopardy has never been illegal. Medical abortions for the purpose of preserving one out of two lives has always been deemed a necessary evil. So irrelevant to the common use and legalization of abortion.

Better recheck yourself. There are numerous abortion opposition groups, all religiously based, that want it prohibited altogether.

There is no 'atheist' culture or thinking, save that we don't believe in a god or gods.

"But to destroy cannibalistic hybrid humans" Where is the name of good sense did you get this? Did you watch too much of 'The Walking Dead' or something? There is NO mention of any such thing in any version of the Christian holy book. If I'm wrong, please quote chapter and verse.

Homophobia

It's not fear of.

Misogyny

Slavery

Slavery isn't bad.

Then go sell yourself to someone who can beat you as much and as hard as he wishes as long as you don't die in less than a day. Yes, that's biblical.

And it doesn't degrade life anymore than a soldier to a general, or you to your boss.

Have you ever been slaves, or a soldier? I can claim the soldier part and I promise you no General or any other officer ever had the authority to beat me or starve me on a whim. This is the epitome of stupid justifications.

Slavery was also a means of internship.

Uh, no, that was apprenticeship. Slaves weren't trained in skilled labor, just a beasts of burden like all the other animals slavemasters owned.

Once again, if you were ever there then you must have been in a really messed up unit or service. The military is an arm of the government and are defenders of the Constitution and the people. Yes, the UCMJ has rules that don't apply to the general public because being in any branch of the Armed Forces isn't like being a civilian. Yes, uniforms are worn but it's not the livery of a slave. Good grief, where did you get this crap?

Violence

Killing an entire city's first born is an act of unnecessary, abhorrent violence. That's not defending anything.

Genocide (huehuehue)
Mass murder

Etc.

Even the uniform buttons of the elite Nazi forces said 'Gott Mit Uns", or God with Us. Hitler at least publicly believed he was doing God's work, getting rid of the Jews. That's been a common action of so called Christians up until recently. Please refer to the pogroms held in Tsarist Russia and the actions of the Inquisition against Jews as well.